Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,218 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Engine Smokes When Leaving A Traffic Please Help A Brother - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Engine Smokes When Leaving A Traffic Please Help A Brother (3080 Views)

Nigerian Man Overjoyed After He Got A Traffic Offence Ticket From FRSC / 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. / MY RAV 4 Smokes When I Starts It In The Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Engine Smokes When Leaving A Traffic Please Help A Brother by yungkizzymiami(m): 4:04pm On May 21, 2016
Hi car lover/freaks like me

I have a Volkswagen golf 4 2.0L auto trans
I left the car for over a month without driving it and I just changed the engine oil, oil filter, even before I changed it the mechanic asked me to used engine flush so I did, and after changing the oil with our Nigerian mobile oil, I used abro oil treatment as the mechanic said but my car still smoke and bluish color smoke when I stop the car from moving maybe because of traffic and Then accelerate to move again .. it's very unpleasant because my car is still very clean with good body and I'm a young guy and it worry me to see my car smoke .. and when I open the engine oil cover I'll see a "gold-like" color around the cap of the cover and also I observed that when I bring out the oil gauge to check the oil, I will see some white stuffs around the gauge (this whitish stuffs looks exactly like all those white stuffs that you find under some quality vegetable or groundnut oils when are kept in a cold environment for long)

please brothers help .. I really don't want to waste money on this ... if it's something I can fix or I should get a new engine ..

I am really looking forward to getting a pleasant advice from you guys. thanks

Re: Engine Smokes When Leaving A Traffic Please Help A Brother by kingreign(m): 4:37pm On May 21, 2016
yungkizzymiami:
Hi car lover/freaks like me

I have a Volkswagen golf 4 2.0L auto trans
I left the car for over a month without driving it and I just changed the engine oil, oil filter, even before I changed it the mechanic asked me to used engine flush so I did, and after changing the oil with our Nigerian mobile oil, I used abro oil treatment as the mechanic said but my car still smoke and bluish color smoke when I stop the car from moving maybe because of traffic and Then accelerate to move again .. it's very unpleasant because my car is still very clean with good body and I'm a young guy and it worry me to see my car smoke .. and when I open the engine oil cover I'll see a "gold-like" color around the cap of the cover and also I observed that when I bring out the oil gauge to check the oil, I will see some white stuffs around the gauge (this whitish stuffs looks exactly like all those white stuffs that you find under some quality vegetable or groundnut oils when are kept in a cold environment for long)

please brothers help .. I really don't want to waste money on this ... if it's something I can fix or I should get a new engine ..

I am really looking forward to getting a pleasant advice from you guys. thanks

Bad news because it means the engine is burning oil. Check your valve seals, valve seal guides, piston rings or cylinder.
If its confirmed to be piston rings or cylinder, pls no waste time ring that engine, its a waste of cash, instead buy a tokunbo engine.

1 Like

Re: Engine Smokes When Leaving A Traffic Please Help A Brother by yungkizzymiami(m): 4:46pm On May 21, 2016
kingreign:

Bad news because it means the engine is burning oil. Check your valve seals, valve seal guides, piston rings or cylinder.
If its confirmed to be piston rings or cylinder, pls no waste time ring that engine, its a waste of cash, instead buy a tokunbo engine.

thanks .... but do you know how much a 1.8L or 2.8L(v6) will cost for a golf 4 engine
Re: Engine Smokes When Leaving A Traffic Please Help A Brother by kingreign(m): 5:22pm On May 21, 2016
yungkizzymiami:

thanks .... but do you know how much a 1.8L or 2.8L(v6) will cost for a golf 4 engine

Let a competent mechanic check and confirm. If its confirmed your engine needs replacement, replace with same engine type as installed in your car.
Re: Engine Smokes When Leaving A Traffic Please Help A Brother by mayor2013: 9:21pm On May 21, 2016
Time to replace that engine
Re: Engine Smokes When Leaving A Traffic Please Help A Brother by Readonee35L(m): 9:46pm On May 21, 2016
Replace that Oil in your engine, you might have purchased bad oil.

My Honda pilot once smoked Iike a chimney.
blue smokes like that of a mack Truck , and it later stopped by it self tho.

But try changing your oil first .
And make sure it's not over filled
Re: Engine Smokes When Leaving A Traffic Please Help A Brother by ataspray(m): 9:47pm On May 21, 2016
op you actually put up 3 pictures of your car that have NOTHING to do with the problem described, not even a picture of the engine bay sef. na wa o

4 Likes

Re: Engine Smokes When Leaving A Traffic Please Help A Brother by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:17am On May 22, 2016
ataspray:
op you actually put up 3 pictures of your car that have NOTHING to do with the problem described, not even a picture of the engine bay sef. na wa o

he wanted you to see the fine paint job tongue

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Engine Smokes When Leaving A Traffic Please Help A Brother by herrlekan(m): 3:45am On May 22, 2016
This ride deserve a non smoking engine.

1 Like

Re: Engine Smokes When Leaving A Traffic Please Help A Brother by lawsta(m): 4:43am On May 22, 2016
the engine flush could av damage some oil seals. if it smokes only after being parked for some and later disappear it may be weak valves oil seals need changing. if it smokes when climbing or on low gears it may be worn rings, may ring the engine by highly competent and honest meco.
Re: Engine Smokes When Leaving A Traffic Please Help A Brother by Burger01(m): 5:49am On May 22, 2016
ataspray:
Abi o. Not even picture of the whitish stuffs around the oil gauge. Wetin we wan take picture of the car do
Re: Engine Smokes When Leaving A Traffic Please Help A Brother by kingreign(m): 5:54am On May 22, 2016
lawsta:
the engine flush could av damage some oil seals. if it smokes only after being parked for some and later disappear it may be weak valves oil seals need changing. if it smokes when climbing or on low gears it may be worn rings, may ring the engine by highly competent and honest meco.
Ringing the engine (Engine rebuild) isn't a bad idea in the real sense because you get an engine that is back to great working condition. Problem is how do you get OEM rebuild kits and not some cheap chinko materials which after say, 3-6 months, you're back to square 1 again with over 20-30k spent?
Re: Engine Smokes When Leaving A Traffic Please Help A Brother by fkayode: 7:24am On May 22, 2016
You can try XFT , it works for me on rx 300.
Re: Engine Smokes When Leaving A Traffic Please Help A Brother by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:34am On May 22, 2016
fkayode:
You can try XFT , it works for me on rx 300.

is XTF a fuel additive?
Re: Engine Smokes When Leaving A Traffic Please Help A Brother by fkayode: 7:47am On May 22, 2016
It is xtreme fuel treatment.
Google XFT or watch on YouTube
Re: Engine Smokes When Leaving A Traffic Please Help A Brother by fkayode: 8:14am On May 22, 2016
If you want to know more about XFT, call or whatsapp me on 08032201221
Re: Engine Smokes When Leaving A Traffic Please Help A Brother by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:28am On May 22, 2016
fkayode:

so if I get you right, you are advising the OP to use a fuel additive to solve his current issues?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3743896_cdatausersdefappsappdatainternetexplorertempsavedimages26203001882853floxy575054jpegjpega6cef402d37c69b96698153abf731028jpeg68e0b3c93bbcdefc90108b0336c60d28_jpeg6b53d27a7f94b6ce1c5254e903ed7275

4 Likes

Re: Engine Smokes When Leaving A Traffic Please Help A Brother by fkayode: 9:15am On May 22, 2016
Re: Engine Smokes When Leaving A Traffic Please Help A Brother by princemillla(m): 10:36am On May 22, 2016
I will never in my entire life advice anyone to use engine flush. It damaged my last vehicle engine. Some crank sound suddenly evolved.

Op wish u good luck on ur quest to correcting the abnormality

1 Like

Re: Engine Smokes When Leaving A Traffic Please Help A Brother by yungkizzymiami(m): 4:38pm On Jun 05, 2016
mayor2013:
Time to replace that engine
. that's my plan
Re: Engine Smokes When Leaving A Traffic Please Help A Brother by kingreign(m): 5:52pm On Jun 05, 2016
fkayode:

Re: Engine Smokes When Leaving A Traffic Please Help A Brother by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 06, 2016
Hmm what kind of Nigerian Mobile oil did you use?

Was it the mechanic who bought the oil?

Why should you use engine flush for a grade 1 golf 4, that never had engine issues.

Look at the oil cover in the engine , you will see the recommended oil for that car, it can be less than 5w40 grade.

Dont use engine flush on this car again o. Since you said blue smoke its obvious your engine is smoking and burning oil.

You must be a very rough driver . If the situation doesnt improve I suggest you go for another engine, since the bush mechanic has succeeded in killing your engine.
Re: Engine Smokes When Leaving A Traffic Please Help A Brother by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 06, 2016
lawsta:

unfortunatley this brand of jetta uses an aluminium engine , the cylinders cant be rebored.

Its better to replace the engine, a replacement engine can be gotten for N80k or less.
Re: Engine Smokes When Leaving A Traffic Please Help A Brother by timenamoney: 9:04am On Apr 10, 2019
Use marvel mystrey oil or seafoam, u can get in kings or jumia online market ,I have used it in many cars with good results or google is and see what others are saying about it, am surprised everyone is asking u to change ur engine, 4 of in ur engine oil for 20 to 50 miles will solve ur problem except it is a likage, sorry this is an old topic.

(1) (Reply)

How I Fixed My My Car Steering Rack / Injectors Cleaning Demystified / Driving Automatic Vehicles With Both Legs.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.