Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,889 members, 7,817,614 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" (20349 Views)

District 9 Video? / Time Magazine's Depiction Of Nollywood / District 9 Is An Insult To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by soloqy: 1:10pm On Aug 26, 2009
igbo boy:

Sology go back to the village, Anuofa di ka gi

The scripture says that a fool answers a matter before he hears it.

*Edit*

I just realised from the profile that this is a teenager looking to be heard.

Ok, igbo boy, you can still be heard/read by making contributions without first spewing out insult like your friend omofola.

Just learn the right things the right way.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by Utaroz(m): 1:21pm On Aug 26, 2009
Much ado about a movie, grin grin grin
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by jackdaniel(m): 1:24pm On Aug 26, 2009
 My quetsion was in regard to "virgin mentality yet queen of D&C", perhaps you should go in depth

and why would anyone put their daughter out in public like that. Daughter ko. Omo ni  

@ThiefOfHearts=>  The virgin mentality, hmmmm; i will seek to plagiarize Fela's words, "suffering and smiling grin"  and i beg to add, "Constant

denial of facts". So i will define it thus:" constant denial of facts(self inflicted delusion) grin and "suffering and smiling" grin ".   Oh 9nger, my beloved

Country with sick mentalities,  grin
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by omofola(f): 1:29pm On Aug 26, 2009
Reads through, shakes head at the sheer banality of her post and moves on with hands in pocket.
[quote][/quote]

@ sology

Much Better! Have a Safe journey.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by theviper1: 2:09pm On Aug 26, 2009
honestly i havent seen the movie,bt frm every indication,i really dont want to see the crap.pple who have not been to south africa has no idea what a wicked and a racial pple they are.the women are so fat.the men are so lazy and jealous and blood thirsty.if it rains in sa,the nigerians caused it.if u cant screw ur wife well,the nigerians caused it,if u cant take care of ur family,it is because the nigerians came to sa with their fraud and drug money.beat the south african on any sporting event,they will blame the weather.i lived in sa and i have 1st hand info what the pple are capable of.there was this police chief in sa round about 99-2000 whose idea of police work is to blame Nigerians on everything (i think it was jack selebi),mercifully,his superiors saw through his shallowness and gave him the boot. at the 7th all african games in sa in 99,nigerian women hauled all the golds in weightlifting and bingo! they were all taken in by the sa authorities for gender testing.today,they are crying foul cos their boy is being suspected.bloody hypocrites.a culture that supports armed robberies,child-rapes,ritual killings and state sponsored xenophobia has nothing to tell nigeria.if they are talking about boko haram in the nigerian north,then i will remind them of PAGAD in cape town.i know the land and the country,bt unfortunately i had to leave cos the violence was too much for me.what of the bmw stealing "ama gents",what of those who kills for mobile hand sets on the streets of hillbrow and u call them "heitas or itas" as the nijas call them.if white pple leave south africa today,i swear on my fathers grave that somalia will be a heaven compared to sa. so rsa,try and give me a break cos i know the land.by the way who in his right frame of mind really wants to watch boring cricket and violent rugby.and i know that sa is not the worlds #1 cricketing nation. the preoteas is a serious joke with match fixing.so,do me a favour and go eat shit.dont forget that ur country bis AIDS -ravaged and am sure that u are one of them.south africa that has no culture will want to talk against nija.what with the gay culture that is being glamorized there.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by pixiechic(f): 4:11pm On Aug 26, 2009
from wiki, "Wikus then attempts to purchase alien weaponry from a local Nigerian gang, led by paralyzed warlord Obesandjo (Eugene Khumbanyiwa). Obesandjo orders his men to seize Wikus, seeking to gain his ability to operate the alien weapons by eating his arm, but Wikus ultimately manages to escape with some of the alien weapons.",
hmmm *OBESANDJO*, NOW WHERE HAVE I HEARD THAT BEFORE shocked shocked shocked wink
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 26, 2009
^lol. They should have spelt it correctly naw. . .they should have also written it in full, ie Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo.
But on a serious note, I do not like or support this type of rubbish from the South Africans. Like The viper said, they, themselves have their own numerous, disgusting problems which they should be thinking of solving instead of painting other people (with lies) bad, and I doubt that without those white people in their country, their country would be half as good as it is now.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by Borat1: 5:51pm On Aug 26, 2009
Stop shitting on urselves and move on!!!
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by tbaba83(m): 7:03pm On Aug 26, 2009
Why all the fuss over a movie. Afterall, other nationalities have been potrayed as worse. See it for what it is; A fictious act of entertainment. Geez!!!
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by ekoair(m): 7:37pm On Aug 26, 2009
nollywood please make district 10 where south africans are retards and all nigerians are millionaires
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by fayahsoul: 9:27pm On Aug 26, 2009
Overstand that both nigeria and southafrica are modern day sodom and gomorah and the most high uses the wicked to destroy the wicked.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by fayahsoul: 9:40pm On Aug 26, 2009
posted by thief-of-fart

I like how fayafaggot immediately ASSUMES that the so called nigerians depicted must be Yoruba

If memory serves me right, we're not the ones known for feasting on human meat. Oloshi

Why are females with perms always daft. The relaxer definitely fries both hair and brain.

How your bird brain arrived at that conclusion totally beats my imagination

Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:54pm On Aug 26, 2009
shouldnt you been looking for children to munch on.

Retarded nitwit
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by theviper1: 10:06pm On Aug 26, 2009
mr rsa,may i have ur attention plz! south africa have nothing to tell nigerians. on the political front,ur president zuma is a crook and a corrupt man.he won not cos mbeki was meddling in his trials,but cos the powers that be are afraid of mbeki.he was fully involved in the corruption and self-enrichment or armscorp. on the sports level (am only going to give on example on each,cos they are too numerous),makhyana ntini is a child rapist who was set free by a corrupt court cos he paid. on the music front,the people`s poet or the people`s bank robber aka nzuake mbuli is rotting in jail for armed bank robbery. and he goes "it aint me".bt nigga it was u alright.cctvs are not known for lying,unless they do so in sa.the former home affairs minister mr mongosutu butulezi was being criticized by an opponent on sabc for poor perfomance and that idiot shouldered his double-barelled gun and went to shoot the man on a live tv show.we nigerians gave a lot to liberate the south africans and today what do they do? they hate us and want to kills us all while worshipping and sucking the balls of the white people that humiliated and killed them.south africa is the most ungrateful nation on the whole planet earth. sa police are one of the most corrupt in the world.(i stand to be challenged ). let them go and fight their demons for nigerians are not blaming them for their woes.mo`fuckers.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by theviper1: 10:09pm On Aug 26, 2009
@thiefof hart and @fayahsoul, here we go again.this issue was about the south africans making mockry of our nation and u pple have gone tribal.plz,i dont have the stomach for that yoruba and igbo bullshit.desist guys.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:24pm On Aug 26, 2009
the viper:

@thiefof hart and @fayahsoul, here we go again.this issue was about the south africans making mockry of our nation and u pple have gone tribal.plz,i dont have the stomach for that yoruba and igbo bullshit.desist guys.

abeg Im merely responding abi?
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by fayahsoul: 10:51pm On Aug 26, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

abeg Im merely responding abi?

ThiefofHearts Thief-Of-Farts

Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by MrCrackles(m): 10:54pm On Aug 26, 2009
fayahsoul:

ThiefofHearts Thief-Of-Farts
angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by igboboy1(m): 11:38pm On Aug 26, 2009
sology shut up again ,

OK I agree am a kid but ama take your grown ass down anytime fool,

Lack of exposure is worrying you, From your past comments I can tell that you were not privileged to have enjoyed Nigeria's diversity hence your mopic ethnocentric views, Oh well thats what happens when you are raised in the village and then you think the whole world is like you,
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by Zulus: 11:58pm On Aug 26, 2009
You Nigerians want to compare yourselves to South Africans, that you are better than SA? You must be sick in the head, South Africa is an advance country so far as Africa is concern. nigeria is nothing, you fools are just lucky you have some oil. You'll be eating each other like you were doing a few years back.

The director of the movie did his homework in portraying Nigerians as Carnibals, if you don't agree read this. This is just a few years back.

http://www.heretical.com/cannibal/nigeria.html
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:08am On Aug 27, 2009
Lol you think if the whites didnt keep you savages in cages, that SA would be an "advanced country"

slowpoke.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by Zulus: 12:14am On Aug 27, 2009
Good, they kept us in cages and we are now an advance country. What about you? I know Nigeria, you people for the most part live like animals.
Did you read the prove that you people are canibals? shocked

Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:16am On Aug 27, 2009
No I rather read where you Aids infested monkeys go around raping babies.

Look at this shameless twit. If not for the whites, you people would be nothing.

Now that they let you out of your cages, they are now running for their lives so you wont infect them with your virus. Then very soon SA will go back to the garbage it was before whites got there then once again you'll run to us for help

alailojuti
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by Nobody: 12:23am On Aug 27, 2009
Na wa oooo.
This is pathetic.
I'm embarrassed for some of you.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by Zulus: 12:27am On Aug 27, 2009
Run to whom for help? You Nigerians and your arrogance and big mouths. You are so loud one would think you'll have something to show for and yet nothing. You are one of the most stupidest  Africans who inhabited the continent. There are many African countries that will do wonders with the resources you idiots have but not you Nigerians. Now you are all over SA with your dubious ways, we shall send you all parking.

You come up with low class video movies and you want to compare the crapy movies you make in Nigeria and Ghana to those made in SA.

You people are just plain loud mouths, uncouth and uncivilized who should not be encouraged in any country, too much trouble.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by fayahsoul: 12:38am On Aug 27, 2009
@ zulu, RSA, solowareva etc
Cannibalism is not a crime, says Nqakula 
    Boyd Webb
    June 21 2006 at 12:30PM 

Getting its teeth stuck into the heart of our crime problem, the DA has quizzed Safety and Security Minister Charles Nqakula on cannibalism.

DA MP Ryno King, in a written question to parliament, asked how many people had been arrested for cannibalism in the last 12 years.

King asked if any of those detained had been sent for mental evaluation.

Careful not to jump from the frying pan into the fire after his recent call for crime-whingers to take a hike abroad, Nqakula said cannibalism was not a crime under SA law.

Nqakula said cannibalism was not a crime under SA law
"The information required, if any exists, would therefore not have been captured on the SA Police Service's crime information system," he said. His spokesman, Trevor Bloem, was quick to point out that although there was no such crime as cannibalism in South Africa, there were other laws that prevented people from eating each other.

He said while it was difficult to eat somebody without killing them, in which case they would be charged with murder, it was also a crime to mutilate a corpse or be in possession of human tissue.

"And depending on the circumstances, a person could be charged for desecrating a grave."

However, the DA, sensing blood, refused to be thrown off the trail.

Fellow MP Juanita Terblanche asked Nqakula how many people had been arrested and convicted for hunting and murdering witches in South Africa.

the DA, sensing blood, refused to be thrown of the trail
But determined not to fall under her whip's spell, Nqakula side-stepped the question, stating that the information was not immediately available.

Such information could only be produced after a lengthy process via the Systems Management component, the minister said.

Nqakula had earlier expressed irritation with "vexatious questions" from the opposition

In SA cannibalism is not even a crime so shut your pile hole you cannibalistic aids infested child rapist.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by fayahsoul: 12:45am On Aug 27, 2009
CANNIBALS LIVE(R) IT UP IN SOUTH AFRICA

Posted By: LaBelle
Date: Tuesday, 14-Nov-2006 21:45:36 From a faithful reader:
LaBelle

Cannibals Live(r) It Up in South Africa

Ripley's believe it or not: This is the kind of thing that is ever so regularly dished up ( see links below ) by members of the ruling South African majority. It has been going on since early times and is continuing in this day and age. The savages ( in civil clothing, mind you ) still cut out people's hearts, genitals or other body parts ( preferably when the victim is still alive and kicking to give the "medicine" - called muti - that extra kick ). Usually they prefer young children or people of other races for their cannibalistic rituals. They ascribe many powers to the muti so taken. The words strong, brave, healthy and even invisible immediately spring to mind. With crime stats ever on the rise, incidences of cannibalism is probably following narrow suit. Just imagine the havoc such "powerful", "invisible" men can wreak on a nation already held at ransom by crime,

'I ate my grandfather's liver'
14/11/2006 12:16 - (SA)

Nkosana ka Makaula

White River - A man has confessed to killing his grandfather and eating his liver.

Wonder Thulane Nyundu, 24, of Mahushu near Hazyview in Mpumalanga was not asked to plead to charges of murder when he appeared in the KaBokweni magistrate's court near White River on Monday.

But he admitted to the murder, telling the police that his grandfather, Ndubaze Nyundu, 63, had told him to kill him because he had grown too old.

He said his grandfather urged him to eat his liver afterwards in order to be "strong and brave".

According to the charge sheet, Nyundu slept in the same room as his grandfather.

Nyundu has been in custody since then and will appear in court again on December 19 when a date will be set for him to be tried in the high court

Crack calling heroine white!
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by Zulus: 12:49am On Aug 27, 2009
fayahsoul

What?

Missing the point idiot, we are not talking about isolated situations where some deranged fellow decides to have somebody's head for lunch.
Here a whole soceity thrives on eating human fresh. If you want more links let me know.

"district 9" rocks. It rightly put Nigerians where they belong, as uncivilized, confrontational,aggressive and canibals.  shocked
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:45am On Aug 27, 2009
Zulus:

You are one of the most stupidest  Africans who inhabited the continent. There are many African countries that will do wonders with the resources you idiots have but not you Nigerians. Now you are all over SA with your dubious ways, we shall send you all parking.

Na wa for English

Zulu, why are you on a Nigerian board?

My bad,  the white SAs dont you guys speak on your own. Pele
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by manny4life(m): 1:52am On Aug 27, 2009
I thought I never interrupted in this discussion, but this is taking another path and I want to put my own opinion. First off, @ Zulus, Nigerians are not cannibals and while District 9 rocks for you, that is your opinion, and should only limit your opinion within yourself.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by Zulus: 1:54am On Aug 27, 2009
I'm here because of your loud,arrogant mouths, I want to shut it, whiles we send you packing from SA. Scums.
Re: Depiction Of Nigerians In "District 9" by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:55am On Aug 27, 2009
LoL.

Maybe if you bothered to put more effort in speaking ENGLISH, SA wouldnt hire Nigerians over you numbskulls. Pele

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Uriel Wants Ilebaye To Win BBNaija All Stars Grand Prize / Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? / My First Time In A Cinema

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.