Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,965 members, 7,821,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Letters To The FG & ASUU - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Letters To The FG & ASUU (7866 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU And ASUP Strike: How Have You Been Spending Your Time? / A Call On The Fg And Nuc To Close Down Madonna University Okija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letters To The FG & ASUU by Phemour: 3:29pm On Aug 19, 2009
Dear ASUU,

It’s of no use to start by pleading ‘coz you won’t listen, for months your kids have been with you at home, a Prof and His/Her Daughter/Son in movie days for months, what a shame.

I would have gone for farming but “Education is the best legacy you could give to a child” you said.

Dear FG,

“Youths of Today are the leaders of tomorrow” “Education is the best legacy you could give to a child” How good could that leader of tomorrow be, trained by an Angry and Hungry Lectures.

Pay these people and let’s go off this worthless Strike.

The Mr. President called himself a retired teacher but all he can do to ASUU Strike is to go out of the country.

I’m tire of Domestic work, I want to live alone.

I’m Blue.  sad

Please, do something fast to ASUU Strike.

Thanks a Quadrillion.
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by Phemour: 3:38pm On Aug 19, 2009
You too can write your own Letter in this Thread.
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by Tudor6(f): 4:18pm On Aug 19, 2009
Dear ASUU,
fight for your rights!
Do not listen to the FG when they say your reward is in heaven, THERE IS NO HEAVEN!
The benefits and fulfilments of your job must be enjoyed now.
Good luck.
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by Phemour: 5:19pm On Aug 19, 2009
Gosh. sad
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by delejames(m): 6:44pm On Aug 19, 2009
Tudór:

Dear ASUU,
fight for your rights!
Do not listen to the FG when they say your reward is in heaven, THERE IS NO HEAVEN!
The benefits and fulfilments of your job must be enjoyed now.
Good luck.

i do not concur with that,THERE IS HEAVEN!!!!!!

MY LETTER

Dear ASUU,

Is going on strike the  only way  you can talk to the Goverment?
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by Dclique(m): 9:03pm On Aug 19, 2009
Umm, Yea!!
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by snokky(m): 11:41pm On Aug 19, 2009
Dear FG

Did you go through all these wahala while you were all young? some of you study on a free ride scholarship here in naija. And look at wot u re using to pay back. O ma se o.

Dear Aasu,

I have AK 47, if i see you in the lecture room without getting your demand, i will, lol,  but u know, let those dude pay you big time, they have the money, so get your share of the 'national cake' too, tomorrow might be too late.

Dear President,
Nigeria Student Association, Its a big shame you guys re sitting at home and didnt pass a circular for a nation wide mass protest. I think they say uneasy lies the head that wear the crown ni ke? seems say the head don sleep with vita foam pillow sef. ahhh,  mo kare lai, lol,

As for u female students, i dont wanna see u on campus with bele o,  uhm,  cos u dey home now dey enjoy o.
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by Dclique(m): 11:51pm On Aug 19, 2009
Mehn, i don see student.
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by iammodel(m): 12:31am On Aug 20, 2009
hmmmmmmm, na wah. i read abt sometime ago of ASUU saying that strike
is the only tool with which they can fight th FG now, cos they have used other
implement:negotiation and lobbying and not seems to work. it was also said in
the news that ASUU is not seeking for increase in salary alone but also better
funding of nigerian universities, to riase the standard to those of other uninersities
in the world.
Well, am using the
opportunity to enjoy my stay with my bro in ghana. the only problem i now have
with the strike,cos it used to bother me alot, but not that much again, is that they
won't let me graduate soon so i can join my brother in ghana for fulltime enjoyment.
SHOULD WE CONTINUE TO COPE WITH THE PRESENT SITUATIONS IN OUR UNIVERSITIES OR ASK FOR A BETTER STANDARD? THINK ASUU IS TRYING TO ANS THE LATER QUESTIONS.
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by blackmann(m): 1:19am On Aug 20, 2009
if i may ask, hw long has the ongoing strike been sef?
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by pongwa(m): 1:39am On Aug 20, 2009
Dear fg,                    u are al bunch of failures and u deserve 2 face a panel in that u cldnt resolve a pertinent issue 4 ova a month,i think u shld al leave ur post, u r toyn wt d future of 2morow's leada, nemesis wl soon catch up wit u.                          Dear ASUU,              honestly i salute ur doggedness,resoluteness in d struggle 4 improved welfare,infrastructure 4 uni's truly ur reward is in heaven. Nw d nation knows we v a govt dt doesnt care bout education. I am totally in support of wt is right nd u r right.
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by chyk91(m): 2:08am On Aug 20, 2009
FG,
I dont even know what to say to u, u guys are so annoying, u piss me off, i just wish all ur children in foreign schools will be repartriated and forced to sit at home so u can feel what i am feeling now, shame on u guys, u are a disgrace.

ASUU,
I dont know what to say to u guys too, i would have commended u guys, but i know u guys will never get all ur demands before calling off this useless strike, 109% increase in salary from this FG is a joke, so pls stop wasting our time and call of this strike, cos u guys can never get a 109% increase never. Also why will u want an old man of 70 years to still teach us, most times they are not audible in class and yet u guys dont want to retire.

PRESIDENT YAR ADUA,
To start with u were once a teacher and i expect u to know the plight of other teachers, but since u av adopted a siddon look attitude. BULL YOU. u look very sickly resign now and take care of urself, i cant even see u takin care of urself talkless of a whole nation. u av FAILED and i repeat it U AV FAILED. BULL YOU.
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by maedan(f): 2:13am On Aug 20, 2009
Dear ASUU,

We all feel your pain - but every day you keep up the strike, is another day for our young girls and guys to spend on the streets looking for something to occupy their idle minds. Don't be surprised if you call off the strike, go back to campus and find there is noone there. All the students have gone off to learn a trade, join an armed robbery gang or joined a prostitution ring. Do you really want that on your conscience?

That said, I believe people should fight for what they believe in. But with every war comes collateral damage - and in this case, it's not the government that suffers, but your wards, the students. Do what you have to do. Just remember who pays the price when you do it.

From,
Concerned Onlooker
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by otokx(m): 5:38am On Aug 20, 2009
Dear ASUU

He who pulls the plough and looks back is not fit for the kingdom. This government that just gave 400 billion to their friends who stole the masses money can give you 109% very easily. To think that the 400 billion finished in 2 days and that they are now thinking of 1 trillion gives one food for thought. What is the point writing an exam with candle? or doing a laboratory experiment in the pages of a textbook. Please and please let this whole dispute be resolved once and for all. We the students are tired of disruption of academic calendars so let this be the grand finale.

Concerned student
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by Stamford007(m): 7:27am On Aug 20, 2009
Dear Assu,pls abeg free us now we are getting deteriorated at home let go back to school great ife!!!
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by muyiwarh: 7:36am On Aug 20, 2009
anyone considered mass students-demonstration
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by RichyBlacK(m): 7:50am On Aug 20, 2009
ASUU has my support, of course!

The Nigerian government remains the[b] most useless government[/b] humanity has ever had the misfortune of witnessing!
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by blacksta(m): 8:09am On Aug 20, 2009
Dear Students

it is time you learn to fight for your right/Change stop being weak and docile until you wake up from your slumber
nothing is going to change. You are going to keeping spending 7 years to complete a crap 3 year program

Regards
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by texazzpete(m): 8:20am On Aug 20, 2009
Stamford007:

Dear Assu,pls abeg free us now we are getting deteriorated at home let go back to school great ife!!!

I have nothing but contempt for this kind of mindset.

chyk91:

ASUU,
   I dont know what to say to u guys too, i would have commended u guys, but i know u guys will never get all ur demands before calling off this useless strike, 109% increase in salary from this FG is a joke, so pls stop wasting our time and call of this strike, cos u guys can never get a 109% increase never. Also why will u want an old man of 70 years to still teach us, most times they are not audible in class and yet u guys dont want to retire.

1. You're a student directly affected by this strike yet you don't know the demands ASUU are making aren't just about salary increase? Shame on you.

2. How many young, brilliant graduates do you know who would like to stay on and lecture in Universities? The best brains are leaving simply because lecturing is an underpaid, underappreciated and unrewarding career these days.

maedan:

Dear ASUU,

We all feel your pain - but every day you keep up the strike, is another day for our young girls and guys to spend on the streets looking for something to occupy their idle minds. Don't be surprised if you call off the strike, go back to campus and find there is noone there. All the students have gone off to learn a trade, join an armed robbery gang or joined a prostitution ring. Do you really want that on your conscience?

That said, I believe people should fight for what they believe in. But with every war comes collateral damage - and in this case, it's not the government that suffers, but your wards, the students. Do what you have to do. Just remember who pays the price when you do it.

From,
Concerned Onlooker

So ASUU is supposed to cheerfully sacrifice themselves - and the future of Nigerian education - just for you, eh?

No one is asking you people to rebel, or to carry guns, or to confront the armed forces with rocks and stones. ALl you're asked is to do ONE noble thing for once and remain strong. The future of Nigerian education is at stake here. You need better infrastructure, better equipment and you need to have the best brains being retained in academia. All you have to do is make a little sacrifice this once. It would help for you students to march out on the streets of Abuja to voice your complaints, but we all know Nigerians lack the balls to do anything of the sort. So there's the easy option of sitting things out.
Yet apparently that's too hard for you, isn't it?

Pathetic, really.
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by tytylayor: 8:49am On Aug 20, 2009
@all, i dnt fink ASSU is only fighting for their rights, but for we students inparticular.
wat they (ASSU) are telling the FG is to equip and finance all the schools properly instead of increasing their salaries.
if u remember, in d first 3 weeks of d strike, FG promises ASSU to increase their pay by 40%, but ASSU rejected it, saying dats not wat they want from d govt.

so i fink d pleading should go to d FG, they care not coz their wards r not in any of these govt. universities
they care not coz majority of them owns d private universities.

i rest my case
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 20, 2009
tytylayor:

@all, i dnt fink ASSU is only fighting for their rights, but for we students inparticular.
wat they (ASSU) are telling the FG is to equip and finance all the schools properly instead of increasing their salaries.
if u remember, in d first 3 weeks of d strike, FG promises ASSU to increase their pay by 40%, but ASSU rejected it, saying dats not wat they want from d govt.

so i fink d pleading should go to d FG, they care not coz their wards r not in any of these govt. universities
they care not coz majority of them owns d private universities.

i rest my case

Bullshit.
What has ASUU done in recent times to improve the conditions in schools with the little resources they have.
They are all a bunch of corrupt mudafcuking lecturers. They are fighting for their own pockets. They are corrupt and greedy.
A lot of Nigerian universities currently generate income that no one knows how it is being spent.
Do you know how much these UNIs make from the sale of DIPLOMA forms and certificates. WHERE ArE THE PROCEEDS?
You want the government to pump money so that the lecturers can continue looting.

I will not support or listen to anything ASUU has to say UNTIL ASUU comes out and says that they will NOT ACCEPT SALARIES DURING THE STRIKE.
This is the only way to prove they are genuine. Why should the students be the only ones to suffer.
ASUU, FORFEIT YOUR SALARY. INSTIGATE NO WORK NO PAY RULE and you may gain some credibility.
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 20, 2009
How many of you wants to be teachers? Very few huh! So you will never know the plight of teachers in Nigeria. Yours is call off. let's go back to school, to classrooms and labs. Well not that the teachers will use the research money and infrastructure to do anything better-but at least let those things be there. As Fg and others are parting with our money, ASUU wants theirs too. Not bad! The only solution get every politician's kids home or every Nigerian home and Nigeria will develop.

Secondly you might enroll in Open University or online schools and teach yourselves. Home school people!!!
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 20, 2009
A-town:

Bullshit.
What has ASUU done in recent times to improve the conditions in schools with the little resources they have.
They are all a bunch of corrupt mudafcuking lecturers. They are fighting for their own pockets. They are corrupt and greedy.
A lot of Nigerian universities currently generate income that no one knows how it is being spent.
Do you know how much these UNIs make from the sale of DIPLOMA forms and certificates. WHERE ArE THE PROCEEDS?
You want the government to pump money so that the lecturers can continue looting.

I will not support or listen to anything ASUU has to say UNTIL ASUU comes out and says that they will NOT ACCEPT SALARIES DURING THE STRIKE.
This is the only way to prove they are genuine. Why should the students be the only ones to suffer.
ASUU, FORFEIT YOUR SALARY. INSTIGATE NO WORK NO PAY RULE and you may gain some credibility.

That is a problem between VCs and their employer. But since the Fg doesn't have any qualms with Vcs, the internally generated funds go unaccounted for as Vcs and DVcs, Registrars and others laugh to the banks with blank checks. When Egwu talks about that, I just laugh, if FG wants accountability after this strike, let them open the books of the schools and deal with Vcs. Na lecturers dey sell diploma, part-time, and certificate course forms, abi na them dey collect the school fees
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by Phemour: 10:04am On Aug 20, 2009
hmmmm sad
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by kokoA(m): 10:16am On Aug 20, 2009
Dear ASUU and FG

You guys are bastards!
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by FBS: 10:50am On Aug 20, 2009
as jamaicans say- Wickiiid- ! ^^^
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 20, 2009
Dear ASUU,

You were the reason a lot of Nigerians left and are still leaving to school abroad.
When you failed me in the 90's, i thought it was just my luck to be schooling during the military era.

Now that democracy reigns, i'm aware you're still frustrating the youths.
You're the reason my kids will never school in Nigeria.

My message to you, grow up, afterall your not the only one being poorly paid.
By the way, teaching is optional if you're not satisfied with what you have then resign.

Yours sincerely,
A Nigerian whom you forced out of Nigeria.
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by Nezan(m): 11:42am On Aug 20, 2009
ASUU,
Stop been selfish, you are the highest paid public servants in 9ja.
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by maedan(f): 11:57am On Aug 20, 2009
texazzpete:

I have nothing but contempt for this kind of mindset.

1. You're a student directly affected by this strike yet you don't know the demands ASUU are making aren't just about salary increase? Shame on you.

2. How many young, brilliant graduates do you know who would like to stay on and lecture in Universities? The best brains are leaving simply because lecturing is an underpaid, underappreciated and unrewarding career these days.

So ASUU is supposed to cheerfully sacrifice themselves - and the future of Nigerian education - just for you, eh?

No one is asking you people to rebel, or to carry guns, or to confront the armed forces with rocks and stones. ALl you're asked is to do ONE noble thing for once and remain strong. The future of Nigerian education is at stake here. You need better infrastructure, better equipment and you need to have the best brains being retained in academia. All you have to do is make a little sacrifice this once. It would help for you students to march out on the streets of Abuja to voice your complaints, but we all know Nigerians lack the balls to do anything of the sort. So there's the easy option of sitting things out.
Yet apparently that's too hard for you, isn't it?

Pathetic, really.

ONE noble thing, for once? Hellooo, where are you talking out of? Ur ar$£?? I think it's your case that is pathetic, because you actually think there will be any long-term gains to be achieved from all this. You can save your contempt, it's not affecting any one. This is not the first time we've been asked to sacrifice our future because of the so-called ASUU cause. Maybe no one should enrol into any university for the next ten years, until the ASUU have finally achieved all they want from the government - because at this rate it might take that long. Once their lofty demands have been met, maybe then we should be allowed to enrol because at least we can be sure to have an unbroken 4-5years school session, not the 7-8years one we're getting now. Rubbish.

Apparently, it's too hard for you to emphatise with the right party. I'm already a graduate, but I still feel for the ones now in university, who are feeling their time/life/minds being wasted. The ASUU will never get my backing on this, ever. I stand by the Nigerian student, because they are the ones paying the highest price, not the so-called Academia.
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by tokunegiye(m): 12:21pm On Aug 20, 2009
Dear Students,

I believe that with all that ASUU and FG is doing it has come to the point whan we as students took to the streets in protest to this injustice that we get from both our lecturers and government before this things get out of hand.

Remember the strugle as students never ends so lets take up the fight.

GREATEST NIGERIAN STUDENTS,
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 20, 2009
Nezan:

ASUU,
Stop been selfish, you are the highest paid public servants in 9ja.

maedan:

ONE noble thing, for once? Hellooo, where are you talking out of? your ar$£?? I think it's your case that is pathetic, because you actually think there will be any long-term gains to be achieved from all this. You can save your contempt, it's not affecting any one. This is not the first time we've been asked to sacrifice our future because of the so-called ASUU cause. Maybe no one should enrol into any university for the next ten years, until the ASUU have finally achieved all they want from the government - because at this rate it might take that long. Once their lofty demands have been met, maybe then we should be allowed to enrol because at least we can be sure to have an unbroken 4-5years school session, not the 7-8years one we're getting now. Rubbish.

Apparently, it's too hard for you to emphatise with the right party. I'm already a graduate, but I still feel for the ones now in university, who are feeling their time/life/minds being wasted. The ASUU will never get my backing on this, ever. I stand by the Nigerian student, because they are the ones paying the highest price, not the so-called Academia.

Without better negotiations, that thing that pushed you will still be pushing so many out. Why don't we sacrifice more this time to get the best. Am not happy seeing graduates graduating to only CV making and garnishing. We need to get the University education back so as you see graduates and students working with the professors in the schools and earn stipends or more. So we should just be getting half-baked things? I expect proactive students, shut down the govt, but somebody has to die. Wow, wow, not me. Just teach yourself and see how hard it could be. Let's encourage home schooling, eh wow all the parents who dodged NECO and WAEC and dived marriage, won't be able oh. Mess upon mess in 9ja!
Re: Letters To The FG & ASUU by tytylayor: 12:37pm On Aug 20, 2009
i still tink all ASUU is doing is for the benefit of we students, don't lets put all d blames on them, r u sayin d 40% increment is not enough for them to call-off the strike? some few months back, when dey embarked on a strike like dis, their (ASUU) salary was increased, so d FG tot wit an increment in their salary dis time again dey will call-off d strike, but all ASUU is saying is d govt. to provide a conducive environment for learning, equip the laboratories and update/upgrade d libraries, this is for our own good not for the lecturers.

lets not put all blames on ASUU, our leaders are just being wicked and heartless, y sending their wards abroad for education if they know the universities here are OK?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Thread For Kings College Lagos Old Boys. / Application To The Nigerian Law School- Bar Part One / Ondo State University Of Science And Technology , Su Denounces Hike In Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.