Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Aftermath Of Friday The 13th Riot In Futminna, All Remedial Students Sent Home - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Aftermath Of Friday The 13th Riot In Futminna, All Remedial Students Sent Home (546 Views)

Two Nigerian Students Sent To Study Abroad Welcome A New Baby. Photos / UNTH Enugu Nursing Students Sent Out Of Hostel For Protesting (Photos) / Female Students Sent By Jonathan To Philippines (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Aftermath Of Friday The 13th Riot In Futminna, All Remedial Students Sent Home by chidiezeh(m): 8:25pm On May 16, 2016
What started out as a peaceful protest by the male students of Futminna ended up sour. From a peaceful protest to a bitter riot.

It all started over 3months back when the generator supplying light to the male hostel and it’s surrounding classes got spoilt. Promises where made to fixing the spoilt parts of the gen all to no avail. Students cries and plea to the school authority to fix it fell on deaf hears so to say. This made life hard and miserable for the occupants of the male hostel in bosso campus and it even affected everything within it surroundings from water and use of light, and every student in the bosso campus too, *classes where chocked up has there were just limited class to read and it went on all through the test and exam period of the school and stuffs that had to do with light to were affected also. In between then and Friday the 13th the hostel male student staged a peaceful protest which was addressed by the student of dean affairs and he promised that everything will be fixed in no time

Fast Forward to Friday The 13th, 7pm exactly there was TOTAL BLACK OUT in the bosso campus of Futminna.

I got a call from a student who informed me of the peaceful protest going on in campus, I rushed down to witness for myself firsthand. The school authorities where caught off guard but according to students the authorities were aware of a rumored protest been planned and had called the school sug president to ask if he was aware also, but he stated he wasn’t. And most of the school securities were not found in their stations to curtail the protest and stop the student.

From the peaceful protest, things turned sour so quickly. The female hostel generator was invaded and shut down, every photocopy stand operating at that period were told to shut down. The school was put on Total Blackout, including all lamps, torch light and even cell phones. *My phone was almost smashed by the angry protesters who threatened me to shut down my phone.

From there on it was total rampage by the angry students…

Fast forward now to the Monday after The 13th and all remedial students have been ordered to go on an enforced break till further notice

According to reports the VC had a closed door meeting with some higher authorities and they came to a conclusion that all remedial student should be sent home till further notice, stating that there are rumours of another planned riot and they need to be able to curtail the real students of the school.

The news came as a shock to most remedial student as they were given a deadline of 5pm to evacuate the hostels *male and female. According to a female remedial student I spoke to, she said they were been blamed for the riot and the females where been made to pay for what they never got involved in.

More Updates to follow…

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Go About This (experts In The House) / We Are Recruiting Undergraduate And Part-time Students / Auchi Poly 2016/2017 Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.