Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Living In London, Building In Lekki - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Living In London, Building In Lekki (39964 Views)

Victims Of The Collapsed Three-Storey Building In Lagos (Photos) / Update On The Collapsed Building In Enugu / People Trapped In A Burning Building In Oluwole, Lagos Island (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In London, Building In Lekki by brunofarad(m): 6:55am On May 14, 2016
AS A PROMINENT FIGURE IN THE PROPERTY SECTION OF NAIRALAND.
I WANT TO OFFICIALLY...

OCCUPY THIS LARGE EXPANSE OF LAND grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In London, Building In Lekki by tunde1200(m): 6:56am On May 14, 2016
Nice piece of advice op Weldon
Re: Living In London, Building In Lekki by tivta(m): 6:57am On May 14, 2016
Cribpark:
To Build or Invest
You are living in a studio apartment in Canada, but you have built a mansion in that part of your village where there is no light, no road and no other storey building. You only use the house during Christmas and New Year. Sometimes you wonder if it wouldn’t have been better if you spent the bulk of the money on your business, than on the house that now looks more like a social investment. Now your mansion is the biggest in your village, but even the smallest house in the city is more valuable than yours.

I disagree, no true African man will want to retire in the city, villagers have extraordinary lifespan
Re: Living In London, Building In Lekki by enoch273: 6:58am On May 14, 2016
I never build house o, neither do I stay in boys quarter self, but I must comment, because I believe in the beauty of my dreams....

Nice one OP
Re: Living In London, Building In Lekki by babyfaceafrica: 7:04am On May 14, 2016
tivta:

I disagree, no true African man will want to retire in the city, villagers have extraordinary lifespan
only God guarantees long life,staying in the village doesn't..

6 Likes

Re: Living In London, Building In Lekki by tivta(m): 7:11am On May 14, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
only God guarantees long life,staying in the village doesn't..
Do your research, people who live in the village live longer than those in the city
God helps those who help themselves

2 Likes

Re: Living In London, Building In Lekki by babyfaceafrica: 7:14am On May 14, 2016
tivta:

Do your research, people who live in the village live longer than those in the city
if you have proof ,kindly lay it here

1 Like

Re: Living In London, Building In Lekki by babyfaceafrica: 7:16am On May 14, 2016
tivta:

if you have proof ,kindly lay it here,it all depends on how you live your life,watever they are eating,drinking and taking in the village is available in the city if you have the resources..I don't have to go to the village to enjoy it

1 Like

Re: Living In London, Building In Lekki by segcymoor(m): 7:16am On May 14, 2016
Well said! Engage a sound professional

1 Like

Re: Living In London, Building In Lekki by dewale1234(m): 7:34am On May 14, 2016
I can relate to this very well, my current land lady lives in the UK, she asked her brother to build her house and the guy did as expected. Today she is practically rebuilding the while house. Changing lights, rewiring, changing windows, erecting 'pillars' etc. Sometimes its better to chop suya with your money than asking a relative build for you.

2 Likes

Re: Living In London, Building In Lekki by jojothaiv(m): 7:52am On May 14, 2016
ifenes:
Leaving matters to god simply means you are ready to do nothing because you know god doesn't exist.

When people say "god is my witness" It is to show they have no witness

Anyway,why build a house in lekki when jesus is building mansions in an unknown planet for you? Just chill till he returns,if he ever returns
And its different strokes for different folks..
Re: Living In London, Building In Lekki by Nobody: 8:00am On May 14, 2016
Nice one! smiley
Re: Living In London, Building In Lekki by Nobody: 8:03am On May 14, 2016
KenModi:
OP God bless you for this writeup. It could save many NLs abroad for losing millions of naira.

Thanks.

Meanwhile if you are interested in studying at a university in Europe and America, September admission is currently going on.

Contact me for any enquiry by checking my signature.

1. Are full scholarships available?

2. How many times is one permitted to pay tuition if full scholarships aren't available?

3. Are there on-campus job through which one can cover tuition expenses?

4. Are there external scholarships that one can apply for which can help to cover other expenses?

2 Likes

Re: Living In London, Building In Lekki by Nobody: 8:05am On May 14, 2016
dewale1234:
I can relate to this very well, my current land lady lives in the UK, she asked her brother to build her house and the guy did as expected. Today she is practically rebuilding the while house. Changing lights, rewiring, changing windows, erecting 'pillars' etc. Sometimes its better to chop suya with your money than asking a relative build for you.

But it's not her brother's fault nah
Re: Living In London, Building In Lekki by Joygalore(f): 8:15am On May 14, 2016
I come home twice a year to supervise my building myself.

Experience has taught me never to trust.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In London, Building In Lekki by Lexusgs430: 8:16am On May 14, 2016
If you want to build in Nigeria, but are resident in the diaspora.
The best solution is staggering the project, and been on ground each time all the projects are carried out.
Or else................ Monkey go dey work...................

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In London, Building In Lekki by Chukazu: 8:17am On May 14, 2016
englishmart:
no need building in lekki when I have my lovely Enugu to beautify

aku ruo ulo, my brother

2 Likes

Re: Living In London, Building In Lekki by smiley001(m): 8:19am On May 14, 2016
Good write up.

But all in all, You can patronise us for your Granite, Stone dust, Stone Base, Hardcore etc directly from the quarry for all your building construction or check my signature under.
Re: Living In London, Building In Lekki by jantavanta(m): 8:20am On May 14, 2016
dewale1234:

The guy may have done as expected, using inferior quality materials and under-paying the workmen, so as not to be accused of overspending.
Re: Living In London, Building In Lekki by Chukazu: 8:23am On May 14, 2016
Cribpark:
To Build or Invest
You are living in a studio apartment in Canada, but you have built a mansion in that part of your village where there is no light, no road and no other storey building. You only use the house during Christmas and New Year. Sometimes you wonder if it wouldn’t have been better if you spent the bulk of the money on your business, than on the house that now looks more like a social investment. Now your mansion is the biggest in your village, but even the smallest house in the city is more valuable than yours.

the truth is this...every city was once a village. so I can as well build in village and position myself for the things to come
Re: Living In London, Building In Lekki by younglawya(m): 8:25am On May 14, 2016
It is very important to do a thorough verification through a LAWYERT before any sort of land transaction is done. I have acted for a client who was defrauded by his own father who took money for the surveyor and started fabricating beacons by him self . I can be reached on 2bc42c35 or 07037836881
Re: Living In London, Building In Lekki by KenModi(m): 8:27am On May 14, 2016
sarzy:

1. Are full scholarships available?

2. How many times is one permitted to pay tuition if full scholarships aren't available?

3. Are there on-campus job through which one can cover tuition expenses?

4. Are there external scholarships that one can apply for which can help to cover other expenses?

Lets chat via Whatsapp. This is my number +905488789002.
Re: Living In London, Building In Lekki by tivta(m): 8:28am On May 14, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
if you have proof ,kindly lay it here,it all depends on how you live your life,watever they are eating,drinking and taking in the village is available in the city if you have the resources..I don't have to go to the village to enjoy it
Am speaking from what I have seen, the issue is that most people living in places like lagos and porthacourt have high blood pressure due to high noise, besides that when you look at posters from people who die in cities you will find out they died at a younger age than those who live in the village. I would have posted links but unfortunately the available links have USA as a case study.

2 Likes

Re: Living In London, Building In Lekki by MrMcJay(m): 8:32am On May 14, 2016
A Nigerian man in the diaspora called me sometimes ago that he wanted to buy a land in Nigeria. I advised that he allows me check the land and its documents as well as handle the deal as I'm a lawyer and he promised to revert back. Unfortunately, when he called back, he said his father in-law had found another lawyer willing to accept one-quarter of the amount I billed him as legal fees. He accused me of overcharging and all.

After 8 months or thereabouts, he called me out of the blues and had to reintroduce himself as I had totally forgotten about him. In a shaky voice, he narrated his experience and sought my help.

According to him, his wife's father here in Nigeria suggested he buys a land in Lagos and builds a block of flats for rentals. When he suggested independent legal advice, his father in-law discouraged him and instead promised to get a "cheaper" lawyer. His father in-law collected money for a land at Surulere and construction of a block of 6 flats and other associated monies.

Whenever he requested for pictures of the project, his father in-law would send pictures of other people's building projects and our man would be smiling happily that he had an investment in Naija. After sometime, he came to Nigeria and decided to check out his 'house'; it was at this point that he discovered that his father in-law didn't buy the land not to talk of building anything. The old man had conned his own son in-law of tens of millions.

There are tons of similar experiences but the perpetrators don't get punished as they're usually close family members.

2 Likes

Re: Living In London, Building In Lekki by Burgerlomo: 8:45am On May 14, 2016
Thanks a lot
Re: Living In London, Building In Lekki by fireforfire: 8:52am On May 14, 2016
D long n short of dis story is ............DON'T ask ur relatives or friends to carry out a project on ur behalf.
It doesn't always end well

Make sure ur there to see things for urself once in a while.
Dem go reap u off wella

2 Likes

Re: Living In London, Building In Lekki by telim: 8:54am On May 14, 2016
KenModi:

Lets chat via Whatsapp. This is my number +905488789002.
Can you recommend any online foreign university situated in UK or USA to Study electrical/electronic engineering with tuition fees in the range of 7000 to 9000 dollars per session?

1 Like

Re: Living In London, Building In Lekki by KenModi(m): 9:03am On May 14, 2016
telim:
Can you recommend any online foreign university situated in UK or USA to Study electrical/electronic engineering with tuition fees in the range of 7000 to 9000 dollars per session?

Bros please send me a message on whatsapp or viber.

We cannot discuss properly here on NL.
Re: Living In London, Building In Lekki by Slymonster(m): 9:19am On May 14, 2016
all this abroad or akate people,they always think somebody is cheating them of there money especially when building a house for them and the annoying part they price alot..
Re: Living In London, Building In Lekki by mcgaius: 9:27am On May 14, 2016
This why the company I work with has come up with advanced building plan where upon an agreement with you,your choice design will be made for you and the cost of building from foundation to finishing determined.You can deposit 40 percent of the total building cost into an escrow account in any of the 3 banks we partner with.The bank project team will monitor the disbursements of your fund for the construction of your building based on milestones.Upon the completion of your house,we shall invite you for an inspection to confirm if the completed building is in line with the agreement we shall enter with you.If you are satisfied with what you see ,you can instruct the bank to release our balance but if you are not satisfied with our construction as a result of our error,all the correction cost will ensure on us.Just be mindful that the construction will be based on the agreement we entered with you because if you come up with an after thought addition or substration when construction has commenced,the cost will be on you.This is ideal for anyone having trust issue with relatives,people who are too.busy,people residing outside the country.

1 Like

Re: Living In London, Building In Lekki by ephi123(f): 9:29am On May 14, 2016
OP, post your source before I talk
Re: Living In London, Building In Lekki by Schwartz: 9:32am On May 14, 2016
An aunt in the USA had a worse experience. She sent money consistently to her trusted nephew. This guy collected the monies and indeed built the house. As soon as this woman came down to Nigeria to inspect and enjoy her finished building the guy stopped her from acquiring her own property. The case has been in court for years with her having to travel down to Nigeria multiple times a year because of continuous adjournments. In court the guy, her nephew o angry tendered receipts and documents showing only his name because he actually was the one who purchased everything in cash. It therefore made it difficult for her to prove she actually owns the house because everything he did from land purchase to building materials he did it in his name.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cost Of Cement And Blockwork (may 2021) / List Of Building Materials In Nigeria And The Price Qoutes / Mansion In The Village And Rented Apartment In Town.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.