Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,763 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal (40630 Views)

Boyfriend Of Delta 15-Year-Old Girl Who Committed Suicide Over Heartbreak Reacts / Serial Rapist Arrested For Impregnating 17-yr-old Girl He Raped Inside A Market / Nairabet Agent Commits Suicide Over N600,000 Winning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by omegaurch1: 10:03pm On May 14, 2016
ijustdey:

'The victim was photographed and then rushed to the hospital'
Which one should have come first?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/17-yr-old-man-bauchi-commits-suicide-failed-marriage-proposal/

Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by Freksy(m): 10:05pm On May 14, 2016
Nothing shows police investigation was thorough. That a rope was found proves nothing!

I am smelling murder.
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by mikeweezy(m): 10:08pm On May 14, 2016
undecided is dead body should be arrested i know it most be from that part even without reading it .........

please some one should ask him if the price of fuel is dsame @ there
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by menxer: 10:10pm On May 14, 2016
tosinjay:

Sorry what's your point? If you're a Christian you'll understand that historical issue of Abraham not able to marry from abominable tribe hence he had to marry his sister at the time. Are you saying the bible permits it now?

No, my Dictionary permits it.

That was the practice from the beginning of civilization, even before Egypt.

As a prince in Egypt, you can't lay claim to the throne except your mother was a sister, half sister or cousin to the Pharaoh (your father).

That was why Ishmael was denied inheritance because his mother was not a half sister or cousin to his father (Abraham).

BTW, if other tribes were abominable, what happened to other families of his (Abraham) tribe with no close blood ties?
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by jesuspikinjp(m): 10:17pm On May 14, 2016
why did the post says 17 years old man...why referring to a 17years old boy as a man ?
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by Gkemz: 10:17pm On May 14, 2016
What I'm trying to understand is how could someone propose to his cousin. I'm not against if the girl child is still a minor as their religion if it like can permit them even to marry a new born baby. But proposing to ur cousin sister is a taboo.
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by Vomm: 10:18pm On May 14, 2016
Go and check ur map!!
Do u know the meaning of "common"?
I doubt!
When a group uf people sees nothing wrong with marrying an underaged girls who is still way too young to take decisions of her own, what do you call that?
No be rape be that?

Illiteracy seems to be the cause of una problem, GEJ wanted to help u people, he built almajiri schools for una just to make sure say una dey reason like civilsed poeple but una say NO.
Wetin go make a marriage to 12 years old girl look normal if no be MADNESS?

But don't shy away from the truth cos raping and impregnating and underaged is common to that. Region
kumakunta:

The madness of raping and impregnating ones daughter is common to two regions of this country.

Please help me with the name.

2 Likes

Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by tosinjay(m): 10:22pm On May 14, 2016
menxer:

No, my Dictionary permits it.

That was the practice from the beginning of civilization, even before Egypt.

As a prince in Egypt, you can't lay claim to the throne except your mother was a sister, half sister or cousin to the Pharaoh (your father).

That was why Ishmael was denied inheritance because his mother was not a half sister or cousin to his father (Abraham).
Ok, you said it. Your own dictionary but not God's. And where did you get the story about Ishmael from, no mumu wey you fit cook story give and im go chop am na, it's an abomination to marry your own sister, kilode? Ma wah ooo, so like you dey now you dey eye your mama sister pikin oo, if another story like the above occur again we know you already sounded it. You're talking about Egypt, well i don't know whatever your belief is but Egypt has nothing to do with Biblical morals. Except for the seed of Abraham all other nations in that time were abominable to God as they all served idols.
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by danbugaje: 10:33pm On May 14, 2016
Sirjohn84:
This is one of the reason the BIBLE B SAY FEAR NORTH..
17yrs old....your cousin.....
maybe we go blame Jonathan...
tosinjay:

Ok, you said it. Your own dictionary but not God's. And where did you get the story about Ishmael from, no mumu wey you fit cook story give and im go chop am na, it's an abomination to marry your own sister, kilode? Ma wah ooo, so like you dey now you dey eye your mama sister pikin oo, if another story like the above occur again we know you already sounded it. You're talking about Egypt, well i don't know whatever your belief is but Egypt has nothing to do with Biblical morals. Except for the seed of Abraham all other nations in that time were abominable to God as they all served idols.
[quote author=lomprico post=45626122]When I saw dia ages I knew its people from that region. Smh! [/quote

all of U posting rubish here is if U r not product of Baby factory!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by Abrakhan: 10:37pm On May 14, 2016
ArchNature:
only in 9ja....tufia
Go back to school.
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by menxer: 10:41pm On May 14, 2016
tosinjay:

Irrespective of your belief, you can't wish away the fact that Abraham married his father's daughter.

That is from the Bible.

And if Abraham, possessor of heaven and earth, did it, then it was a noble thing to do.

@ bolded, If God blessed Abraham exceedingly for marrying his father's daughter, what then are you saying?

1 Like

Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by tosinjay(m): 10:44pm On May 14, 2016
[quote author=danbugaje post=45627301][/quote]
It's easy to tell ignorance, check my posts amd see where i talk about even the most Reverend pastor in Nigeria. None of them is with exception with God. One word the Bible say that settles this is, by their fruit ye shall kmow them. Not everyone claiming pastor is genuine abeg don't be ignorant of what you attack.
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by ipledge5: 10:50pm On May 14, 2016
Beamborla:
Lolz... The boy been don they practice how to die tey tey and finally, he did it!

long time undecided
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by banme1(m): 11:13pm On May 14, 2016
Most of them up north reason like wild men of the woods.

1 Like

Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by tosinjay(m): 11:14pm On May 14, 2016
menxer:

Irrespective of your belief, you can't wish away the fact that Abraham married his father's daughter.

That is from the Bible.

And if Abraham, possessor of heaven and earth, did it, then it was a noble thing to do.

@ bolded, If God blessed Abraham exceedingly for marrying his father's daughter, what then are you saying?

Am saying something very simple and blunt, you're ignorant of the bible. Would you just pick things from the bible and not apply adequate wisdom, haba? Forget it abeg I've already answered you before. Are you a Christian?
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by falconxxx(m): 11:36pm On May 14, 2016
The boy must have some other reasons to die for,but chose to die for this for someone to post this and me to comment haha that's the cycle
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by okonta12: 11:38pm On May 14, 2016
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by Realfiness(m): 11:53pm On May 14, 2016
You won't see those fellas that comes out to insult Christianity or Jesus coming to comment in this kind of issue now. sometimes I wonder if na charm Mohammed use deceive all of them.
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by free37: 11:54pm On May 14, 2016
Hmm.....
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by AreaFada2: 11:55pm On May 14, 2016
First of all RIP dude.

But at 17, should he not be in some kind of school or learning a trade to prepare him for the future role as a dad & hubby? shocked

Why should child marriage be seen as normal in the 21st century, to the point of dying for it? Or is it just a one-off thing?

1 Like

Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by Realfiness(m): 11:58pm On May 14, 2016
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by AreaFada2: 12:01am On May 15, 2016
First of all RIP dude.

But at 17, should he not be in some kind of school or learning a trade to prepare him for the future role as a dad & hubby? shocked

Why should child marriage be seen as normal in the 21st century, to the point of dying for it? Or is it just a one-off thing?

As for cousin marriage, many cultures practice it. Although I find it bad for gene pool scientifically.

Even Queen Elizabeth II of England & Prince Philip are cousins.

In Pakistan & Bangladesh, first cousins marrying is normal. Even my Togolese friend said some parts of Togo practice same.
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by Realfiness(m): 12:04am On May 15, 2016
menxer:

That is from the Bible.

Oga don't claim you knw bible when you clearly don't, those practices were later abolished. Go and read Bible very well
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by menxer: 12:40am On May 15, 2016
Realfiness:

Oga don't claim you knw bible when you clearly don't, those practices were later abolished. Go and read Bible very well

Ok, later abolished by who?
can you reference the portion, pls.

there is no point throwing tantrums, i am ready to learn from you.
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by addicted268(f): 12:40am On May 15, 2016
I find it rather weird that someone who killed himself is referred to as a victim considering that he is d perpetrator too.

RIP boy.

2 Likes

Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by hringbraut: 12:45am On May 15, 2016
Weird!
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by menxer: 12:52am On May 15, 2016
tosinjay:

Am saying something very simple and blunt, you're ignorant of the bible. Would you just pick things from the bible and not apply adequate wisdom, haba? Forget it abeg I've already answered you before. Are you a Christian?

hahahahhahahaha

you are the one that failed to apply wisdom in your argument.

Abraham lived how many thousands of years ago, do you think they reasoned the way we do today?

BTW Abraham was not a "Christian," so his religious belief and practices would definitely differ from ours.

Yes, i am a "Christian," depending on your definition.
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by Nerphieuo12: 1:02am On May 15, 2016
The guy self need beating ......That's rubbish
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by sikirat2020: 1:14am On May 15, 2016
AM ASHAMED TO STILL BE IN THE SAME COUNTRY WITH FELLOWS LIKE THIS, WITH THIS TYPE OF UPBRINGING AND BELIEF. THIS TYPE OF MIND.

1 Like

Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by Nobody: 2:41am On May 15, 2016
hhhhm
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by Kollyk11(m): 3:29am On May 15, 2016
thank God nigeria has lost another foolish idiot.I can see nigeria getting with this kind of news.de-moralized hopeless slowpoke
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by holyfather(m): 4:20am On May 15, 2016
menxer:
Na wa for the boy sef, at that age?

Certain cultural Practices are archaic no doubt, but to all those trying to "regionalize" the marrying of ones cousins, step- and half siblings, know that it was a Biblical practice.

Hahahahahaha

I wish I can see the expression on the faces of some Christians.

In-cest was an "honoured" thing, for Abraham the great patriarch was a practitioner.

Be silly for a good reason, if you have to.
Abraham married her as a pagan, before he met God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

LASTMA To Discipline Female Officer Who Punched A Passenger In Viral Video / Fulani Herdsmen Block Asaba-benin Expressway In Delta / Book Seller In CRUTECH Found Dead In Front Of His Shop [Photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.