Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,872 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Be A Unifier Not A Divider, Dialogue With SS&SE- Sheik Gumi Advises Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Be A Unifier Not A Divider, Dialogue With SS&SE- Sheik Gumi Advises Buhari (1881 Views)

Restructuring: Implement Confab Report Now - Jonathan Advises Buhari / Igbos In PDP Have Betrayed Yorubas Yet Again, Dinning With SS And North. / Treat Nigerians Equally To Ensure Unity, US Ambassador Advises Buhari. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be A Unifier Not A Divider, Dialogue With SS&SE- Sheik Gumi Advises Buhari by LordVarys: 4:44pm On May 15, 2016
Last Wednesday, the Federal Government announced an increase in the pump price of fuel. What do you think the hike portends for the people?

The price increase of fuel is a natural domino effect of the economic policies of the present administration. The economic style of the government right from its inception, truly speaking, has been on the wrong footing. We know that there were a lot of financial wrongdoings in the previous government.

Yet, you cannot totally condemn their policies. Nothing is 100 per cent bad, and nothing is 100 percent good. As a medical doctor, I can tell you that even the best drug has side effects. And sometimes, poison can be used for treatment.

Bee sting can be used in curing rheumatism. So, in trying to paint a terrible picture of the previous administration, this government is trying to undo every policy of the former government, instead of just correcting what was wrong.

The prophet warned Muslims to be careful of liking or loving something too much because one day it will be your enemy. And if you have an enemy, don’t hate him so vehemently because one day he may be your best friend. What I mean is that the policies that you criticise, you may one day end up doing the same thing.

President Muhammadu Buhari criticised the removal of subsidy when he was in the opposition; now he has just done that. We have been telling them to be careful right from the word go, otherwise, the government will be engulfed in crises and contradictions. Increasing fuel prices is inevitable but what I want the government to look at are the factors that lead to the pressure to increase the prices.

First, the government imports fuel for domestic use. Second, the foreign exchange to finance this importation is dwindling. Even though the refineries are working, the supply of crude oil is being disrupted because the militants are blowing up pipelines. Why are they doing so? Because they feel alienated, that they are not part of the government. So, you can see the domino effect that I have earlier mentioned.

[b]Are you in any way advocating that the Federal Government should negotiate with the militants?

The government should have formed a Government of National Unity right from the beginning. For example, tell the South-East to bring whoever they trust to represent them in the government. The South-West brought Prof. Yemi Osinbajo as running mate; he was not the choice of Buhari.

The same way that you did with South-West do with the South- South and South-East. This is what I mean by Government of National Unity because if the militants believe that they are represented well in the government, they will allow the oil to flow.

If the crude oil flows, our refineries will work. The President needs to listen; he can’t afford to be adamant anymore. He should listen to knowledgeable individuals and not sycophants who supported him. Nigeria is for everybody. It is not for any single political party or the President.

If I understand your analysis, are you opposed to the orders given by the President to the military to deal with the militants who blow up pipelines?

How can they deal with the militants in the first place, when they are holding the nation’s umbilical cord? You are fighting Boko Haram in the North, and you want to fight the militants in the creeks. You don’t fight on two fronts at the same time. That was one of the reasons why Adolf Hitler failed in the Second World War. The government should sit down with them and ask them the reasons for their agitation.

Don’t forget; they were embittered that their man Goodluck Jonathan was defeated. Their argument now is, ‘if you hate our man, then leave our oil.’ No section of the country has the solution of Nigeria’s problem.

So, everybody should be brought on board. Even if the South-South brings Government Tompolo as their man, we should accept him, so long as they trust him; so that we will have stability.

A military solution is not the best option in this circumstance. Former President Umaru Yar’adua could swallow his pride as president and negotiate with the militants. Jonathan also did it. But a military man cannot do it because it will hurt his ego. But if he doesn’t do it, he will kill the nation.[/b]

The Fulani herdsman has been associated with so many evils in recent times, ranging from cattle rustling, kidnapping, and armed robberies. As a Fulani man, what will you say is responsible for the recent transformation of the herdsman?

It is really unfortunate. I remember, during the Jonathan administration, a soldier came to me. He said that there was an ongoing military operation which was wiping out Fulani communities around Birnin Gwari in Kaduna State. He said that more than 10 communities had been wiped out by the soldiers. I was so agitated that I called a Fulani lieutenant. I also confronted very influential people in government, telling them of the plot to wipe out Fulanis.

The Fulani lieutenant told me that all the kidnappings and the cattle rustling that were being carried out in that community were done by Fulanis. But the Qur’an tells us that when ‘’Fitna’’ (trouble) comes, it will not affect only those who commit the sin or atrocity.

It is unacceptable for the Fulani communities in the bush, to allow their brothers to go out and commit all these crimes and keep quite. Even those that do not engage in them will one day become victims of the reactions of these atrocities. I am calling on the Fulani associations like Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association to sensitise their members on an almost one-on-one basis.

The association should tell them to stop killing and kidnapping people and rustling the cattle of fellow Fulanis. There is no need denying it.

Fulanis are involved in armed robbery and all these crimes that I have mentioned. But the question is, why did the Fulanis start engaging in these crimes? But what do you expect of a population that has been left in the bush without education or social amenities and without government’s assistance of any kind? The so-called Nomadic Education is just on paper. Even religious organisations do not go to preach to them. So, what do you expect from this kind of population?

It has been a time bomb all the while. The government and Miyetti Allah should intervene so that the crisis will not escalate like Boko Haram.

An FM Radio station should be dedicated specifically to addressing the Fulanis because they listen to radio. They should also be given incentives. That is the only way to avert the disaster. But to deny that these atrocities are not being committed by Fulanis is the wrong way to approach the issue. My brother was kidnapped some few months back. When we secured his release, he told us that the kidnappers were asking him to beg Allah for them so that they will be reformed.

Now, they have discovered that kidnapping is a gold mine. Before they used to rustle cattle, and it was so difficult to sell the cows. So, they resorted to the easier crime of kidnapping. Truly, the Fulanis are involved, and it is very unfortunate.

The All Progressives Congress-led Federal Government will be one year in office in about two weeks from now. What is your assessment of President Muhammadu Buhari in office, a man whom you had earlier opposed?

Actually, I was not opposing a particular person. What I feared was a scary scenario. I wasn’t opposing Buhari or Jonathan. I never hated them at all. If anything, I pity them because much as they wanted to correct things, they couldn’t.

What the Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau, is doing is evil but he believed in what he is doing, and he has given his life to it. Out of all these leaders, nobody is ready to give his life like him but what he is doing is wrong, and he is evil.

So, it is not enough to sacrifice, but you have to do the right thing. So, there must be pragmatism in governance. Interests and alliances should be based on pragmatism. So, I’m not opposed to any politician at all, but I’m concerned about how Nigeria can get out of this problem. I’m very passionate about that. I have children, and I don’t want them to be messed up by someone’s vision of how to run Nigeria, which I know will not work.
http://saharareporters.com/2016/05/15/sheikh-gumi-why-buhari-won’t-dare-biggest-thieves

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Be A Unifier Not A Divider, Dialogue With SS&SE- Sheik Gumi Advises Buhari by amtaken(f): 4:47pm On May 15, 2016
Zombies will soon brand him an IPOB member.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Be A Unifier Not A Divider, Dialogue With SS&SE- Sheik Gumi Advises Buhari by LordVarys: 4:56pm On May 15, 2016
Cc lalasticlala, obinoscopy
Re: Be A Unifier Not A Divider, Dialogue With SS&SE- Sheik Gumi Advises Buhari by Reminez(m): 5:01pm On May 15, 2016
Re: Be A Unifier Not A Divider, Dialogue With SS&SE- Sheik Gumi Advises Buhari by medpren: 5:03pm On May 15, 2016
Sheik Gumi is IPOB, send him to Kuje.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be A Unifier Not A Divider, Dialogue With SS&SE- Sheik Gumi Advises Buhari by iamblisz(m): 5:04pm On May 15, 2016
Wow, i can't believe a Fulani man said this shocked

I thought all of them are the same

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be A Unifier Not A Divider, Dialogue With SS&SE- Sheik Gumi Advises Buhari by Rose2014: 5:06pm On May 15, 2016
iamblisz:
Wow, i can't believe a Fulani man said this shocked

I thought all of them are the same

They can see their brother is goofing big time

It's Only my sophisticated brothers still defending him to save face cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be A Unifier Not A Divider, Dialogue With SS&SE- Sheik Gumi Advises Buhari by incomintop: 5:06pm On May 15, 2016
Gumi the only northerner that have sense

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be A Unifier Not A Divider, Dialogue With SS&SE- Sheik Gumi Advises Buhari by incomintop: 5:10pm On May 15, 2016
This man really make sense here

president and negotiate with the militants. Jonathan also did it. But a military man cannot do it because it will hurt his ego. But if he doesn’t do it, he will kill the nation

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be A Unifier Not A Divider, Dialogue With SS&SE- Sheik Gumi Advises Buhari by Gerarahere: 5:13pm On May 15, 2016
he shall finish what he started
Re: Be A Unifier Not A Divider, Dialogue With SS&SE- Sheik Gumi Advises Buhari by DaBullIT(m): 5:16pm On May 15, 2016
No Amnesty scam again

since they think Violence is the language Nigeria understands

FG should speak with them with Violence too

Thunder fire Devil
Re: Be A Unifier Not A Divider, Dialogue With SS&SE- Sheik Gumi Advises Buhari by IgboDelta: 5:29pm On May 15, 2016
I thought the clueless, shameless and m0ron ethnic bigot tyrant we have as president said the barbaric Fulani herdsmen militia are from Lybia? Nonsense Apc government.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be A Unifier Not A Divider, Dialogue With SS&SE- Sheik Gumi Advises Buhari by freeze001(f): 5:30pm On May 15, 2016
Na idiots wey no dey ground dey open mouth dey support Buhari nonsense wey I no just understand. Just sit wherever they are, form an uninformed opinion and start spewing crap on this and other threads yet the oil they can't bear to let it go or be controlled by the natural owners.

I hope Buhari and his fellow foolish northern governors see this interview that a fellow fulani man has granted stating baldly that it is the fulanis that perpetrate these crimes and not some mythical, phantom Libyans or strangers. Useless supporters on this forum should read and update their knowledge as well.

That is how he said he didn't know d meaning or existence of padding until January this year. I wonder then how he planned to fight this corruption without knowing its components. Does he not know that the most important aspect of warfare is to know and understand an opponent before attempting to engage same so as not to be caught off guard? See how the stupidity of the budget fiasco which he signed off on confirms his emptiness!

If he and his zombie followers refuse to know the perpetrators of havoc in Benue, Enugu, Delta Plateau and other states, the SE and SS already know and identify them as fulani herdsmen who will be dealt with accordingly!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be A Unifier Not A Divider, Dialogue With SS&SE- Sheik Gumi Advises Buhari by LadyExcellency: 5:34pm On May 15, 2016
incomintop:
Gumi the only northerner that have sense

Don't be deceived, Sheik Gumi is dangerously crafty and a renowned bigot.

The difference between him and Buhari is level of education. While he can forecast, use history to his advantage to avoid repeating a mistake and understands public opinion, Buhari don't and can't.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Be A Unifier Not A Divider, Dialogue With SS&SE- Sheik Gumi Advises Buhari by ramdris(m): 5:36pm On May 15, 2016
This Gumi always make sense anytime he talks, he is never afraid to say it d way to is or should be. May Allah swt continue to keep him safe..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Be A Unifier Not A Divider, Dialogue With SS&SE- Sheik Gumi Advises Buhari by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 15, 2016
The man just said the solution to Nigerias problem, but we would decend on him from all angles very soon... buhari is plagued with problem and division because of his nepolictic approach in appointments, the masses from that divided section are prone to swallow all sorts from the opposition because they don't even feel included in the countries decision making from the beginning...

Pdp has not said a word or made a move, but half of Nigeria seems to be fighting for them..

The president's problem would be half solved if he would adhere...

I wont scream head heels and throw all sorts at the govt knowing fully well we have a representative in that same decision taken which might be (eg) to jail all corrupt former leaders

But when we are divided, it seems he is calling them corrupt because they are not part of it.

Well.. my two cents

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Be A Unifier Not A Divider, Dialogue With SS&SE- Sheik Gumi Advises Buhari by BeardedMeat(m): 5:58pm On May 15, 2016
ZUBY77 has been vindicated. There are still vestiges of honest people among fulanis. Though Gunmi is a hypocrite, at least we can accomodate him for his nuisance value.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be A Unifier Not A Divider, Dialogue With SS&SE- Sheik Gumi Advises Buhari by TrueHeart365(m): 6:28pm On May 15, 2016
some zombies will still claim the id1otic Fulani bastard is still performing surgery on Nigeria.

surgery of sufferings and neglect.

i just feel like these zombies should be treated just like the holocaust because there's no cure for their sai baba madness

1 Like

Re: Be A Unifier Not A Divider, Dialogue With SS&SE- Sheik Gumi Advises Buhari by Adminisher: 6:33pm On May 15, 2016
Sheik Gumi, Jonathan's money is still running your brain
Re: Be A Unifier Not A Divider, Dialogue With SS&SE- Sheik Gumi Advises Buhari by EasternLeopard: 6:41pm On May 15, 2016
Yorubas won't like this

5 Likes

Re: Be A Unifier Not A Divider, Dialogue With SS&SE- Sheik Gumi Advises Buhari by Osezzua(m): 6:53pm On May 15, 2016
cool article

1 Like

Re: Be A Unifier Not A Divider, Dialogue With SS&SE- Sheik Gumi Advises Buhari by Hengineer: 7:06pm On May 15, 2016
Wise words, very wise words I must confess! If only we could have one or more respected leaders come out and speak the truth like this, we may be able to ease some national tension.

1 Like

Re: Be A Unifier Not A Divider, Dialogue With SS&SE- Sheik Gumi Advises Buhari by Firefire(m): 7:10pm On May 15, 2016
Very good.

1 Like

Re: Be A Unifier Not A Divider, Dialogue With SS&SE- Sheik Gumi Advises Buhari by Almajiri1: 7:12pm On May 15, 2016
Where is Efcc and Dss to arrest gumi for corrupting the youths and give him Socrates treatment.

1 Like

Re: Be A Unifier Not A Divider, Dialogue With SS&SE- Sheik Gumi Advises Buhari by Stalwert: 7:13pm On May 15, 2016
Sheik got it wrong, every component part of the country is represented in the cabinet so no state nor region is excluded from governace. Secondly dialogue with militants criminals is only promoting criminality in the country. the dialogue has never made the lives of the ND any more better than it use to be because it doesn't address the root problems face by the majority of SS people. PMB owes the people development not some stewpid silly militants who are cursed thieves and only want to line their pockets.
Re: Be A Unifier Not A Divider, Dialogue With SS&SE- Sheik Gumi Advises Buhari by mcino: 7:14pm On May 15, 2016
OK na
Re: Be A Unifier Not A Divider, Dialogue With SS&SE- Sheik Gumi Advises Buhari by ElCount: 7:16pm On May 15, 2016
Summary: buhari is making his own govt ungovernable, imagine the opposition pdp have not even done or said up to quarter of what the apc said during their opposition days and yet things are already bad for the daura lord, walahi that man no need opposition

Zombies where art thou come and attack this man, he is an ipad yoot northern branch. The daura lord needs defending

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Be A Unifier Not A Divider, Dialogue With SS&SE- Sheik Gumi Advises Buhari by coolitempa(f): 7:19pm On May 15, 2016
This sheik should keep to his religious duties and stop interfering in matters that are beyond his knowledge. We will not negotiate with criminals who seek to hold us ransom for their selfish gains in order to protect fugitives of the Tompolo ilk.
Re: Be A Unifier Not A Divider, Dialogue With SS&SE- Sheik Gumi Advises Buhari by wxyz1: 7:38pm On May 15, 2016
Buhari is just a disaster Asap
Re: Be A Unifier Not A Divider, Dialogue With SS&SE- Sheik Gumi Advises Buhari by wxyz1: 7:40pm On May 15, 2016
coolitempa:
This sheik should keep to his religious duties and stop interfering in matters that are beyond his knowledge. We will not negotiate with criminals who seek to hold us ransom for their selfish gains in order to protect fugitives of the Tompolo ilk.
For weeks now tell me wish part of the country have light. dont negotiate the whole nation would soon be grounded.

1 Like

Re: Be A Unifier Not A Divider, Dialogue With SS&SE- Sheik Gumi Advises Buhari by ndcide(m): 7:47pm On May 15, 2016

So, in trying to paint a terrible picture of the previous administration, this government is trying to undo every policy of the former government, instead of just correcting what was wrong

FACT

I’m very passionate about that. I have children, and I don’t want them to be messed up by someone’s vision of how to run Nigeria, which I know will not work.

INSTRUCTIVE

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

22 States That Owe Pensioners In Nigeria And Number Of Months / FG Budjets N94.5million Bullet Proof Tyres For Buhari / Breaking!! Governor Impregnates A Youth Corper & This Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.