Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Igbos Own Some Of The Cattles Reared By Fulani Herdsmen – Enugu monarch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Own Some Of The Cattles Reared By Fulani Herdsmen – Enugu monarch (2176 Views)

"We Were Not Attacked By Fulani Herdsmen" - God Is Good Motors Cries Out / Igbos Own 70% Of The Industries In Lagos........tanko Yakasi / Fulani Herdsmen: Enugu Governor Vows "Never Again" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Own Some Of The Cattles Reared By Fulani Herdsmen – Enugu monarch by hayzee545(m): 12:59pm On May 14, 2016
Igwe Emmanuel Ugwu, the traditional ruler of Ibagwa Nike community in Enugu, has bared his mind on the recent invasion and killings of scores of residents of Ukpabi Nimbo recently by suspected Fulani herdsmen.

The Igwe in an interview with New Telegraph, explains that most of accusation that Fulani herdsmen are behind several killings in the country are unfounded, as the real owners of cattles are rich men that cut across all ethnic group in the country.

According to him: "One thing that is visible is that when they talk about herdsmen, cattle-rearers are like traders and they have bosses who are the owners of those cows."

"Even some owners of those cows are Igbos. Nobody is talking about that, but I know that some notable people who happen to be in government got a lot of cow as royalties."

"I remember what happened on May 2, I was going out early in the morning, I saw two boys pursuing Fulani people and if not because of my intervention that morning, they could have killed them near my kingdom. When I stopped, I asked them where they came from. It happened that they came from Abakaliki in Ebonyi State."

"If they had killed them, they will say that it is Edem-Nike people, because it is in Edem Nike I met them. But those that wanted to kill them are from Abakaliki. I saw them and asked them why they are pursuing them; they said they damaged their block."

"I asked them, is it worth killing somebody because they damaged your block? How much is your block, tell me I will pay. That was how we solved the problem. And this issue, I was even made to understand that the cattle those boys were rearing that particular morning belonged to a certain politician from this area, not from Sokoto or from Katsina."

When asked about claims that some cattlerearers are planted in the South East to foment trouble, the Igwe said: "In my own place, I have Fulanis living in my kingdom for over 20 years, and we don’t have any problem with them. At every ceremony, they come inside the community to enjoy with us. If they are having naming ceremony, some of our boys will join them.

"The only problem we have which is internal is damaging crops and I have not seen any one of them damaging crops, but will start quarrelling or claiming that they will fight, no. Rather they will start begging, if they can pay for what has been damaged, and so on."

"But those coming from the outside told me that there are those they call shua shua people or Shuwa Arab that used to come from Suddan, from Chad and from different countries."

"And they are in this country. Some of them steal cows and because some of them will even mix with Fulanis and steal their cow. But those people used to move in the night from 9pm to 5am."

"They keep moving in the bush damaging plants."

"And when they damage those things, some will believe it is still the Fulanis living in that area that damaged it."

"And that is the reason when there was a problem at Awgu, those people at Awgu, most of them came into our place in good numbers to stay."

"So our boys wanted to react, I called them and warned them, I said ‘you don’t take law into your hands; you are supposed to inform me’.

"As God would have it, the women of my community came to me and explained to me."

"The Town Union president called me; I said this is how it is supposed to be. You don’t go and take law into your hand before complaining to the head of the community."

"But because they communicated me, I called the Fulani people living with us, I said ‘are you the ones that invited the people from outside?’ they said ‘no’."

"We formed a patrol and went to the place to ask them to leave; that they cannot stay in our place without coming to do what they are supposed to do customarily. And quietly they left."

"The following day they left; we didn’t fight, we didn’t do anything."

"So I believe that crisis needs management and the moment you do not know how to manage crisis, then it will erupt in uncertainties that one will not imagine," the monarch said.

Source: http://olumoonline.com/2016/05/14/igbos-own-some-of-the-cattles-reared-by-fulani-herdsmen-enugu-monarch/

1 Like

Re: Igbos Own Some Of The Cattles Reared By Fulani Herdsmen – Enugu monarch by Nuells: 1:11pm On May 14, 2016
This one has been paid to spew trash. Kudos FG

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Own Some Of The Cattles Reared By Fulani Herdsmen – Enugu monarch by Ebubeslym(m): 1:17pm On May 14, 2016
Lol...
Igbo Monarch Ko! Yoruba oba ni.
This man has gone mad.
How much dem pay you?
Werey.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Own Some Of The Cattles Reared By Fulani Herdsmen – Enugu monarch by ikp120(m): 1:18pm On May 14, 2016
Okay
Re: Igbos Own Some Of The Cattles Reared By Fulani Herdsmen – Enugu monarch by Nobody: 1:19pm On May 14, 2016
Shameless igwe.
How much were u paid to carry this propaganda for APC and buhari?
Re: Igbos Own Some Of The Cattles Reared By Fulani Herdsmen – Enugu monarch by KissCODE(m): 1:21pm On May 14, 2016
Thank GOD they left quietly and the ones in your community do not look for trouble. Am happy for that.

But anytime i hear these people are from Chad, Niger or even far away Sudan; I wonder what our security agents are doing.

I think it is time we tell IG of police to quit his job cos he has failed woefully. If forigners will come into this country and go as deep as Igboland from North without any arrest is shameful and it shows that anyday soldiers from Niger OR Caomeroun decide to invade us, we wont even know.

I doubt if any fulani herdsman works for any Igboman.
Re: Igbos Own Some Of The Cattles Reared By Fulani Herdsmen – Enugu monarch by Nsonso: 1:44pm On May 14, 2016
Who dash this one monarch.
Re: Igbos Own Some Of The Cattles Reared By Fulani Herdsmen – Enugu monarch by Tolexander: 1:50pm On May 14, 2016
This Igwe has spoken the truth many won't want to hear.

Some of these cattle in herdsmen custody are owned by southerners.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Own Some Of The Cattles Reared By Fulani Herdsmen – Enugu monarch by OlujobaSamuel: 2:05pm On May 14, 2016
am not saying you are lying sir, am just finding it hard to believe you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Own Some Of The Cattles Reared By Fulani Herdsmen – Enugu monarch by mu2sa2: 2:08pm On May 14, 2016
Although many people won't like to hear this , but the Igwe is speaking the truth. Most, if not all, of the cows you see in towns actually belong to big men and the fulani are only hired to look after them. I once saw a fulani man herding cattle in Gra and I stopped my car and asked him why he didn't set up camp outside the town like other fulani. He replied that the owner of the cows insisted that he wanted the animals to be driven back to his house at Gra after grazing them. So this fulani takes the cows out for grazing and returns them daily and gets paid. The owner of the cows may be igbo or ijaw.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Own Some Of The Cattles Reared By Fulani Herdsmen – Enugu monarch by Lordave: 2:41pm On May 14, 2016
What a disjointed piece of crap

So the herdsmen destroyed their blocks and started running? How did he know they were going to kill the herdsmen? And what has Igbo cattle owners got to do with murderous herdsmen? Is it the Igbo cattle owners that give orders to this herdsmen to brutally murder people in their sleep?

Don't we have Igbos working for Yorubas and Hausas, do their bosses order them to murder innocent and defenceless people?
This idiot is also trying to paint Ebonyians as murderous people.

Emmanuel Ugwu is a very stupíd kindergarten monarch, who made this nonentity Igwe in the first place?

Not forgetting the source of this news, Olumorockrepoters.ng abi wetin dem call am self.
Re: Igbos Own Some Of The Cattles Reared By Fulani Herdsmen – Enugu monarch by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 14, 2016
Stop insulting the man and counter his claim with an intelligent point. Show some respect.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Own Some Of The Cattles Reared By Fulani Herdsmen – Enugu monarch by Kingspin(m): 3:26pm On May 14, 2016
Stop talking nonsense we are after those people that are killing Nigerians, destroy farmlands and carrys weapons about.
Re: Igbos Own Some Of The Cattles Reared By Fulani Herdsmen – Enugu monarch by Gayigaskia(m): 3:34pm On May 14, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
am not saying you are lying sir, am just finding it hard to believe you.

hard to believe Igbos trying to capitalized on an industry? check your head jor
Re: Igbos Own Some Of The Cattles Reared By Fulani Herdsmen – Enugu monarch by Nusaf: 3:40pm On May 14, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Stop insulting the man and counter his claim with an intelligent point.
Show some respect.
Thank u.
Re: Igbos Own Some Of The Cattles Reared By Fulani Herdsmen – Enugu monarch by Nusaf: 3:51pm On May 14, 2016
Lordave:

So the herdsmen destroyed their blocks and started running? How did he know they were going to kill the herdsmen? And what has Igbo cattle owners got to do with murderous herdsmen? Is it the Igbo cattle owners that give orders to this herdsmen to brutally murder people in their sleep?

Don't we have Igbos working for Yorubas and Hausas, do their bosses order them to murder innocent and defenceless people?

Emmanuel Ugwu is a very stupíd kindergarten monarch, who made this nonentity Igwe in the first place?

Not forgetting the source of this news, Olumorockrepoters.ng abi wetin dem call am self.
He has said what he knows. If u like, go and kill any Fulani man and rustle the cattles he is rearing. This is how hatred will lead u into self-destruction and later put the blame elsewhere. MOST COWS IN IGBO LAND BELONG TO THE IGBOS AND FULANI REARERS WERE ONLY HIRED TO WORK FOR THE OWNERS. I once said this in a related thread and some people were asking for my head. Now, the Igwe has spoken. Gradually the truth shall come out.
Re: Igbos Own Some Of The Cattles Reared By Fulani Herdsmen – Enugu monarch by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 14, 2016
They should beat up this nonsense thing
Re: Igbos Own Some Of The Cattles Reared By Fulani Herdsmen – Enugu monarch by OlujobaSamuel: 3:53pm On May 14, 2016
Gayigaskia:

hard to believe Igbos trying to capitalized on an industry? check your head jor
hard to believe the picture he is trying to paint.
if you still don't get it, you need help.
Re: Igbos Own Some Of The Cattles Reared By Fulani Herdsmen – Enugu monarch by medpren: 3:59pm On May 14, 2016
The guy is fighting very hard to gain recognition as a first class monarch. Igbos here are the saboteurs that are ready to are sell you all to the fulani without batting an eyelid. The one that were talked about in the Biafra war book.
May what Emmanuel Ugwu knows, know him too as my grandfather will say.
Re: Igbos Own Some Of The Cattles Reared By Fulani Herdsmen – Enugu monarch by amaco12(m): 5:07pm On May 14, 2016
[quote author=Lordave post=45614984][b]What a disjointed piece of crap

Re: Igbos Own Some Of The Cattles Reared By Fulani Herdsmen – Enugu monarch by 9jii(m): 5:23pm On May 14, 2016
Lordave:

one thing is more certain than anything in this country than all,no person or a community will touch a herdsmen and will not pay no one.
Whether you know it o don't
even for saying nonsense online.
Re: Igbos Own Some Of The Cattles Reared By Fulani Herdsmen – Enugu monarch by amaco12(m): 5:27pm On May 14, 2016
Lordave:

Just look at the way you are insulting our Igwe no more respect for our leaders in Igbo land,that is why I love Yurobas they can never insult their Oba like this,same with northerns,lack of home training.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Own Some Of The Cattles Reared By Fulani Herdsmen – Enugu monarch by Onenaira1: 5:28pm On May 14, 2016
Nusaf:

He has said what he knows. If u like, go and kill any Fulani man and rustle the cattles he is rearing. This is how hatred will lead u into self-destruction and later put the blame elsewhere. MOST COWS IN IGBO LAND BELONG TO THE IGBOS AND FULANI REARERS WERE ONLY HIRED TO WORK FOR THE OWNERS. I once said this in a related thread and some people were asking for my head. Now, the Igwe has spoken. Gradually the truth shall come out.

Una seen am. Una see am. See Fulani's twisting stories they've told us. Weren't you people the lots who kept screaming that it is your cows feeding the rest of the country. That without y'all, theta no supply of meats. Now through cattle rearer business is put under scrutiny because of your murderous clan, una don change story. Now it's "big men" who owns the cows. Igbo men now owns the cows, It's no more fulani. The fulani are just doing the bidding of the "big men" of each state they attack....oh ya, tell us something

So first, it was Niger and Mali, then Libya, then the "big men" that cut across all ethnic groups and I even read the paid monarch call Shuwa Arabs too. Oya everyone line up, make we know who's on the list to be blamed

1 Like

Re: Igbos Own Some Of The Cattles Reared By Fulani Herdsmen – Enugu monarch by Onenaira1: 5:32pm On May 14, 2016
amaco12:
Just look at the way you are insulting our Igwe no more respect for our leaders in Igbo land,that is why I love Yurobas they can never insult their Oba like this,same with northerns,lack of home training.

When an Igwe has no respect for his people and instead sold his soul then he deserve no respect.

News flash: Igbo has no King. We practiced democracy since the beginning even the towns with Igwe. That is why I love being Ogbo...we not going to sugarcoat any fake respect especially when you don't deserve it. If you want fake respect while getting mulled and insulted behind your back, join yoruba. We won't miss you

1 Like

Re: Igbos Own Some Of The Cattles Reared By Fulani Herdsmen – Enugu monarch by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 14, 2016
Tolexander:
This Igwe has spoken the truth many won't want to hear.

Some of these cattle in herdsmen custody are owned by southerners.
igbos rear goats not cow.
Re: Igbos Own Some Of The Cattles Reared By Fulani Herdsmen – Enugu monarch by omenka(m): 5:57pm On May 14, 2016
The Igwe in an interview with New Telegraph, explains that most of accusation that Fulani herdsmen are behind several killings in the country are unfounded, as the real owners of cattles are rich men that cut across all ethnic
group in the country.
They cursed me no end when I bared my mind on the issue, now one of theirs has come out to validate my position.

Read: www.nairaland.com/3081856/nation-people-herdsmen-press

Modath are you seeing what I'm seeing??
Re: Igbos Own Some Of The Cattles Reared By Fulani Herdsmen – Enugu monarch by itstpia8: 5:57pm On May 14, 2016
Evidence though?
Re: Igbos Own Some Of The Cattles Reared By Fulani Herdsmen – Enugu monarch by aye9ice007(m): 6:01pm On May 14, 2016
I think the igwe is on point. I have seen an igbo man that has many cows being taking care by two fulani guys. He just said the truth which i knw will not go down well with some unfaithful igbos
Re: Igbos Own Some Of The Cattles Reared By Fulani Herdsmen – Enugu monarch by modath(f): 6:07pm On May 14, 2016
omenka:
They cursed me no end when I bared my mind on the issue, now one of theirs has come out to validate my position.

Mo are you seeing what I'm seeing??

I see ooo.... some of them have permanently parked in my mentions and issuing curses and abuses at their present and unborn generation...

Like I've always known, & will always reiterate, nothing can remain hidden for long! All will be revealed in due course......

How weekend!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Own Some Of The Cattles Reared By Fulani Herdsmen – Enugu monarch by CSTR6: 6:08pm On May 14, 2016
And how is that a new thing? How does that justify fulani rampage?
Take your cows and your masters out of igboland.
Re: Igbos Own Some Of The Cattles Reared By Fulani Herdsmen – Enugu monarch by Nobody: 6:09pm On May 14, 2016
before nko? Even i own a few head but i ranch
Re: Igbos Own Some Of The Cattles Reared By Fulani Herdsmen – Enugu monarch by CSTR6: 6:10pm On May 14, 2016
modath:

I see ooo.... some of them have permanently parked in my mentions and issuing curses and abuses at their present and unborn generation...

Like I've always known will always reiterate, nothing can remain hidden for long! All will be revealed in due course......

How weekend!!
Tell me how some igbos owning cattle, take away the fact that herdsmen are no longer welcome in igboland due to their obvious blood thirsty nature and chaos causing ability.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Whatsapp Features That Everyone Should Know About. / Ekweremadu Is A Disgrace To The Igbo Nation. / Shettima Blasts BBOG:U Never Visited Chibok,ur Protest Is Politically Motivated'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.