Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,560 members, 7,812,817 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal (40631 Views)

Boyfriend Of Delta 15-Year-Old Girl Who Committed Suicide Over Heartbreak Reacts / Serial Rapist Arrested For Impregnating 17-yr-old Girl He Raped Inside A Market / Nairabet Agent Commits Suicide Over N600,000 Winning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by sanitelag(m): 5:54am On May 15, 2016
ayyah!

Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by FreeBoss: 6:07am On May 15, 2016
height of ignorance and inexposure for the poor boy. he cannot see or imagine what the future holds for him
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by menxer: 6:07am On May 15, 2016
holyfather:

Be silly for a good reason, if you have to.
Abraham married her as a pagan, before he met God.

That shows how knowledgeable you are as a Christian of Bible history. so the descents of Noah were pagans?
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by kumakunta: 6:27am On May 15, 2016
Vomm:
Go and check ur map!!
Do u know the meaning of "common"?
I doubt!
When a group uf people sees nothing wrong with marrying an underaged girls who is still way too young to take decisions of her own, what do you call that?
No be rape be that?

Illiteracy seems to be the cause of una problem, GEJ wanted to help u people, he built almajiri schools for una just to make sure say una dey reason like civilsed poeple but una say NO.
Wetin go make a marriage to 12 years old girl look normal if no be MADNESS?

But don't shy away from the truth cos raping and impregnating and underaged is common to that. Region
Mofo, go look for a way to end incest, rape, baby factory and teenage prostitution in the south before condemning others.
You carry another man matter for head while you drag yours along.
Stop being stupid, am not a northerner.

1 Like

Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by JaaizTech: 6:27am On May 15, 2016
Fickie:
You call a 17 year old boy a man, are you people insane?

They are not insane,they are deliberately trying to create a certain impression.

1 Like

Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by kaziblake(f): 6:40am On May 15, 2016
sikirat2020:
AM ASHAMED TO STILL BE IN THE SAME COUNTRY WITH FELLOWS LIKE THIS, WITH THIS TYPE OF UPBRINGING AND BELIEF. THIS TYPE OF MIND.
Are you better than them?
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by JaaizTech: 6:41am On May 15, 2016
Gkemz:
What I'm trying to understand is how could someone propose to his cousin. I'm not against if the girl child is still a minor as their religion if it like can permit them even to marry a new born baby. But proposing to ur cousin sister is a taboo.

It is a taboo in Yoruba culture and many other cultures but not all cultures in the world see it as a taboo. Our cultural practices are not the same everywhere.

Queen Elizabeth II married her 3rd cousin and that would even still be a taboo in Yoruba land.Albert Einstein also married his first cousin
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by oc2fish: 6:48am On May 15, 2016
JaaizTech:

It is a taboo in Yoruba culture and many other cultures but not all cultures in the world see it as a taboo. Our cultural practices are not the same everywhere.

If we go into any length to Avoid inbreeding in animal because of genetic depression. Why encourage humans to practice same.
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by tosinjay(m): 6:49am On May 15, 2016
menxer:

hahahahhahahaha

you are the one that failed to apply wisdom in your argument.

Abraham lived how many thousands of years ago, do you think they reasoned the way we do today?

BTW Abraham was not a "Christian," so his religious belief and practices would definitely differ from ours.

Yes, i am a "Christian," depending on your definition.
Who's talking about Abraham being a Christian? And you claim to be one, wow. I see why we have so many doing and practicing all sorts that other sects then start grouping them with Christian. Abraham was father of faith, he believed in God and acted on what was needed at the time. One word i have for you seek the true God and get his enlightenment, please stop the mention. Am done saying all these that makes me feel awful. How can we be even having talk of such, am tempted to say are you even a human at all let alone claiming to be a Christian? Repent of such perversed mindset.
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by JaaizTech: 6:58am On May 15, 2016
oc2fish:

If we go into any length to Avoid inbreeding in animal because of genetic depression. Why encourage humans to practice same.

That is a scientific theory that is yet to be corroborated with facts especially in humans. In many Arab countries people marry their cousins and I am not aware of any particular prevalence of a genetic disorder in that region as a result of this. However, it will be proper to discourage cousin marriage if it is proven to have an effect on the health of the offspring, but my point was different cultures have different practices and we shouldn't judge other cultures using ours as the yardstick. What is alien to one culture may not be alien others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by hardcorevin(m): 7:09am On May 15, 2016
ijustdey:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/17-yr-old-man-bauchi-commits-suicide-failed-marriage-proposal/

it happens only one place in Nigeria,Make i no call name to avoid ban
if i call NO,u put ORTH.na u sabi....
But come ooooooo,me die for a babe...Can never happen,even if i caught her sleeping with a Dog.
No hoe can ever be royal
Rip to the man,though he might miss the girl and still get rewarded with 72 virign..him own good shaaaaaa...Virgin ni??..dem sweet die cos every were go tight finish like sardin container!!!!!!
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by hardcorevin(m): 7:10am On May 15, 2016
Wealthgang:

grin Hope they sell enough KY Gel up there grin

it happens only one place in Nigeria,Make i no call name to avoid ban
if i call NO,u put ORTH.na u sabi....
But come ooooooo,me die for a babe...Can never happen,even if i caught her sleeping with a Dog.
No hoe can ever be royal
Rip to the man,though he might miss the girl and still get rewarded with 72 virign..him own good shaaaaaa...Virgin ni??..dem sweet die cos every were go tight finish like sardin container!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by menxer: 7:21am On May 15, 2016
tosinjay:

Who's talking about Abraham being a Christian? And you claim to be one, wow. I see why we have so many doing and practicing all sorts that other sects then start grouping them with Christian. Abraham was father of faith, he believed in God and acted on what was needed at the time. One word i have for you seek the true God and get his enlightenment, please stop the mention. Am done saying all these that makes me feel awful. How can we be even having talk of such, am tempted to say are you even a human at all let alone claiming to be a Christian? Repent of such perversed mindset.

That you "feel awful" talking about the ancient bible practices of the father of faith, hints at feeble mindedness burying its head in the sands of religiosity out of fear of what such talk portends to held Christian doctrines of today.

Freedom from mental slavery is the hardest to achieve because having an inquisitive mindset may at times seem perverse.
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by pressplay411(m): 7:34am On May 15, 2016
dre11:

can't understand what all these mallams see in a 12year old underage girls that will propose marriage to her......

Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by Donsamie(m): 7:39am On May 15, 2016
[quote author=Beamborla post=45625427]Lolz... The boy been don they practice how to die tey tey and finally, he did it!

we are biafrans as u can see
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by tosinjay(m): 7:54am On May 15, 2016
menxer:

That you "feel awful" talking about the ancient bible practices of the father of faith, hints at feeble mindedness burying its head in the sands of religiosity out of fear of what such talk portends to held Christian doctrines of today.

Freedom from mental slavery is the hardest to achieve because having an inquisitive mindset may at times seem perverse.
If you believe you're good in whatever thing in life that's fine but not the interpretation of the bible. There are certain things that are not worth talking about, you're of the alien kind of Christian, who thinks way out the box. Go understand godliness and Christianity before portraying perversed views to others that aren't Christians.
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by Dagoes(m): 7:56am On May 15, 2016
dre11:

can't understand what all these mallams see in a 12year old underage girls that will propose marriage to her......
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by Firstlieutenant(m): 8:21am On May 15, 2016
Report says he hails from Ganja ward. That speaks volume of his sanity.
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by Edwinmason(m): 8:30am On May 15, 2016
dtruthis:
no b lunatic na ganja u no c d name of d place ganja in abbreviation
ganjaweed in full name grin
haha that is the effect of smoking ganja....
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by menxer: 9:06am On May 15, 2016
tosinjay:

If you believe you're good in whatever thing in life that's fine but not the interpretation of the bible. There are certain things that are not worth talking about, you're of the alien kind of Christian, who thinks way out the box. Go understand godliness and Christianity before portraying perversed views to others that aren't Christians.

@ bolded, what do you mean?
Is there anyone that has monopoly of Bible interpretation?

That you are afraid to talk about certain things does not mean everyone else should not.

Yes, I rather think out of the box than be confined to the box by fear of looking at the bible history or what else is out there.

How can you understand godliness or Christianity in isolation of bible historical facts?
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by 2LESS(m): 9:30am On May 15, 2016
He is from GANJA ward.
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by Wroxxane: 10:34am On May 15, 2016
Fickie:
You call a 17 year old boy a man, are you people insane?
Maybe they meant a 67 year old grin

1 Like

Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by Kingkamal(m): 10:42am On May 15, 2016
Hails from Ganja Lol the guy took real ganja
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by Jackdasilver(m): 10:51am On May 15, 2016
Am almost 25yrs, still thinking hard about the future. And a boy of 17 is thinking hard about a girl, to the extend of taking his own precious life. Chai aye ti baje.
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by tosinjay(m): 11:48am On May 15, 2016
menxer:

@ bolded, what do you mean?
Is there anyone that has monopoly of Bible interpretation?

That you are afraid to talk about certain things does not mean everyone else should not.

Yes, I rather think out of the box than be confined to the box by fear of looking at the bible history or what else is out there.

How can you understand godliness or Christianity in isolation of bible historical facts?

Oga you can tell i hate the discussion already. Who's afraid of historical facts? Well if you need me to explain things to you ask rather than expect me to tell you of my own will. I hate to have you seen as a Christian as you aren't one but a pagan.
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by menxer: 12:18pm On May 15, 2016
tosinjay:

Oga you can tell i hate the discussion already. Who's afraid of historical facts? Well if you need me to explain things to you ask rather than expect me to tell you of my own will. I hate to have you seen as a Christian as you aren't one but a pagan.

Resorting to name calling doesn't change the facts of the discourse.

I have asked questions which you have not answered, how else do you want me to ask?

Fear is our greatest enemy, especially of the unknown outside the box.

The Truth needs nothing to lean on, nor does it force its acceptance.
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by Kazrem(m): 12:54pm On May 15, 2016
Effects of all these yeye Indian season films.
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by madjune(m): 1:11pm On May 15, 2016
Who do we blame now?

Gej or Buhari?
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by tosinjay(m): 1:23pm On May 15, 2016
menxer:

Resorting to name calling doesn't change the facts of the discourse.

I have asked questions which you have not answered, how else do you want me to ask?

Fear is our greatest enemy, especially of the unknown outside the box.

The Truth needs nothing to lean on, nor does it force its acceptance.

I've not called you any name that differs from what you portray bro, you've asked question and I've answered but you keep saying same thing so it's clear you lack knowing about Judaism narrowed down to Christianity, we don't practice abomination.
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by menxer: 4:16pm On May 15, 2016
tosinjay:

I've not called you any name that differs from what you portray bro, you've asked question and I've answered but you keep saying same thing so it's clear you lack knowing about Judaism narrowed down to Christianity, we don't practice abomination.

Hahahahahahaha

SMH...
Re: 17-yr-old Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage Proposal by Beamborla(f): 5:30pm On May 15, 2016
ipledge5:
long time undecided
Hi, hon
Been a while. What's up?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Block Asaba-benin Expressway In Delta / Book Seller In CRUTECH Found Dead In Front Of His Shop [Photo] / Final Year Poly Nekede Student Shot Dead By Phone Snatchers(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.