Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,026 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

FG: N6 Billion Oyo Ogbomosho Road Approved. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG: N6 Billion Oyo Ogbomosho Road Approved. (3970 Views)

Fashola Inspects Ongoing Construction Of Oyo-ogbomosho Expressway(photos) / Ajimobi Flags-off Reactivation Of Oyo-ogbomosho Road Project / How Tinubu Milks Lagos State Of N3-N6 Billion Monthly Through Alpha Beta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG: N6 Billion Oyo Ogbomosho Road Approved. by arresa: 2:58pm On May 14, 2016
2016 Budget: How I Got Oyo-Ogbomoso Expressway To Be Allocated N6Billion – Sen Monsurat Sunmonu

I am pleased to inform you that the Federal Government has approved the sum of N6Billion Naira for the rehabilitation and completion of the Oyo-Ogbomosho Expressway!

In line with my campaign promises, I did not relent in my efforts to ensure that this road was contained in the Budget recently signed into law by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Over the past few months, I have been updating you on my progress towards securing the completion of this road and I have issued a number of press releases on this issue. To recap my steps

[b]On August 2015, a motion was moved on the Senate floor directing the Senate to look into the status of dilapidated and uncompleted roads in Nigeria. I co-sponsored that motion and spoke during the Senate Plenary about the Oyo-Ogbomosho road. My speech on the Senate floor involved facts and figures on the number of people dieing on that road on a daily basis

On 19 September 2015, I met with the contractor (RCC) for the first time during my Constituency Tour and Town Hall meetings. I was given all of the relevant documents to pursue the Executive as to what was happening on the road

After receiving the documents from the contractor, I earnestly waited until the Federal Executive Council was inaugurated on 11th November 2015 and then I began to work on how I would get the road fixed

I cannot estimate how much money and time went into rushing between the Contractor, the Senate committee on Works, the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Works. I must have been to each Ministry about 4 or 5 times and spoken on the telephone for about 27 hours

Upon hearing that the budget was being prepared, on 2nd December 2015 I sent a letter to the Minister of Finance, reminding her of our discussions. I let it be known that Oyo-Ogbomosho must be included. She minuted my letter to the Minister for Power, Works and Housing;
To demonstrate how important this road is to me, I even attended the Budget defence of the Minister for Works to make sure that it scaled through

This is why it gives me great joy to tell you that the road was allocated N6Billion Naira for completion.

I was able to leverage on the relationships I had built with the Minister of Finance and the Minister for Power, Works and Housing while I was Speaker of Oyo State. Without these relationships, I wouldn’t have been able to get the job done. I was also able to leverage on the mandate that the good people of Oyo Central gave me at the elections.

I promised to get the road fixed during my campaign and I am well on the way to doing it. Now, I will use my legislative oversight functions to make sure that the contractor does the work to standard.

The Oyo-Ogbomosho road that was once a death-trap will not be a death-trap for much longer.

I used the same strategic approach as I did during the Owode-Sawmill road in Oyo towns, which I got fixed when I was Speaker of the Oyo State House of Assembly.[/b]

Oyo ma dara.

Yours,

Sen. Monsurat Sunmonu

Packaged by Olayinka Agboola

http://pmparrotng.com/2016-budget-how-i-got-oyo-ogbomoso-expressway-to-be-allocated-n6billion-sen-monsurat-sunmonu/

When you vote for good and competent people to represent you. Representation and #Change matters.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG: N6 Billion Oyo Ogbomosho Road Approved. by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 14, 2016
Great
Re: FG: N6 Billion Oyo Ogbomosho Road Approved. by happen2: 3:05pm On May 14, 2016
Good job Senator Monsura. It is high time we start to document every promises made during election by Politician and hold them accountable when elected.

6 Likes

Re: FG: N6 Billion Oyo Ogbomosho Road Approved. by rottennaija(m): 3:07pm On May 14, 2016
arresa:
2016 Budget: How I Got Oyo-Ogbomoso Expressway To Be Allocated N6Billion – Sen Monsurat Sunmonu

When you vote for good and competent people to represent you. Representation and #Change matters.

You try... We go remember this when you want run for governor
Re: FG: N6 Billion Oyo Ogbomosho Road Approved. by modath(f): 3:08pm On May 14, 2016

I was able to leverage on the relationships I had built with the Minister of Finance and the Minister for Power, Works and Housing while I was Speaker of Oyo State. Without these relationships, I wouldn’t have been able to get the job done.

I used the same strategic approach as I did during the Owode-Sawmill road in Oyo towns, which I got fixed when I was Speaker of the Oyo State House of Assembly.

Everywhere in life, positive inter personal relationship defines the level of progress anyone can make... building bridges is key!!! This is someone who knows exactly why she was sent to represent her people and knew not to be caught napping!!

Doubt if her constituency won't work earnestly to not only return her, they won't "allow" her house to catch Faya, not like Kabiru Gaya!! JK! smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG: N6 Billion Oyo Ogbomosho Road Approved. by richidinho(m): 3:10pm On May 14, 2016
i hope a minister from Oyo state will not come out to say he sneaked it into the budget
Re: FG: N6 Billion Oyo Ogbomosho Road Approved. by richidinho(m): 3:11pm On May 14, 2016
Re: FG: N6 Billion Oyo Ogbomosho Road Approved. by malton: 3:13pm On May 14, 2016
cool

Congratulation!
Re: FG: N6 Billion Oyo Ogbomosho Road Approved. by yomalex(m): 3:35pm On May 14, 2016
Great
Re: FG: N6 Billion Oyo Ogbomosho Road Approved. by arresa: 3:51pm On May 14, 2016
modath:

Everywhere in life, positive inter personal relationships defines the progress anyone can make... building bridges is key!!! This is someone who knows exactly why she was sent to represent her people and knew not to be caught napping!!

Doubt if her constituency won't work earnestly to not only return her, they won't allow her to catch Faya, not like Kabiru Gaya!! JK! smiley

In America when elected officials lobby for and scored FG projects on behalf of their constituents, they call it bringing home the Bacon.

It's just a shame how some people cry and complain about neglect or shout Merginilization when in fact it's the lazy and incompetent people they put in office to represent and look out for them not doing their job.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG: N6 Billion Oyo Ogbomosho Road Approved. by koladebrainiac(m): 3:52pm On May 14, 2016
If u want something done hire a woman

1 Like

Re: FG: N6 Billion Oyo Ogbomosho Road Approved. by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 14, 2016
Lagos-calabar

Lagos-ibadan expressway

Lagos-kano railway

Now Oyo-ogbomoso

Lagos is already an oil producing state

Olokola is in the books

Ondo just signed an agreement with the Fg on the production of bitumen

Oyo's agric initiative one of the best things to happen to the Nigerian agriculture sector in a long time

The SW tactically building it's region meanwhile some people are busy beating their hairy chests calling other people slaves, jumping around blaming yorubas for poo not coming out of their osu yansh(es).

Continue cheesy grin

Shuku bambiala will build your region for you

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG: N6 Billion Oyo Ogbomosho Road Approved. by modath(f): 4:35pm On May 14, 2016
arresa:

In America when elected officials lobby for and scored FG projects on behalf of their constituents, they call it bringing home the Bacon.

It's just a shame how some people cry and complain about neglect or shout Merginilization when in fact it's the lazy and incompetent people they put in office to represent and look out for them not doing their job.

Some know where they are destined, they have bigger dreams.... some don't mind spending 50yrs in the house receiving fat allowances and peeing all over their people.!!!

David Mark is as old as the senate doubt if he has any major project to his name.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG: N6 Billion Oyo Ogbomosho Road Approved. by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 14, 2016
this is really great news. I remember travelling through that horrible road to school then. It was really bad.

2 Likes

Re: FG: N6 Billion Oyo Ogbomosho Road Approved. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:10pm On May 14, 2016
What Hon. Mulikat Adeola Akande (PDP) couldn't do even as the Leader of the House.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG: N6 Billion Oyo Ogbomosho Road Approved. by omenka(m): 5:13pm On May 14, 2016
arresa:

4 Likes

Re: FG: N6 Billion Oyo Ogbomosho Road Approved. by DeWisedon(m): 5:15pm On May 14, 2016
fp tinz pls
Re: FG: N6 Billion Oyo Ogbomosho Road Approved. by modath(f): 5:17pm On May 14, 2016
Whathaveidone:
Lagos-calabar

Lagos-ibadan expressway

Lagos-kano railway

Now Oyo-ogbomoso

Olokola is in the books

Oyo's agric initiative one of the best things to happen to the Nigerian agriculture sector in a long time

The SW tactically building it's region meanwhile some people are busy beating their hairy chests calling other people slaves, jumping around blaming yorubas for poo not coming out of their osu yansh(es).

Continue cheesy grin Shuku bambiala will build your region for you

wink wink

Eeyan mi... oto ojo meeta, baawo ni ile nla loun?
Re: FG: N6 Billion Oyo Ogbomosho Road Approved. by Rayhutar(m): 5:19pm On May 14, 2016
Whathaveidone:
Lagos-calabar

Lagos-ibadan expressway

Lagos-kano railway

Now Oyo-ogbomoso

Olokola is in the books

The SE is really giving some people a nightmare and cerebral palsies
, they cannot say a word without mentioning them, no wonder they always dream about Igbo giant pursuing them in their dreams.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG: N6 Billion Oyo Ogbomosho Road Approved. by 989900: 5:25pm On May 14, 2016
Whathaveidone:
Lagos-calabar

Lagos-ibadan expressway

Lagos-kano railway

Now Oyo-ogbomoso

Olokola is in the books

cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: FG: N6 Billion Oyo Ogbomosho Road Approved. by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 14, 2016
modath:

wink wink

Eeyan mi... oto ojo meeta, baawo ni ile nla loun?

Sister mi. Mo duro dede bi yaya toure

We just talk say make we come follow una play for here smiley

E kuku ti da wa nu angry
Re: FG: N6 Billion Oyo Ogbomosho Road Approved. by princemillla(m): 5:37pm On May 14, 2016
Big up sis Monsurat
Re: FG: N6 Billion Oyo Ogbomosho Road Approved. by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 14, 2016
Whathaveidone:
Lagos-calabar

Lagos-ibadan expressway

Lagos-kano railway

Now Oyo-ogbomoso

Olokola is in the books

lol...@ shuku akuko bambiala

5 Likes

Re: FG: N6 Billion Oyo Ogbomosho Road Approved. by modath(f): 5:42pm On May 14, 2016
Whathaveidone:

Sister mi. Mo duro dede bi yaya toure

We just talk say make we come follow una play for here smiley

E kuku ti da wa nu angry

Ko ri be, mo n sa fun ka ma ni ikun si inu fun Ara wa ni, idi meji ni mo ni;

1. Mi o fe ma wa ni defensive mode lori oro ijoba ni gbogbo igba, mi o ki n se oselu, a ni option meji, awa kaaro ojiire a fowo mu iyi to ma se wa ni afaani, mi o feel pe mo ni lati ma se alaaye abi ki n ma gba abuku Nitori e, mo se yeeba ni iwon ba...

2. Alagbeka (mobile) ni mo ma n saaba lo, platform yen ma n fun mi ni awon challenges keekeke!!! Mo ma n so, ko si eni to ya si....

Mo ti yoju si Ile baayi... smiley smiley

3 Likes

Re: FG: N6 Billion Oyo Ogbomosho Road Approved. by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 14, 2016
Rayhutar:

, they cannot say a word without mentioning them, no wonder they always dream about Igbo giant pursuing them in their dreams.

Lol I never even mentioned Igbo,Biafra, or SE in my post abi shey you be osu ni cheesy

I-punk youth wants to quickly pull out the "they can't do without talking about me" card yet 95% of his posts are Yoruba related

This is why I hardly respond to you Fan-yogo boys

5 Likes

Re: FG: N6 Billion Oyo Ogbomosho Road Approved. by arresa: 5:48pm On May 14, 2016
Rayhutar:

See guilty conscience... grin

6 Likes

Re: FG: N6 Billion Oyo Ogbomosho Road Approved. by arresa: 5:50pm On May 14, 2016
Whathaveidone:

Lol I never even mentioned Igbo,Biafra, or SE in my post abi shey you be osu ni cheesy

I-punk youth wants to quickly pull out the "they can't do without talking about me" card yet 95% of his posts are Yoruba related

This is why I hardly respond to you Fan-yogo boys

Damn, this cracked me up majorly... grin

4 Likes

Re: FG: N6 Billion Oyo Ogbomosho Road Approved. by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 14, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
lol...@ shuku akuko bambiala

Hahaha. Na you sabi that one ooo cheesy grin
Re: FG: N6 Billion Oyo Ogbomosho Road Approved. by modath(f): 6:01pm On May 14, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
What Hon. Mulikat Adeola Akande (PDP) couldn't do even as the Leader of the House.

Anti Mulikat's assignment was to be speaker & enjoy the trappings that is attached to that office, every other thing? Na OYO for awon Ara Oyo (Pun intended) grin

@ Whathaveidone

Eff it!! You are a winkend sombori! Shuku bambiala!!! Nitori Oluwa ooo... cheesy grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG: N6 Billion Oyo Ogbomosho Road Approved. by olawalepopoola: 6:49pm On May 14, 2016
My Father is Ibadan, My Mother is Ogbomoso, so I am a fully Oyo. This woman is a fututre governor in Oyo state. That road was awarded some 30 years ago, it was abandoned and re-awarded in 1999 during Obj tenure. After Obj tenure it was abandoned by subsequent government. They only completed Ibadan-Oyo and Ogbomoso-Ilorin expressway, abandoning Oyo-Ogbomoso part. After completion, travelling from Ibadan to Ilorin will be like 45 minutes. If she can do it, APC is sure to win Oyo and Ogbomoso area. With Ibadan inclusive 2019 election is a foregone issue for APC
Re: FG: N6 Billion Oyo Ogbomosho Road Approved. by modath(f): 6:53pm On May 14, 2016
olawalepopoola:
My Father is Ibadan, My Mother is Ogbomoso, so I am a fully Oyo. This woman is a fututre governor in Oyo state. That road was awarded some 30 years ago, it was abandoned and re-awarded in 1999 during Obj tenure. After Obj tenure it was abandoned by subsequent government. They only completed Ibadan-Oyo and Ogbomoso-Ilorin expressway, abandoning Oyo-Ogbomoso part. After completion, travelling from Ibadan to Ilorin will be like 45 minutes. If she can do it, APC is sure to win Oyo and Ogbomoso area. With Ibadan inclusive 2019 election is a foregone issue for APC

Mynd44 , still sleeping off TGIF?? tongue

Lalasticlala, come and see our aunty that delivers!! Our achiever aunty!!

*in my immitation toddler voice* Tanchu smiley smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Between Atiku Campaign Manager And Buhari Campaign Manager On Channel Tv / Breakdown Of The APC Delegates Votes By States And Zones / APC Choice For Senate President Unveiled...( Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.