Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. - Celebrities (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. (113161 Views)

Celebrities You Don't Know Were From Kwara State(pics) / Nigerian Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Kaduna State / Nigerian Celebrities You Didn’t Know Are From Royal Families (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by gebest: 4:03pm On May 21, 2016
MrDoGood:

Congratulations
i want to use this medium to thank u very mush for congratulating me nd dat i still stand on my claim that iniobong Edo is from EDO state u hear mrdogood
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by Alezy(m): 4:16pm On May 21, 2016
Enahi:

Lol funny you.
never knew u where from edo.
hnmm
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by kwencypresh(f): 4:31pm On May 21, 2016
kaboninc:

The two Edo men I've seen and one in particular are very hardworking and passed that trait to their kids.

However, despite your claim, you still prefer to be married to them.... undecided

Getting married to a Benin boy is not my wish
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by kaboninc(m): 4:45pm On May 21, 2016
kwencypresh:

Getting married to a Benin boy is not my wish

Well that is your wish...

How about your family's wish? Will they approve you of marrying someone outside your state?
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by Ihuomadinihu: 5:25pm On May 21, 2016
aim5:

So you're saying that Mercy Aigbe doesn't promote her Edo culture? Are you blind? Didn't you see the movie Osas? And also, look at Viktoh of YBNL and Blixxy D Raping from Uromi. Both of those guys have put Esan on the map with their indigenous rapping so to say that Edo entertainers don't embrace their Edo identity is hilarious to me. The biggest Edo movie director Lancelot Oduwa Imasuen has put Edo culture out there for the world to see with Invasion 1897 and Iyore. And oh, your Igbo Nollywood queen Rita Dominic was in Iyore too, should I say that she appropriated Benin/Edo culture? Like I said, go to pro-Igbo threads and get off Edo people's jock.
What's Osas? Is that a name or a movie? How many Nigerians know any movie titled Osas?
Fact is that you are not doing enough to promote your culture. Viktor might be an exception but that doesn't change the fact that Edo celebs actively promote either Igbo or Yoruba culture.
Rita acted a Nollywood movie inspired by Edo history,she didn't act an Edo language movie. That is the difference.wink
Lancelot has been shooting Igbo related movies since 19keredim.

2 Likes

Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by martha89: 5:38pm On May 21, 2016
Ihuomadinihu:

What's Osas? Is that a name or a movie? How many Nigerians know any movie titled Osas?
Fact is that you are not doing enough to promote your culture. Viktor might be an exception but that doesn't change the fact that Edo celebs actively promote either Igbo or Yoruba culture.
Rita acted a Nollywood movie inspired by Edo history,she didn't act an Edo language movie. That is the difference.wink
Stop adding Igbo and we dont promote any Igbo please. What is your business if Edo speak Yoruba and we used to be part of them so no problem.

2 Likes

Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by Chestar5(f): 5:41pm On May 21, 2016
Enahi:

Hi I don't understand, I didn't spell the name correctly or what?
lol, sis... I meant u didnt include her name.... Or did u
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by Enahi(f): 5:43pm On May 21, 2016
Alezy:
never knew u where from edo.

hnmm

Yes I am
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by Enahi(f): 5:45pm On May 21, 2016
Ihuomadinihu:

I really understand your point I am sorry I misunderstood you initially.
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by martha89: 5:45pm On May 21, 2016
We need to add more politician and media folks because we got a lot of them. cool
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by Chukazu: 5:54pm On May 21, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:
Where is he from?
he is from Osun.
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by inaiduna(m): 6:16pm On May 21, 2016
Politician? I thought he was a comedian and musician, that is the hold something (911) and check your low waist singer grin ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEsBW9mV5qc

others that seem to have left the scene Oriri Osayomore, Kaha, Cyrus da Virus but they were good.

Enahi:
Comedian/politician
Maleke Idowu

1 Like

Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by MrDoGood(m): 6:29pm On May 21, 2016
gebest:
i want to use this medium to thank u very mush for congratulating me nd dat i still stand on my claim that iniobong Edo is from EDO state u hear mrdogood

You like quarrel well well

I dey see am for your post.
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by gebest: 6:45pm On May 21, 2016
MrDoGood:

You like quarrel well well

I dey see am for your post.
no quarrel at all, what am saying is dat ini edo na edo girl
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by Nobody: 7:00pm On May 21, 2016
kaboninc:

I see....
"My mama tell me say I be Bini"
Hmmmm
Lol, Which lga?
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by kaboninc(m): 7:04pm On May 21, 2016
mhiz:

Lol, Which lga?

Teasing you dear.

Am not from Edo State
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 21, 2016
kaboninc:

Teasing you dear.
Am not from Edo State
Lol, so where are you from?
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by kaboninc(m): 7:20pm On May 21, 2016
mhiz:

Lol, so where are you from?

Abia State.

I heard that there are Igbo groups who live in Edo State like it is their native home
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by martha89: 7:39pm On May 21, 2016
Hummm I don't know where Edo dont go to their village is coming from?I can't speak for all since there are different tribe.Uromi,Ekpoma, Ubiaja or even Irrua do go to their town and villages. Maybe the ones that have family issues are the ones not going.Some Esan expcially Uromi have been know to contribute to their town which the Governor has completely neglected because they are strong PDP supporers.
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 21, 2016
kaboninc:

Abia State.

I heard that there are Igbo groups who live in Edo State like it is their native home
And ure one of them
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by Alezy(m): 9:46pm On May 21, 2016
Enahi:

Yes I am
Oh surr, now I know.
how are you this evening? base there too?
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by MrDoGood(m): 9:56pm On May 21, 2016
gebest:

Now I know I can't help you.

I give up
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by tosinjay(m): 10:16pm On May 21, 2016
gebest:
Hello buddy, the fact that Ini Edo have the word edo in her name doesn't make her edo girl, she's from akwa ibom. And the word edo have a certain way they pronounce it in their diction.
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by gebest: 10:28pm On May 21, 2016
tosinjay:

Hello buddy, the fact that Ini Edo have the word edo in her name doesn't make her edo girl, she's from akwa ibom. And the word edo have a certain way they pronounce it in their diction.
bros na lie, iniobong Edo na edo girl i no fit shout
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by gebest: 10:31pm On May 21, 2016
MrDoGood:

Now I know I can't help you.

I give up
great, i win
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by tosinjay(m): 12:27am On May 22, 2016
gebest:
bros na lie, iniobong Edo na edo girl i no fit shout
Okay sir
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by toideve(m): 5:31am On May 22, 2016
Enahi:
Ok Ladies & Gentlemen I need to go shower.
I am very grateful to all of you that contributed to this thread, I didn't know we had so many people from Edo State till y'all assisted me with names.

I am glad some of ya liked this thread, I will try as much as possible to keep updating it.
And to some people that has used this opportunity to insult Edo Ladies May God forgive you.

And i also noticed some of you arguing over some artist, oh well that's good perhaps there are some stuffs u know that we don't know.

Thank you.

Your humility is priceless. Bless you sis!
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by toideve(m): 5:39am On May 22, 2016
banky222:
OK help me clarify this Ahmed Musa story. heard. he is actually an Edo guy.

I think his mother is Edo
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by gebest: 9:50am On May 22, 2016
tosinjay:
Okay sir
yes great great i win
Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by Enahi(f): 9:56am On May 22, 2016
Nigeria's gosple artist NOSA.

Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by Enahi(f): 9:58am On May 22, 2016
martha89:
Stop adding Igbo and we dont promote any Igbo please. What is your business if Edo speak Yoruba and we used to be part of them so no problem.

Sorry dear we were never part of Yoruba, we don't act alike neither do we speak same language with them. We are even more closer to the Igbos.

3 Likes

Re: Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. by Enahi(f): 10:06am On May 22, 2016
gebest:

Please get your facts right Ini Edo is from Akwa Ibom State.
She shortened her name probably to make it easier for people to pronounce. Her name is Iniobong Edo Ekim.
She was once married to Phillip Ehiaghina an Edo man.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Omashola's AMVCA 2020 Skull Dress Against Coronavirus Got People Talking (photos / Leo Edochie: Yul Edochie Shows Off His First Elder Brother - Check Picture / Nneka Miriam Onwuzuligbo Dies During Buttocks Enlargement Surgery By Dr. Anu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.