Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,191 members, 7,839,045 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram (22862 Views)

Boko Haram Kills Soldier & Vikings Cult Member In Borno, Vikings Mourn Him (Pic) / Civilian JTF Ambush Boko Haram Terrorists, Kill Many Of Them In Borno (Graphic) / Despite Boko Haram Scare, Acting President Yemi Osinbajo Visits Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by afanide: 8:16am On May 20, 2016
Nice one
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by EasternActivist: 8:16am On May 20, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

And the oyel in Lagos belongs to who.

There is no oil in lagos... Pure scam to decide the gullible...
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by t12tosin: 8:16am On May 20, 2016
Huh
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by aresa: 8:18am On May 20, 2016
lomprico:

For ur mind u just make sense. U no know say na d oil money dem use build/buy all these equipment?
Dem go carry the oil money dey develop their place.

Even private and foreign investors dey carry niger delta oyel money come from their country sef... grin

crazy people plenty on NL I swear..
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by mekonglobal(m): 8:22am On May 20, 2016
This is a good eample of diversification not those preaching it to our ear everytime, without an intending action to back it up...example.....Bayelsa state govt.
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by mmsen: 8:25am On May 20, 2016
If this had been done previously there would be no Boko Haram to speak of.

Also, the article speaks of a 'test stage'. We know how pet projects often die in Nigeria but if this is sustained by the people in the north east then everyone will benefit.

A third point - how are they generating power? I didn't see any solar panels. How are they keeping the produce from rotting without adequate refrigeration?

How about transport? How are they getting produce to the retailers and food processors? Until proper highways and railways are built across the country then much of this hard work will be in vain?

All of these questions are why I will keep arguing that the northern leadership (and most of the northern populace) have misplaced priorities. When they were agitating for Sharia law they should have been fighting for better infrastructure. It's only now that Boko Haram have exposed how foolish they are there is a need for tangible development and not slavish devotion to middle eastern dogma.

2 Likes

Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:34am On May 20, 2016
EasternActivist:
Is it a must that the SS rich in oil and gas must be farmers? , the oil and gas in SS can buy borno * 100 with all the farm output and can also pay labourers until there lifetime...

Lol. Yorubas finding ways to weaking the oil rich Niger deltas while the truth remains that they feed this country with their crude oil.
I beg come see hater. D thing dey pain am grin
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by kunta2simple: 8:38am On May 20, 2016
Amberon:
Then leave our oil for us. Chest beater!!
If you must know, an average northerner doesn't care about oil, in fact they know nothing about oil.
An average northerner is peasant in nature, takes life as it comes on daily basis, they don't worry themselves to much about tomorrow, coz they believe tomorrow might never come.
An average northerner cares more about his farm land and cattle, as far he can farm to feed his family, milk his cow for sales, his comfortable.
There are so many countries without oil that are doing better than Nigeria.
In fact Nigeria was better off as an agricultural exporting country than petroleum. So what's the fuss about.
Dangote and dantata were already Africa billionaires before discovery of oil. They built groundnut pyramids and invest in other agro related business.
An average northerner doesn't care what becomes of the Niger delta oil. Or how many times do you hear of a northerner complaining about PMS price or drop in global oil sales.
Please shove the our oil nonsense in your arse.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by Wadasco(m): 8:41am On May 20, 2016
The Home of Peace is ready to embrace and live up to its slogan

I like that..

3 Likes

Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by Amberon: 9:05am On May 20, 2016
Fool of the first order!

The oil blocks owned by Atiku, Folurunsho Alakija, Danjuma etc were gotten how? If you don't care about oil, why then os resource control or true federalism not practiced in Nigeria?
Is it not your coolish leaders at the helm of affairs WHO Want to leech us dry?

You don't care about oil but Niger Delta oil Has fed and is still feeding the Nation for decades.

Youve said it all, you're all peasants and peasants you shall remain.
kunta2simple:

If you must know, an average northerner doesn't care about oil, in fact they know nothing about oil.
An average northerner is peasant in nature, takes life as it comes on daily basis, they don't worry themselves to much about tomorrow, coz they believe tomorrow might never come.
An average northerner cares more about his farm land and cattle, as far he can farm to feed his family, milk his cow for sales, his comfortable.
There are so many countries without oil that are doing better than Nigeria.
In fact Nigeria was better off as an agricultural exporting country than petroleum. So what's the fuss about.
Dangote and dantata were already Africa billionaires before discovery of oil. They built groundnut pyramids and invest in other agro related business.
An average northerner doesn't care what becomes of the Niger delta oil. Or how many times do you hear of a northerner complaining about PMS price or drop in global oil sales.
Please shove the our oil nonsense in your arse.
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by babestella: 9:17am On May 20, 2016
overhypedsteve:
State wey e get sense. South south dey feel say Na oil dem go die put.

I think it'll be nice if all the northern states submit all their proceeds from farming to the center let's use it to run the country and see how far.
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by kunta2simple: 9:26am On May 20, 2016
Amberon:
Fool of the first order!

The oil blocks owned by Atiku, Folurunsho Alakija, Danjuma etc were gotten how? If you don't care about oil, why then os resource control or true federalism not practiced in Nigeria?
Is it not your coolish leaders at the helm of affairs WHO Want to leech us dry?

You don't care about oil but Niger Delta oil Has fed and is still feeding the Nation for decades.

Youve said it all, you're all peasants and peasants you shall remain.
You so silly and ignorant. I don't need to trade words with a demented fellow like you. If not you won't be giving me list of politicians in the north when am talking about 80% of northerners.
Perhaps your parents where still miles apart when the same Nigeria fed from the country's agricultural system before the Oil boom. Even the free education your parents enjoy was as a result of funds generated from agriculture.
You must be an illiterate if you think being a peasant farmer is a curse.

4 Likes

Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by kikayboss(m): 9:27am On May 20, 2016
EasternActivist:
Is it a must that the SS rich in oil and gas must be farmers? , the oil and gas in SS can buy borno * 100 with all the farm output and can also pay labourers until there lifetime...

Lol. Yorubas finding ways to weaking the oil rich Niger deltas while the truth remains that they feed this country with their crude oil.
lol..
i pity ma people for SS carry oil for head lyk Dada...they'll all return to agriculture.... agriculture agriculture has Neva failed any country..let ijaw boys keep blowing pipelines... lazy things ..mtcheeeeew
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by Funkybabee(f): 9:28am On May 20, 2016
and why did they post it here for us to see abi make those bad boy should know the place and bomb there or to buy from there smh!!!!!
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by Godsate: 9:29am On May 20, 2016
omenka:
When it comes to farming (not sure about other agric practices) in particular, forget the Hausas. I could remember what they made of the land now used as the Makurdi golf course on the north side of the river bank before Akume's second term. Used to go buy very fresh vegetables from them, the best you could get back then. They grew a lot of things there from tomatoes, garden eggs, sugar cane, ugwu, water leaf, pepper, etc through crude irrigation- their crops flourished regardless of the season.

Somehow, Akume found it necessary to chase them out and convert the place to one useless golf course when they could simply go down to the NASME barracks which is just a stone throw away to play golf if they wanted to. Now, a good portion of the place is overgrown with weed...

Good to see the people of Borno doing this against all odds. God bless their grind and that of other honest and hardworking Nigerians.

Then, that so call Akume must be invited by EFCC for using public fund to mess up public asset.
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by fkj950ax(m): 9:33am On May 20, 2016
This project is not in Borno
Op confirm your post and fact check your facts
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by Chapter5ive: 9:34am On May 20, 2016
EasternActivist:

The oil you claim to have in ondo is owned by the ijaw community in the state.

In the mean time enjoy your foolishness boy...

Here comes the landgrabbing shameless people of Nigeria. You should go dash them nah, oil thieves. I dont know your problem, you dont even have any single shame and reason people piss on you miscreant everywhere. Soon you will tell us the one in Lagos is owned by Ebonyi people. Shameless oil thief

2 Likes

Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by hakanai(m): 9:36am On May 20, 2016
Its good to see something modern in Agricultural production as it affects Borno (despite the insecurity). I pray he remains focus and do more. I also hope he puts in place targets and clear objectives for adequate measurement o.

I know my people , He should be mindful of sycophants and hypocrites. He should only bring people that are result oriented while doing his best. If you can't deliver simple set aside. To do rankadadai is not part of job description and as such be done away with.

If the security situation improves and the challenge is minimized greatly. I have my plans to invest with in my LGA in Agriculture - certain crops and livestock.I pray we get pass the current situation.

Kudos Mr Governor !!! We pray

2 Likes

Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by VERDA: 9:39am On May 20, 2016
aresa:

Even private and foreign investors dey carry niger delta oyel money come from their country sef... grin

crazy people plenty on NL I swear..

While I would love Nigeria to move beyond dependence on oil and applaud every state government on a diversification drive,we must not lie to ourselves.At the moment the nation cannot do without oil and if it dries up tomorrow,the nation will crumble,look at the hardship a fall in crude oil is inflicting. That been said,every sabotage of all facilities in the Niger delta must be discourage cos it affects everybody,especially its inhabitants.

1 Like

Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by Charly68: 10:00am On May 20, 2016
lomprico:

For ur mind u just make sense. U no know say na d oil money dem use build/buy all these equipment?
All the oil money the south south states have realised,ask yourself what have they done with it ? They blame the centre always & has never question or query their own states govt . Other states are planning diversification & very soon,the oil producing communities will see meme after they must have polluted their land.
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by Charly68: 10:00am On May 20, 2016
lomprico:

All the oil money the south south states have realised,ask yourself what have they done with it ? They blame the centre always & has never question or query their own states govt . Other states are planning diversification & very soon,the oil producing communities will see meme after they must have polluted their land with their sabotage attitude
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by stonemasonn: 10:03am On May 20, 2016
falseman:

Ever thought why Fulanis and their cows don't invade farms in the North?
if a Fulani invades the farm of a Kanuri man it would turn bloody because the Kanuris hates the Fulanis guts. They only pretend to be one if it involves Arewa issue but back home there is no love lost.
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:04am On May 20, 2016
omenka:
When it comes to farming (not sure about other agric practices) in particular, forget the Hausas. I could remember what they made of the land now used as the Makurdi golf course on the north side of the river bank before Akume's second term. Used to go buy very fresh vegetables from them, the best you could get back then. They grew a lot of things there from tomatoes, garden eggs, sugar cane, ugwu, water leaf, pepper, etc through crude irrigation- their crops flourished regardless of the season.

Somehow, Akume found it necessary to chase them out and convert the place to one useless golf course when they could simply go down to the NASME barracks which is just a stone throw away to play golf if they wanted to. Now, a good portion of the place is overgrown with weed...

Good to see the people of Borno doing this against all odds. God bless their grind and that of other honest and hardworking Nigerians.
Their idea of turning it to gulf course was wrong. Now its not functioning and they promised to pay our parents compensation but nobody get a dime from them.
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by Boyooosa(m): 10:13am On May 20, 2016
overhypedsteve:
State wey e get sense. South south dey feel say Na oil dem go die put.
Cc: Ajimobi
Ajimobi! Come here o! Come and join the people that God gives brain to celebrate their success. O ya enter your Agbada and eji. Common sense e no get! Mtchewww!
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:19am On May 20, 2016
EasternActivist:

They don't need to be farmers but they do need to work.
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:20am On May 20, 2016
EasternActivist:

but before dem discover oil
una no dei into agric
abi no be something una dei do before dem discover oil

bcus of laziness... na dis oil dei cause trouble for una
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by agitator: 10:39am On May 20, 2016
Pavore9:

That is why l pity those who are blowing up the pipelines, further polluting their own environment thereby limiting agricultural ventures thriving in that region.

The proceeds from Agriculture tends to impact more on an individual as against that of oil. I prefer to be from a non-oil producing community, l engage the land and bring forth bountiful harvest, things are within my control, not where only some criminals elements are the only ones benefiting from the oil in the community while majority are starved off the benefits that should have been accrued and worst still the land can not provide an alternative means of sustenance!

so why are you people so fixated on the oil? Crash of oil prices with booming agriculture yet governors cant pay salaries, including the south west states except lagos.

Do you think it is only kids senseless kids on this forum?
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:01am On May 20, 2016
Amberon:
Then leave our oil for us. Chest beater!!
even though we leav ur oyel 4 u,no think say militancy wl stop oo.bcuz,na dat tym u go c different cabals wt diferent vested interents n wat we ar xperiencin in dat region now may b worst wen u ar left alone 2 control ur resources...they wl surely b battle 4 supremacy n control...
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by adakoleagbenu: 11:15am On May 20, 2016
omenka:

. An issue is that most Nigerians constantly criticise the successive Federal Govt,but neglect the state Govts. Blatant and shameless corruption goes on at that level.... As a Benue boy,I can attest to the fact that all you have said is TRUE.

1 Like

Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by Amberon: 11:19am On May 20, 2016
I didn't read your crap!! peasant!!

That's why your people come to the south to beg! You lots should grateful to Lord Lugard and eternally grateful to the SS.

Now get lost.
kunta2simple:

You so silly and ignorant. I don't need to trade words with a demented fellow like you. If not you won't be giving me list of politicians in the north when am talking about 80% of northerners.
Perhaps your parents where still miles apart when the same Nigeria fed from the country's agricultural system before the Oil boom. Even the free education your parents enjoy was as a result of funds generated from agriculture.
You must be an illiterate if you think being a peasant farmer is a curse.
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by Pavore9: 11:20am On May 20, 2016
agitator:

so why are you people so fixated on the oil? Crash of oil prices with booming agriculture yet governors cant pay salaries, including the south west states except lagos.

Do you think it is only kids senseless kids on this forum?

Who is fixated on oil? You think am one of the regular minds who thinks oil is everything? If l can make N250,000 monthly from half plot of land doing vertical bag farming, why should l be bothered with oil? Take your swipe at the lazy governors not me, take a trip to the Agric section and you will realise that you are directing your anger at the wrong person!
Re: Borno Light-years Ahead In Agricultural Innovation, Despite Boko Haram by Amberon: 11:20am On May 20, 2016
battle for supremacy happens everywhere. It also happened when Nigeria got independence from Britain.
marvel323:
even though we leav ur oyel 4 u,no think say militancy wl stop oo.bcuz,na dat tym u go c different cabals wt diferent vested interents n wat we ar xperiencin in dat region now may b worst wen u ar left alone 2 control ur resources...they wl surely b battle 4 supremacy n control...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari & Other APC Leaders With Archbishop Of Owerri (Photo) / Osinbajo At The Senior Course 37 Grad Ceremony Armed Forces College (pics) / "There Is No Corruption In Buhari's Government" - Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.