Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,459 members, 7,836,815 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Would Gej (goodluck Ebele Jonathan) Do Better? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would Gej (goodluck Ebele Jonathan) Do Better? (551 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Should Consult Ebele, Ojukwu's Daughter Over Biafra - Yakubu Gowon / The Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Bypass, Calabar: How Nigeria Is Strangling Her Own / Would GEJ Have Stopped This Recession? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would Gej (goodluck Ebele Jonathan) Do Better? by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 16, 2016
Assessing how much PMB is being vigorously criticized and battered by comments from all angles at the moment would you say GEJ would do a better job if he is in the same sit?

I'm fanatically of the opinion that PMB is doing all he can at the moment and I support my submission with these points and questions....

1. GEJ and his administration did not make plans for the future. There was money in circulation YES but how long would it have lasted? They would have sunk the nation in debt or worse. And then where we are now and what we are going through now would have been delayed but inevitable!
2. How much was crude oil sold for at GEJs tenure? Can it be Compared?
3. PMB is highly concerned about our international image and reclaiming our pride back!
4. You say PMB is slow? Well, SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE!
5. NEWS FLASH... HE'LL BE THERE TILL 2019 (GOD SPARING HIS LIFE)

These are my skeletal opinions... What's yours?

1 Like

Re: Would Gej (goodluck Ebele Jonathan) Do Better? by mayorkyzo: 10:55pm On May 16, 2016
Young man go and sleep...you don manage buy fuel come here come type rubbish...

4 Likes

Re: Would Gej (goodluck Ebele Jonathan) Do Better? by Nobody: 11:05pm On May 16, 2016
Do you care for mosquito net? I can give you one...

If you are actually literate enough you will see the emphasis of 'my opinion'... If you got nothing to say, drop your phone so you can use both of your hands to kill the mosquitoes sucking juice out of you sir.

QUIT WAILING IF YOU GOT NOTHING TO SAY SIR

mayorkyzo:
Young man go and sleep...you don manage buy fuel come here come type rubbish...
Re: Would Gej (goodluck Ebele Jonathan) Do Better? by eshietIntrepid(m): 11:21pm On May 16, 2016
Gej laid a lot of foundation from eletricity to road contruction, education (even for the north less privilages) transportation, agriculture to name but a few.
The economic was on a rise. Or were u not in nigeria during this period.

Can u now compare the prize of goods in the market now to the time of gej? From matches, noodles, razor, pure water, even tomatoes is no longer affordable.

Gej meant good for us but some of our powerful men never wanted him to remain in power for 10years.

1 Like

Re: Would Gej (goodluck Ebele Jonathan) Do Better? by DaBullIT(m): 5:04am On May 17, 2016
When you dollarize every politician , give them free access to steal , some people will forever remain loyal to you as is wit the case of Jonathan today , Crude sold at 170 at it's highest , Millions of barrels were being sold everyday , every week, every month every year for 5+ years, Tell me how he helped Nigeria, How many students were able to attend his almajiri schools when boko haram was having field day ?

Was water and electricity provided ? How many new roads did he build ? comparing the projects he claims to have completed with the profit the nation made , and comparing those projects on book with the ones actually on ground , what will you say ?

1 Like

Re: Would Gej (goodluck Ebele Jonathan) Do Better? by Amitex(m): 6:57am On May 17, 2016
Op, you write with a passion that is misplaced. First, are you aware that this year is a census year? Buhari has no plans for it. Another first since independence. If GEJ was there by now the whole world would be hearing your curses that he does not want to conduct census.

You lot keep accusing GEJ of not saving but you are blind to the fact that Amaechi, Fashola, Fayemi, Oshomole and other APC governors went to as far as Supreme court to stop the Sovereign Wealth Fund. The savings there as at 2010 was shared courtesy of your masters now ministers in APC.

GEJ conducted two general elections, procured all new electronic devices for improved voting system including card readers. For the first time in Nigeria, people were issued with electronic data cards for voting. What improvement have we made since he left office? None, rather we have inconclusiveness.

All the arms and ammunition soldiers have been using to fight Boko Haram since Buhari took over were procured by Jonathan or have soldiers been fighting with bows and arrows? Have you asked Buhari how much he has paid for arms since taking office?

All the refineries started working for the first time in more than 30 years. Did you ask how much Buhari invested in TAM for those refineries? OK, it is Buhari body language! Where was the body language when he was PTF chairman? It is in record that we began massive fuel importation during that time! Oh, you missed that!

Electricity generation peaked at about 5000MW before GEJ handed over. What is it today? Have you checked to see why we now have near zero MW? What additional value has this government added to electricity generation?

Before GEJ, privatisation of PHCN was no go area. OBJ could not muster the courage to venture into it. Do you know how much was involved in ensuring full privatisation of that sector? Do you know the challenges that were involved? Thought Buhari promised to reverse it to bureaucratic PHCN era.

Oil production have fallen to a record low in the last 25 years. Was it GEJ that made it impossible for a sitting president to manage simple crisis in that sector? OK, GEJ created NDA. Have you heard of any patient cutting of his life support and still survive?

Dollar scarcity and pressure on the Naira was also caused by GEJ? When Buhari closed all banks and shut down all avenues to receive dollars what were you expecting? You do not eat your cake and have it! When you isolate yourself, people will isolate you. That singular act shot the exchange rate to over N400. You and I know that in Nigeria, what goes up hardly come down. GEJ caused that also!

GEJ delayed appointment of Ministers thereby creating economic uncertainty for six months, GEJ delayed budgets, padded the budget, and created fuel scarcity. It was GEJ that armed the Fulani herdsmen, created tribal hatred as seen today. GEJ also has made APC to forget their promises of ELDORALDO.

What about the gains recorded in agriculture? Thought Buhari recommended Adesina to ADB for job well done. Where are on the job well done now? Food scarcity. We have suddenly moved from surplus good to food scarcity in less than a year. Caused by GEJ.

Like I said earlier your passion is misplaced. Thank God Saharareporters.com have provided you the ministers' phone numbers. Call Amaechi, Fashola, Fayemi, etc and ask them their role in sharing excess crude savings and stop blaming Jonathan.

Finally, my friend PDP inherited about $80 Billion foreign debt. About a qtr of annual budget was earmarked for debt servicing, not repayment. Price of oil was $9 per barrel, and external reserve was $3Billion. In contrast Buhari and APC inherited debt of $8 Billions (mere 10% of what PDP got). Oil price of $50 (7 times what PDP got) and external reserve of $30 Billion plus $5billion from NLNG and $3Billion in SWF, making $38Billion (13 times what PDP got). My friend, tell your APC masters to go to work. The Bible says "he who puts his hands on the plow and looks back is not worthy of his calling" Face forward and provide governance and stop looking onto Jonathan. He has played his part, do yours!

Perhaps you thought governance na beans! grin

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Welcome To The REAL NIGERIA / Enugu Hausa Leader Vows To End Herdsmen, Farmers’ Persistent Conflict / Is This Real PMB Achievements In 365days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.