Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,165 members, 7,811,375 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing (34588 Views)

Vincent Izunna And Valentine Ewudo: Twin Brothers Who Are Both Nurses In US / Ghanaian Trainee Nurses Dance After Their Allowances Were Restored / A Doctor Reveals The Only Thing That Truly Separates Doctors From Nurses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 19, 2016
Some of them are nice and do their job well but some others are annoying.
Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by Evina(f): 2:42pm On May 19, 2016
dubbiskelly:

My good friend, itz obvious your statements are based on inference rather than facts. Schools of nursing are much expensive than government universities. The last tution I paid back in 2007 was 70k+. Do your research well and get your facts right.

I won't argue about the cost because I indeed wasn't sure. But regarding the unprofessional service meted out to patients by your colleagues, you very well know I am totally correct!
Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by Evina(f): 2:47pm On May 19, 2016
jagojunior:

As your lordship pleases, many have tried correcting you but deliberate attempt to hold unto what you neither know or sure of wouldn't allow you to quit and research.
Narcissistic personality wouldn't let go and here you are again trying to justify another self view about Nigerian nurses. Clap for yourself for winning.
You seriously need to work on yourself cos the fact that you are not a nurse doesn't justify your attitude (whether it's good or bad, decide that for yourself and do the needful).

Please, in the future when you crave to have an opinion on an issue and you feel there is need to defend such opinion irrespective of superior views, all you need to do is to be empowered through proper and relevant knowledge.

If you needed to know you should have rather asked. Teaching without readiness to learn equals negligible impact

What is wrong with you?
I don't even bother reading the expression of your bitterness and anger at the truth!

Many have agreed with me!
Just you and your Colleague disagreed in the exact same bitter manner I earlier pointed out, that is akin to many in your profession.

Deal with the wrong attitude! Don't attack those who point out the truth!

Continue yarning opata! tongue
Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by dubbiskelly(m): 2:57pm On May 19, 2016
Evina:

I won't argue about the cost because I indeed wasn't sure. But regarding the unprofessional service meted out to patients by your colleagues, you very well know I am totally correct!

Well the undeniable fact remains that there are bad eggs in all professions, and not just in nursing.
Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by jagojunior(m): 3:15pm On May 19, 2016
Evina:

What is wrong with you?
I don't even bother reading the expression of your bitterness and anger at the truth!

Many have agreed with me!
Just you and your Colleague disagreed in the exact same bitter manner I earlier pointed out, that is akin to many in your profession.

Deal with the wrong attitude! Don't attack those who point out the truth!

Continue yarning opata! tongue

Bitter? Not in a million years dear, far from it.
I can bet you that I have been trained to be thick skinned and my experiences from work have also impacted on me in like manner (all thanks to nursing practice in Nigeria and the attitudes of some patients and the general public towards nurses and nursing).

Would love to care for you (be it curative or preventive) to give you a different mindset from your held view on the "Horrible Nigerian nurses".

I dislike generalization cos it's the alter of more than 25% of the bad public image of nursing in Nigeria. I believe it all boils down to the salesman saying of "a well treated customer speaks about the good treatment of the service(s) to just one person while a badly treated customer speaks to a minimum of four people about his experience", same reason while you hear folks saying bad news travel faster than wildfire.

Just like every other profession, nursing in Nigeria has its shortcomings likewise nurses and reason for this is multifactorial but won't bother going into details. Be assured that we are seriously on a value reorientation mission to give ourselves the right name we truly deserve, though it's not a walk in the park mission, hopefully we shall get there.

Lending us a positive leaning in our quest would get us there faster and smoother than maligning us, that's the reason behind my direct attempt on your jugular earlier. Trust me when I tell you that no love was lost in the process anyway. We are cool.

Welcome onboard dear, your support would be highly appreciated.

Shalom!
Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 19, 2016
Vibra:
Lol...
She isn't a nurse,she is an auxiliary
If she is a nurse, she would understand the term 'consent'
A nurse would not carry out any procedure without gaining it

That's what you say. Very soon you will be in the ministry, and its gonna be the same thing. By then you'd forgotten what you learned in school
Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by Nobody: 3:31pm On May 19, 2016
Oguguah:

That's what you say. Very soon you will be in the ministry, and its gonna be the same thing. By then you'd forgotten what you learned in school
What I will be spending five years to learn....
Hmm...... I don't think so
Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 19, 2016
Vibra:
What I will be spending five years to learn....
Hmm...... I don't think so

OK wait till the time comes. I might help you remember.

Me: Nurse Christiana, shey na u dey do this now. You been talk say they teach you courtesy for school. Chai diaris God oo
Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by eazydon(m): 3:59pm On May 19, 2016
Shalla to my mum and all the other nurses out there
Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by Evina(f): 3:53am On May 20, 2016
Oracle86:
!

cheesy

See this errand boy in a rural chemist!
OB/GYN ko OBJ ni! Delusional!

Bro. I'm not the reason for your current situation, it will pass okay. Question please, don't you guys sell the "chill pill" at your chemist? Or you can't afford it? undecided
Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by hyeeshat(f): 11:44am On May 21, 2016
Evina:
Nurses in Nigeria, especially the Government owned hospitals are HORRIBLE!

They are rude, temperamental, unwilling to help and act like you owe them a huge favor- on top money wey you dey pay!

Don't tell me they are human too! That's cow dung cos the profession is service to humanity and YOU OUGHT TO KNOW THAT BEFORE CHOOSING TO BE PART OF SUCH NOBLE PROFESSION!

Truly, many go into it ONLY as a last resort!
you've said it all...as in dose nurses are so mean...

1 Like

Re: 11 Things Nurses Don't Like Hearing by delishpot: 7:43am On May 22, 2016
jagojunior:

Hard luck to you and your family, may her soul continue to rest in peace. Amen. I really don't know what to say, I pray and work towards a better health team daily where every member is well equipped to do his/her part where & when necessary and gives utmost respect to other members of the team. My happiness is the work in progress and the zeal in this generational nurses to transform the profession for the betterment of the profession and everyone.

May God continue to comfort and replenish y'all for your lost. It's well

Amen and Thank you. Season of hard luck is over. We have been strong all through. After years of blaming myself (I was not around when she died, though I was speaking to them on phone and giving them direction and I told them to talk to the nurses when they called to tell me she was swelling up after the medication and becoming restless. I clearly said she was reacting to the Med and they should tell the nurses to do something. They went and called back to say the nurses said it was just a small discomfort and price she would pay and soon it will stop and she will get better, I was angry and was about to go buy a ticket back to Ph at that moment cost I couldn't believe a nurse would dare say such a thing when even I know it could be fatal and I am not a nurse) 30 mind later they called again that another doctor came in and yelled at the nurses and ordered my brothers to go buy a certain Med to counter the effect of the one she was given. By the time he returned she took her last breathe. They called me back to say she just died. It all happened withing 45 mins from the first call to announce her reaction to the call about her death. I was devastated. If only the nurses we're wise enough to notice this, they we're quarrelling with doctors so they would not do anything to save a patient if the doctor does not say to do it. And they would not call the doctor if it was not time for his Ward round. Can you imagine such? I blamed myself for my mothers death. I felt If I was around, I would have done something. She was our last surviving parent. We lost dad some 3years before.

All is well now. I am slowly getting over the guilt. I just want things to be fixed so that such will not happen to other people and me should we need medical care some day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Things You Need To Survive In The Real World As A Nigerian Graduate / Tax Professionals Forum / Top Paying Law Firms In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.