Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Fireworks In Saraki’s Trial: Defence Accused Of Over Burdening Witness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fireworks In Saraki’s Trial: Defence Accused Of Over Burdening Witness (1203 Views)

Your Son, Ngige Would Have Been In Saraki's Position - Presidency Blames Igbos / Director Ojo In Saraki's Range Rover Scandal Was Promoted Above His Seniors - SR / Saraki’s Trial Splits APC; Senior Member Blasts Party Leaders For ‘keeping Quiet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fireworks In Saraki’s Trial: Defence Accused Of Over Burdening Witness by solar2005(m): 6:30pm On May 17, 2016
There were fireworks in Senate President Bukola Saraki's fraud trial at the Code of Conduct Tribunal, CCT, on Tuesday according to a report from The News.

Chairman of the Tribunal, Mr. Danladi Umar had to ask the defence counsels, led by Mr. Kanu Agabi (SAN) to be more tidy in the cross examination of the witness, Micheal Wetkas, the report said.

"The defence has been cross examining the witness for four weeks now. But this did not stop the defence from continuing with the long drawn cross examination, an action which forced Jacobs to stand up to interrupt the proceedings many times," the report said.
When Paul Usoro, SAN who was doing the cross examination was going on dwelling on the description of the houses, Jacob intervened arguing that Usoro have already spent two days on this description.

“He is over burdening the witness. I will call a witness who know about it to come and give evidence,” Jacobs objected.

However, Usoro said his cross examination was to show that the No 15 McDonald which the prosecution claimed is one property is actually four different buildings.

According to him, there was no 15A and 15b McDonald, Ikoyi bought by the defendant in year 2000, different from No 15 and Block 15 flats 1-4 which were sold by FG in 2006. Rotimi however replied that if there is any confusion, it was caused by Saraki himself who described it in various ways in his Assets Declaration Form.
http://www.sofreedomains.com/2016/05/fireworks-in-sarakis-trial-defence.html
Re: Fireworks In Saraki’s Trial: Defence Accused Of Over Burdening Witness by DaBullIT(m): 7:11pm On May 17, 2016
So all other houses and descriptions as given by witness was true but they are worried about just one building ?

That's why i hate lawyers

1 Like

Re: Fireworks In Saraki’s Trial: Defence Accused Of Over Burdening Witness by moshmusth(m): 8:03pm On May 17, 2016
Re: Fireworks In Saraki’s Trial: Defence Accused Of Over Burdening Witness by lafex: 8:19pm On May 17, 2016
Saraki is so desperate to stay as the senate president but weither he likes it or he must leave and in jail soonest IN SHA ALLAH

2 Likes

Re: Fireworks In Saraki’s Trial: Defence Accused Of Over Burdening Witness by sholatour(m): 6:04am On May 18, 2016
DaBullIT:
So all other houses and descriptions as given by witness was true but they are worried about just one building ?
That's why i hate lawyers
Re: Fireworks In Saraki’s Trial: Defence Accused Of Over Burdening Witness by otukpo(f): 6:15am On May 18, 2016
I laugh at the desperation of some people.

Is saraki now the problem of the masses?

Is saraki the reason we are having constant darkness in Nigeria?

Is saraki the reason pms is now officially 145 and still sold at 180-200 naira in filing stations even in Lagos?

Is saraki the reason prizes of food stuffs have gone up by about 100%?

Is Saraki the reason PMS is still scarce?

Is Saraki the reason the naira is now 385 to a dollar?

Saraki is obiviously not my problem.

2 Likes

Re: Fireworks In Saraki’s Trial: Defence Accused Of Over Burdening Witness by Validated: 6:20am On May 18, 2016
The case on 15 McDonald is DEAD! Let the prosecution move to another issue.
The problem with EFCC is that they do very shabby jobs and any good lawyer will always floor them.
Re: Fireworks In Saraki’s Trial: Defence Accused Of Over Burdening Witness by Jazzlite: 6:40am On May 18, 2016
otukpo:

Is saraki the reason pms is now officially 145 and still sold at 180-200 naira in filing stations even in Lagos?

Saraki is obviously not my problem.
Saraki is also NOT my problem. But the system that allowed him perpetrate such!

1 Like

Re: Fireworks In Saraki’s Trial: Defence Accused Of Over Burdening Witness by MilanGuy: 7:21am On May 18, 2016
otukpo:

If the kitchen is too hot, quietly get the hell out.You can try Libya, Chad, or Gabon if Nigeria is frustrating your life

Re: Fireworks In Saraki’s Trial: Defence Accused Of Over Burdening Witness by koboko69: 8:12am On May 18, 2016
[s]
otukpo:

[/s]

If Saraki is not your problem, we don't need your inputs on threads like this.

If by now u don't know Nigeria is facing all this for just one simple reason. Oil price......
Should his predecessor have saved alone, and not allowed some people sit down like they want to have dinner, and share our dollars the situation would have been better than this. Or should we have continued with a govt that was already borrowing to pay salariea with oil @ 57usd. ?
Re: Fireworks In Saraki’s Trial: Defence Accused Of Over Burdening Witness by solar2005(m): 9:38am On May 18, 2016
Re: Fireworks In Saraki’s Trial: Defence Accused Of Over Burdening Witness by sholatour(m): 1:12pm On May 18, 2016
Re: Fireworks In Saraki’s Trial: Defence Accused Of Over Burdening Witness by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 1:39pm On May 18, 2016
koboko69:
[s]

If by now u don't know Nigeria is facing all this for just one simple reason. Oil price......
Should his predecessor have saved alone, and not allowed some people sit down like they want to have dinner, and share our dollars the situation would have been better than this. Or should we have continued with a govt that was already borrowing to pay salariea with oil @ 57usd. ?
[/s]
Nonsense what of the uk report on Amaechi?
Re: Fireworks In Saraki’s Trial: Defence Accused Of Over Burdening Witness by sholatour(m): 2:39pm On May 18, 2016
angry
TheDEVlLHimseIf:
[s][/s] Nonsense what of the uk report on Amaechi?
Re: Fireworks In Saraki’s Trial: Defence Accused Of Over Burdening Witness by otukpo(f): 2:46pm On May 18, 2016
koboko69:
[s][/s]

Oga, no vex O.

But its common saying that a man whose house is burning should not be pursuing rats.
Re: Fireworks In Saraki’s Trial: Defence Accused Of Over Burdening Witness by sholatour(m): 8:59pm On May 18, 2016

(1) (Reply)

See Wat Lady Who Taught Her Kid How 2 Use Condom Said Abt Her 22yr Old Boyfriend / BREAKING: Militants Blow Up Oil Pipeline In Delta / ‎PDP, OBJ, Yar’adua,jonathan’s Reckless Decisions,cause Of Recession-apc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.