Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,722 members, 7,809,743 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. (90367 Views)

Oyo Building Most Advanced Silos In Nigeria (Photos) / 6 Infrastructurally Most Backward States In Nigeria/geopolitical Zone / Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by OBAFEMIawolowo: 7:43am On May 22, 2016
The list should be

1. Lagos
2. Abuja
3. Port Harcourt
4. Enugu
5. Ibadan
6. Kaduna
7. Calabar
8. Kano
9. Uyo
10. Owerri.

My opinion though

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by eshietIntrepid(m): 7:45am On May 22, 2016
I agree from One to three, four should be either calabar and kano, eight to ten is ok.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by CUM4WHAT(m): 7:46am On May 22, 2016
Mucheew

3 Likes

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:47am On May 22, 2016
1) Ibadan ahead of Onitsha, Uyo, Awka and Owerri? Are you joking or what?
2) Kaduna ahead of Kano? Wtf
how did you rate this crap?
In my own rating.
1. Lagos
2. Abuja
3. Port Harcourt
4. Enugu
5. Calabar

103 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by drtwist(m): 7:51am On May 22, 2016
Thou you said your opinion, but it's good for your opinion to always have back up. You have to ask yourself which of these state have I travel to, or provide pics. Places like Owerri, ancient City of Ibadan, and KD on list can never be ahead of Delta and Anambra. Even Ogun is expected to be ahead of them. They are just being over hype on the media.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by thesicilian: 7:55am On May 22, 2016
Apart from houses and roads filled with potholes, what other infrastructure are you talking about?

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by DaBullIT(m): 8:00am On May 22, 2016
Everything is fight, they will fight over the order of arrangement of the cities even though OP did not say it's listed in order of development

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:00am On May 22, 2016
eshietIntrepid:
I agree from One to three, four should be either calabar and kano, eight to ten is ok.
have you been to Enugu city b4?

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by OkutaNla: 8:02am On May 22, 2016
Op OBAFEMIawolowo, abeg, how do you define 'infrastructure' in this context? By what standard or criteria? Is it on account of the number of skyscrapers and how high? Number of housing estates? Flyovers & bridges? Banks and other corporate buildings or what exactly?? You don't just throw up this sort of list without a benchmark of measurement. This thread will just turn into another argument-fest.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Movic1(m): 8:11am On May 22, 2016
Some peeps just av natural hate for ibadan! they re agitating just because Ibadan was placed at the top of the list.

83 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by FlyoruB: 8:16am On May 22, 2016
Movic1:
Some peeps just av natural hate for ibadan! they re agitating just because Ibadan was placed at the top of the list.

Lol. Na these right here dey give them migraine. cheesy I would be jealous as fvck too if I were in their shoes. grin

60 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by seunny4lif(m): 8:20am On May 22, 2016
Ibadan has more companies than any SE states
That's true cos it's damn true

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Movic1(m): 8:23am On May 22, 2016
Adaure4ever:
1) Ibadan ahead of Onitsha, Uyo, Awka and Owerri? Are you joking or what?
2) Kaduna ahead of Kano? Wtf
how did you rate this crap?
In my own rating.
1. Lagos
2. Abuja
3. Port Harcourt
4. Enugu
5. Calabar

Onitsha,Awka and Owerri ahead of Ibadan? Joke of the centurycheesy

131 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by OBAFEMIawolowo: 8:24am On May 22, 2016
OkutaNla:
Op OBAFEMIawolowo, abeg, how do you define 'infrastructure' in this context? By what standard or criteria? Is it on account of the number of skyscrapers and how high? Number of housing estates? Flyovers & bridges? Banks and other corporate buildings or what exactly?? You don't just throw up this sort of list without a benchmark of measurement. This thread will just turn into another argument-fest.
please I never mentioned States, I meant cities. Prior to that, owerri is ahead of Onitsha, awka, warri and asaba infrastructurally.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Ilovemystate: 8:25am On May 22, 2016
Ibadan that I know, three skyscrappers in middle of slum, is that what you called infastructure

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by OBAFEMIawolowo: 8:25am On May 22, 2016
OkutaNla:
infrastructure has a simple definition

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:27am On May 22, 2016
drtwist:
Thou you said your opinion, but it's good for your opinion to always have back up. You have to ask yourself which of these state have I travel to, or provide pics. Places like Owerri, ancient City of Ibadan, and KD on list can never be ahead of Delta and Anambra. Even Ogun is expected to be ahead of them. They are just being over hype on the media.
Which city in ogun is presentable?

5 Likes

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by OBAFEMIawolowo: 8:28am On May 22, 2016
Ilovemystate:
Ibadan that I know, three skyscrappers in middle of slum, is that what you call infastructure
bros, forget, Ibadan will surely make first 10 in Nigeria.

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by oduastates: 8:29am On May 22, 2016
Hard infrastructure refers to the large physical networks necessary for the functioning of a modern industrial nation. Includes the roads, bridges, tunnel,water works etc

soft infrastructure refers to all the institutions which are required to maintain the economy, health, and cultural and social standards of a country, such as the financial system, the education system, the health care system, the system of government, and law enforcement, as well as emergency services.

From wiki

Lagos
Ogun
Ibadan.
River
Anambra
Kano.

My ranking based on the definition above and viable non oil, federal feeding bottle economy.
Kaduna and kano are 2 states dependent on welfare from the centre. This show in their IGR.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by OkutaNla: 8:30am On May 22, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
infrastructure has a simple definition
What a cop-out. You can do better bro. You know that without a clear standard/criteria this sort of threads degenerate into a slug-fest. Anyway, me I'm out coz I see no basis for any worthy contribution.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by FlyoruB: 8:32am On May 22, 2016
The infamously insecure Anambra brigade are so fvcking predictable. grin grin Dem don invade this thread with pix of old ibadan settlements, instead of showing us what their own state has to offer. cheesy grin grin grin cheesy

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by OBAFEMIawolowo: 8:33am On May 22, 2016
oduastates:
Hard infrastructure refers to the large physical networks necessary for the functioning of a modern industrial nation. Includes the roads, bridges, tunnel,water works etc

soft infrastructure refers to all the institutions which are required to maintain the economy, health, and cultural and social standards of a country, such as the financial system, the education system, the health care system, the system of government, and law enforcement, as well as emergency services.

From wiki
thanks for the definition.....cc okutanla
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by afroniger: 8:35am On May 22, 2016
I can't stand this kind of threads.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Ilovemystate: 8:37am On May 22, 2016
Onitsha

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by onomefm(f): 8:40am On May 22, 2016
Warri and Asaba should be on the top 10.
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by onomefm(f): 8:46am On May 22, 2016
On a 2nd note, this is the type of threads mods should lock. A thread without basis and authority backing it up is nonsense. How can someone wake up to create a useless thread. Kids should not be allowed to ruin this site with incoherent and unresearched threads. lalasticlala mynd44 pls delete this thread or move it to travel section as it has no business being on political section. Thx

8 Likes

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by OBAFEMIawolowo: 8:47am On May 22, 2016
onomefm:
Warri and Asaba should be on the top 10.
before asaba will make the list, the likes of Ilorin, makurdi, Abeokuta, akure, Benin city, jos will make it.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Movic1(m): 8:47am On May 22, 2016
Ilovemystate:
Ibadan that I know, three skyscrappers in middle of slum, is that what you call infastructure

favela is a slum in rio DJ, brazil it has skyscrappers in the middle and around it,so thats not new. ibadan doesnt start and end in d piz above. The way u guys write/comment about ibadan will make people think that dy re no slums in SE.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:54am On May 22, 2016
Movic1:
Onitsha,Awka and Owerri ahead of Ibadan? Joke of the centurycheesy
there is nothing in ibadan, I have been to ibadan before so you will not tell me about the city.
It is an unorganised city with many ancient houses that looks like it wanna collapse, rusted zincs, dusty roads, and there are many slums in it.
Akure is even managable than ibadan.
Ibadan is popular mainly because it was the capital of the western region.

15 Likes

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Ilovemystate: 8:57am On May 22, 2016
Awka

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:57am On May 22, 2016
Goodness me...Awka and Onitsha skylines look like Pretoria and Johannesburg respectively. I swear I'll never believe that was Onitsha. Onitsha ought to be given award for well organized, arranged high rise buildings...

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by FlyoruB: 8:58am On May 22, 2016
Adaure4ever:
there is nothing in ibadan, I have been to ibadan before so you will not tell me about the city.
It is an unorganised city with many ancient houses that looks like it wanna collapse, rusted zincs, dusty roads, and there are many slums in it.
Akure is even managable than ibadan.
Ibadan is popular mainly because it was the capital of the western region.

Gerrarahere you dis Enugu village champion. The only developed part of your entire state no reach Ikeja in landmass. Quote me anywhere! Only one small area in the entire state is developed so get off your high horses jo. Enugu can't touch ibadan in overall development by a mile. We sabi how places like Abakpa, Ugbene, Obiagu, and all those your rural and dirty looking areas of your glorified ghetto Enugu look, dem even worse pass the old Ibadan settlements wey you dey run down. Yimu.

cc: Movic1

58 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

A Total Ban On The Use Of Ethnic Slurs On Nairaland / Ebelechukwu Obiano Rehabilitates Ernest Asuzu (Pictures) / President-Elect Bola Tinubu Moves Into Defense House, Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.