Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,410 members, 7,812,215 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

Do You Know You Can Contest An Estimated Nepa Bill? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Know You Can Contest An Estimated Nepa Bill? (24732 Views)

Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others / How A Customer Stood His Ground Against Outrageous NEPA Bill. / Buhari Using NEPA Bill As Secondary School Certificate - Femi Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know You Can Contest An Estimated Nepa Bill? by hpaje(m): 3:52pm On Jul 04, 2017
It's so annoying that most people don't even know their rights since NEPA/PHCN became a private owned entity. People are still of the mindset that when the transformer spoils, they should contribute and fix it; but that mindset should be washed away. If the Private company want to make money, let them fix it themselves. Apart from the MD (Maximum Demand) customers who have been mandated by NERC(Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission) not to pay their bills until they are metered, Do you know you can CONTEST AN ESTIMATED BILL with your DISCO?
[flash=200,000]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYOB6PkF7gk[/flash]

In case you don't know your rights, here they are.

1. All new electricity connections must be done strictly based on metering before connection. That is, no new customer should be connected by a DisCo without a meter first being installed at the premises.
2. All customers have a right to electricity supply in a safe and reliable manner.
3. All customers have a right to a properly installed and functional meter.
4. All customers have a right to properly informed and educated on the electricity service.
5. All customers have a right to transparent electricity billing.
6. All Un-metered customers should be issued with electricity bills strictly based on NERC’s estimated billing methodology.
7. It is the customer’s right to be notified in writing ahead of disconnection of electricity service by the DisCo serving the customer in line with NERC’s guidelines.
8. All customers have a right to refund when over billed.
9. All customers have a right to file complaints and to the prompt investigation of complaints.
10. All complaints on electricity supply and other billing issues are to be sent to the nearest business unit of the DisCo serving the customer.
11. If a complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, customers have a right to escalate the issue to the NERC Forum Office within the coverage area of the DisCo.
12. Customers have the right to appeal the decision of the NERC Forum Office by writing a petition to the Commission.
13. It is the customer’s right to contest any electricity bill.
14. Any un-metered customer who is disputing his or her estimated bill has the right not to pay the disputed bill, but pay only the last undisputed bill as the contested bill go through the dispute resolution process of NERC.
15. It is not the responsibility of electricity customer or community to buy, replace or repair electricity transformers, poles and related equipment used in the supply of electricity.

Please do not allow people rob you of your hard earned money!!

49 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Do You Know You Can Contest An Estimated Nepa Bill? by doughziay: 3:56pm On Jul 04, 2017
NEPA no deserve my time and energy
Make I reserve am for better things.

PHCN is scam. Nothing Is ever taken seriously in this country no matter how much effort you put.

No need for the stress. We have been coping without Nepa and heat never kill anybody.

And up till now

Buhari neva still come back.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Know You Can Contest An Estimated Nepa Bill? by dessz(m): 3:56pm On Jul 04, 2017
this deserves FP lalasticlala mynd44.
we ought to understand our right
BTW,
I gave up on nepa when I went to complain of no light and then I saw them using generator.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know You Can Contest An Estimated Nepa Bill? by Jaytecq(m): 3:58pm On Jul 04, 2017
guess you have forgot that we are still in NIGERIA, and he his still the President

4 Likes

Re: Do You Know You Can Contest An Estimated Nepa Bill? by MirJay: 3:58pm On Jul 04, 2017
undecided . Can we really exercise such rights in Nigeria? I think the Op just wanted giving us hope, lost hope.

Tho am very happy for the improvement in light frequencies over here in Abj and am willing to pay what ever it costs to have a steady AEDC light.

Am also shouting out to Mr Fashola for proving he is not a one time wonder, thank u sir for all u have done.

But to Mr Buhari all i have to say is Ubanka!!!

6 Likes

Re: Do You Know You Can Contest An Estimated Nepa Bill? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 04, 2017
Source?

15. It is not the responsibility of electricity customer or community to buy, replace or repair electricity transformers, poles and related equipment used in the supply of electricity. undecided undecided undecided

- When you spend all your salary buying fuel and still pay estimated billing..you shall understand grin

8 Likes

Re: Do You Know You Can Contest An Estimated Nepa Bill? by ojmaroni247(m): 3:58pm On Jul 04, 2017
For wer
Re: Do You Know You Can Contest An Estimated Nepa Bill? by ShitHead(m): 3:59pm On Jul 04, 2017
In Nigeria? Goodluck with that. The kind DISCO wey them go play for you, you no go see legs dance am.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Know You Can Contest An Estimated Nepa Bill? by NLProblemChild(m): 3:59pm On Jul 04, 2017
FTC i dedicate it to buhari in London.. Keep living!
Re: Do You Know You Can Contest An Estimated Nepa Bill? by gunners160(m): 3:59pm On Jul 04, 2017
are u talking about Nigeria NEPA or that of another country? Do Nigerians even have right? .... Go complain for NEPA and see if them go answer you at all. Wetin I dey even talk self,no be wen person get light him go remember NEPA?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know You Can Contest An Estimated Nepa Bill? by menwongo(m): 4:00pm On Jul 04, 2017
*HUSBANDS FOR SALE !*

A store that sells husbands has just opened , where a woman may go to choose a husband. Among the instructions at the entrance is a description of how the store operates. You may visit the store ONLY ONCE!

There are six floors and the attributes of the men increase as the shopper ascends the flights. There is, however, a catch .. You may choose any man from a particular floor, or you may choose to go up a floor, but you cannot go back down except to exit the building! So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband .

On the first floor the sign on the door reads:

Floor 1 - These men have jobs and love the Lord.

The second floor sign reads:

Floor 2 - These men have jobs, love the Lord, and love kids.

The third floor sign reads:

Floor 3 - These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, and are extremely good looking.

"Wow," she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going.

She goes to the fourth floor and sign reads:

Floor 4 These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, are good looking and help with the housework.

"Oh, mercy me!" she exclaims, "I can hardly stand it!" Still, she goes to the fifth floor and sign reads:

Floor 5 These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, are gorgeous, help with the housework, and have a strong romantic streak.

She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor and the sign reads:

*Floor 6: You are visitor 4,363,012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please.*

*Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store. Watch your step as you exit the building, and have a nice day!*

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know You Can Contest An Estimated Nepa Bill? by aolawale025: 4:00pm On Jul 04, 2017
In theory it's very possible. But it's futile to attempt it
Re: Do You Know You Can Contest An Estimated Nepa Bill? by infogenius(m): 4:00pm On Jul 04, 2017
Laffing in swahili
The one that u won't have light for eternity
is what you playing with.

The laws {post} is good
but.... Let's c how it goes

1 Like

Re: Do You Know You Can Contest An Estimated Nepa Bill? by KvnqPrezo(m): 4:00pm On Jul 04, 2017
H
Re: Do You Know You Can Contest An Estimated Nepa Bill? by ItsawrapOutfit: 4:00pm On Jul 04, 2017
Yes ke
Re: Do You Know You Can Contest An Estimated Nepa Bill? by oluemmakay(m): 4:00pm On Jul 04, 2017
Implementation is the problem
Re: Do You Know You Can Contest An Estimated Nepa Bill? by magoo10(m): 4:01pm On Jul 04, 2017
absolutely not in Nigeria where things don't work,may be the stated approach can work in a very few areas in Nigeria but definitely not in major areas.
Nigeria is an expired country where things will never work except drastic actions like the one Nnamdi KANU is taking or probably by a revolution. the leaders have dealt us a very big blow and raped us without using condoms
Re: Do You Know You Can Contest An Estimated Nepa Bill? by presentley: 4:01pm On Jul 04, 2017
Naso!!
Shebi bail too is free at the police stations #yinmu

3 Likes

Re: Do You Know You Can Contest An Estimated Nepa Bill? by ritux: 4:01pm On Jul 04, 2017
I totally agree with you but it is not that easy bro.

1. They will cut/disconnect your light without you knowing. Even if you are at home,they will tell you to go settle with their superiors in the office as they are working under instructions.

2. The people you are reporting to are so corrupt that they wont listen to you and will frustrate you. The district Discos are being given certain target by their Area Managers to refund a certain amount every month that is why some estimated bills are so high. The excess will be shared among themselves (Area Manager, commercial manager and any other smart ''eye when see''.

3. The Discos will tell you meters are not available so they will continue bringing their outrageous estimated bill.

4. You will be forced to pay something before they reconnect you while the dispute resolution process is ongoing because you don't want to be in darkness and the cost of running your gen is high.

You see, it is not that easy.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know You Can Contest An Estimated Nepa Bill? by insure1: 4:01pm On Jul 04, 2017
I thought you's shed better light on contesting this estimated bill of a scam as the video didn't do much.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know You Can Contest An Estimated Nepa Bill? by Aregs(m): 4:02pm On Jul 04, 2017
I dedicate this to all my Igbo peeps in d North.... May God help you all..... I don't know if we can just sell Nigeria and buy another Country I think that will be better.
Re: Do You Know You Can Contest An Estimated Nepa Bill? by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 4:02pm On Jul 04, 2017
Nepa abeg una wahala 2much oya

Re: Do You Know You Can Contest An Estimated Nepa Bill? by skilfulsagei(m): 4:04pm On Jul 04, 2017
True talk. You can check NERC website to confirm.
Re: Do You Know You Can Contest An Estimated Nepa Bill? by deepwater(f): 4:09pm On Jul 04, 2017
Army go flog u ooo

1 Like

Re: Do You Know You Can Contest An Estimated Nepa Bill? by joe4real12: 4:11pm On Jul 04, 2017
presentley:
Naso!!
Shebi bail too is free at the police stations #yinmu
By the time every customer is metered, they will have no choice but respond to every fault. They know how much they would lose if power is off for an hour.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know You Can Contest An Estimated Nepa Bill? by Vic3wap(m): 4:14pm On Jul 04, 2017
It actually sounds easy hearing this but I bet an encounter with those guys will teach you a new lesson.
Those are only tasty documented words, they are almost futile in reality.
Be careful, be wise.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know You Can Contest An Estimated Nepa Bill? by itiswellandwell: 4:15pm On Jul 04, 2017
Hmmmmm
Re: Do You Know You Can Contest An Estimated Nepa Bill? by registration(m): 4:15pm On Jul 04, 2017
NIGERIA!!!

okay ....
Re: Do You Know You Can Contest An Estimated Nepa Bill? by smartty68(m): 4:20pm On Jul 04, 2017
As I speak right now, my solar panel is at the top of my head where ever I go, since our area transformer got bad they've never made any attempt fixing it even with the series of complains. I've been without light for a month plus now. PHED is a disappointment, Nigeria is a disagrace on the surface of the universe.

OP thank you for trying to gimme hope but no hope

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know You Can Contest An Estimated Nepa Bill? by jamalnation(m): 4:24pm On Jul 04, 2017
yes but why should i
Re: Do You Know You Can Contest An Estimated Nepa Bill? by laudate: 4:24pm On Jul 04, 2017
hpaje:
It's so annoying that most people don't even know their rights since NEPA/PHCN became a private owned entity. People are still of the mindset that when the transformer spoils, they should contribute and fix it; but that mindset should be washed away. If the Private company want to make money, let them fix it themselves. Apart from the MD (Maximum Demand) customers who have been mandated by NERC(Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission) not to pay their bills until they are metered, Do you know you can CONTEST AN ESTIMATED BILL with your DISCO?
In case you don't know your rights, here they are.

1. All new electricity connections must be done strictly based on metering before connection. That is, no new customer should be connected by a DisCo without a meter first being installed at the premises.
2. All customers have a right to electricity supply in a safe and reliable manner.
3. All customers have a right to a properly installed and functional meter.
4. All customers have a right to properly informed and educated on the electricity service.
5. All customers have a right to transparent electricity billing.
6. All Un-metered customers should be issued with electricity bills strictly based on NERC’s estimated billing methodology.
7. It is the customer’s right to be notified in writing ahead of disconnection of electricity service by the DisCo serving the customer in line with NERC’s guidelines.
8. All customers have a right to refund when over billed.
9. All customers have a right to file complaints and to the prompt investigation of complaints.
10. All complaints on electricity supply and other billing issues are to be sent to the nearest business unit of the DisCo serving the customer.

11. If a complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, customers have a right to escalate the issue to the NERC Forum Office within the coverage area of the DisCo.
12. Customers have the right to appeal the decision of the NERC Forum Office by writing a petition to the Commission.
13. It is the customer’s right to contest any electricity bill.
14. Any un-metered customer who is disputing his or her estimated bill has the right not to pay the disputed bill, but pay only the last undisputed bill as the contested bill go through the dispute resolution process of NERC.
15. It is not the responsibility of electricity customer or community to buy, replace or repair electricity transformers, poles and related equipment used in the supply of electricity.

Please do not allow people rob you of your hard earned money!!
That your no. 8 & no. 9 to no. 10 is just grammar. sad I have tried it before, and was told point blank that they cannot do anything about it, and we should just go and pay. They even threatened disconnection & brought their ladder to our doorstep. Abeg, just leave these tales by moonlight, biko.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know You Can Contest An Estimated Nepa Bill? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 04, 2017
in as much as i agree to this thread to some extent, i will equally disagree to agree base on "electricity customers should not repair transformer, poles or any electrical equipments that belong to phcn"
sir, if your transformer got spoilt, go to their office log the complaint, i tell you, for next 6months you won't have a blink of electricity in that community let alone stable electricity. What they will tell you will be, the head quarter has not given us the money for the repairs, what would you do if that tone is rang into your ears? I think it will be a good idea for such community to raise money to repair the damage.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Lawmakers In Emergency Meeting After Massive Pro-ambode Protest / Buhari Orders Central Bank To Halt Payment For Food And Fertilizer Imports / Unknown Gunmen Attack Ondo Police Station, Kill Inspector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.