Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,761 members, 7,809,925 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

Recap: 2012 Subsidy Protest, 12 Killed, Cnn Office Raided - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recap: 2012 Subsidy Protest, 12 Killed, Cnn Office Raided (1311 Views)

Tony Anenih's Daughter Owns The Apartment Raided By EFCC - Sahara Reporters / Lauretta Onochie During Fuel Subsidy Protest In 2012 (Throwback Photos) / Patience Jonathan Spotted In A Happy Mood After Her Abuja House Was Raided. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recap: 2012 Subsidy Protest, 12 Killed, Cnn Office Raided by obiageIi(f): 11:46am On Feb 04, 2017
As we look forward to monday's protest, i thought we should look back at what happened in 2012.
I am really interested in how tgis government will handle this protest, i have always been worried about the actions of our security agencies under buhari, they seem to have lost their minds.

Now the recap

12 people killed
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/12-killed-as-subsidy-protests-turn-bloody/&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwi768vvnPbRAhXExFQKHZKLA_wQFggWMAg&usg=AFQjCNHxtrrTEPGiLCJh-aT64--JhVa0rw

Re: Recap: 2012 Subsidy Protest, 12 Killed, Cnn Office Raided by obiageIi(f): 11:49am On Feb 04, 2017
Also, a batch of plain-cloth security invaded the offices of the CNN Lagos today apparently to prevent the cable news channel from beaming reports sympathetic to the Occupy protesters. The SSs also raided the offices of the BBC and briefly arrested Christian Purefoy (formerly of CNN) and later released him as he told them he no longer works with CNN. The CNN visiting correspendent Nima Elbagir has been invited by the SSS to their Kingsway road office in Ikoyi Lagos.

http://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.nairaland.com/847315/soldiers-shoot-disperse-occupy-protesters&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwi768vvnPbRAhXExFQKHZKLA_wQFggUMAc&usg=AFQjCNH0-o3AfmK4LKWwBwesc2kiNDNfNw
Re: Recap: 2012 Subsidy Protest, 12 Killed, Cnn Office Raided by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:51am On Feb 04, 2017
Most of the pained election losers otherwise known as IPOB miscreants, just bought phones immediately the Man Hate Became President.

How else does one expect a normal human being with workable cells in his brain, to be calling the most corrupt man in Nigeria-A man who supervised the unparalleled looting of our common patrimony..A Hero??

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Recap: 2012 Subsidy Protest, 12 Killed, Cnn Office Raided by obiageIi(f): 11:55am On Feb 04, 2017
Let's hope and pray there will be no lives lost and no media clampdown as nigerians protest bad leadership on monday 6th of febuary.
Lalasticlala pls move this to the frontpage
Re: Recap: 2012 Subsidy Protest, 12 Killed, Cnn Office Raided by sainty2k3(m): 11:56am On Feb 04, 2017
We need to start thinking how we can ensure independence of security agencies
Same brutality of military, police ND DSs under Jonathan ,persists if not worse under this present regime. This must stop
Re: Recap: 2012 Subsidy Protest, 12 Killed, Cnn Office Raided by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:59am On Feb 04, 2017
sainty2k3:
We need to start thinking how we can ensure independence of security agencies
Same brutality of military, police ND DSs under Jonathan ,persists if not worse under this present regime. This must stop
Re: Recap: 2012 Subsidy Protest, 12 Killed, Cnn Office Raided by dunkem21(m): 12:00pm On Feb 04, 2017
^^ We are here .. Let us digest and break the propaganda into pieces ..

Ka m biakwa.
Re: Recap: 2012 Subsidy Protest, 12 Killed, Cnn Office Raided by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:00pm On Feb 04, 2017
dunkem21:
cheesy

Why are you booking spaces?

Why not conduct your yeye poll here as usual?

angry angry Hypocrites!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recap: 2012 Subsidy Protest, 12 Killed, Cnn Office Raided by Thewrath(m): 12:04pm On Feb 04, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
Most of the pained election losers otherwise known as IPOB miscreants, just bought phones immediately the Man Hate Became President.

How else does one expect a normal human being with workable cells in his brain, to be calling the most corrupt man in Nigeria-A man who supervised the unparalleled looting of our common patrimony..A Hero??
This protest has gone beyond gej,ipob,2015 election or pdp....all these blind support will not make you buy dollar/fuel at a subsidized rate,face facts and get a different job!

3 Likes

Re: Recap: 2012 Subsidy Protest, 12 Killed, Cnn Office Raided by Eggheader101: 12:05pm On Feb 04, 2017
obiageIi:
Let's hope and pray there will be no lives lost and no media clampdown as nigerians protest bad leadership on monday 6th of febuary.
Lalasticlala pls move this to the frontpage
mrs obiageli ogbu............... urs plans and prayer to make this protest a flop will not work.you should be busy praying to God to save ur marriage that is about to collapse.this is one of the reason ur husband is threatening to dump you.you cant take care of ur children not even ur husband.you are online 24/7 lamenting about protest that has nothing to do with you.take care of ur family madam.ina emezi ka-ona ibughi onye igbo .ur family first before nigeria nwanyi oma.inugo?

6 Likes

Re: Recap: 2012 Subsidy Protest, 12 Killed, Cnn Office Raided by obiageIi(f): 12:06pm On Feb 04, 2017
dunkem21:
^^ We are here .. Let us digest and break the propaganda into pieces ..

Ka m biakwa.
12 innocent souls propaganda?
Re: Recap: 2012 Subsidy Protest, 12 Killed, Cnn Office Raided by obiageIi(f): 12:08pm On Feb 04, 2017
Eggheader101:
mrs obiageli ogbu............... urs plans and prayer to make this protest a flop will not work.you should be busy praying to God to save ur marriage that is about to collapse.this is one of the reason ur husband is threatening to dump you.you cant take care of ur children not even ur husband.you are online 24/7 lamenting about protest that has nothing to do with you.take care of ur family madam.ina emezi ka-ona ibughi onye igbo .ur family first before nigeria nwanyi oma.inugo?
Are you in anyway related to kemi olulonyo?

2 Likes

Re: Recap: 2012 Subsidy Protest, 12 Killed, Cnn Office Raided by sweerychick(f): 12:10pm On Feb 04, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

seems IPOB is your oxygen because I think you can't live a day without mentioning them. And your obsession with GEJ is really driving you insane undecided

4 Likes

Re: Recap: 2012 Subsidy Protest, 12 Killed, Cnn Office Raided by dunkem21(m): 12:11pm On Feb 04, 2017
Re: Recap: 2012 Subsidy Protest, 12 Killed, Cnn Office Raided by Eggheader101: 12:12pm On Feb 04, 2017
obiageIi:

Are you in anyway related to kemi olulonyo?
Nop.i am just a concerned brother.and dont go that lane of you not knowing what i am saying.cos you dont know who is behind this handle.i can really mess you up if you fvck up
Re: Recap: 2012 Subsidy Protest, 12 Killed, Cnn Office Raided by dunkem21(m): 12:15pm On Feb 04, 2017
I am out of this thread ..turned awry already.
Re: Recap: 2012 Subsidy Protest, 12 Killed, Cnn Office Raided by Eggheader101: 12:20pm On Feb 04, 2017
ThatIgboBoy:

Biko mess her up before she screams to the mod to ban u. Spill all the sleazy details nwanne
she is our sister.we just have to be easy on her
Re: Recap: 2012 Subsidy Protest, 12 Killed, Cnn Office Raided by obiageIi(f): 12:21pm On Feb 04, 2017
dunkem21:
I am out of this thread ..turned awry already.
You nor dey go anywhere until you breakdown the "propaganda"
Re: Recap: 2012 Subsidy Protest, 12 Killed, Cnn Office Raided by obiageIi(f): 12:24pm On Feb 04, 2017
ThatIgboBoy:

Biko mess her up before she screams to the mod to ban u. Spill all the sleazy details nwanne
Lalasticlala take this thread to the frontpage like the other 2012 protest threads. The 'derailers' are here
Re: Recap: 2012 Subsidy Protest, 12 Killed, Cnn Office Raided by dunkem21(m): 12:25pm On Feb 04, 2017
obiageIi:

You nor dey go anywhere until you breakdown the "propaganda"

I have already .. just edited my posts.

You know I don't like this kain thread wey dem dey talk about person especially someone as dear as you.

If you check my comments, I have been advising Tuface to dump this idea because of blood shed.
Re: Recap: 2012 Subsidy Protest, 12 Killed, Cnn Office Raided by Eazybay(m): 12:31pm On Feb 04, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

IPOB no join d protest na U've been saying dis 4 how long? Abg give it a rest
Re: Recap: 2012 Subsidy Protest, 12 Killed, Cnn Office Raided by sweerychick(f): 12:32pm On Feb 04, 2017
CHIJIOKE1314:

The guy is a bloody coward and an universal slowpoke...

His hate for Igbos is driving him insane, very soon he will occupy the junction of his dilapidated yard naked..
too much hate is bad my dear, I've never seen such a person that will almost link if not all her misfortune on IPOB undecided
Re: Recap: 2012 Subsidy Protest, 12 Killed, Cnn Office Raided by obiageIi(f): 12:33pm On Feb 04, 2017
dunkem21:

I have already .. just edited my posts.

You know I don't like this kain thread wey dem dey talk about person especially someone as dear as you.

If you check my comments, I have been advising Tuface to dump this idea because of blood shed.

I will personally join the protest should the police or army attack any of the protesters, i spoke against it under gej, i will do same under buhari.

Ignore the empty heads above, all it takes is the report button but, that will be costing me feck that i don't have to give

Re: Recap: 2012 Subsidy Protest, 12 Killed, Cnn Office Raided by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:41pm On Feb 04, 2017
lalasticlala and Seun we should be fair to both sides...thank you!
Re: Recap: 2012 Subsidy Protest, 12 Killed, Cnn Office Raided by anibi9674: 12:49pm On Feb 04, 2017
why are you telling us how many people that were killed, are you planing to kill more this time around so as to justify your killing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hilarious Tweet About LAUTECH Comp Sci Graduate Who Couldn't Create Comp Folder / Southeast Political Caucus Free Kanu To Unite Nigeria / Anambra Elections Boycott: Nnamdi Kanu Is Right About One Thing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.