Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,144 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Recommend Good Andriod Phone For My Aged Mother - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Recommend Good Andriod Phone For My Aged Mother (9138 Views)

Please Recommend Good Phone For Me With Durable Battery Between 27 To 30K / Recommend Good Andriod Phones Of N35,000 / What Good Andriod Phone Can I Get For Less Than 80K (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recommend Good Andriod Phone For My Aged Mother by Tellemall: 7:25am On May 22, 2016
Saimeritus:
Good people of Nairaland, I will be rounding up my Industrial training with NLNG in few months time and I want to buy good Android between the price of 30-40k for my mother who is her early fifties, She is not conversant with all these high tech phone, pls I need your advice on a phone that will be easier for her to use. Thanks and waiting for ur candid response

What does the relevance of LNG have to do with your post?

Seriously, if you wanted to tell everybody that , you didn't have to add the rest of it. I suppose nobody else has done their internship in LNG. By the time you announce it on ground, too, and have your haters do something more "spectacular" than interning at LNG to you...

Smh. Nigerians and their need for unnecessary details just to show people what they don't care for.
Re: Recommend Good Andriod Phone For My Aged Mother by driand(m): 7:26am On May 22, 2016
Htc one m9
Re: Recommend Good Andriod Phone For My Aged Mother by olagamalin(m): 7:30am On May 22, 2016
mimicious:
Why don't u buy a blackberry phone. New one. At least she Wil be familiar with the buttons
Brilliant!!!
Re: Recommend Good Andriod Phone For My Aged Mother by ryom(m): 7:35am On May 22, 2016
Mid 50s is not aged! Will suggest something with a real keypad to start with. Once she's used to that she can move up to touchscreen.
Re: Recommend Good Andriod Phone For My Aged Mother by Patented: 7:54am On May 22, 2016
Android phones are not known for ease of use particularly for pple nt tech savy. And Android fone all operate within similae parameters cos they are "android fones" so 20k or 90k they require similar levels of tech dexterity. Nokia Torch all d way will do

2 Likes

Re: Recommend Good Andriod Phone For My Aged Mother by Leo2flex(m): 7:59am On May 22, 2016
Techno L5 should be okay for her, the battery sef na die
Re: Recommend Good Andriod Phone For My Aged Mother by obosirow: 8:15am On May 22, 2016
Just buy her a good Nokia Touch light phone; if any change is left, you can get her some nice gift like wrapper, jewelry, footwear...
A smart phone may be too sophisticated for her to use except she it literate in smartphone use and can operate social apps to chat with you.
Re: Recommend Good Andriod Phone For My Aged Mother by princejenks(m): 8:16am On May 22, 2016
eleojo23:
Android phone between 30-40k is not low tech. Unless you won't mind her calling you all the time to ask how to 'operate' the phone (even when you are at work or in a business meetinggrin), then you can go ahead and buy her something within that range, if not, just get her something simple.
There are still good phones of less than 20k.

I understand that you want to spend some good money on her (no amount is too much to spend on one's mum smiley ) but i suggest you get her a simple phone and another gift to accompany it (something she will really appreciate).
can you give examples of good android fones less than 20k pls?
Re: Recommend Good Andriod Phone For My Aged Mother by McPhilz8(m): 8:16am On May 22, 2016
ERONX:
Get her a Techno L8
Technology L8 abi Tecno L8??
Re: Recommend Good Andriod Phone For My Aged Mother by INDIANLABIA(m): 8:18am On May 22, 2016
MOTOROLA T190 grin
Re: Recommend Good Andriod Phone For My Aged Mother by Nonsoross(m): 8:38am On May 22, 2016
Dottore:
I recommend Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
Whats that your other question: The colour of boxers you need to buy for your dad? Buy him a crotchless G-string.
Do u also need your landlord's acount number? Answers coming shortly. I
calmdan bruh
Re: Recommend Good Andriod Phone For My Aged Mother by Horlufemi(m): 8:48am On May 22, 2016
tecno L5 fantastic. thank me later
Re: Recommend Good Andriod Phone For My Aged Mother by alizma: 9:03am On May 22, 2016
Malata N402 or N403 will serve the need. price not above #14K
Re: Recommend Good Andriod Phone For My Aged Mother by notoriousbabe: 10:02am On May 22, 2016
NOKIA 3310

O jabo ko fo
Re: Recommend Good Andriod Phone For My Aged Mother by pinkyliceous(f): 10:26am On May 22, 2016
So a 50+ years old woman is aged?

No, she's not aged. She's in her middle age. Thank you.

Saimeritus:
Good people of Nairaland, I will be rounding up my Industrial training with NLNG in few months time and I want to buy good Android between the price of 30-40k for my mother who is her early fifties, She is not conversant with all these high tech phone, pls I need your advice on a phone that will be easier for her to use. Thanks and waiting for ur candid response
Re: Recommend Good Andriod Phone For My Aged Mother by pinkyliceous(f): 10:27am On May 22, 2016
She's only in her early fifties.

hungryboy:
Abeg bros, buy that Old woman Nokia torch or any other basic phone.
Android too carry stress
Re: Recommend Good Andriod Phone For My Aged Mother by Nobody: 10:28am On May 22, 2016
ryom:
Mid 50s is not aged! Will suggest something with a real keypad to start with. Once she's used to that she can move up to touchscreen.
I'm talking about a Trader here bro, Someone who has been into trading for the past 40 yrs. She has a Java phone with buttons but I need an upgrade for her.
Re: Recommend Good Andriod Phone For My Aged Mother by Nobody: 10:30am On May 22, 2016
Leo2flex:
Techno L5 should be okay for her, the battery sef na die
Tnx bro.
Re: Recommend Good Andriod Phone For My Aged Mother by Nobody: 10:52am On May 22, 2016
Thebrightest:
I have fairly used Tecno P3 for sale. Little faults: Bad battery Hangs at times slightly cracked screen Sim slot 1 not working Memory card slot broken ALL CAN BE REPAIRED. THE PHONE IS A STRONG PHONE. I used it for good 6months. Message me for price.
na wha 2 u o!
Re: Recommend Good Andriod Phone For My Aged Mother by fortunewise1(m): 11:33am On May 22, 2016
Lumia
Re: Recommend Good Andriod Phone For My Aged Mother by JustCurious: 12:35pm On May 22, 2016
Old dogs don't learn new tricks. smiley
If this adage is anything to go by, then do get your mum a phone that she's conversant with. Probably, a QWERTY phone or a Blackberry etc.
Touch screen phones aren't loyal. Lol. The settings and many functions are too unnecessary for 'aged' parents.

I remember trying to 'impress' my parents by buying them some high tech phones, some years back,. For some GOOD 12months, my dad only used his touch phone as voice recorder, video camera and for receiving files while tenaciously holding on to his old LG phone for phone calls, messaging etc.

On the other side, mama used hers, fairly well however, she never fancied all of the paparazzi that comes with torch phones. She likes them simple, user-friendly. So we had to change her phone from Lumia to Q5. I would suggest you ask your mum, her preference so you don't buy what mama wouldn't use. Alternatively, you could take her to a phone mart for shopping. This would save you from the many 'troubles' of being her mobile phone manual and operator.
Re: Recommend Good Andriod Phone For My Aged Mother by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 22, 2016
JustCurious:
Old dogs don't learn new tricks. smiley
If this adage is anything to go by, then do get your mum a phone that she's conversant with. Probably, a QWERTY phone or a Blackberry etc.
Touch screen phones aren't loyal. Lol. The settings and many functions are too unnecessary for 'aged' parents.

I remember trying to 'impress' my parents by buying them some high tech phones, some years back,. For some GOOD 12months, my dad only used his touch phone as voice recorder, video camera and for receiving file's while tenaciously holding on to his old LG phone for phone calls, messaging etc.

On the other side, mama used hers, fairly well however, she never fancied all of the paparazzi that comes with torch phones. She likes them simple, user-friendly. So we had to change her phone from Lumia to Q5. I would suggest you ask your mum, her preference so you don't buy what mama wouldn't use. Alternatively, you could take her to a phone mart for shopping. This would save you from the many 'troubles' of being her mobile phone manual and operator.
Tnx bro,I really appreciate. Best advice so far

1 Like

Re: Recommend Good Andriod Phone For My Aged Mother by daphid25(m): 2:24pm On May 22, 2016
Saimeritus:
Buy her that strong Tecno L5 that has 5000mAh, it can last for more than 60hrs without charging.
Re: Recommend Good Andriod Phone For My Aged Mother by vicfajeze: 5:26pm On May 22, 2016
Get her nokia 1202
Re: Recommend Good Andriod Phone For My Aged Mother by chubbyG(m): 1:39am On May 23, 2016
Saimeritus:

please how did you get your IT placement in NLNG...
which state are you currently??
Re: Recommend Good Andriod Phone For My Aged Mother by Nobody: 7:17am On May 23, 2016
chubbyG:

please how did you get your IT placement in NLNG...
which state are you currently??
Rivers state, they are taking second batch candidiates.NLNG SIWES Application 2016 June/July Batch
This is to inform all that the SIWES application process is now managed via our e-recruitment portal in SAP. As a result, we have discontinued the collection of handwritten applications.

In line with this, the portal is now Live and interested Candidates can apply for NLNG SIWES placement.

Please note that the portal will be open for a period of 2weeks (19/05/16 to 02/06/16).

Below is a guideline on how to submit SIWES application. There is a user guide on the portal for additional information.

Go to the website www.nlng

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Manually Configure Mtn Gprs Settings On An Htc Touch Pro 2 / *~ Semid4lyfe Voted Phones Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations! / Blackberry Z10 Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.