Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,822 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing (34585 Views)

Vincent Izunna And Valentine Ewudo: Twin Brothers Who Are Both Nurses In US / Ghanaian Trainee Nurses Dance After Their Allowances Were Restored / A Doctor Reveals The Only Thing That Truly Separates Doctors From Nurses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by DandyWalker(m): 8:57am On May 19, 2016
It's obvious this was written by a foreign nurse. There is no undertone of bitterness against doctors, as opposed to the one that could av been written by a Nigerian nurse. Nice write up.
Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by dubbiskelly(m): 9:03am On May 19, 2016
Evina:
Nurses in Nigeria, especially the Government owned hospitals are HORRIBLE!

They are rude, temperamental, unwilling to help and act like you owe them a huge favor- on top money wey you dey pay!

Don't tell me they are human too! That's cow dung cos the profession is service to humanity and YOU OUGHT TO KNOW THAT BEFORE CHOOSING TO BE PART OF SUCH NOBLE PROFESSION!

Truly, many go into it ONLY as a last resort!
Last resort you say? Well I don't know about others but I speak for myself. Nursing was never a last resort for me, I actually gained admission into the university immediately after my sec school but I had to drop it midway into the first semester to go to a nursing school. Do I need mention what a ride it has been?

1 Like

Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by Nobody: 9:03am On May 19, 2016
flawlessT:
Yes some patients and clients are soooo annoying buh den,i owe dem my best so I only ignore dem by not even talking back cus most of dem are like dah due to wat dey are passing thru @ dah moment...I told masef dah I want to be a good Nurse just like ma grandma grin

Please check your conscience and hope u are sincere because most nurses I know talk back @ d slightest instance am yet to see a different one. But if u really don't kudos my sister. God bless
Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by SirVintageCock: 9:03am On May 19, 2016
Evina:
Nurses in Nigeria, especially the Government owned hospitals are HORRIBLE!

They are rude, temperamental, unwilling to help and act like you owe them a huge favor- on top money wey you dey pay!

Don't tell me they are human too! That's cow dung cos the profession is service to humanity and YOU OUGHT TO KNOW THAT BEFORE CHOOSING TO BE PART OF SUCH NOBLE PROFESSION!

Truly, many go into it ONLY as a last resort!
Change your attitudes if you want to be treated like a human being. I have never seen nice people treated like sh!ts especially in Nigerian hospitals. If you behave like a lousy loudmouthed proud assho!e I will be clapping for them when they wash you down.
You make it sound as if entering any nursing school is a walk in the park. No Nigeria nursing school pays below 100k/annum and the waiting list here is terrible.
Stop with the armchair fables and fallacies about a profession you know nothing about. Make your research and stop spewing ignorantly on a public forum.
Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by chigoizie7(m): 9:06am On May 19, 2016
jagojunior:

How can you say "There is no exception here Sis"?
Have you met all Nigerian nurses?

FYI, I Have never had a patient complained about how badly I cared for him/her, in fact they are always finding ways to stay in touch with me afterwards. I know few patients and their relatives who are studying nursing right now cos of their encounter with me. I also know many nurses that are like and even better than myself. The new generational nurses are having sleepless nights because of the bad public image of nursing in Nigeria, Nursing World Nigeria readily comes to mind.

Please, don't be in a haste to generalize on an issue next time, bad generalization is an issue we have been battling in nursing (especially in Nigeria).
Of course, many are speaking from series of bad personal experiences. Nevertheless, there is an ongoing in-house cleansing to give y'all the very best in the nearest future. Renew your faith in us, Nursing shall get it right someday.

Shalom!

By exception here, I mean, with regards to both "private and public" hospitals and not the individual nurses.

Maybe u always skip to the parts where is use "SOME", even in my earlier posts on this very thread.

I pray we all get it right someday.

Shalom
Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by jerayme: 9:12am On May 19, 2016
In 2013 the number of applicants that applied for nursing in UNN surpassed every other course except for law.
Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by TheArchangel(f): 9:16am On May 19, 2016
DandyWalker:
It's obvious this was written by a foreign nurse. There is no undertone of bitterness against doctors, as opposed to the one that could av been written by a Nigerian nurse. Nice write up.

How would you know of the supposed bitterness when you are not a nurse?
Being in your lane and thinking of what someone think of you even to the point of obsession. Isn't it the classical definition of delusion?
This is what nurses has to put up with everyday. People comes in with an already made up biased mind to tackle nurses because of the perceived grouses and ill feelings they had based on the numerous concocted stories they heard about nurses. Why not ask for the nurse's license and have him/her queried instead of this everyday sobstories?
Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by Davedoz(m): 9:24am On May 19, 2016
All these things you guys are saying about nurses is not true oooo. Where I work we are super nice!!!! And I think it is almost the same with most private hospitals. I think the rude nurses are the government hospital nurses(not all of them), the auxiliary nurses, and the old nurses(our mama them). I don't know why the old ones are rude sha. But you should know that they're also very rude to junior nurses like us. The is that, you can't be a nurse that graduated in this new millennium and be rude or harsh. Haba, we were thought to be nice. And believe it or not, patient and their relatives give us money and gifts a lot. "A nurse is rude, wicked and harsh" na before before oooo... Unless the nurse is a frustrated government worker or old or an auxiliary!!!!!! #ProudToBeANurse

2 Likes

Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by gboly3190(m): 9:26am On May 19, 2016
teekay213:
12)They like to fvck their cute patient.
you are bas_tard for making that statement

1 Like

Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by gboly3190(m): 9:26am On May 19, 2016
teekay213:
12)They like to fvck their cute patient.
you are a bas_tard for making that statement
Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by flawlessT(f): 9:56am On May 19, 2016
guymanDspecies:

Please check your conscience and hope u are sincere because most nurses I know talk back @ d slightest instance am yet to see a different one. But if u really don't kudos my sister. God bless
Personally,i hate it wen pple sout @ me or talk rudely @ me so I dnt even do it to any1 even wen I myt be hurt by some of their attitude,I just keep calm
Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by okrote4real: 10:29am On May 19, 2016
Nurses in Nigeria especially the ones in federal hospitals have horns. I have heard lots of cases where they tell women in labour to keep quiet " abi na we give you belle?' It is very rude. Though I have never used the government hospitals due to all these but the day wey e go happen eh...even PMB go know me. angry angry be-ach-es) suffer head nurseasses.
Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by Nobody: 10:29am On May 19, 2016
slowbreeze:
I remember my days in med skl,wen i had a nursing roomie..She was abt starting her preclinical courses(anatomy,physiology etc) & was asking of textbooks she could buy..I showed her d ones I used and in my honest opinion told her to ask her senior colleagues for the ones they specifically use(there's mathematics txtbook,engineering maths,statisics maths txtbk etc) cos dere myt b some career-specific data & differences.....
Na so I take find trouble...started talks on how dere is no difference in syllabus,who's more superior and all dat rubbish..
Well that was one in a million nurses,with serious complex issues..
Nursing is a dignified profession..Its not easy to be a healthcare provider.Jst be in their shoes and know ow far..

My sister you are not wrong oh. Was recently working somewhere and the nurse keeps claiming she did the same anatomy, physiology and biochemistry with doctors. When she now said pathology and pharmacology I didn't even know what to say again. They leave their days frustrated because the doctor is their competition. Just a shame

1 Like

Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by Amhappy(f): 10:34am On May 19, 2016
My mum is a nurse(retired) and she had never wanted to be a doctor. Fortunately my sister is a nurse and had also never wanted to be a doctor too,just wanted to be like mum. So that assumption is very incorrect.

Also i'm proud to say that mum practiced in Nigeria for 35years nicely and didn't maltreat her patients. I still get favours from people because of her actions and hope my sis follows suit. I have met good and bad (or should i say frustrated)nurses and doctors. However,i think to be a health care professional esp in Nigeria is a call to serve,if you enter there because of something else,you will end up being frustrated. The country Nigeria do not value Life and thus do not value the care givers.
Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by Nobody: 10:46am On May 19, 2016
dicefrost:

I don't know where you got your statistics from, but most of my colleagues had nursing as their first choice, including me. You guys like to live with the delusion that everyone wants to be a doctor. I wrote jamb twice, never for once did i apply for medicine. Same goes for many nurses i know. Those who even applied for medicine only did so for economic reason. Funny thing is in my uni back then, there are more applications for nursing than medicine. It is harder to get into nursing
you really know how to console urself
Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by Nobody: 10:52am On May 19, 2016
Good nurses make the best of lovers. A trial will convince you!
Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by steric58(m): 11:29am On May 19, 2016
sapiosexual1:

you really know how to console urself
what's your prob with nurses in the state hope u know u guys gat nothing to boost of nurses rules have seen doctors from nigeria that bcomes a nurse in the united state so shut the fvck up, we are never inferior to doctors.i love my profession and no going back so stop crying.u guys only gat ego Nuffing upstairs..
Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by sylve11: 11:29am On May 19, 2016
chigoizie7:

There is nothing like "career" in this country as far back as 25yrs ago to dis very moment.

What we all do is trying to survive.

strong words but you just stated the obvious. cool

1 Like

Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by delishpot: 11:29am On May 19, 2016
jagojunior:

How can you say "There is no exception here Sis"?
Have you met all Nigerian nurses?

FYI, I Have never had a patient complained about how badly I cared for him/her, in fact they are always finding ways to stay in touch with me afterwards. I know few patients and their relatives who are studying nursing right now cos of their encounter with me. I also know many nurses that are like and even better than myself. The new generational nurses are having sleepless nights because of the bad public image of nursing in Nigeria, Nursing World Nigeria readily comes to mind.

Please, don't be in a haste to generalize on an issue next time, bad generalization is an issue we have been battling in nursing (especially in Nigeria).
Of course, many are speaking from series of bad personal experiences. Nevertheless, there is an ongoing in-house cleansing to give y'all the very best in the nearest future. Renew your faith in us, Nursing shall get it right someday.

Shalom!

Haaaaaleeeeluuuyyyaaaahhhhhh. Nurses killed my Mother. Yes I said it. My mom was reacting to a Med a stupid idiotic doctor (whom if I curse I would say he should die as horribly as my Mom did) administered on her by in Ph(this doc was just busy chasing skirts up and down the hospital. He would leave a Ward round half way if he sees a pretty woman walk pass) . The stupid nurses on duty told my sister that the allergic reaction was a small price to pay for my Mon to get well. They sat there till the woman died. I hope the cleanup story is true.
Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by Evina(f): 12:33pm On May 19, 2016
hahn:

True. But you won't blame them much for "he who gets paid well, works well"

smiley

Bro. What happened to having dignity in one's labour?
Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by hahn(m): 12:39pm On May 19, 2016
Evina:

Bro. What happened to having dignity in one's labour?

Whoever came up with that quote must have done so after getting paid undecided
Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 19, 2016
Vibra:
Hmm.....
No one is saying anything good about nurses. It is unfair.
Life is generally unfair though but most of the people spoiling the profession are not professionals,Nurses are kind, they alleviate suffering,promote health and wellness.

Biko nairalanders,
Ema binu.

#nurseinmaking

My dear you guys are something else...

mine: In a private hospital after surgery, she was about to give me injection ( in the buttocks), as a man I am, I tried hesitating ( very very little hesitation), she immediately turned me over ('cos I was lying on the bed), and gave me this painful injection.... Una badt
Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by Evina(f): 1:10pm On May 19, 2016
dubbiskelly:

Last resort you say? Well I don't know about others but I speak for myself. Nursing was never a last resort for me, I actually gained admission into the university immediately after my sec school but I had to drop it midway into the first semester to go to a nursing school. Do I need mention what a ride it has been?

This is good.
Passion is good. It makes you go the extra mile.

Last resort in my earlier post because it is cheaper to train as a Nurse in comparison to obtaining a B.SC.
Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by Evina(f): 1:11pm On May 19, 2016
hahn:

Whoever came up with that quote must have done so after getting paid undecided

Hahahaha. cheesy

1 Like

Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by hahn(m): 1:13pm On May 19, 2016
Evina:

Hahahaha. cheesy

tongue

1 Like

Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 19, 2016
Oguguah:

My dear you guys are something else...

mine: In a private hospital after surgery, she was about to give me injection ( in the buttocks), as a man I am, I tried hesitating ( very very little hesitation), she immediately turned me over ('cos I was lying on the bed), and gave me this painful injection.... Una badt
Lol...
She isn't a nurse,she is an auxiliary
If she is a nurse, she would understand the term 'consent'
A nurse would not carry out any procedure without gaining it
Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by Evina(f): 1:34pm On May 19, 2016
SirVintageCock:
Change your attitudes if you want to be treated like a human being. I have never seen nice people treated like sh!ts especially in Nigerian hospitals. If you behave like a lousy loudmouthed proud assho!e I will be clapping for them when they wash you down.
You make it sound as if entering any nursing school is a walk in the park. No Nigeria nursing school pays below 100k/annum and the waiting list here is terrible.
Stop with the armchair fables and fallacies about a profession you know nothing about. Make your research and stop spewing ignorantly on a public forum.

See what I mean?

This is classic! HORRIBLE nurse!
So you will do your job ONLY if your patient has the "right" attitude? Imagine the excuse given? Imagine the mindset? You actually feel justified to display such unprofessional attitude?

You better quit if you're indeed a Nurse or pray not to meet my kind when you're on duty!

1 Like

Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by jagojunior(m): 1:50pm On May 19, 2016
delishpot:

Haaaaaleeeeluuuyyyaaaahhhhhh. Nurses killed my Mother. Yes I said it. My mom was reacting to a Med a stupid idiotic doctor (whom if I curse I would say he should die as horribly as my Mom did) administered on her by in Ph(this doc was just busy chasing skirts up and down the hospital. He would leave a Ward round half way if he sees a pretty woman walk pass) . The stupid nurses on duty told my sister that the allergic reaction was a small price to pay for my Mon to get well. They sat there till the woman died. I hope the cleanup story is true.

Hard luck to you and your family, may her soul continue to rest in peace. Amen. I really don't know what to say, I pray and work towards a better health team daily where every member is well equipped to do his/her part where & when necessary and gives utmost respect to other members of the team. My happiness is the work in progress and the zeal in this generational nurses to transform the profession for the betterment of the profession and everyone.

May God continue to comfort and replenish y'all for your lost. It's well
Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by jagojunior(m): 1:58pm On May 19, 2016
Evina:

This is good.

Last resort in my earlier post because it is cheaper to train as a Nurse in comparison to obtaining a B.SC.

You rely need to update your knowledge on Nurses training my dear.
There is and has been a training program for Bachelor of Nursing Science Certificate (B. N. Sc) in the Universities and it's for the duration of 5yrs plus a year internship program (ie 6yrs in total).

Drop from your high horse and get yourself equipped with relevant information before you brazenly showcase your ignorance consciously/unconsciously. A word they said is enough for the wise.

Shalom!
Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by Evina(f): 2:03pm On May 19, 2016
jagojunior:

You rely need to update your knowledge on Nursing training my dear.
There is and has been a training program for Bachelor of Nursing Science Certificate (B. N. Sc) in the Universities and it's for the duration of 5yrs with a 1yr internship program (ie 6yrs in total).

Drop from your high horse and get yourself equipped with relevant information before you brazenly showcase your ignorance consciously/unconsciously. A word they said is enough for the wise.

Shalom!

If you sense ignorance in a post and you have the needed knowledge to correct such ignorance, do it with all sense of humility.

Your response only affirms what I have earlier mentioned about Nigerian trained nurses! You are NO DIFFERENT!

And if I was wrong about your HORRIBLE attitude, you wouldn't feel so pained and be so defensive.
Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by jagojunior(m): 2:28pm On May 19, 2016
Evina:

If you sense ignorance in a post and you have the needed knowledge to correct such ignorance, do it with all sense of humility.

Your response only affirms what I have earlier mentioned about Nigerian trained nurses! You are NO DIFFERENT!

And if I was wrong about your HORRIBLE attitude, you wouldn't feel so pained and be so defensive.

As your lordship pleases, many have tried correcting you but deliberate attempt to hold unto what you neither know or sure of wouldn't allow you to quit and research.
Narcissistic personality wouldn't let go and here you are again trying to justify another self view about Nigerian nurses. Clap for yourself for winning.
You seriously need to work on yourself cos the fact that you are not a nurse doesn't justify your attitude (whether it's good or bad, decide that for yourself and do the needful).

Please, in the future when you crave to have an opinion on an issue and you feel there is need to defend such opinion irrespective of superior views, all you need to do is to be empowered through proper and relevant knowledge.

If you needed to know you should have rather asked. Teaching without readiness to learn equals negligible impact
Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by dubbiskelly(m): 2:29pm On May 19, 2016
Evina:

This is good.

My good friend, itz obvious your statements are based on inference rather than facts. Schools of nursing are much expensive than government universities. The last tution I paid back in 2007 was 70k+. Do your research well and get your facts right.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Things You Need To Survive In The Real World As A Nigerian Graduate / Tax Professionals Forum / Top Paying Law Firms In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.