Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Coping With Businesses That Involves Selling On Credit. Advice Needed - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Coping With Businesses That Involves Selling On Credit. Advice Needed (11455 Views)

3 Online Businesses That Makes You Profit From The First Month / 3 Online Businesses That Can Make You 1 Million In 6 Months / Dangote: Even If FG Wants To Sell NLNG On Credit, I Am Not Interested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Coping With Businesses That Involves Selling On Credit. Advice Needed by tochman(m): 10:54pm On May 18, 2016
ikenna44:
OP...I hope u find this helpful and timely as well...

U can't do business without selling on credit...especially fmcgS

My advice is:

Always collect a certain percentage at the point of sale. Eg: if u give a customer goods worth 100k, be sure to collect @ least 50k cash.

You have to have a fixed date as to when you will be coming for your balance.

You have to have d disposition of a no-nonsense person to be successful in business these days.

You still want to transact business with them and you don't want them to kill ur business with credit...so u need 2 work on ur interpersonal skills. Know when to chill and when to be blunt.

If possible mark ur own stock...if u go 2 collect and they start sayin "market is dull"...check to see if they still have ur stock...if they still do; u might have to give them sometime...

Ur interpersonal skills will be put to d test...so bring ur A-Game!

Cheers!

Thanks bro. I will definitely have your advice in mind
Re: Coping With Businesses That Involves Selling On Credit. Advice Needed by edoman2016: 4:08am On Jul 29, 2017
How many credit days do an fmcg distributor give an wholesaler in the open market? Is three days too short for wholesaler to pay up for goods (fruit juice) supplied to them in the market?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Long Does It Take To Deliver Items On Aliexpress? / BABZ LOUNGE In Yola Gutted By Fire (Photos) / CBN New Forex Policy Fails To Excite Foreign Investors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.