Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,765 members, 7,809,945 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

Nigeria Made Faster Progress Against Boko Haram After Curbing Corruption- Buhar - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigeria Made Faster Progress Against Boko Haram After Curbing Corruption- Buhar (8180 Views)

Photo Of Wives And Children Of Boko Haram Members Escaping From Yobe / Man Caught With Fetish Items & Keys He Used To Lock Progress Of Traders In Abia / China, Pakistan And Russian To Join In The Fight Against Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Made Faster Progress Against Boko Haram After Curbing Corruption- Buhar by Nobody: 12:25am On May 19, 2016
President Buhari today said the success recorded by the military against the Boko Haram sect in recent times can be traced to the fight against corruption in the military. According to him, corruption was largely responsible for the inability of the Nigerian military to quickly defeat Boko Haram.
Read more after cut.

Buhari said this while speaking with Egypt’s Grand Imam of Al-Azhar, Ahmed El-Tayeb who paid him a visit at the state house Abuja today May 18th.

“When we curbed corruption and removed the injustice in the military, we began to make progress,’’ he said.

President Buhari stressed it was against Islam to carry out terror in God’s name. He noted that the war against terrorism was also a war against injustice, and must be supported by Islam and all the major religions.

“You can’t kill the innocent in churches or in mosques and shout Allahu Akbar,’’ he said.

http://www.michelleaigbe.com/2016/05/nigeria-made-faster-progress-against.html?m=1

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Made Faster Progress Against Boko Haram After Curbing Corruption- Buhar by DropShot: 7:47am On May 19, 2016
cool

It's very obvious and incontrovertible that corruption was the bane of the Nigerian Army and in fact the bane of our society.

Once we're able to deal decisively with corruption, many of our problems will naturally be solved.

Anyway, kudos to you in that regards. What the IB couldn't achieve with a corrupt army even with trillions of naira in budget, you have achieved with the same army with far lesser budget.

Never again.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Made Faster Progress Against Boko Haram After Curbing Corruption- Buhar by Rrankdonga(m): 7:47am On May 19, 2016
Curbed which corruption? Spare me please.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Made Faster Progress Against Boko Haram After Curbing Corruption- Buhar by thereturnoflucy(m): 7:47am On May 19, 2016
All on paper....this government is a propaganda machine....I like them though cos that's what the gullible masses need...

For more political editorial, romance,comedy, society talk, stories and poems visit http://www.kikiotolu.com trust me you gonna fall in love with this blog....proudly created by a nairalander

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Made Faster Progress Against Boko Haram After Curbing Corruption- Buhar by Wisdomkosi(m): 7:48am On May 19, 2016
Mr president we are tired of your talk while we the poor masses suffer everyday. You are fighting corruption when the likes of amechi, tinubu, etc are Saints? You are fighting corruption but our economy is going down, no light, no fuel, no job, increase in price in all commodities, all we keep hearing is kwarruption. You once told Nigerians that you don't believe in subsidy and it doesn't exist. Buhari what's happening? For the past few months, fulani herdsmen have been killing people but you kept quite for a long time, and recently made a speech because of the recent attack in enugu. When the Niger delta avengers bombed the pipeline, you quickly ordered the military to go there. Buhari watch your side mirror.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Made Faster Progress Against Boko Haram After Curbing Corruption- Buhar by ERONX(m): 7:48am On May 19, 2016
President Open Teeth Govt Report Cardgrin
Power Sector F9
Security D7
Agriculture F9
Economy F9
Transportation F9
Corruption D7
Education F9
Health Care F9.
I hope before Next Year he will work on improving his grades because failure to do so we no go give am carry over by 2019. No time for a Re-sit na to pursue am sure pass.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Made Faster Progress Against Boko Haram After Curbing Corruption- Buhar by ace05(m): 7:48am On May 19, 2016
Interesting, does Mr President think everything revolves around corruption? I understand the decay it causes but being president is bigger than one focus, you have to be very dynamic, 'caring ', and have unparalleled foresight. It's unfortunate to say that none of the 3 listed is a quality he has. Don't get me wrong, he is very cunny " I have at LEAST 1 million naira in my bank account " I am surprised that the Nigerian media did not pick up on this , 1 billion naira is at least 1 million. Anyways my people, in this time of trials and hardship be strong and do not forget why you are in this position.
Americans will always say that Bill Clinton was an amazing president, guess what , he actually didn't do anything really, he was just there when America was prosperous and everyone was generally comfortable.

God bless us according to our deeds.
Shalom.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Made Faster Progress Against Boko Haram After Curbing Corruption- Buhar by magicminister: 7:48am On May 19, 2016
Does this guy know anything else but corruption?
He isn't even doing a good job in fighting the corruption!
Bullshit!

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Made Faster Progress Against Boko Haram After Curbing Corruption- Buhar by KenModi(m): 7:49am On May 19, 2016
Dis he really say this?!

Adontbilivit!

Wailers would definitely not like this comment by baba cos they said he supports terrorists and his an Islamic fanatist

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Made Faster Progress Against Boko Haram After Curbing Corruption- Buhar by domopps(m): 7:49am On May 19, 2016
True talk!

God Bless Nigeria

God Bless Nig Army

God Bless JTF

God Bless Nairaland!

Love the news of return of chibok girl yesterday

Sai Buhari........

Cheeeeeers

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Made Faster Progress Against Boko Haram After Curbing Corruption- Buhar by Vikkie14: 7:49am On May 19, 2016
“When we curbed corruption and removed the injustice in the military, we began to make progress,’’ he said.
I agree with you on this one for ONCE. I only agree with the Injustice part because you aint a Saint yourself.

“You can’t kill the innocent in churches or in mosques and shout Allahu Akbar,’’ he said
So, what should they be shouting? IN CHISOS NAME ?? Or BLOOD OF CHISOS

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Made Faster Progress Against Boko Haram After Curbing Corruption- Buhar by ichidodo: 7:49am On May 19, 2016
Rubbish...

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Made Faster Progress Against Boko Haram After Curbing Corruption- Buhar by kennyddonn(m): 7:49am On May 19, 2016
usual slogan....

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Made Faster Progress Against Boko Haram After Curbing Corruption- Buhar by Vikkie14: 7:49am On May 19, 2016
Ah
Re: Nigeria Made Faster Progress Against Boko Haram After Curbing Corruption- Buhar by Danniscott(m): 7:49am On May 19, 2016
I like the last part......
Re: Nigeria Made Faster Progress Against Boko Haram After Curbing Corruption- Buhar by rejosom(m): 7:49am On May 19, 2016
I don't even know what progress he is talking about..... but I trust my President. #IStandWithBuhari
Re: Nigeria Made Faster Progress Against Boko Haram After Curbing Corruption- Buhar by YoursGEJ(m): 7:49am On May 19, 2016
All these wailers making noise like where fly gather on top sh.it, please provide ONE single fact to prove him wrong. I don't mean everyone of you should provide a fact each. All of you should gather and come up with a single fact that proves that PMB was wrong in making this statement

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Made Faster Progress Against Boko Haram After Curbing Corruption- Buhar by mej67: 7:50am On May 19, 2016
4posts and only 21 views. And it is fp undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Made Faster Progress Against Boko Haram After Curbing Corruption- Buhar by dexpotter(m): 7:50am On May 19, 2016
I think this actually made sense. You have my support. Failure to deliver means Nigeria needs deliverance.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Made Faster Progress Against Boko Haram After Curbing Corruption- Buhar by slimderek(m): 7:51am On May 19, 2016
All this na Just Talk
There's Still Corruption in the Military
Lets talk about that Shiite Massacre

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Made Faster Progress Against Boko Haram After Curbing Corruption- Buhar by skywalker001(m): 7:51am On May 19, 2016
Some hypocrite and fantastically corrupt mind wil stil complain

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Made Faster Progress Against Boko Haram After Curbing Corruption- Buhar by Inspectahdeck(m): 7:51am On May 19, 2016
I concur sir.

Corruption gave room for bH to thrive in the past.

Some evil men (supported by some youth) saw an avenue (office) to siphon monies meant for the military operation in NE to their personal pocket.

If oga jona is today's president I am very sure those evil ones will continue to steal borrowed monies for military operation.

The reason why this government keeps shouting no money is because the don't want to borrow unnecessary monies (sustainable act) so as not to create debt for the future generation.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Made Faster Progress Against Boko Haram After Curbing Corruption- Buhar by Bangx(m): 7:51am On May 19, 2016
Sai baba! Haters keep hating.as far as I'm concern d military gain a huge success against BH.God bless Nigeria,God bless pmb and God bless the Nigerian army

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Made Faster Progress Against Boko Haram After Curbing Corruption- Buhar by psalmistkakah(m): 7:52am On May 19, 2016
Allah kwa....am fantatiscally hungry...i cannot see clearly
Re: Nigeria Made Faster Progress Against Boko Haram After Curbing Corruption- Buhar by Olukokosir(m): 7:52am On May 19, 2016
Buhari - d name I hate I er

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Made Faster Progress Against Boko Haram After Curbing Corruption- Buhar by xynerise: 7:52am On May 19, 2016
I just don't buy the witch hunting kind of corruption elimination

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Made Faster Progress Against Boko Haram After Curbing Corruption- Buhar by kunta2simple: 7:55am On May 19, 2016
Truly there's a break from the norm.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Made Faster Progress Against Boko Haram After Curbing Corruption- Buhar by Nobody: 7:57am On May 19, 2016
Absolutely

I said this last two years, the reason pdp, Jonathan and the army didn't want book haram to end is because of two much untraceable money they are getting from the insurgent.

Imagine in 2012, approximately 1 trillion was allocated to to ministry of defence out of 4trillion budget with nothing to show for it.
In 2013, over 700billion
2014, another 400billion.

until 2015 which is around 200billion but make up by diverting all abachas loot to same ministry of defence.

Just imagine all these free monies, going to service chiefs and PDP and the government, why would they motivate our army to fight a rag tag insurgent when the money won't be coming again if they end insurgency quicker?

PDP is boko haram and book haram is pdp- gen azazi.
Init to obvious?

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Made Faster Progress Against Boko Haram After Curbing Corruption- Buhar by lailo: 7:58am On May 19, 2016
Wether Buhari is right or not,i believe him and I stand with him.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Made Faster Progress Against Boko Haram After Curbing Corruption- Buhar by Dom2020: 8:00am On May 19, 2016
this man always opening his mouth to talked nonsense, which corruption his he fighting? and which boko haram has he defeated? continue lying, bubu the scammer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Made Faster Progress Against Boko Haram After Curbing Corruption- Buhar by Aawizdom(m): 8:04am On May 19, 2016
slimderek:
All this na Just Talk There's Still Corruption in the Military Lets talk about that Shiite Massacre
mtss,

(1) (2) (Reply)

He Was Alive They Were Pouring Him Acid - Blackaxe Vs Eiye Abeokuta / Watch Video Of Guys Insert Stick Inside A Lady Accused Of Stealing In Delta / Woman Bites Off Man's Testicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.