Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,029 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

Subsidy Protest: SE Refuse To Protest. Why? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Protest: SE Refuse To Protest. Why? (4252 Views)

Recap: 2012 Subsidy Protest, 12 Killed, Cnn Office Raided / Lauretta Onochie During Fuel Subsidy Protest In 2012 (Throwback Photos) / Do You Remember The Boy That Died In The First Subsidy Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy Protest: SE Refuse To Protest. Why? by ERockson: 3:50pm On May 18, 2016
Another Iboo man, Ajero has sold NLC to FG by reaching an agreement with them by agreeing on #145 per litre. Some ibos say they can't protest because Ngige is the minister for labour.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Protest: SE Refuse To Protest. Why? by Iykopeeee: 4:00pm On May 18, 2016
victorvezx:

Is that so? But why are igbos not among the richest people in the zoo, why does the south east looks like a shithole, why is it the most underdeveloped region in Nigeria. If u claim u don't believe in the zoo, ur people suppose to leave every part of the zoo in their millions and return to ur 5 state shithole Biafra. Losers grin grin

Sharrap there clodpole. U cudn't read and comprehend my post before running ur drooling mouth. The zoo is a shithole generally. U wanna doubt it? Just one rich man doesnt translate to everybody is rich and this is why ur people are protesting against fuel price hike. Now hide ur face.

11 Likes

Re: Subsidy Protest: SE Refuse To Protest. Why? by proeast(m): 4:02pm On May 18, 2016
victorvezx:

Is that so? But why are igbos not among the richest people in the zoo, why does the south east looks like a shithole, why is it the most underdeveloped region in Nigeria. If u claim u don't believe in the zoo, ur people suppose to leave every part of the zoo in their millions and return to ur 5 state shithole Biafra. Losers grin grin
Who the hell is this guy pouring spit everywhere?? Dude ignorance is not bliss! Richest people? ok I get it, people like Alakija, Dangote, Obj, Ibb, Abacha family etc, the same people that crookedly cornered the collective wealth of Nigerians for themselves & immediate family living you dirt poor are the ones you are celebrating? smh, have you been to the East before? MDG's have been met in the East & Eastern cities/rural areas are far better than elsewhere in Nigeria. I have lived in the North & West so I know what i'm saying. again you want them to stay in the East when Lagos has remained the only gateway in Nigeria.

21 Likes

Re: Subsidy Protest: SE Refuse To Protest. Why? by greatiyk4u(m): 4:08pm On May 18, 2016
victorvezx:

A personal visit to South-East states will liberate you from ignorance.

17 Likes

Re: Subsidy Protest: SE Refuse To Protest. Why? by stzy(m): 4:15pm On May 18, 2016
victorvezx:

E Pain am!!!
I would hav loved to bring fact but browse top five richest people or top ten and compare number of Yorubas n Ibos

With that said

Everything about this administration gets cold shoulders from Ibos

Almost everything that makes southeast is either under state or privately owned. So u can feel that little presence of feds.

We are by nature, travellers... There are Europeans living in ur state, does that mean that ur place is better than theirs.

Petrol has never been scarce in d east n we're accustomed to high price since November so y will we lose Billions of Naira to protest 4 a lost cause.

If not for zombiesm we would have gotten pass this level a long time ago.

15 Likes

Re: Subsidy Protest: SE Refuse To Protest. Why? by csamii: 4:30pm On May 18, 2016
greatiyk4u:

Allow that tw@t to keep dancing in his ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Protest: SE Refuse To Protest. Why? by Lessonteacher(f): 4:58pm On May 18, 2016
DaBullIT:
Bbecause they don't know what they want

A few sensible ones among them will stand by the truth , the others will do follow follow even if they don't know what it's about

Independent thinking scarce for that area

and FYI , not all SW states and not most , You can't compare the GEJ's subsidy protest with this one , even NLC is disappointed

This hot sun + Purewater @#20 , Angry police officers , Even i would not take that risk
what you stated here just described yoruba nation perfectly well

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Protest: SE Refuse To Protest. Why? by victorvezx(m): 7:00pm On May 18, 2016
greatiyk4u:

Loser, I won't blame u. Because u re from the east, it's normal to defend ur region on social media, even when u know d east is underdeveloped. U won't see the truth in it. No wonder u self-acclaimed Jews are the only tribe who travel a lot simply because ur region is s shithole for investors.
Re: Subsidy Protest: SE Refuse To Protest. Why? by victorvezx(m): 7:04pm On May 18, 2016
It's not because of ur Biafra shit. The truth is that the east are not politically relevant. Even the minority south south people are more relevant than them, that is why they are dieing to have an alliance with the south south. When I was in Lagos and Abuja, I hardly here of any news from there on tv. Please can someone tell me how this people have prospered politically in Nigeria ?

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Protest: SE Refuse To Protest. Why? by greatiyk4u(m): 7:09pm On May 18, 2016
victorvezx:

Loser, I won't blame u. Because u re from the east, it's normal to defend ur region on social media, even when u know d east is underdeveloped. U won't see the truth in it. No wonder u self-acclaimed Jews are the only tribe who travel a lot simply because ur region is s shithole for investors.

U lack exposure................so painful you are comfortable with your brown roof slum,

7 Likes

Re: Subsidy Protest: SE Refuse To Protest. Why? by chiefobdk(m): 7:16pm On May 18, 2016
proeast:
Is it not obvious that Igbos have lost interest in Nigeria? Truely, the strike is almost inexistent here in the East & the reason is not far-fetched, Igbos want the rest of Nigeria to enjoy their change, they were never part of it! Yes, you might argue that we all are in this sh!t together but then they have resigned to fate!!

fate wish is favourable
Re: Subsidy Protest: SE Refuse To Protest. Why? by chiefobdk(m): 7:21pm On May 18, 2016
victorvezx:

e pain am

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Protest: SE Refuse To Protest. Why? by PFRB: 7:29pm On May 18, 2016
Actually 145 per liter is a reduction for the SE people. They have been buying fuel at 160 and 180. During the scarcity they bought at 250 and 300. So the 145 price is actually a price reduction for the Se people.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Protest: SE Refuse To Protest. Why? by OBAFEMIawolowo: 7:38pm On May 18, 2016
Some folks are funny
If southeast protest, they will say it's because the hate buhari
If southeast didn't protest, they will say its because they don't know what they want.

Is it not obvious that southeast is not interested in anything Nigeria? If you think I'm lying, organize a Biafra protest and see how the turnout will look like. And besides, you voted buhari, you should protest against his government, States like akwa ibom, rivers, cross rivers no even send una.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Protest: SE Refuse To Protest. Why? by Zellie: 7:40pm On May 18, 2016
Why should they join.... No be una want change? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Protest: SE Refuse To Protest. Why? by OBAFEMIawolowo: 7:42pm On May 18, 2016
victorvezx:
It's not because of ur Biafra shit. The truth is that the east are not politically relevant. Even the minority south south people are more relevant than them, that is why they are dieing to have an alliance with the south south. When I was in Lagos and Abuja, I hardly here of any news from there on tv. Please can someone tell me how this people have prospered politically in Nigeria ?
if you will be truthful to yourself, you will know that the east is in one way or the other responsible for the difficulties in this administration. You cannot say they are irrelevant, majority of Easterners don't take Nigeria serious.

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Protest: SE Refuse To Protest. Why? by OBAFEMIawolowo: 7:44pm On May 18, 2016
PFRB:
Actually 145 per liter is a reduction for the SE people. They have been buying fuel at 160 and 180. During the scarcity they bought at 250 and 300. So the 145 price is actually a price reduction for the Se people.
stop saying rubbish, duel sold for 100/105 in the east before now.
Re: Subsidy Protest: SE Refuse To Protest. Why? by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:03pm On May 18, 2016
Abeg no insults needed. I don't really see the need why they should join the strike. They've been buying it at higher price and now you brought it down to #145, I think they should even be thanking Buhari for that, though I don't know if the filling stations over there will follow it. Left to me, people in the S.E don't really need much assistance from the federal government since they provide almost everything themselves. I believe thats the reason they've been indifferent to most government policies (Note: I be Igbo boy)

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Protest: SE Refuse To Protest. Why? by revolt(m): 8:44pm On May 18, 2016
ERockson:
2012 it was SW that voiced out ,SE kept quiet because they saw GEJ as their own then. don't understand the reason for not protesting this one.
Igbo's are progressive ppl. We don't make decisions based on tribalism and bigotry, we are rational and sensible. We were virtually the only Nigerians that knew the implication of the subsidy removal in 2012 and supported it. Now sw knew the benefits and advantages but for the sake of bigotry and tribalism, they went enmass to fight a good policy that would have saved us from this mess. Even if the se doesn't support buhari if his policies are progressive we will give him credit. Simply shows how retrogressive you ppl can be. No wonder una vote ambode over jimi agbaje cos Igbo's supported jimi, even when we all clearly knew he was the better candidate. How lousy can ppl be sef

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Subsidy Protest: SE Refuse To Protest. Why? by gidgiddy: 8:59pm On May 18, 2016
ERockson:
We have seen protest from almost all states of the SW but not yet much from the SE. Hypocrisy or cowardice?

What is happening in the zoo isn't of much interest to us

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Protest: SE Refuse To Protest. Why? by ElCount: 9:22pm On May 18, 2016
victorvezx:
You are really dumb. From your analogy one can really deduce that you are not intelligent.

What do you mean by minority SS people? Do you even know the tribes that make up the SS?

What has political relevance got to do with the success of a region? That argument has been stale for eons now. The logic does not follow especially in the nigerian setting

Are you a nigerian? If yes do you mind me asking how old are you?

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Protest: SE Refuse To Protest. Why? by innochris78: 9:49pm On May 18, 2016
Bcus SE gave baba 5% votes
Re: Subsidy Protest: SE Refuse To Protest. Why? by SonOfEl(m): 11:23pm On May 18, 2016
What do you cowards want from Igbos? If we protest, you will talk, if we don't, you will still talk. Are we this important?

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Protest: SE Refuse To Protest. Why? by Ofodirinwa: 3:34am On May 19, 2016
Re: Subsidy Protest: SE Refuse To Protest. Why? by iHustle(m): 3:56am On May 19, 2016
ERockson:
2012 it was SW that voiced out ,SE kept quiet because they saw GEJ as their own then. don't understand the reason for not protesting this one.

The reason was and is, Igbos understand that subsidy needs to go. But the fraudulent Nigerian intellectuals and hypocrites that danced in Ojota, are busy sitting on their hands right now.
Re: Subsidy Protest: SE Refuse To Protest. Why? by Exponental(m): 4:04am On May 19, 2016
Why protest when they don't buy less than #150 when it was #86.50! To them, same noni!
Re: Subsidy Protest: SE Refuse To Protest. Why? by blaqoracle: 5:09am On May 19, 2016
Yorubasgreat:

Ebonyi is more Igbo than you are Yoruba..

Cos Yorubas are more intelligent than this ur nasty behavior..
ebonyi has long renounced and denounced Igbo.
Re: Subsidy Protest: SE Refuse To Protest. Why? by Ilovemystate: 5:23am On May 19, 2016
blaqoracle:
ebonyi has long renounced and denounced Igbo.
grin grin can you show us link or video were Ebonyi indigenes or Government renounce or denounce Igbo If you don't I'll show you more than five links Ijebus renounced and denounced Yoruba

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uche Mefor Please Listen And Listen Good / Never Let Peter Obi Be President / I Disown Nigeria And Denounce My Citizenship

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.