Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Police Brutality, Please Help! (Got An Apology) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Brutality, Please Help! (Got An Apology) (735 Views)

#1.7 Billion Budgeted For Aso Rock Feeding: Doesn't GEJ Deserve An Apology ? / Man Alleges Police Brutality At Sango Police Station, Ibadan (photos) / "I Owe No One An Apology! Chibok Kidnap Is A Scam" - Asari Dokubo's Wife Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Brutality, Please Help! (Got An Apology) by Esibi(m): 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2009
My wife had misunderstanding with the wife of a police constable and she decided not to greet me again. But over time she changed and started greeting me but continued to keep malice with my wife. After getting fed up, I returned from work specifically on Thursday, August 13, 2009 and requested that she should stop greeting me too as long as she would wish to continue to keep malice with my wife.

After insulting me, she quickly went ahead to call her police constable husband who was then still at work. The husband too went ahead to call two of his own younger brothers: one a mobile police constable and the other a generator mechanic apprentice.

Later in the evening, the three brothers: a police constable, a mobile police constable and a generator mechanic apprentice, all swooped on me in front of my apartment to give me a beating better imagined than experienced.

They slapped me on both sides of my face and hit me on the chest with their bare hands, belt and furniture. Some neighbours who came around to help were even hurt.

As if not satisfied, the police man quickly rushed to the nearest police staition to get me arrested with the intention to get me locked up for only God knows how long. He dishonestly reported to the that my wife and myselef beat up his wife.

Ater making my own statement, the DPO threatened to detain him (the police constable) after finding out that he had only beaten me up and suffered me for no just cause. But another policeman intervened to beg and the constable was told to give me verbal apology.

Dear Nairalanders, my pain is that this police constable resfused to produce his two brothers that joined him to beat me up when asked to do so by the popilce officer who took our statements at the police station. So I have the feeling that they are very likely to repeat this incidence to me or someone else later in the future.

PLEASE HELP.

>> How do I get these three brothers to face justice?
>> Is there anyone out there that can assist me to bring these guys to justice?

I live in an Abuja satelite town.

Thank you all.
Re: Police Brutality, Please Help! (Got An Apology) by Seun(m): 1:11pm On Aug 19, 2009
The justice you got is the most you can hope to get in Nigeria.
Just try not to get into a fight with the relative of any policeman.
In fact, you and your wife should give his wife a gift to assure them
that they are "truly forgiven". Be smart, this is Nigeria. May you live long.
Re: Police Brutality, Please Help! (Got An Apology) by tboy1(m): 1:17pm On Aug 19, 2009
Seun:

that they are "truly forgiven".  Be smart, this is Nigeria. May you live long.
cheesy grin cheesy
Funny but sooo True
Only if you're got someone in airforce,navy or army should you attempt to fight anyone who is or related to nigerian police.
Re: Police Brutality, Please Help! (Got An Apology) by Afam(m): 1:18pm On Aug 19, 2009
If you agreed to the apology then there is no point in pursuing any case because the brothers had no problems with you but acted in the interest of their brother and you are making peace with the guy while trying to bring the 2 brothers to justice.

Doesn't make sense to me as you cannot eat your cake and have it.

If you want to go ahead to file charges for assault you can and trust me you will, forget about comments that tend to discourage anyone from fighting for his rights in this country.

Police men and women are being dismissed almost every week and this is because some Nigerians insist on not allowing them go scot free for their actions.
Re: Police Brutality, Please Help! (Got An Apology) by hollandis(f): 1:40pm On Aug 19, 2009
Seun:

That's a joke right?
Esibi:

My wife had misunderstanding with the wife of a police constable and she decided not to greet me again. But over time she changed and started greeting me but continued to keep malice with my wife. After getting fed up, I returned from work specifically on Thursday, August 13, 2009 and requested that she should stop greeting me too as long as she would wish to continue to keep malice with my wife.

After insulting me, she quickly went ahead to call her police constable husband who was then still at work. The husband too went ahead to call two of his own younger brothers: one a mobile police constable and the other a generator mechanic apprentice.

Later in the evening, the three brothers: a police constable, a mobile police constable and a generator mechanic apprentice, all swooped on me in front of my apartment to give me a beating better imagined than experienced.

They slapped me on both sides of my face and hit me on the chest with their bare hands, belt and furniture. Some neighbours who came around to help were even hurt.

As if not satisfied, the police man quickly rushed to the nearest police staition to get me arrested with the intention to get me locked up for only God knows how long. He dishonestly reported to the that my wife and myselef beat up his wife.

Ater making my own statement, the DPO threatened to detain him (the police constable) after finding out that he had only beaten me up and suffered me for no just cause. But another policeman intervened to beg and the constable was told to give me verbal apology.

Dear Nairalanders, my pain is that this police constable resfused to produce his two brothers that joined him to beat me up when asked to do so by the popilce officer who took our statements at the police station. So I have the feeling that they are very likely to repeat this incidence to me or someone else later in the future.

PLEASE HELP.

>> How do I get these three brothers to face justice?
>> Is there anyone out there that can assist me to bring these guys to justice?

I live in an Abuja satelite town.

Thank you all.
Why would a police officer whose main duty of upholding law ,get embroiled in domestic squabbles.He is a miscreant,and miscreants should be taught a lesson.
Please all hope is not yet lost.The perpetrator of this evil atrocity will be made to face the full wrath of the law.
Take your case to a competent lawyer(Most assuredly, a human right activist)-I have done it before.I can recommend for you lawyers that will be willing to take your case without a dime.Record every conversation with the police as careful and precise as you can
I took a lecturer's case to court and I won.Since then I have believed in the power of the court
Re: Police Brutality, Please Help! (Got An Apology) by Ibime(m): 1:45pm On Aug 19, 2009
Guy, you better let bygones be bygones and seek absolution from that Policeman. May you live long.
Re: Police Brutality, Please Help! (Got An Apology) by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 19, 2009
Seun:

Seun, don't kill me abeg!!!
Nigeria I hail thee o!!

(1) (Reply)

Our National Leaders Are Wicked! / Which Identity Is Dearest To You : Faith,Humanity Or Country ? / A Nigerian Stalking Ryan Seacrest? Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.