Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,097 members, 7,814,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number (12363 Views)

When Does It Become Unlawful To Drive A Car Without A Registered Plate Number / Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now / Can One Retain Plate Number After Selling Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by Nobody: 8:08am On May 21, 2016
Hi Guys,
VIO removed both front and back plate number of my vehicle where i packed it yesterday in Abuja. Wrong packing was their reason. I didn't bother to go to their office or follow up. My question is, can i clone my plate number since the car is fully registered? I do not have the money to pay for VIO fine. Awaiting your inputs.

2 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by AntiWailer: 8:22am On May 21, 2016
U want to add cloning offence to your list.

Just try and go and sort them out.

And I am wondering au some one removed ur plated number without any challenge.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by Gazuzz(m): 8:36am On May 21, 2016
futuredangote:
Hi Guys,
VIO removed both front and back plate number of my vehicle where i packed it yesterday in Abuja. Wrong packing was their reason. I didn't bother to go to their office or follow up. My question is, can i clone my plate number since the car is fully registered? I do not have the money to pay for VIO fine. Awaiting your inputs.

it will be cheaper to pay the fine.

Modified:
I will be hosted by my Good friend Mr chucks and will be at his workshop located at Digital Carsolutions Ltd. 36 Eze Gbakagbaka Avenue Woji Port Harcourt from 10am Tuesday 24th May - 2pm Saturday 28th May 2016.

3 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by colossus2: 9:09am On May 21, 2016
Gazuzz:

Bro wetin happen sad
What happened to GAZZUZZ. Just hope this is not a clone
Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by Gazuzz(m): 11:00am On May 21, 2016
colossus2:

Bro wetin happen sad
What happened to GAZZUZZ. Just hope this is not a clone

the robot too de ban the other one, so I decided to create more of me, so when one is serving a ban the other one is free in the wild grin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by Nobody: 12:43pm On May 21, 2016
futuredangote:
Hi Guys,

Was the VIO's citing you parking in the wrong place as a reason for them removing your license plates wrong? You give the impression that they picked on you for no reason.

You were illegally parked, and your license plates were confiscated to ensure you return to pay the fine, and also as a means of tracing you. Now you intend to illegally obtain a cloned set of license plates, to circumvent the law.

Do you find it difficult to do the right thing, for a change?

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by Nobody: 9:51pm On May 21, 2016
Thanks everyone for your contributions. I will locate them on Monday. However, no written note was dropped on my vehicle as to where and how to locate them. It's only the people around that told me it's VIO. Is that Legal?
Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by Alvin007: 6:55pm On May 22, 2016
Gazuzz:

the robot too de ban the other one, so I decided to create more of me, so when one is serving a ban the other one is free in the wild grin

That's also 'cloning'...your account cheesy grin
Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 22, 2016
futuredangote:
Thanks everyone for your contributions. I will locate them on Monday. However, no written note was dropped on my vehicle as to where and how to locate them. It's only the people around that told me it's VIO. Is that Legal?

No, it's not legal. But this is Nigeria, where anything goes.

7 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by ataspray(m): 1:32am On May 23, 2016
Siena:

No, it's not legal. But this is Nigeria, where anything goes.
this post of yours just had me thinking, and it has made me really sad!. i weep for this country really.. it's so sad.

4 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by Gazuzz(m): 7:14am On May 23, 2016
In lagos, your car would have been towed to their office.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by Yusmash00: 6:35am On May 24, 2016
Clone that shit man grin

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by jeffizy(m): 6:35am On May 24, 2016
Gazuzz:
In lagos, your car would have been towed to their office.
Guess they couldn't afford to fuel the tow truck in this case.

5 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by ThePENGENIUS(m): 6:36am On May 24, 2016
Brother don't clone shiit. It's disturbing to see how difficult it's becoming for people to simply do the right things without second thoughts.

You broke a law in the first place, and apparently you're not remorseful enough to admit you did, by making it right by them. Now you want to break a second....Tell me how you're different from Saraki?? angry angry

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by guywitzerogal(m): 6:36am On May 24, 2016
Gazuzz:

nice one Lolz naija for show
Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by feldido(m): 6:37am On May 24, 2016
You can as well cloned your car, so whenever it is siezed you can drive the clone.

6 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by guywitzerogal(m): 6:38am On May 24, 2016
ataspray:

this post of yours just had me thinking, and it has made me really sad!. i weep for this country really.. it's so sad.
story clone anytin cloneable if u can clone the car ride on we dey ur back

4 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by Frank3n2(m): 6:39am On May 24, 2016
VIO people dey mad sha.. So they could not clamp your tyres..

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by Pavore9: 6:41am On May 24, 2016
Go pay the fine and collect your number plates.
Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by clefstone(m): 6:46am On May 24, 2016
You r stingy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by Innodon(m): 6:48am On May 24, 2016
Go and claim your number plates back
Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by tellwisdom: 6:52am On May 24, 2016
Zombie man....common VIO collect your plate number and you were already thinking of cloning another one. Dem go kill you for their office?? angry

4 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by Apelex(m): 6:52am On May 24, 2016
futuredangote:
Hi Guys,

Don't clone..I once did it when I lost one of my plates..FRSC pulled me over and siezed my license and I was charged for NPV(number plate violation) I had to pay 4k to get back my license and was strongly advised to redo my plates...don't clone.. Even the police will trouble you..trust me.have been dere

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by IamRespected: 6:55am On May 24, 2016
Gazuzz:

Brother which robot are u talking about? Is it the one that starts with "m" and ends with "4"? That guy dy annoy me mad.....anyway about to embark on a journey from lagos to onitsha, would create a thread en route.....watch out

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by SPG4U(m): 6:57am On May 24, 2016
Hope ur car itself is not a clone of it's real self

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by niggi4life(m): 7:02am On May 24, 2016
I was at Ikeja(computer village) yesterday when I saw the policemen removing plate numbers from different vehicles for offence of parking beside the road.

In as much as they begged these policemen they refused.

Later a towing van was brought in and the cars were towed in batches.

As soon as it got to one particular vehicle, the towing van broke down and they could not tow that particular car, so they left(even out of hurriedness they didn't remove the plate number of that said car...

After like 20mins, An old woman was walking slowly to her vehicle, she was humming an old song,looking happy (maybe after purchasing a fairly used phone)

People just gathered her and were telling her how lucky she was that her vehicle would have been towed if not for the mechanical issues the towing van had.

My own question is; where would they have parked?

9 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by Nobody: 7:04am On May 24, 2016
Go to their office raise your voice for them, tell them it is illegal to remove ur number plate without any note in fact u av the legal right to sue them to the court of law
Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by Addicted2Women: 7:07am On May 24, 2016
In Nigeria, it's not illegal
Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by bigtt76(f): 7:08am On May 24, 2016
Do they have to remove plates? All they need to do is map the charges to the owner's licence number and whenever he goes back to renew his licence, made to pay the charges angry I wonder why we can never change our ways in this country. You owe NEPA bill, they climb pole to disconnect you. You park wrongly, den remove number plate, you drive rough, den seize your license ...haba ...there are better ways to do this jaaaaare!

16 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by dfrost: 7:13am On May 24, 2016
angry
Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:18am On May 24, 2016
Gazuzz:

Modified: and this hit front page shocked

I will be hosted by my Good friend Mr chucks and will be at his workshop located at Digital Carsolutions Ltd. 36 Eze Gbakagbaka Avenue Woji Port Harcourt from 10am Tuesday 24th May - 2pm Saturday 28th May 2016. 08033910382
Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by DisGuy: 7:37am On May 24, 2016
since they didn't drop a note or meet you there, how exactlu do you know the offence. If you go to their office how are you sure that is the branch they came from or what if they charge you for something else entirely?this is senseless extortion- they could atleast leave a note with your offence, contact details and date

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

2003 Honda Civic........ / After The Floods, Will Flood Cars Flood The Market? / Is Benz ML320 Good For Nigeria Roads?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.