Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,813 members, 7,956,073 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:15 AM

Transport Business Almost Gone Bad - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Transport Business Almost Gone Bad (1974 Views)

Transport Business In 2016. My Experience / Founder Of Peace Mass Transport Eating At A Road Side Buka.PICS / Commercial Bus Transport Business In Lagos, PLEASE HELP! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transport Business Almost Gone Bad by johnugwu: 12:47pm On May 17, 2016
Dear Nairalanders

Good day, I need help and advise on what to do.

I met a friend through my wife in Abj and he was into taxi business in Abj. I got interested and decided to join because i had this flair for transport. I even applied tru YOUWIN i was called for the first and second stage until i lost out at the third stage.

This friend of my wife introduced me to his driver that has been doing business for him for some time and in order not to kill the YOUWIN dream. I got some cash abt 3M and bought the 4 car in two tranches from Cotonu, Mazda 323.

As i speak now for more than five weeks this guy has not paid me, i didn't know his house before so i had to get the other guy to take me to his house and behold the neighbours all feigned ignorance of his existence there. To make matters worse, his phone numbers are all switched off and i don't know the drivers he uses.

What do i do at this point in time? I cannot allow my sweat enter voice mail like that. For the other guy his payment since sept 2015 has not been paid and for three cars.

I will appreciate if there is any help i can get here. I know i made a mistake trusting such kind of guy with my investment, I was blind to trust.

I learnt my lesson in a hard way.

please push to front page to get opinions and way forward.

Thanks
Re: Transport Business Almost Gone Bad by ProHuntConsult: 1:13pm On May 17, 2016
Wow I must say its really sad but let me think of something and I will modify my post with my suggestion.
Re: Transport Business Almost Gone Bad by johnugwu: 1:15pm On May 17, 2016
ProHuntConsult:
Wow I must say its really sad but let me think of something and I will modify my post with my suggestion.

Thanks brother. This guy want make i trek go my village. I need help ASAP. I need to know what to do
Re: Transport Business Almost Gone Bad by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 17, 2016
I don't believe your story

1 Like

Re: Transport Business Almost Gone Bad by mrsage(m): 3:02pm On May 17, 2016
johnugwu:
Dear Nairalanders

I met a friend through my wife in Abj and he was into taxi business in Abj. I got interested and decided to join because i had this flair for transport. I even applied tru YOUWIN i was called for the first and second stage until i lost out at the third stage.

This friend of my wife introduced me to his driver that has been doing business for him for some time and in order not to kill the YOUWIN dream. I got some cash abt 3M and bought the 4 car in two tranches from Cotonu, Mazda 323.

As i speak now for more than five weeks this guy has not paid me, i didn't know his house before so i had to get the other guy to take me to his house and behold the neighbours all feigned ignorance of his existence there. To make matters worse, his phone numbers are all switched off and i don't know the drivers he uses.

What do i do at this point in time? I cannot allow my sweat enter voice mail like that. For the other guy his payment since sept 2015 has not been paid and for three cars.

I will appreciate if there is any help i can get here. I know i made a mistake trusting such kind of guy with my investment, I was blind to trust.

Thanks

This is rather unpleasant. Not good for our business.

I'm into transportation business but from what I can figure out, the issue here is not really about transportatiin but lack of proper due diligence.

Poor risk management. Now it has happened, what is the way forward?

I will ask a few questions:

Do you have legal documents and agreements?
Did you involve a lawyer or Police etc
Did you agree on hire purchase or what??

Likely solution. This is the time to call your lawyer then involve law enforcement agencies. They may help to track him down.

Wish you luck and keep us posted.

Lesson to All

Every business is risky but to reduce the risk always carry out proper due diligence, have proper legal agreements and supervision is key.

2 Likes

Re: Transport Business Almost Gone Bad by RollingFellas: 3:15pm On May 17, 2016
johnugwu:

Thanks brother. This guy want make i trek go my village. I need help ASAP. I need to know what to do

Did you install tracking device on the cars?
Re: Transport Business Almost Gone Bad by RollingFellas: 3:20pm On May 17, 2016
johnugwu:
Dear Nairalanders

Thanks

OP, Its so sad. Drop your number so that we could chat.
Re: Transport Business Almost Gone Bad by johnugwu: 3:53pm On May 17, 2016
RollingFellas:

My email is johnugwu@yahoo.com. send me a mail and i will drop my number. Thanks
Re: Transport Business Almost Gone Bad by johnugwu: 3:56pm On May 17, 2016
RollingFellas:

My email is johnugwu@yahoo.com. send me a mail and i will drop my number. Thanks
Re: Transport Business Almost Gone Bad by johnugwu: 3:58pm On May 17, 2016
RollingFellas:

Did you install tracking device on the cars?

No i did not. I did based on trust . My wife's friend did not do his and i felt that it will be as i don't trust the guy. I was just plain stupid
Re: Transport Business Almost Gone Bad by johnugwu: 4:01pm On May 17, 2016
HKCOMPANY:
I don't believe your story

Bros find somewhere rest. What do i have to achieve to lie here. You dey pay me.
Re: Transport Business Almost Gone Bad by johnugwu: 4:07pm On May 17, 2016
mrsage:

This is rather unpleasant. Not good for our business.

I'm into transportation business but from what I can figure out, the issue here is not really about transportatiin but lack of proper due diligence.

Poor risk management. Now it has happened, what is the way forward?

I will ask a few questions:

Do you have legal documents and agreements? I just have the car papers with me. I registered the cars in the name of my company
Did you involve a lawyer or Police etc Not yet
Did you agree on hire purchase or what?? No just run the business like a normal business. my intention was after 1yr six months or two years sell the cars and replace

Likely solution. This is the time to call your lawyer then involve law enforcement agencies. They may help to track him down.

Wish you luck and keep us posted.

Lesson to All

Every business is risky but to reduce the risk always carry out proper due diligence, have proper legal agreements and supervision is key.
Re: Transport Business Almost Gone Bad by RollingFellas: 4:08pm On May 17, 2016
johnugwu:

I just sent you an email.
Re: Transport Business Almost Gone Bad by johnugwu: 4:14pm On May 17, 2016
RollingFellas:

I just sent you an email.

Just replied you
Re: Transport Business Almost Gone Bad by johnugwu: 4:15pm On May 17, 2016
Moderator, please push this for me to encourage business guys not to fall into the hand of this kind of guys
Re: Transport Business Almost Gone Bad by RollingFellas: 4:19pm On May 17, 2016
johnugwu:

No i did not. I did based on trust . My wife's friend did not do his and i felt that it will be as i don't trust the guy. I was just plain stupid

Wow! Sir, I can understand how you feel. This is not the best time to cry and wail on what you should or shouldn't have done. This is the time to take practical steps on how to recover your cars. A whole lot of due diligence was not done b4 the vehicle was given out. I am into transport business in Abuja too, and I usually advise those who want to do transport business in Abuja on steps to take to avoid stories like this. Anyway, we will talk more on watsapp and let's see what happens. Please, just try to be calm, because you will need this calmness in order to think straight.
Re: Transport Business Almost Gone Bad by johnugwu: 4:23pm On May 17, 2016
RollingFellas:

Wow! Sir, I can understand how you feel. This is not the best time to cry and wail on what you should or shouldn't have done. This is the time to take practical steps on how to recover your cars. A whole lot of due diligence was not done b4 the vehicle was given out. I am into transport business in Abuja too, and I usually advise those who want to do transport business in Abuja on steps to take to avoid stories like this. Anyway, we will talk more on watsapp and let's see what happens. Please, just try to be calm, because you will need this calmness in order to think straight.

Thanks man. My mother nearly get bP when she heard it today. i have to lie to her that all is well.
Re: Transport Business Almost Gone Bad by 9ja4show: 4:36pm On May 17, 2016
The mistake has been done, you will eventually see your car because its not something he can just pocket just like that.

You would have asked for a strong family relation of his as guarantor. All the best though.
Re: Transport Business Almost Gone Bad by johnugwu: 4:45pm On May 17, 2016
9ja4show:
The mistake has been done, you will eventually see your car because its not something he can just pocket just like that.

You would have asked for a strong family relation of his as guarantor. All the best though.

Thanks bro. I was plain naive or silly. But i learnt my lesson. The issue is what is the way forward

1 Like

Re: Transport Business Almost Gone Bad by Pidggin(f): 4:52am On May 18, 2016
Inform the police about this situation
Re: Transport Business Almost Gone Bad by johnugwu: 9:57am On May 18, 2016
Pidggin:
Inform the police about this situation

Thanks dear i am working on that. Just learnt he has left Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Transport Business Almost Gone Bad by johnugwu: 10:04am On May 18, 2016
Thanks RollingFellas. I am following up on what we discussed. One of his friend just informed me that it seems the guy has left Abj. I know it will get better.
Re: Transport Business Almost Gone Bad by johnugwu: 12:00pm On Jun 18, 2016
I was informed by the police that one out of the four cars has been recovered. I am paying dearly for blind trust. Abiodun Ajiboye may you not be able to feed well in life. You made me look stupid and clueless.
Re: Transport Business Almost Gone Bad by mashnino(m): 8:08pm On Jun 18, 2016
RollingFellas:

Bros please drop some hints for us too that want to join the Biz

might not necessarily be in abuja

bit no knowledge is wasted.

thanks
Re: Transport Business Almost Gone Bad by Nobody: 7:48am On Jun 21, 2016
johnugwu:
Dear Nairalanders

Thanks

Transport business is not for the subtle. The drivers are the toughest set of people to handle. So be strong and go after your sweat with strict sense of seriousness.

Involve legal professional and law enforcement authorities. Mind you, this may not sound palatable but losing greater part of your investment is imminent.
Re: Transport Business Almost Gone Bad by johnugwu: 5:35pm On Jun 21, 2016
Okikiki:

Transport business is not for the subtle. The drivers are the toughest set of people to handle. So be strong and go after your sweat with strict sense of seriousness.

Involve legal professional and law enforcement authorities. Mind you, this may not sound palatable but losing greater part of your investment is imminent.

You are right man. I will go after him the hard way if possible. They are really mean and i mean MEAN.

Thanks Man

1 Like

Re: Transport Business Almost Gone Bad by damola1: 11:44pm On Jun 27, 2016
johnugwu:

You are right man. I will go after him the hard way if possible. They are really mean and i mean MEAN.
Thanks Man

And make sure you spend chinkini money to follow the guy enter kirikiri.
Re: Transport Business Almost Gone Bad by johnugwu: 10:24am On Jul 14, 2016
This is the picture of the Abiodun ajiboye. This was the guy i gave 4 cars to as taxi. He sold them and disappeared. The Police are on the hunt for him. If you know him please let me know.

(1) (Reply)

Forex, Stocks Or Binary Options Trading. / Why Is Dropshipping Not Working Or Popular In Nigeria? / Diamond Project Business Summit Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.