Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,061 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans (42053 Views)

9mobile New Latest List Of Data Plans Subscription Codes & Prices 2017 / My Experience In The Hands Of MTN Nigeria Whatsapp Care [see Pictures] / How To Opt Out Of MTN Subscriptions That Are Stealing Your Credit Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by donhils: 8:42am On May 17, 2016
gfunkstyl:
I knew it's all marketing gymics they are a deceptive telecom outfit, they are trying hard to make nigerians pay for the fine they had to pay federal government. They are not sincere.
Stale. sad
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by islandmoon: 8:43am On May 17, 2016
OP! they will sure tell you jargon when you keep calling their customer service, to retrieve your stolen data back, go to their office, log the complain, note that when logging in the complain, accuse the very person attending to you of stealing your data with his computer, demand an explanation, he will try to claim it wasnt him or her, bla bla bla, insist it was him that use the computer in his front to take from your data, tell him so far you have no access to the MTN engineer that stole your data, you will hold him responsible, at least we all know computer can not operate itself, obviously there is someone doing that, in my own case, I told him, I live in this town, and this is your office, so you are the one who stole my money in the night using this computer, then I hijacked his phone, everybody in the office jumped up and i was attended to sharply , my money was refunded , lots of drama though, they thought i was a lunatic, cos i keep saying, if not you, show me the person, at least this is your office!!! they never see such before, since then, they no longer tamper with my money or data.
I'm not stupid, you can not hide behind the computer to steal my money, impossible.

5 Likes

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by donhils: 8:44am On May 17, 2016
ALAYORMII:

How do you cope with airtel data sapping?

Subbed for 1.5k for 3gig, it didn't last two weeks.

My phone was calculating 1.8gig, Airtel was telling Mii my sub has finished.

Had to switch to MTN
Smart move you've made.
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by rozayx5(m): 8:44am On May 17, 2016
Optimisticgondy:
Bleep MTN. I did the #1,000 for 1.5gb on Saturday, and since Sunday, I've only been able to use the data between 9pm and 6am; what nonsense. I'll never subscribe for their data plan again unless this problem is resolved as I have called their customer line more than 10 times

had same issue. was sorted out last week

i subscribed 3.5 g yesterday will be watching undecided

1 Like

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Nobody: 8:46am On May 17, 2016
Laveda:
That was huge sad.

Haven't encountered such tho so I wouldn't really know.

But I'm sure their customer care wouldn't give you any good feedback grin
They've always been like that. undecided they'll start saying jargons..

I'm sorry about that ehn sad
I subscribe bbm plan,since then network has become terrible,I cannot play you tube even if I used 3G which is very strong in minna here,it expired yesterday,this morning I decide to try airtel bbm plan for a day subs of hundred naira,youtube work like magic,I will never have anything to do with them again,they are trying hard to used the customers to get their money which they paid as fine to gvt.

2 Likes

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Martinezbaba: 8:46am On May 17, 2016
grin grin[quote author=jejemanito post=45691192] grin grin way to go bro
that was how those coporate thieves said if I could spend 200 naira during the day, I'd browsed free in the night
You had to see the way I kept vigil till 1am only to find out it was sheer scam
Between Satan and MTN, I'm still trying to figure out who is more skilled at donating with the right hand while milking you dry with left

grin grin grin
3 Gbosa for You, that is the best way to quantify those Criminals called MTN.
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by ritababe(f): 8:47am On May 17, 2016
wristbangle:

It depends on your locality. Glo is not that bad as u people say. I do use it and am not regretting using it. MTN are vagabonds.

okay but they improve on their network
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by loko4nation: 8:47am On May 17, 2016
kingphilip:
Hmmmm that's emptyhen for you

How about switching to airtel and enjoy their 5x bonus I think that's better than better talk

Do that and thank me later
how can I go about Dis, I mean d code to subscribe to dat
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by ritababe(f): 8:48am On May 17, 2016
anny268:
Glo network isn't that bad... Guess it has to do with ur location. Mine is cool.

location is always the excuse
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Eksman: 8:48am On May 17, 2016
MTN....scammers of the century.

I had the same experience.
Subscribed for the 3.5G three days ago only to see 0.0MB datat balance last night. Guess what, the data was in my modem and used it only in my laptop. How on earth can the data disappear just like that.

MTN is really biting more than they can chew
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by ritababe(f): 8:49am On May 17, 2016
rheether:

How will you be in Nigeria and still be using glo? The frustration nah die.

lol
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by MUVA(m): 8:49am On May 17, 2016
pet4ril:
but etisalat calls is too expensive. Or is there anything I can do to make it cheaper? They charge me #25 per minute angry i really want to abandon my mtn line for just receiving of calls

The #25/min tariff is the one that doubles your recharge right? If that's it then you probably don't know that the #25 being charged applies to your first call of each day. I think it gets a lot cheaper after that but I might be wrong so its best you call their call center to lay your complaints. Trust me, they are nothing like MTN.
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by ritababe(f): 8:49am On May 17, 2016
gudluckgreat:

trust me Glo can never trick you or take up your data or airtime. All there is to Complain By Some about Glo is that of Poor Network. But In Owerri Here,it is the Fastest. In My MTN now I have 1.3GB but can't Browse with It. Called Customer care and they did all they could All to No avail doesn't Happen to glo

hmmm okay
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by ritababe(f): 8:50am On May 17, 2016
Olafeyeni:
They've improved a whole lot now
why am I not seeing any improvement?
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by maasoap(m): 8:51am On May 17, 2016
I think you guys need to get new mtn sim card to enjoy their Starter Pack that gives 500%bonus on any recharge. Though the call rate is N40/min but what I noticed was that browsing tariff is 1kb/kb instead of 5kb. And you will enjoy it for solid six months. Though your bonus will be used up first before they start deducting from your data.
Imaging you recharge N2000 and get N10,000 bonus! You use your 2k to subscribe to 3.5gb plan. Your 10k will be charged at N40/min and 1kb/kb. After that, it remains your data, imagine if your data is charged at 1kb/kb!

1 Like

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by hazeezhat: 8:56am On May 17, 2016
Please, kindly provide ur number. Thank you
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by tico1212(m): 8:56am On May 17, 2016
kinibigdeal:
Stick with Glo

Rule your world
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by rozayx5(m): 8:59am On May 17, 2016
Isaacpyo04:

I'll suggest that you tag this link with their official Twitter handle on Twitter.
In doing so, you are 'opening their yansh' for the world to see...

dygeasy do this above action
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Optimisticgondy(m): 9:00am On May 17, 2016
rozayx5:

had same issue. was sorted out last week

i subscribed 3.5 g yesterday will be watching undecided
Na wah for them o; if not for Glo, I would have missed a lot
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Dygeasy(m): 9:04am On May 17, 2016
hazeezhat:
Please, kindly provide ur number. Thank you
I sent you a mail.
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by ELITE12(m): 9:04am On May 17, 2016
hemartins:
That's Mtn for you.
They always have a way of collecting back their bonus.
Fear Mtn.
Abi ooo Fear Mtn those guyz are Fantastically... lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Dygeasy(m): 9:05am On May 17, 2016
rozayx5:

dygeasy do this above action
Done already.

On my way to their office right now.

It's been ages smiley
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by PheezyLee(m): 9:07am On May 17, 2016
I actually dunno the plan am on but i subscribed for the 1.5Gb for 1k days back and its like am browsing for free sef cos dey aint zapping my data with heavy browsing.

Swapped to mtn when glo really got bad and i cant endure anymore.

Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by aloaye11: 9:10am On May 17, 2016
my brother mtn has always been a thieving network, sometimes they deduct ur money for no reason,they ask u to subscribe for something for #1 per month n after two days even without using d service they deduct any #100 and from d next day it any money from #50 upward ,and when u call d customer care my brother u only get frustrated because this network people once ur money has been deducted, no matter who makes d mistake, ur money will never b returned n no apology will b given. all networks mostly mtn. that is y we pay those shameful people in our senate but all they care for is only those that affect them n their family
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by orimola(m): 9:14am On May 17, 2016
Mtn is a curse they did d same 2 me yesterday when I call there customer care yesterday all there were saying were purely nonsense.
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by frisky2good(m): 9:15am On May 17, 2016
What did you just say?

kinibigdeal:
Stick with Glo
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by multimillionsna: 9:15am On May 17, 2016
Bros, what is your phone number? let me check from here for you and see what can be done to rectify the issue.
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Horo(m): 9:18am On May 17, 2016
Dygeasy:
I subscribed to the new MTN Data plan of 2,000 naira for 3.5gig yesterday. I'm on the Bettertalk plan which gives me triple of every recharge so I got 4,000 naira bonus upon recharge.

I did the subscription while still having the bonus intact. Now according to a Customer Care representative when I enquired sometime ago, I was told that if you subscribe to any data plan on Bettertalk, before your data starts getting deducted they would start deducting from the bonus airtime for any internet-related activity. That is however true from my previous data subscription with MTN when I used to do the 4.5 gig for 2,500 Naira.

For the past 20 hours I have made calls and used the Internet all of which were charged from my 4,000 nara bonus airtime.

Late into the evening, I checked my data balance and I had my full 3.5gig intact and I saw another 700mb for night plan. I disregarded that as system error and went about my own normal business.
I think the mistake was your not suppose to use the bonus and buy data that will last for a month remember your bonus will expire in 7 days.may be you want to play wayyo and you met your match
I used the Internet for a while and about three hours later, I wanted to see if they had started deducting from my data and Lo! I saw I had 615mb left.

I didn't download. In fact I made sure I didn't download because I wanted to ensure I used a substantial amount of the airtime to make calls.

How on earth did I spend 2.9 gig in three hours?

I called Customer Care and they were quoting some nonsensical thousands of kilobytes that I used.

My phone is telling me otherwise. No matter the difference in the data usage calculations, it shouldn't be that much. Screenshot attached.

This is a huge inconvenience from MTN. 2,000 Naira might be meagre but this is unacceptable.

This is not my first time of subscribing on this phone for different data plans. Why is this different? I am not going to accept this.
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by Dygeasy(m): 9:22am On May 17, 2016
multimillionsna:
Bros, what is your phone number? let me check from here for you and see what can be done to rectify the issue.
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by tivta(m): 9:28am On May 17, 2016
I never had a issue like this, is it because am on tru talk? Well am enjoying the 3.5gb and fast speed...
Re: The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans by mykbuddy: 9:34am On May 17, 2016
MTN, SCAM ARTIST.
Them be like Voodoo, you go dey watch am e dey go.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Possible Reasons Why MTN Changed Recharge Card Loading Pattern, Reduces Card PIN / Nokia Set To Release Nokia C9. checkout the proposed specs / Check Out Iphone 8 And Iphone 8 Plus Specifications And Price In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.