Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,937 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

Protesters Chase Edo Workers From Offices - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protesters Chase Edo Workers From Offices (14513 Views)

Boko Haram Releases Video Of Abducted Oil Exploration Workers From The Universit / Fayose Ejects Federal Agencies From Offices / FG Removes 50,000 Ghost Workers From Payroll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protesters Chase Edo Workers From Offices by kingwalsdinho99: 3:02pm On May 18, 2016
Edo: Protesters chase out workers from offices

Protesters against fuel price increase Wednesday chased out Edo State government workers who resumed for duties.
The protesters comprising of factional members of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) and members of the civil society organization.
At the civil service secretariat, workers were already seated inside their offices when they asked to leave.
Gates to the entrance of the State Ministry of Information and Orientation, Ministry of Justice and other parastatals were placed under lock and key.

Staffers of the various ministries did not join in the protest march.
They waited outside their offices for several hours and later left for home.
Teachers in privately owned primary and secondary schools shunned the strike and protest march as the schools were opened for academic activities.

Pupils of public primary and secondary schools were sent home by their teachers.
Doctors and nurses were seen at their duty post at the state government owned hospitals and the courts were also in sessions.
Federal government workers resumed for duty at the secretariat at Aduwawa in Ikpoba-Okha local government.
All the offices were open for businesses.

The protesters also chased away stated government workers who went for verification exercise.
They pulled down the canopies and forced staff of the Information and Communication Technology unit to stop work.
As at press time, the protesters were still marching along major streets of Benin City.

http://thenationonlineng.net/edo-protesters-chase-out-workers-from-offices/

3 Likes

Re: Protesters Chase Edo Workers From Offices by Abacharles(m): 3:09pm On May 18, 2016
beht y.
** and that is aw am FTC, nt feeling really excited though***
Re: Protesters Chase Edo Workers From Offices by dukie25: 3:49pm On May 18, 2016
The same way we are going to chase out Oshiomhole/Obaseki in September.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Chase Edo Workers From Offices by sosanova: 3:49pm On May 18, 2016
[size=13pt]
grin grin grin
Edo no dey carry last
Who do anyhow, go see anyhow
[/size]

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Chase Edo Workers From Offices by emmyw(m): 3:50pm On May 18, 2016
Some Nigerians Always Learn From Experience, During Election, People Were Commenting " Sai Buhari" Here And There, I Wonder Where They Are Now? Nigerians Need To Think Twice Before Any Move/Decision. May God Help All Of Us.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Chase Edo Workers From Offices by hamzia(m): 3:51pm On May 18, 2016
OK... I see
Re: Protesters Chase Edo Workers From Offices by ubaobi: 3:51pm On May 18, 2016
Suffering and smiling

2 Likes

Re: Protesters Chase Edo Workers From Offices by Isoni(m): 3:51pm On May 18, 2016
No work no pay
Re: Protesters Chase Edo Workers From Offices by militarily: 3:51pm On May 18, 2016
No be small thing. On my way to ekewan road from gra ds monin I encountered the protesters. Very impressive crowd! A notable musician supported the crowd from an open roof car,while several police vehicles brought up the rear.

We no dey take last! Kpata kpata na bracket last cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Chase Edo Workers From Offices by funkyrash(m): 3:52pm On May 18, 2016
Can't these protesters understand that people aren't interested in their "strike"

[img]http://media4./media/FxEwsOF1D79za/200w.gif[/img]

9 Likes

Re: Protesters Chase Edo Workers From Offices by Nonsoross(m): 3:52pm On May 18, 2016
Issorai
Re: Protesters Chase Edo Workers From Offices by Nobody: 3:52pm On May 18, 2016
We wait on you Lord! Lord ll wait on you.
Re: Protesters Chase Edo Workers From Offices by banme1(m): 3:53pm On May 18, 2016
Na chanji.
Re: Protesters Chase Edo Workers From Offices by Qmerit(m): 3:54pm On May 18, 2016
VictorYattLasT:
We wait on you Lord! Lord ll wait on you.
Re: Protesters Chase Edo Workers From Offices by FagsamPHP(m): 3:54pm On May 18, 2016
k
Re: Protesters Chase Edo Workers From Offices by Young03(m): 3:54pm On May 18, 2016
I was there

it was fun

2 Likes

Re: Protesters Chase Edo Workers From Offices by DaMotivator(m): 3:55pm On May 18, 2016
end time protest....thank God they didn't notice us oh..they passed my office too...but we closed all doors n windows....lol

3 Likes

Re: Protesters Chase Edo Workers From Offices by Qmerit(m): 3:57pm On May 18, 2016
Is it force to protest with you or to strike?
I'm not interested I want to work! chekina

1 Like

Re: Protesters Chase Edo Workers From Offices by damton(m): 3:57pm On May 18, 2016
g
DaMotivator:
end time protest....thank God they didn't notice us oh..they passed my office too...but we closed all doors n windows....lol

You don't know maybe dem wan say hi to you
Re: Protesters Chase Edo Workers From Offices by ritababe(f): 3:57pm On May 18, 2016
sosanova:
[size=13pt] grin grin grin Edo no dey carry last Who do anyhow, go see anyhow [/size]
kpatakpata we draw grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Chase Edo Workers From Offices by Jesusloveyou: 3:58pm On May 18, 2016
dukie25:
The same way we are going to chase out Oshiomhole/Obaseki in September.
who ask u? u just dey fool urself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protesters Chase Edo Workers From Offices by toma3: 3:58pm On May 18, 2016
Oshiomhole/Obaseki has failed already

2 Likes

Re: Protesters Chase Edo Workers From Offices by dukie25: 4:00pm On May 18, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
who ask u? u just dey fool urself
You're the one fooling yourself, my post was not directed at your father was it?
Last time I checked Adamu is leaving in September.

6 Likes

Re: Protesters Chase Edo Workers From Offices by Rexyl(m): 4:01pm On May 18, 2016
workers in northern states have ignored the directives from the NLC national secretariat to go on strike but southern states are complying. What country that has divided within itself for certain interest!
Re: Protesters Chase Edo Workers From Offices by MadCow1: 4:01pm On May 18, 2016
All these Benin Winches no go rest abi.. angry

If better people dey protest fuel price increase, Bini people sef go dey protest.. angry
Re: Protesters Chase Edo Workers From Offices by free2ryhme: 4:02pm On May 18, 2016
These people are very productive and you can only wish them well.m mumu grin
Re: Protesters Chase Edo Workers From Offices by Jesusloveyou: 4:05pm On May 18, 2016
militarily:
No be small thing. On my way to ekewan road from gra ds monin I encountered the protesters. Very impressive crowd! A notable musician supported the crowd from an open roof car,while several police vehicles brought up the rear.
We no dey take last! Kpata kpata na bracket last cheesy
which impressive? i have be looking for them since, is like the protest is for 30mins,
Re: Protesters Chase Edo Workers From Offices by pedrilo: 4:14pm On May 18, 2016
oshio tink say we be fools abi?
Re: Protesters Chase Edo Workers From Offices by Jesusloveyou: 4:14pm On May 18, 2016
dukie25:

You're the one fooling yourself, my post was not directed at your father was it?
Last time I checked Adamu is leaving in September.
wetin concern the protest of today with sept, u dont need to worry about sept, becos pdp does not have candidate, only ize-iyamu who is preparing for jail. that is why i said u should stop fooling urself
Re: Protesters Chase Edo Workers From Offices by Jesusloveyou: 4:23pm On May 18, 2016
pedrilo:
oshio tink say we be fools abi?
if u want to be a fool, na u sabi, becos i dont know how this protest link with oshio, abi oshio rape ur mother?
Re: Protesters Chase Edo Workers From Offices by pendusky(m): 4:28pm On May 18, 2016
Adam was worse than that.
Re: Protesters Chase Edo Workers From Offices by Originality007: 4:28pm On May 18, 2016
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Members Of A Kidnap Syndicate Terrorizing Ijebu-Ode & Its Environs Arrested / Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! / Buhari And A New Nigeria By Etcetera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.