Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,446 members, 7,843,367 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

N12000 Estimated Electricity Bill For A 2 Bedroom Flat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N12000 Estimated Electricity Bill For A 2 Bedroom Flat (2227 Views)

How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) / Do You Know You Can Contest An Estimated Nepa Bill? / Disco’s, Planning To Put Estimated Electricity Bill To An End (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

N12000 Estimated Electricity Bill For A 2 Bedroom Flat by Alanzazani: 1:10am On May 17, 2016
Pls can someone explain to me how AEDC arrived at this estimated bill. After paying for a pre paid meter they now put you on a waiting list for 90 days. This is where corruption is abound. The EFCC should beam its search light on these criminals in the private sector. They come and disconnect your light when you are not at home it would seem like a fualt has developed, so you will call them to reconnect it at a fee. A house that ia sparesely furnished for now and we hardly get electricity for 3 hours a day.

This country is truly fantastically corrupt.
Re: N12000 Estimated Electricity Bill For A 2 Bedroom Flat by nnachukz(m): 2:00am On May 17, 2016
Wail not my brother. All are included in the beautifully packaged CHANGE.

2 Likes

Re: N12000 Estimated Electricity Bill For A 2 Bedroom Flat by Lovelynature(m): 2:20am On May 17, 2016
And wailers keep increasing. Evidence of chain rather than positive change.

3 Likes

Re: N12000 Estimated Electricity Bill For A 2 Bedroom Flat by Standing5(m): 3:11am On May 17, 2016
It depends OP. Do you use Heat generating appliances or AC?
Re: N12000 Estimated Electricity Bill For A 2 Bedroom Flat by chriskosherbal(m): 3:16am On May 17, 2016
There should be a define way of billing for all to understand.
Re: N12000 Estimated Electricity Bill For A 2 Bedroom Flat by playtheblues(f): 3:56am On May 17, 2016
Fashola be acting like electricity solution is now rocket science.
Re: N12000 Estimated Electricity Bill For A 2 Bedroom Flat by jamace(m): 6:56am On May 17, 2016
Standing5:
Even if he has, do you use estimated bill to get the right consumption?

For instance, in the month of April, my area had no light but we were still given an estimated bill of about N13,000 for a 3 bedroom bungallow. Did they charge us for the sunlight or darkness?

5 Likes

Re: N12000 Estimated Electricity Bill For A 2 Bedroom Flat by Standing5(m): 8:10am On May 17, 2016
jamace:
Even if he has, do you use estimated bill to get the right consumption?

For instance, in the month of April, my area had no light but we were still given an estimated bill of about N13,000 for a 3 bedroom bungallow. Did they charge us for the sunlight or darkness?
If it is estimated bill, then i understand. It started long ago though, but Fashola ought to av mapped out a solution by now.
Re: N12000 Estimated Electricity Bill For A 2 Bedroom Flat by pedrilo: 8:32am On May 17, 2016
they charge me 8000 for my one room. AEDC is very fraudulent

1 Like

Re: N12000 Estimated Electricity Bill For A 2 Bedroom Flat by bros1234(m): 8:51am On May 17, 2016
Thank you for opening this thread.

In the last 5 months, my 3 bedroom flat has been given 15,000 monthly. I dont have a meter and they say its estimated bill. I just dey park the bill there for them. This is highly unacceptable
Re: N12000 Estimated Electricity Bill For A 2 Bedroom Flat by zeezoom: 9:33am On May 17, 2016
AEDC, me I have told them to come and disconnect me, how can the bill a two bedroom flat, just a freezer, one TV, no AC N10000for the month. Estimated bill, wato, the look at the area you are staying an d conclude that you have AC, TV in all the rooms, electric cooker, water heater in your bathroom, you have electric treadmill etc... the want you to use 20%of your salary for electricity bill and the light sef no dey, in my area, ACO, the just brought it after 5 days, before then 4days an today date is ..., make them bring am I go pile am
Re: N12000 Estimated Electricity Bill For A 2 Bedroom Flat by louqas: 9:49am On May 17, 2016
OP should direct his anger at those that sold the discos to incompetent people. People without technical and financial capabilities to handle the discos ,they even had to be bailed out by government financially. The owners of those discos have continually used estimated billing for customers even though it is illegal but since we Nigerians are so docile and can only rant online instead of taking decisive actions to protect out rights this situation will continue. There are many local pre paid meter manufacturers but the discos refuse to patronize them but instead import meters from China that's why all customers are not metered the result of which is estimated billing . Solution don't connect your house to NEPA light until you have a meter. If you do then be ready to pay whatever bill that estimate for you
Re: N12000 Estimated Electricity Bill For A 2 Bedroom Flat by Nobody: 10:07am On May 17, 2016
nnachukz:
Wail not my brother. All are included in the beautifully packaged CHANGE.
May be he is one of those people shouting CHANGE
Re: N12000 Estimated Electricity Bill For A 2 Bedroom Flat by mastro: 12:06pm On May 17, 2016
Alanzazani:
Pls can someone explain to me how AEDC arrived at this estimated bill. After paying for a pre paid meter they now put you on a waiting list for 90 days. This is where corruption is abound. The EFCC should beam its search light on these criminals in the private sector. They come and disconnect your light when you are not at home it would seem like a fualt has developed, so you will call them to reconnect it at a fee. A house that ia sparesely furnished for now and we hardly get electricity for 3 hours a day.

This country is truly fantastically corrupt.

From Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) web site, the disco has 60 days to install a meter after you've paid for it or they legally can't bill you.
http://www.nercng.org/index.php/media-and-publicity/press-releases/318-customers-exempted-from-estimated-electricity-bills

My advice is write a letter to your disco, copy NERC and see what happens, honestly until we engage these thieves nothing will get better

2 Likes

Re: N12000 Estimated Electricity Bill For A 2 Bedroom Flat by Alanzazani: 10:59pm On Oct 16, 2016
this amounta to one of the highest cases of corruption. cant we just get thing right in this country evem after privatozation.in normal climes u distribute meters and factor it into your bills for a long period of time. your customers are not going anywhere as long as the building still stands. change my fair ass
Re: N12000 Estimated Electricity Bill For A 2 Bedroom Flat by freeze001(f): 12:00am On Oct 17, 2016
Standing5:

He said estimated bill for a sparsely furnished apartment.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari’s Support For Palestine, Western Sahara Made Israel Recognize Biafra – En / Nnamdi Kanu: A Hero, Coward Or Villian? / History Repeating Itself Today: 1983 Vs 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.