Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! (14510 Views)

Poll: Do you believe that the Nigerian government will find and bring to justice the killers of Funsho Williams?

I'm very sure: 5% (3 votes)
I'm positive: 17% (9 votes)
I doubt: 58% (30 votes)
It's impossible: 9% (5 votes)
I don't care: 7% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Court Approves Suit Against Tinubu Over Murder Of Funsho Williams / PDP's Lagos Rally Dwarfs APC's Mega Rally In Lagos [ compare photos] / Massive Crowd Inflow At PDP Lagos Rally [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Christino(m): 3:14pm On Jul 27, 2006
We have just been informed that a prominent politician was assassinated at Dolphin Estate which has led to heavy police presence on Osborne Road.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=54187

Please avoid this route for now and advise those outside,
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by kajad(m): 3:17pm On Jul 27, 2006
SOURCE Please! shocked
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by lanryfunky(m): 3:34pm On Jul 27, 2006
These PDP pple will finish themselves b4 2007 o.I just pray God takes control.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by dafman(m): 3:36pm On Jul 27, 2006
I just heard that on Channels tv breaking news few minutes ago. Preliminary reports said he was found strangled on his bed this morning.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by aderaskeey(m): 3:37pm On Jul 27, 2006
Breaking News reaching us from the electronic media, STV, LTV, Channels TV reports that the versatile humanist and amiable politician, Engineer Funsho Williams was found dead this morning, alleged to have been murdered by assassins.

There is no doubt that having contested twice for the coveted seat of power in Lagos State, Nigeria. Engineer Williams is the most notable aspirant from PDP for that seat again as we approach another season of electioneering in the next few months.

Whatever the final outcome of police investigations, (if there would ever be a finality, Bola Ige's high-profile murder, Harry Marshall, Abubarkar Rimi's wife, etc. and other unending and unresolved political assassinations within the last seven years under the PDP federal government remains a mystery).

Recently his political rally in the domain of his estranged godson in Ikorodu led to a bloody and fatal clash with thugs allegedly sponsored by his opponents in that domain. His shocking murder proves once again what the sage Wole Soyinka, told us a few years ago that "PDP is a nest of killers". A party that kills its own.

Where is tolerance, if now, 8 clear months to election, politicians who feel threatened by opponents begin to kill each other? Adieu Captain, may your death provoke a total disgrace and exposure of all the powers behind the unresolved and mystery political murders of the last seven years in this country.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Chxta(m): 3:39pm On Jul 27, 2006
It's all over the news. Some geezers who were on the way to my office for a meeting have turned back, so I guess I'm free to galivant around the internet. . .

1 Like

Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by dollypee1(f): 3:52pm On Jul 27, 2006
ISNT THAT AMAZING. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by edatika(m): 4:17pm On Jul 27, 2006
Funso williams strangled to death in his study
when his mates are at the party(PDP) rally.

welcome Nigerian election 2007
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by buchio7(m): 4:20pm On Jul 27, 2006
it seems d man was blocking someones ambition to alausa in 2007 n had to be "erased" frm d equation
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Elizabeth(f): 4:27pm On Jul 27, 2006
Eh yah! what a painful world,so Funsho Williams is gone! can believe it
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Elizabeth(f): 4:28pm On Jul 27, 2006
Eh yah! what a painful world,so Funsho Williams is gone! can't believe it
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by naijadiva2(f): 4:29pm On Jul 27, 2006
if somebody knew, you would have known because it will be on the news and in papers.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by phatloomy(m): 4:30pm On Jul 27, 2006
This is to inform everyone that the story about Funso Williams is confirmed o!!!. In light of this I’m suggesting that you leave the office early (4:00pm) in case of any civil disturbance that may occur.

Safety in Lagos is not guaranteed

Whatever work u have to do can wait till tomorrow, your life is more important
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by edatika(m): 4:32pm On Jul 27, 2006
let's not bother about whatever has to say
they never have a solution
killers go free in Nigeria, especially political killings

Bola Ige, Harry (whatever),,
in fact i cant remember their names again,
the list goes on. and on,

and 2007 is still far o,
so let's keep counting, more expected

Nigerian politics----Nauseating
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Chxta(m): 4:42pm On Jul 27, 2006
You are cracking me up. . .
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Christino(m): 4:52pm On Jul 27, 2006
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by dafman(m): 4:52pm On Jul 27, 2006
Lagos is not a Hezbollah stronghold o!
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Christino(m): 4:59pm On Jul 27, 2006
Chief Bola Ige, Harry Marshall and Abubakar Rimi's wife. Who's next, maybe presidential aspirants will start going down tomorrow.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by kajad(m): 5:04pm On Jul 27, 2006
phatloomy:

This is to inform everyone that the story about Funso Williams is confirmed o!!!. In light of this I’m suggesting that you leave the office early (4:00pm) in case of any civil disturbance that may occur.

Safety in Lagos is not guaranteed

Whatever work u have to do can wait till tomorrow, your life is more important

WORD!
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Chxta(m): 5:09pm On Jul 27, 2006
There was a guy who was assasinated in Jos. I forget the name now. . .
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by ronkarazo(m): 5:10pm On Jul 27, 2006
Is it true dat Funso Williams has been killed. i hear there is chaos in Lagos now, call ur folks back at home and warn them
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Anabib(f): 5:12pm On Jul 27, 2006
THIS IS A VERY SAD NEWS.
PDP IS A TERRORIST PARTY, THAT SEEKS TO DESTROY ANYBODY THAT COMES AGAINST THEM.

NIGERIANS SHOULD RISE UP AND PUSH THIS PARTY OUT!!!!!!11 angry angry angry angry

-------------------@THISDAY COMMENTS
Yemi
07.27.2006 20:59
When will this cycle of violence end? The growing level of insecurity in the land is unacceptable.
What do you expect in a party that parades Chris Uba - the man that wreaked havoc in Anambra, Lamidi Adedibu - the godfather in Oyo, Alamisiegha - the terrorist from Bayelsa to mention but a few.

I hope the people of Nigeria will rise up to take power from these usurpers of power.

How else will you want to kill to serve Nigerians?

The killers in PDP must be exposed, they must not go unpunished.
--------------------

The annoying thing is that they may claim that its armed robbers and make fictitious arrests, or even arrest the poor guys household security personnel.
NIGERIA cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by diyobdw(f): 5:17pm On Jul 27, 2006
Hey guys am in dolphin right now shocked shocked shocked shocked

everywhere seem peaceful though so Mobile police are hanging around the estate.
The fear should be the areas where they have thier offices and homes
It a sad incident !!
i fear for this 2007 election is damn too early even if ther will be killings.

But as far has i can see it quite out here
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Christino(m): 5:19pm On Jul 27, 2006
I don't expect violence in dolphin at all, you will feel the impact in Oshodi, Ikeja or Iyana Ipaja and Agege.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Rottweiler(m): 5:43pm On Jul 27, 2006
As the news of the assassination of one of Lagos state's PDP gubernatorial aspirants continue to circulate around the globe, one wonders what awaits us in 2007. Funsho Williams, just like several other uncelebrated political office aspirants have been caught down in the march to 2007.
When shall this politics of diaffection, bloodletting, hatred, etc vanish from our lives? The desperation continues to build up. When are we going to be free from all these.
God save Nigeria.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by abiodunade(m): 5:55pm On Jul 27, 2006
I think the road to 2007 elections will be very bloody with the recent murder of Engr. Funsho Williams. What do u nairaland members think can be done to avert this type of political assassination in the country?
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by tianshie(m): 5:56pm On Jul 27, 2006
I'm shocked!. shocked
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Chxta(m): 6:05pm On Jul 27, 2006
What was his support base really like?
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by krazysage(m): 6:20pm On Jul 27, 2006
abiodunade:

I think the road to 2007 elections will be very bloody with the recent murder of Engr. Funsho Williams. What do u nairaland members think can be done to avert this type of political assassination in the country?

My brother their is nothing the grass can do when elephants decide to fight. we will just sit back and watch.
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by xdos(m): 6:30pm On Jul 27, 2006
Na wah oh! Dem nafa even grind beans, akara don begin dey smell,

WHO IS NEXT?
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by Chxta(m): 6:36pm On Jul 27, 2006
Nzeribe perhaps?
Re: Funsho Williams, PDP Lagos State Governor-to-be, Killed! by bolaoni(m): 6:42pm On Jul 27, 2006
This is really serious o.

NIGERIA! NIGERIA!! NIGERIA!!!

cry cry cry cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PIX: Massive Protest In Portharcourt - Biafrans Demand Release Of Nnamdi Kanu / Fg’s N60bn Economic Stimulus Out Next Week / Fayose Bans All Students Activities And Public Processions In Ekiti State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.