Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,817 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Subsidy Removal: Opportunity To Show Nigerians That You Really Care - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Removal: Opportunity To Show Nigerians That You Really Care (689 Views)

5 Categories Of Nigerians That Are Happy Buhari Is Back / The Osasu Show: Nigerians Assess President Buhari's First Year In Office / No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Subsidy Removal: Opportunity To Show Nigerians That You Really Care by GoldHorse(m): 12:57pm On May 13, 2016
Opportunity comes along once in a while ( I am not of the ..."but one...." school of taught) and the fuel subsidy removal presents a very great opportunity for Churches, Mosques and even Shrines to show Nigerians that they do really care about them.

I would not want to delve into whether the removal or readjustment (as some tend to see it) is right, needed or well-timed. A lot of very well informed Nigerians (and the not so informed) have done justice to that already.

What I am suggesting is that all these our wonderful organisations start importing and selling fuel at any reasonable and masses friendly profit margins so as to enable them run the business and at the same time reduce the crunching burdens on many Nigerians. Their action will help force down the pump price of petroleum products. So instead of organized Labour clamouring for show down they should organize and clamour for import business. Also instead of establishing many businesses that are out of rich of the masses our religious bodies could establish ones that will lift them (the masses) up. Nigerians could never have needed lifting up at any other time than this.

A friend in need is a friend indeed. We need those helps now. We are not asking you to dash petrol out but to invest in a thing that will end up in investing in ameliorating the suffering we are presently facing. We will not remember how many jets you have or the make of the latest car you just bought we will remember that you stood up and support us when it matters. And this kind of story lives long after you are gone and it will be seen in history as a very human gesture and helping hands offered Nigerian in time of need.

And for those that will want us to "attack" the government. I do not actually see anything wrong with that if done constructively (or anyhow YOU like). That has been going on even before my papa meet my mama................ but who protest epp?! grin
Re: Subsidy Removal: Opportunity To Show Nigerians That You Really Care by TippyTop(m): 2:06pm On May 13, 2016
[s]
GoldHorse:
Opportunity comes along once in a while ( I am not of the ..."but one...." school of taught) and the fuel subsidy removal presents a very great opportunity for Churches, Mosques and even Shrines to show Nigerians that they do really care about them.

I would not want to delve into whether the removal or readjustment (as some tend to see it) is right, needed or well-timed. A lot of very well informed Nigerians (and the not so informed) have done justice to that already.

What I am suggesting is that all these our wonderful organisations start importing and selling fuel at any reasonable and masses friendly profit margins so as to enable them run the business and at the same time reduce the crunching burdens on many Nigerians. Their action will help force down the pump price of petroleum products. So instead of organized Labour clamouring for show down they should organize and clamour for import business. Also instead of establishing many businesses that are out of rich of the masses our religious bodies could establish ones that will lift them (the masses) up. Nigerians could never have needed lifting up at any other time than this.

A friend in need is a friend indeed. We need those helps now. We are not asking you to dash petrol out but to invest in a thing that will end up in investing in ameliorating the suffering we are presently facing. We will not remember how many jets you have or the make of the latest car you just bought we will remember that you stood up and support us when it matters. And this kind of story lives long after you are gone and it will be seen in history as a very human gesture and helping hands offered Nigerian in time of need.

And for those that will want us to "attack" the government. I do not actually see anything wrong with that if done constructively (or anyhow YOU like). That has been going on even before my papa meet my mama................ but who protest epp?! grin

[/s]

(1) (Reply)

How APC Is Masterminding Pdp’s Breakup / Group Picture Of Some Soldiers Who Have Lost Hands/legs In The Boko Haram Fight / Fayose- This Is Real Democracy (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.