Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,514 members, 7,836,964 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number (12384 Views)

When Does It Become Unlawful To Drive A Car Without A Registered Plate Number / Plate Number Theives: Check Your Plate Number Now / Can One Retain Plate Number After Selling Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by Nobody: 7:41am On May 24, 2016
Very wrong,the desired change in Nigeria, begins with you, and I.

Its cheaper to collect it back,than cloning. You will have rest of mind.
Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by vickylala239: 7:44am On May 24, 2016
ThePENGENIUS:
Brother don't clone shiit. It's disturbing to see how difficult it's becoming for people to simply do the right things without second thoughts.

You broke a law in the first place, and apparently you're not remorseful enough to admit you did, by making it right by them. Now you want to break a second....Tell me how you're different from Saraki?? angry angry

Guy who told you that any agency has the right to take off ur plate number,without giving you reasons...

Also how do they know that the owner actually parked the car There...that it was not stolen from the owner any parked anywhr after operation...

What if after they Mst Hv removed d plate number,police move the car to their site claiming the car was report as stolen,who will they catch for wrong parking? The owner of the car,Dat they was stolen from or the thieves?

Cn they take off government vehicle Lik that?

our governors drive any side of the road,Dey Dnt obey traffic... Hv u Eva gone to see campaign ground before and see how government vehicles are parked...

Which law are you talking of?

Abi the road safety guys Dat drive abt with expire types,broken head light,same as police...
Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by friyor246(m): 8:13am On May 24, 2016
My brother anything can happen in nigeria how do u no that it the VIO that removed your plate number? Pls normally if its wrong packing i belive that they suppose toe your car pls go to their office to verify and pay the fin its better
Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by kkulaja(m): 8:15am On May 24, 2016
vickylala239:

Guy who told you that any agency has the right to take off ur plate number,without giving you reasons...

Also how do they know that the owner actually parked the car There...that it was not stolen from the owner any parked anywhr after operation...

What if after they Mst Hv removed d plate number,police move the car to their site claiming the car was report as stolen,who will they catch for wrong parking? The owner of the car,Dat they was stolen from or the thieves?

Cn they take off government vehicle Lik that?

our governors drive any side of the road,Dey Dnt obey traffic... Hv u Eva gone to see campaign ground before and see how government vehicles are parked...

Abi the road safety guys Dat drive abt with expire types,broken head light,same as police...

Yes you made sense,it could ve been there illegally,9ja forces and their apruka ways.
It is illegal to remove a car plate nos,even the VI0 staff can sneak a plate no from D office and give criminals to operate with,so they have no right for a plate no issued out already tobe in their possession again especially without the consent of the owner,
But what has VI0 got to do with traffic offense like wrong parking,that is the duty of Lastma.and the car should be towed not removing no plates.its illegal
Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by Exponental(m): 8:21am On May 24, 2016
You want to justify an offence with another offence. Anyway, VIO won't be your only problem if you clone, FRSC and police will join.
Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by Nobody: 8:26am On May 24, 2016
futuredangote:
Hi Guys,
VIO removed both front and back plate number of my vehicle where i packed it yesterday in Abuja. Wrong packing was their reason. I didn't bother to go to their office or follow up. My question is, can i clone my plate number since the car is fully registered? I do not have the money to pay for VIO fine. Awaiting your inputs.

Go and settle the offence, pay the fine and behave like a car owner.

Dont be like a typical Nigerian car owner thats spends millions to purchase a car and yet cant pay 2000 naira for a fire extighuisher.

Stop embarrassing your self on this forum, or did you steal the car? angry sad angry
Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by ThePENGENIUS(m): 8:55am On May 24, 2016
vickylala239:

Do you have to lose your heads because others are losing theirs??
Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by akpos2016: 9:03am On May 24, 2016
Locate them and resolve it
Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by onunath: 9:04am On May 24, 2016
In naija, corruption has been d oda of d day, notin like law n order, just go n settle wit dose guys afterall na money dey want
Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by iyisco2001(m): 9:08am On May 24, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
another ban loading.
Gazuzz:

the robot too de ban the other one, so I decided to create more of me, so when one is serving a ban the other one is free in the wild grin
Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by boye1: 9:26am On May 24, 2016
I would advise you go and get a police report that your plate number has been stolen before going to the VIO office. There is really no common sense in taking your plate number without dropping a note on the vehicle. Your plate number can be used for robbery and you know exactly what will follow. This also happens in the United Kingdom, you can Google number plate theft.

The first step is to inform the police. There is no difference between them and armed robbers stealing plate number for robbery, the public should be enlightened before armed robbers parade themselves in fake VIO uniform and do the same.

The VIO staff can even be prosecuted for stealing plates number, you can copy Ambode on twitter if you have proof.

cc futuredangote

4 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by Nobody: 9:47am On May 24, 2016
Gazuzz:

the robot too de ban the other one, so I decided to create more of me, so when one is serving a ban the other one is free in the wild grin

This is kwarruption.

undecided
Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by ekefre4(m): 10:16am On May 24, 2016
Yusmash00:
Clone that shit man grin
grin grin but seriously I will just clone it. Rubbish. When they took the number did they drop any ticket? I will just assume someone stole it. So I cloned it since the number is duly registered in my name. I think it's time things are done right in Nigeria. Also get a police report first sha

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by mamawin(f): 10:17am On May 24, 2016
niggi4life:
I was at Ikeja(computer village) yesterday when I saw the policemen removing plate numbers from different vehicles for offence of parking beside the road.

In as much as they begged these policemen they refused.

Later a towing van was brought in and the cars were towed in batches.

As soon as it got to one particular vehicle, the towing van broke down and they could not tow that particular car, so they left(even out of hurriedness they didn't remove the plate number of that said car...

After like 20mins, An old woman was walking slowly to her vehicle, she was humming an old song,looking happy (maybe after purchasing a fairly used phone)

People just gathered her and were telling her how lucky she was that her vehicle would have been towed if not for the mechanical issues the towing van had.

My own question is; where would they have parked?
kikikikiki, old mama tins, ohun to agbalagba fi n he eko, abe ewe lo wa.
Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by Abee79(m): 10:18am On May 24, 2016
Siena:

No, it's not legal. But this is Nigeria, where anything goes.
Unfortunately . . . cry
Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by Originalsly: 10:28am On May 24, 2016
Bro..is it that you believe even if you break the law you must find a way of avoiding the penalty?...even if you have to breaking another law? .... or is it that you fear going in because something about your car/you is not legit?
Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by jojothaiv(m): 10:31am On May 24, 2016
jeffizy:
Guess they couldn't afford to fuel the tow truck in this case.
Now, I know where you are going with this...

Sir, things will be alright
Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by rawtouch: 11:06am On May 24, 2016
go to their office in mabushi or jabi and report nor fear it won't cost u so much it's wrong to remove both plates also report at a police station b4 them go use ur plates go do illegal movement
Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by fullz: 11:44am On May 24, 2016
Siena:

No, it's not legal. But this is Nigeria, where anything goes.

if anything goes, cloning the number is allowed.
Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by DedeNkem: 1:53pm On May 24, 2016
futuredangote:
Hi Guys,
VIO removed both front and back plate number of my vehicle where i packed it yesterday in Abuja. Wrong packing was their reason. I didn't bother to go to their office or follow up. My question is, can i clone my plate number since the car is fully registered? I do not have the money to pay for VIO fine. Awaiting your inputs.

But what has VIO got to do with where a car is packed? I thought it was the job of FRSC!

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by Emekayoung(m): 2:22pm On May 24, 2016
Make sure u don't go there wit the car because they will possibly find a means to impound ur car wen u get there since they culdn't do it where u parked it,hence the removal of the plates..
Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by ataspray(m): 4:08pm On May 24, 2016
DedeNkem:

But has VIO got to do with where a car is packed? I thought it was the job of FRSC!
Actually, it's the work of LASTMA.
Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by king406(m): 6:36pm On May 24, 2016
Siena:

Was the VIO's citing you parking in the wrong place as a reason for them removing your license plates wrong? You give the impression that they picked on you for no reason.

You were illegally parked, and your license plates were confiscated to ensure you return to pay the fine, and also as a means of tracing you. Now you intend to illegally obtain a cloned set of license plates, to circumvent the law.

Do you find it difficult to do the right thing, for a change?
you are a good speaker Mr. Audi cool
Re: Dangers Of Cloning Your Plate Number by Gazuzz(m): 9:13pm On May 25, 2016
Naughtysite:

This is kwarruption.

undecided

but it is not stealing tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

NDDC To Train Unemployed Youths At Innoson Motors / The Volvo Xc90 SUV: To Kill Or Not To Kill / The Confessions Of A Crooked Car Dealer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.