Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,877 members, 7,841,290 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Manchester City Fan Thread!! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester City Fan Thread!! (340548 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by FBS: 5:11pm On Jan 09, 2011
Leicester don score oo at the very first attack. . .first minute (Sol Bamba who just signed for the club last week)

waaa, Vassel is still playing? shocked BRAVO!!!
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by FBS: 5:27pm On Jan 09, 2011
MILNER! CRACKING GOAL!!! . . .

1- 1
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by FBS: 5:39pm On Jan 09, 2011
Joe Hart!!! How did he save that? shocked BRILLIANT!
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by FBS: 5:41pm On Jan 09, 2011
Bambaaa! oh so close!! Leicester City!
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by HNIC(m): 6:29pm On Jan 09, 2011
Joe Hart is crazy
Busy shining against Arsenal
Now doing a 'Flappyanski' here
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola(m): 12:17pm On Jan 11, 2011
haha. Omo Leicester City played some fantastic ball that day I no go lie. shocked

They will chop their beating when they come to manchester tho. cool
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by bgees(m): 2:43am On Jan 15, 2011
sorry people, this picture really cracked me up , just had to share it.

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/3553/teveth.jpg
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola(m): 3:42pm On Jan 15, 2011
bgees:

sorry people, this picture really cracked me up , just had to share it.

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/3553/teveth.jpg

LMAO!! That was the funniest $hit i've seen in a long time. grin grin grin
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by kaypumpin2(m): 7:06pm On Jan 22, 2011
Darren Bent scores on his debut and he's already celebrating by "tapping" on Villa's badge. . .these players worse pass ashewo sef
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by switch47(m): 8:12pm On Jan 22, 2011
Mumu man shiity yeye team. going down down down as this thread will eventually----shior!
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by Krayola(m): 5:03pm On May 14, 2011
*cough cough*

Citeh beat Wenger to a trophy. . .

I can't shout. . . .

I fit laugh sha  grin grin grin grin 

We no dey play . . . next year na premiership.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by medjai(m): 9:14pm On May 14, 2011
Money can't buy success? Think again
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by dipo2much(m): 1:26am On May 15, 2011
Congratulations citeh!
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by medjai(m): 12:21am On May 18, 2011
Tevez. . . What a player! Mancini should just continue partnering Milner with de Jong. . . Barry is useless
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by manmustwac(m): 4:36pm On May 19, 2011
So who is a man city fan then?
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by medjai(m): 5:17pm On May 19, 2011
manmustwac:

So who is a man city fan then?
I'm a City fan grin
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by AjanleKoko: 12:42pm On May 20, 2011
I think I'll sign up for City. Not as a fan though; there is only one club for me. But I think I'll follow them in England. The future looks bright for them.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by mbulela: 2:45pm On May 20, 2011
AjanleKoko:

I think I'll sign up for City. Not as a fan though; there is only one club for me. But I think I'll follow them in England. The future looks bright for them.
glory hunter tongue
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by AjanleKoko: 2:50pm On May 20, 2011
mbulela:

glory hunter tongue

Nah.
The club I support is so weighed down by trophies it can hardly walk these days. We don drink glory tire.
Actually there is a professional reason why I should follow them wink
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by mbulela: 4:22pm On May 20, 2011
perfectly understood.
imagine an Arsenal fan working for Singapore Airlines grin
AjanleKoko:

Nah.
The club I support is so weighed down by trophies it can hardly walk these days. We don drink glory tire.
Actually there is a professional reason why I should follow them wink
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by medjai(m): 10:15pm On May 20, 2011
City are a breath of fresh air in a league routinely contested by two teams - Man Utd and Chelsea.
Since 2000:
Bundesliga has had 5 different champions
La liga 4 different champions
Serie A has had 4 different champions
EPL has had only 3 different champions.
AjanleKoko:

You're welcome bro. City has a growing fanbase here in Nigeria. A colleague of mine at work supports City and a couple of other guys around Lere where I live are supporters too.
It's still Barca first for me and all the other Spanish teams but I think City can go places.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by manmustwac(m): 6:53pm On May 21, 2011
Bloody fake manchester shitty fans. angry What happens WHEN they fail to finish fourth next season? Una all go show your true colours and change teams again abi?
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by AjanleKoko: 6:59pm On May 21, 2011
manmustwac:

Bloody fake manchester shitty fans. angry What happens WHEN they fail to finish fourth next season? Una all go show your true colours and change teams again abi?

It doesn't really matter. Like medjai said, it's good to see a team that looks a little bit different from the traditional English giants.
Sort of like Chelsea, when Gullit, and later Vialli showed up. They were like a breath of fresh air, and looked likely challengers to the United-Arsenal-Liverpool trichotomy. They brought a continental flair to the English game, and were delightful to watch.

City though is a bit different. They have a bit of a glass jaw, but have shown that they can play up there with the rest of them, if they can just adopt the right mentality, a winning mentality. Unlike the Chelsea of Gullit and Vialli, they don't have too many boys who have won a lot, asides Toure and Tevez, but they bring something new to the game.

On a side, why do you EPL fans thrive on cussing? Make una relax and just enjoy the game jare.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by usbcable(m): 10:53am On Jul 28, 2011
manmustwac:

and they made forth place yet they couldnt ''show their colors''

AjanleKoko:

It doesn't really matter. Like medjai said, it's good to see a team that looks a little bit different from the traditional English giants.
Sort of like Chelsea, when Gullit, and later Vialli showed up. They were like a breath of fresh air, and looked likely challengers to the United-Arsenal-Liverpool trichotomy. They brought a continental flair to the English game, and were delightful to watch.

City though is a bit different. They have a bit of a glass jaw, but have shown that they can play up there with the rest of them, if they can just adopt the right mentality, a winning mentality. Unlike the Chelsea of Gullit and Vialli, they don't have too many boys who have won a lot, asides Toure and Tevez, but they bring something new to the game.

On a side, why do you EPL fans thrive on cussing? Make una relax and just enjoy the game jare.
and now they just got better with signing of Aguero. i hope they send that ''My family'' man to Argentina or brazil sharp sharp sef. or else he should just shut up and play futbol for the sheikhs.
@bolded, its in their DNA
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by AjanleKoko: 10:59am On Jul 28, 2011
Welcome Aguero.
Let's hope the Sheikhs can get one more year out of Carlito.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by usbcable(m): 2:36pm On Aug 01, 2011
And it seems the shiekhs investments are starting to yield results.

3-0 spanking of Internazionalle shocked shocked shocked

but we can still say na friendly match. but it wasn't so for Balotelli grin
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by AjanleKoko: 3:17pm On Aug 01, 2011
usbcable:

and they made forth place yet they couldnt ''show their colors''

They made third.
The other Emirates shirt in England made fourth place wink
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by usbcable(m): 4:25pm On Aug 01, 2011
and the one in italy won the Serie A
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by medjai(m): 5:10pm On Aug 01, 2011
Silva tore Inter to shreds yesterday. His pass to Dzeko for the 2nd goal was nothing short of magical.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by medjai(m): 12:38pm On Aug 02, 2011
Silva! Bloody genius
[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJhJ2YfI_HI[/flash]
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by usbcable(m): 5:30pm On Aug 03, 2011
am happy for man city, with the calibre of players the have.
Silva
Toure yaya
hart
and now Aguero.

the only ones that makes me sick of the club is Balotelli, tevez and adebayor.

fire starters in every phrase of the word. but ironically emma seems comfy with RM inexplicably.
Re: Manchester City Fan Thread!! by AjanleKoko: 1:05pm On Aug 08, 2011
I didn't enjoy my first City game of this season. This is their first game I watched for the entire 90 minutes, and was not impressed at all.
They defended hopelessly, and there was a total lack of communication in the game. United players, even the youngsters, were far more mobile, and showed more intent, with enough pace and power to control the game.

I'll particularly single out a few areas City need to work on if they hope to make any impact this season:

Defence: Joleon Lescott needs to concentrate more. He is always conspicuously absent, and doesn't defend as well as Kompany. Kolarov was also a bad substitute for Zabaleta. Which is surprising, since he was quite important for them last season. Look how Smalling schooled him on that right flank. Embarassing.

Defensive Midfield: I wonder why they don't play Yaya as a holding player. Nigel De Jong must be the most incompetent holding midfielder I have ever seen. The United players just ran around him and passed around him like he wasn't even there. Kind of like what Messi, Xavi and Iniesta do to most holding midfielders in Europe. Milner is also another hopeless somebody, who defends badly, and is worse going forward. Makes a lot of empty-headed runs to nowhere. A bit of improvement when Barry came in, but still Mr De Jong managed to look on stupidly as Kompany lost the ball to Nani for the tie-breaker.

Attacking midfield: Well, if you can't get the ball, you can't do much can you? City spent much of the afternoon in their own half anyway. Silva never could get the ball, but was involved in the first goal, he took the free kick. Altogether not bad considering the circumstances.

Attack: Mr Dzeko is kind of like Ibra. A talent, no doubt, but way too slow. He needs all the time in the world to find space, and was easily readable. He did suffer the midfield collapse though, and had to go back to win balls for himself. Case in point his well-taken goal against Mr De Gea. Fastest I have ever seen him move.

All in, a performance by City that belies the scoreline. It should have been more like 4-0 to United.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (32) (Reply)

Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.