Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,227 members, 7,811,627 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:06 PM

Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Amaechi, SSG &others- Western Pilot. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Amaechi, SSG &others- Western Pilot. (3495 Views)

Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Ministers, Aides - Nigerian Pilot / Throwback Photo Of Buhari Under Abacha's Regime / Buhari Under Presure To Sack Amaechi- Pilot Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Amaechi, SSG &others- Western Pilot. by HisRoyalHardnes(m): 6:14am On May 17, 2016
There were indications weekend that President Muhammadu Buhari is under pressure from the foreign community to sack his Aviation minister and former Rivers state governor, Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi following his indictment for corruption by the Justice George Omeregi-led Rivers State Judicial Commission of Inquiry, set up to investigate the sale of state assets and the consequent Whitepaper issued by the state government. On a related note, the federal administration was said to be uncomfortable with unpleasant reports about the disposition of the current Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF, Lawal Babachir and the President’s Chief of Staff, Alhaji Abba Kyari.
The President is reportedly disposed to easing them out of office. The president is said to be under intense pressure to drop allegedly corrupt
appointees from his cabinet to successfully prosecute his administration’s anti-
graft war. A Western diplomat who confided in Nigerian Pilot disclosed that “there is now
increased and general erosion of confidence in the president’s ability to
prosecute his administration’s anti-graft war. He added that, “about five senior
diplomats have had reason to pass similar observations to the presidency after
the Rivers state government Whitepaper that indicted your minister of Aviation,
Amaechi over alleged corruption during his years as governor.” “If I can recall very vividly, they told the president that until people like
Amaechi in his government are excused from government to defend the telling
allegations against him, the corruption fight will not be taken seriously,” he
further said. The declaration by the diplomats he said was buoyed by a letter written by
Governor Nyesom Wike to foreign missions and Embassies detailing findings
and related documentary evidences including the government Whitepaper of
the Justice George Omeregi commission probe report on the state’s finances
during the Amaechi years as governor. Rivers state’s Commissioner of Housing, Emma Okah, who spoke on behalf of
the State Government, who spoke to journalists in Port Harcourt last year on
the foregoing report had disclosed that the state’s Attorney-General had been
mandated to start all legal processes against Amaechi; a former military
administrator of Rivers State, Brigadier Anthony Ukpo (Rtd) and some other
former political office holders to refund over N97 billion allegedly misappropriated in the sale of the state’s valued assets. SGF, Chief of Staff According to investigations by Nigerian Pilot, alleged indictment by some
foreign consultants contracted by Buhari to assess his administration six
months after assuming office. “The president being a leader desirous of returning Nigeria to the path of sanity
and prosperity contracted the consultants recommended by former President
Olusegun Obasanjo. But the president gave them his own terms of reference
which were not envisaged by his earlier understanding with Obasanjo,” said
one foreign diplomat who was privy to the matter. He said that the report concluded that the Buhari administration was better off
when the President was working with permanent secretaries adding that he
should have retained some of the “good and patriotic hands among them”
instead of the almost clean sweep that sent all of them away leaving a wide
vacuum in positive governance. “They were effective either because they understood the workings of
government very well given their experiences or they dreaded any tendency to
act outside the directives of President Buhari,” he added. The source continued: “the president contracted a firm from the U.S. to assess
the performance of his government and officials. The result is far from
complimentary in respect to some officials, number one of which is the SGF,
Engr. Lawal. “The SGF’s supervisory role over the MDAs was also brought to question in
the report; but it is surprising that the president has allowed him to stay this
long after that report. I am aware too that somebody is being considered for
that position,” the source confided. One of the instances mentioned in the consultant’s report is the sacking of
heads of MDAs recently whereby other political appointees in such MDAs were
left out of the action. Said the source, “some departments and agencies’ staffers have expressed
the worry that executive directors were left in office while chief executives of
some agencies have been sacked by the present regime. “The aggrieved staff argued that executive directors ought to have gone with
the chief executives since they are all political appointees, stressing that the
executive directors could not be excused from any impropriety that may have
happened in such departments and agencies. “The affected staff appealed to the president to as a matter of urgency sack
the executive directors and probe their time in office.” He said the case of the Chief of Staff is not different as his effectiveness as
the bridge between the president and his aides alongside other federal, states
and foreign governments’ officials has long been in doubt. Put together, the
source alleged that the ineffectiveness of the duo has contributed largely to the
steep nose-dive of government in the past months.
The two presidency officials were appointed last October by Buhari.

Culled From Western Pilot
http://vanessamichael..com/2016/03/buhari-under-pressure-to-sack-amaechi.html?m=1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Amaechi, SSG &others- Western Pilot. by jcross19: 6:16am On May 17, 2016
Which one is western pilot again?
Bubu I know is not under pressure. Bubu is a stubborn buffoon.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Amaechi, SSG &others- Western Pilot. by 88natzy(m): 6:16am On May 17, 2016
Brb
Re: Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Amaechi, SSG &others- Western Pilot. by cricifixo: 6:16am On May 17, 2016
Hmmm, so what's bubu gonna do
Re: Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Amaechi, SSG &others- Western Pilot. by GudluckIBB(m): 6:19am On May 17, 2016
jcross19:

Today its western pilot, tomoroow it will be Bairan sailor.

Naa wah o!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Amaechi, SSG &others- Western Pilot. by Zico5(m): 6:20am On May 17, 2016
Ok
Re: Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Amaechi, SSG &others- Western Pilot. by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 6:22am On May 17, 2016
Sack that itchy ffingered thieving black smeagol already cool

1 Like

Re: Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Amaechi, SSG &others- Western Pilot. by Nobody: 6:23am On May 17, 2016
Unna wan kill this man for us? Pesin when no well b4 Unna dey give em pressure.
Re: Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Amaechi, SSG &others- Western Pilot. by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 6:26am On May 17, 2016
Dasuki is a mere "pick pocket" when compared to amaechi, APC's bonnie with no clyde. A reknowned state treasury heist kingpin who has gone federal cool

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Amaechi, SSG &others- Western Pilot. by cckris: 6:29am On May 17, 2016
Buhari's Aso Rock is a hide out for criminally INDICTED Treasury Looters, like Amaechi.

Buhari's anti-corruption is just propaganda on pages of Newspapers, & this futile attempt to weaken the PDP ahead of 2019 elections.

Meanwhile, Buhari has WASTED one year heaping HARDSHIPS on Nigerians, so that no one will be healthy enough to oppose his sole agenda, to ISLAMISE Nigeria.

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Amaechi, SSG &others- Western Pilot. by simplemach(m): 6:32am On May 17, 2016
pls uncle Lai should not be spared.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Amaechi, SSG &others- Western Pilot. by Mologi(m): 6:33am On May 17, 2016
Impossible...U dnt know that Amaechi be his money bag ni.. .

Mo n wa iyawo ooo
Re: Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Amaechi, SSG &others- Western Pilot. by M4gunners: 6:33am On May 17, 2016
Good news.
Re: Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Amaechi, SSG &others- Western Pilot. by Nobody: 6:34am On May 17, 2016
WAILERS, wail all you can, Buhari , Amaechi, Fashola will rule you for the next 8 years and beyond. . . . May your handkerchieves never get dry. Happy wailing!!

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Amaechi, SSG &others- Western Pilot. by henrygale(m): 6:34am On May 17, 2016
Ok
Re: Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Amaechi, SSG &others- Western Pilot. by menstrualpad: 6:36am On May 17, 2016
STFUand4kMeHARD:
Dasuki is a mere "pick pocket" when compared to amaechi, APC's bonnie with no clyde. A reknowned state treasury heist kingpin who has gone federal cool
Include fayemi and fashola in the taribo n friends combo...
Re: Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Amaechi, SSG &others- Western Pilot. by Lashist(m): 6:36am On May 17, 2016
can sum1 just tell me 1 good thing he has experienced since bubu became president..obviously nothing to me o...God help us o
Re: Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Amaechi, SSG &others- Western Pilot. by menstrualpad: 6:36am On May 17, 2016
modelmike7:
WAILERS, wail all you can, Buhari , Amaechi, Fashola will rule you for the next 8 years and beyond. . . . May your handkerchieves never get dry. Happy wailing!!
Are you mentally ok?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Amaechi, SSG &others- Western Pilot. by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 6:37am On May 17, 2016
[s]
modelmike7:
[/s]
Lines of a living dead ..... no offeinse cool

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Amaechi, SSG &others- Western Pilot. by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 6:38am On May 17, 2016
menstrualpad:

Are you mentally ok?
No he is not .... a zombie can never be ok cool
Re: Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Amaechi, SSG &others- Western Pilot. by Nobody: 6:41am On May 17, 2016
STFUand4kMeHARD:
[s][/s]
. . . ... I won't say much to you guys than ' HAPPY WAILING' . Get more handkerchieves NOW!........
STFUand4kMeHARD:

STFUand4kMeHARD:
[s][/s]
. . . I won't say much to you guys than ' HAPPY WAILING' . Get more handkerchieves NOW!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Amaechi, SSG &others- Western Pilot. by Nobody: 6:45am On May 17, 2016
STFUand4kMeHARD:

. . . You are a zombie, a wailer, a pessimist , what a pathetic soul with an OK life... Keep wailing till you dry up.
Bunch of Losers!!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Amaechi, SSG &others- Western Pilot. by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 6:47am On May 17, 2016
modelmike7:
. . . I won't say much to you guys than ' HAPPY WAILING' . Get more handkerchieves NOW!. . . I won't say much to you guys than ' HAPPY WAILING' . Get more handkerchieves NOW!
While we can only pray your cerebral cortex develops faster before you loose the frontal lobe totally ..... no offeinse cool

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Amaechi, SSG &others- Western Pilot. by menstrualpad: 6:48am On May 17, 2016
modelmike7:
. . . You are a zombie, a wailer, a pessimist , what a pathetic soul with an OK life... Keep wailing till you dru up.
Bunch of Losers!!
May fraudsters and looters rule over you and your household. But as for Nigeria all fraudsters must be wiped out.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Amaechi, SSG &others- Western Pilot. by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 6:48am On May 17, 2016
modelmike7:
. . . You are a zombie, a wailer, a pessimist , what a pathetic soul with an OK life... Keep wailing till you dru up.
Bunch of Losers!!
Refer to my last prayer for you .... son cool

1 Like

Re: Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Amaechi, SSG &others- Western Pilot. by omowolewa: 6:50am On May 17, 2016
Because of one River state panel of Inquiry?
Let them bring the evidence to the federal, maybe EFCC and let such be made public to prevent cover up.

If things are done like that Buhari would have been sacked based on Fayose's allegations.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Amaechi, SSG &others- Western Pilot. by Nobody: 6:54am On May 17, 2016
STFUand4kMeHARD:

While we can only pray your cerebral cortex to develop faster before you loose the frontal lobe totally ..... no offeinse cool
..... wail all you can. too early to start my day with a sorry/pathetic soul as you are... Henceforth, talk to the hand!
. . . . .
menstrualpad:

May fraudsters and looters rule over you and your household. But as for Nigeria all fraudsters must be wiped out.
. . . . . Contradictory words of a born wailer... I can see that Angels and non-corrupt Jona&gangs politicians have been ruling us for the past 6 to 16 years.... One of them even wailing that what Dasuki shared is a chicken change! WAIL WAIL WAIL Sons of perditions!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Amaechi, SSG &others- Western Pilot. by allthingsgood: 6:54am On May 17, 2016
jcross19:

Stop abusing bubu my love before I fire your head! grin grin
Re: Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Amaechi, SSG &others- Western Pilot. by compoundC: 6:55am On May 17, 2016
[siz

1 Like

Re: Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Amaechi, SSG &others- Western Pilot. by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 6:55am On May 17, 2016
modelmike7:
..... wail all you can. too early to start my day with a sorry/pathetic soul as you are... Henceforth, talk to the hand!
. . . . .
. . . . . Contradictory words of a born wailer... I can see that Angels and non-corrupt Jona&gangs politicians have been ruling us for the past 6 to 16 years.... One of them even wailing that what Dasuki shared is a chicken change! WAIL WAIL WAIL Sons of perditions!
Ok son ..... run along then wink
Re: Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Amaechi, SSG &others- Western Pilot. by menstrualpad: 6:55am On May 17, 2016
omowolewa:
Because of one River state panel of Inquiry?
Let them bring the evidence to the federal, maybe EFCC and let such be made public to prevent cover up.

If things are done like that Buhari would have been sacked based on Fayose's allegations.
One rivers panel of inquiry and it will sink amaechi.
Re: Buhari Under Pressure To Sack Amaechi, SSG &others- Western Pilot. by jcross19: 6:56am On May 17, 2016
allthingsgood:

Stop abusing bubu my love before I fire your head! grin grin
with coconut head.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet The World's Youngest President (with Pictures) / To All Pmb's Supporters, Answer This Question Below With Valid Reason(s) / Pro Buhari Crowed: More Pictures Of Sen. Wammako In Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.