Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,059 members, 7,818,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries (2010) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries (2010) (677 Views)

NNPC To Shut Down Three Refineries For Comprehensive Rehabilitation / Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refinaries In Kogi,lagos & Bayelsa. / Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries (2010) by Danmas: 7:12am On May 21, 2016
Nigeria's state-run oil firm NNPC and China
State Construction Engineering Corporation
(CSCEC) have signed a $23bn (£16bn; 18bn
euros) deal.
The two will jointly seek financing and credits
from Chinese authorities and banks to build three
refineries and a fuel complex in Nigeria.
The project would add 750,000 barrels per day of
extra refining capacity.
NNPC hopes the construction of new refineries
will stem the flood of imported refined products
into Nigeria.
'Deepen relationships'
Nigeria is the world's 12th-largest oil producer
and the eighth-largest oil exporter.
But the country imports roughly 85% of its fuel
needs because of the disrepair and
mismanagement of its four state-owned
refineries.
"We are about to deepen the existing technical
and commercial relationships between China and
Nigeria through the signing of a memorandum of
understanding," said Shehu Ladan, head of NNPC.
The three refineries will be built in Bayelsa, Kogi
and Lagos states, while a location has to be
confirmed for the petrochemicals complex.
The Nigerian government has said that foreign
companies must invest in developing Nigeria's
infrastructure and economy first, before they can
benefit from its oil and gas exports.

http://www.bbc.com/news/10116945?SThisFB
Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries (2010) by mccoy47(m): 7:14am On May 21, 2016
Kul story. China rapidly replacing US grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries (2010) by Chigold101(m): 7:17am On May 21, 2016
Good move.

Just that this government of Buhari have been signing “plenty“ deal but none is yet to take effect.

I hope this wont start in 2019 as i am sure it is not captured in 2016 budget.
Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries (2010) by sublimes: 7:20am On May 21, 2016
Old news, year 2010 story.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries (2010) by bonechamberlain(m): 7:21am On May 21, 2016
good, but why Lagos again when dangote is already building his. so this Nigerian government has seen no reason to build any in the east. OK.
Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries (2010) by hungryboy(m): 7:22am On May 21, 2016
The dullard of Daura never ceases to amaze me,

Instead of repairing Warri and Kaduna refineries, and increasing their capacities, so that the can refine more crude,

he is trying to build new ones.
Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries (2010) by modath(f): 7:26am On May 21, 2016
hungryboy:

Instead of repairing Warri and Kaduna refineries, and increasing their capacities, so that the can refine more crude,

You see what irrational hate and quest for needless "LIKES" can cause?

Click on the link, check the DATE on the publication, then come back and edit and apportion the dullard to the right person!!!! SMH. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries (2010) by Nobody: 7:29am On May 21, 2016
hungryboy:

The Boy is really hungry for LIKES!
There is no special gift for the number of likes you get on NL. Hence try to contribute sensibly, at least once in a while, than posting Gibberish just to earn likes from the gullible ones!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries (2010) by Standing5(m): 7:41am On May 21, 2016
hungryboy:

Your mumu dey eat three times a day(1-1-1), you na once you dey eat a day(0-1-0). If not you wouldn't attack Buhari. Chances are that you praised the IB under whom the deal was agreed when the news broke.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries (2010) by telleyway: 7:51am On May 21, 2016
hungryboy:

It's better and wiser to build new ones that can operate at full capacity than to continue managing the old ones that can not run for at least two months. With modern technology, the new ones will last longer and perform better. therefore, it's economically wise to build new ones, make supply stable then overhaul the old ones.

i
Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries (2010) by telleyway: 7:53am On May 21, 2016
hungryboy:

better and wiser to build new ones that can
operate at full capacity than to continue
managing the old ones that can not run for at
least two months. With modern technology, the
new ones will last longer and perform better.
therefore, it's economically wise to build new
ones, make supply stable then overhaul the old
ones.
Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries (2010) by Rolings: 8:12am On May 21, 2016
hungryboy:

You are duller than the person you are calling a dullard. At 100% capacity the existing refineries cannot meet out daily demands so we need more refineries. Besides kaduna and warri have started producing until you unleashed your boys to destroy the pipelines so call your boys to order

Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries (2010) by Nbote(m): 8:15am On May 21, 2016
Dats 2010 news...

(1) (Reply)

51 Statements #nevertrump Compilation Of Hate Statements Made By Donald Trump / BENUE KILLINGS: 'fulani Herdsmen Attacks Is Beyond Me' – Governor Ortom / Buhari; A Once In A Life Enigma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.