Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,199 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. (90597 Views)

Oyo Building Most Advanced Silos In Nigeria (Photos) / 6 Infrastructurally Most Backward States In Nigeria/geopolitical Zone / Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by okuneddie(m): 3:40pm On May 22, 2016
semitunde:

If it takes you 5yrs to get to all the nooks and crannies of three Eastern States, it will take you 7years to complete the same mission in Ibadan alone. Three Eastern State, ccompared to a city.

You don't know Ibadan.

bros it will be take her for ever.....my mom is from Ibadan, kobomoje precisely and Na their she grow up still dey stay she never sabi Ibadan finish talk less of pikin wey den born yesterday
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by freshvine(f): 3:41pm On May 22, 2016
1. Lagos... The Europeans did their best, then the federal government also did a fantastic job before the emigrate igbos that has consistently contributed to the development of Lagos through trade and investment.

2. Abuja... The seat of government. Abuja continue to develop everyday due to the government resolve to make it a befitting capital.

3. Port Harcourt... The oil city housing several oil concerns and facilities plus a government with a huge state allocation to keep the city clean.

4. Onitsha... The commercial nerve center of West Africa. With load of cash and economic activities ongoing in this city centre, it has created many infrastructure needs through self help and state government intervention. It rank amongst the best planned and surveyed city.

5. Warri.... Another oil city in the Niger Delta. This city play host to several oil companies and development has been in tandem with human resources outflow.

6. Aba.... This town cannot be relegated. Well planned with economic activities on the increase. The city is divided into two, the Bureaucratic and corporate organized side and the commercially viable area all contributing to manage the millions of people that throng into the city on a daily basis for one business or the other.

7. Ibadan.... Ibadan is so large one might think if that's the ghetto of Africa. Traveling through the old city that had it prime in the 70s leaves a nostalgic feeling of relish. Mostly populated by the locals no wonder it hasn't receive the midas touch of modernity except for a concentrated area in the city centre.

8. Owerri.... This city has profoundly overtake the shine off Enugu that use to enjoy that aesthetic alignment in the 80s. With several higher institutions and government activities, owerri has suddenly assume the tourist attraction of the East. Thousands troop Into this city from far and near every weekend for a rendezvous.

9. Kaduna.... The choice of northern politicians and their likes. Virtually every northern public figure lives and operate from kaduna. With government presence and infrastructure development the city is pushing up development.

10. Kano... The "Lagos" of the northern cannot be underestimated. It population is a plus.

1 Like

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Menzy86(m): 3:43pm On May 22, 2016
Movic1:
Onitsha,Awka and Owerri ahead of Ibadan? Joke of the centurycheesy
bros Ive been to those three cities and laf wan kill me when I c her post. Some people think everythn is about bigotry. They won't travel an c places. Its obvious na igbo colony gal.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by GuyfawkesAB(m): 3:43pm On May 22, 2016
Do you even understand what is meant by infrastructure? Your post smells of ignorance. Is it Private houses and a few beer joints that keeps you thinking that some very recently growing town are better developed than Ibadan? Even Enugu is not as developed as Ibadan infrastructural-wise and economically
mcgaius:

Your comment is the joke of the century.I forgive you because am aware that most people from the Sw hardly travel to other regions.IBADAN might be big in terms of land mass but not more developed than owerri in terms of contemporary infrastructures.IBADAN is the only city passengers on an aircraft can identify many thousands of feet above sea level because of its brown roof.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Sard(m): 3:44pm On May 22, 2016
Someone was even comparing Awka to Ibadan. A single local government area in Ibadan is bigger, better and more developed than the whole of Awka.

7 Likes

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 22, 2016
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Kingzy4pep(m): 3:45pm On May 22, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
please I never mentioned States, I meant cities. Prior to that, owerri is ahead of Onitsha, awka, warri and asaba infrastructurally.
Which owerri? How can you be rating owerri above warri?
There's nothing in owerri dude.
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by tonykel1(m): 3:46pm On May 22, 2016
Portharcourt has no business being in that list and if it is to be considered at all, it should be the number 10th.
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:47pm On May 22, 2016
freshvine:
[s]1. Lagos... The Europeans did their best, then the federal government also did a fantastic job before the emigrate igbos that has consistently contributed to the development of Lagos through trade and investment.

2. Abuja... The seat of government. Abuja continue to develop everyday due to the government resolve to make it a befitting capital.

3. Port Harcourt... The oil city housing several oil concerns and facilities plus a government with a huge state allocation to keep the city clean.

4. Onitsha... The commercial nerve center of West Africa. With load of cash and economic activities ongoing in this city centre, it has created many infrastructure needs through self help and state government intervention. It rank amongst the best planned and surveyed city.

5. Warri.... Another oil city in the Niger Delta. This city play host to several oil companies and development has been in tandem with human resources outflow.

6. Aba.... This town cannot be relegated. Well planned with economic activities on the increase. The city is divided into two, the Bureaucratic and corporate organized side and the commercially viable area all contributing to manage the millions of people that throng into the city on a daily basis for one business or the other.

7. Ibadan.... Ibadan is so large one might think if that's the ghetto of Africa. Traveling through the old city that had it prime in the 70s leaves a nostalgic feeling of relish. Mostly populated by the locals no wonder it hasn't receive the midas touch of modernity except for a concentrated area in the city centre.

8. Owerri.... This city has profoundly overtake the shine off Enugu that use to enjoy that aesthetic alignment in the 80s. With several higher institutions and government activities, owerri has suddenly assume the tourist attraction of the East. Thousands troop Into this city from far and near every weekend for a rendezvous.

9. Kaduna.... The choice of northern politicians and their likes. Virtually every northern public figure lives and operate from kaduna. With government presence and infrastructure development the city is pushing up development.

10. Kano... The "Lagos" of the northern cannot be underestimated. It population is a plus.[/s]

6 Likes

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Menzy86(m): 3:49pm On May 22, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
before asaba will make the list, the likes of Ilorin, makurdi, Abeokuta, akure, Benin city, jos will make it.
bros haba ilorin and makurdi? U take am too far na. Lol but I agree wit Jos n benin frm wat Ive seen. Never been to abeokuta n akure sha so cant say.
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by drtwist(m): 3:50pm On May 22, 2016
mcgaius:

Your comment is the joke of the century.I forgive you because am aware that most people from the Sw hardly travel to other regions.IBADAN might be big in terms of land mass but not more developed than owerri in terms of contemporary infrastructures.IBADAN is the only city passengers on an aircraft can identify many thousands of feet above sea level because of its brown roof.
Broda you don't need to be regionism abt my quote. I am traveller, I Ave visit almost all nook and cronies of South East as Far to aFikpo. I Ibadan is out dated to me but owerri is not up to Awka, Warri, and Asaba even Ota is Far ahead of Owerri.
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by shogz89: 3:51pm On May 22, 2016
mcgaius:

so the brown roof is the reason it is underdeveloped.
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by GuyfawkesAB(m): 3:52pm On May 22, 2016
Well this is your tribal-skewed opinion though. it reeks with a deliberate attempt at making public, your bigotry. Aba is industrially better than Enugu, but infrastructure there is next to thrash. After the main federal road that runs through from bridge head and the private houses in town, what other infrastructure does Onitsha have to compare with say, Kaduna?

One wonders why some of you still cry marginalization if your cities were developed as you paint it.
freshvine:
1. Lagos... The Europeans did their best, then the federal government also did a fantastic job before the emigrate igbos that has consistently contributed to the development of Lagos through trade and investment.

10. Kano... The "Lagos" of the northern cannot be underestimated. It population is a plus.

1 Like

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Ilovemystate: 3:53pm On May 22, 2016
Sard:
Someone was even comparing Awka to Ibadan. A single local government area in Ibadan is bigger, better and more developed than the whole of Awka.
Awka make more sense than Ibadan tongue tongue

Can you show us the Local government In Ibadan that is more developed and zero slum than Awka

3 Likes

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 22, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
The list should be

1. Lagos
2. Abuja
3. Port Harcourt
4. Enugu
5. Ibadan
6. Kaduna
7. Calabar
8. Kano
9. Uyo
10. Owerri.

My opinion though
No onitsha ?
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 22, 2016
okuneddie:

hello sis, if u have being to Ibadan and still write all that then I guess where u went to is the outskirt of the city....I studied estate management so I know a lot about infrastructure...... tell me an eastern state that can beat Ibadan in terms of infrastructure..... if u know whats meant by infrastructure then u won't write what u wrote up there....
I have nothing against ibadan, its a relaxing and quiet city.
Maybe it depends on how u define infrastructure.

1 Like

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 22, 2016
decided not to comment on this thread, until i saw someone said ibadan is far better than enugu,lol,its really funny, if u havent been to enugu why not shut up instead of passing false news.
If u dont know the differences or differences rather btw enugu(village) and enugu(city) shut up also.
To me,enugu should be placed in the 2nd position,after abuja.
Most developed city in the SE Region.decided not to comment on this thread, until i saw someone said ibadan is far better than enugu,lol,its really funny, if u havent been to enugu why not shut up instead of passing false news.
If u dont know the differences or differences rather btw enugu(village) and enugu(city) shut up also.
Most developed city in the SE Region.
decided not to comment on this thread, until i saw someone said ibadan is far better than enugu,lol,its really funny, if u havent been to enugu why not shut up instead of passing false news.
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Ilovemystate: 3:57pm On May 22, 2016
Sard:
It's not about size, Lagos would have been least developed state, Lagos is the smallest in size

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by dabrake(m): 3:58pm On May 22, 2016
After Lagos, I doubt it if any place's got better infrastructures like Kano. I will place Zaria above all the places being mentioned apart from Lagos and Kano.
The belief that the north is backward is very appalling.
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by ijebu2020: 3:58pm On May 22, 2016
drtwist:
Thou you said your opinion, but it's good for your opinion to always have back up. You have to ask yourself which of these state have I travel to, or provide pics. Places like Owerri, ancient City of Ibadan, and KD on list can never be ahead of Delta and Anambra. Even Ogun is expected to be ahead of them. They are just being over hype on the media.

You are wrong go back and read very well..the op said cities not states ..Ogun Delta and Anambra are states......but y are you people lazy to read properly before making a comment these days., nawa waa ooo
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by chachanga: 4:02pm On May 22, 2016
Movic1:
Onitsha,Awka and Owerri ahead of Ibadan? Joke of the centurycheesy

It tells you how swollen some people's scrotums get when it comes to defending their ancestries and home bases with bigotry, smh! angry

See people flaunting wetin no dey! See those from states created just day before yesterday with history of parasitical, brain-dead leaders who, they wailed, did nothing to advance their States and almost no justifiable source of GDP asides allocation. Everybody out here trying to start another e-war with willy-nilly d!ck-measuring up and down.

Anyway, we dey sight una, we don hear you. Just provide neat scenic pics make we dey take enjoy this sunday heat, una do well, thank you!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by GuyfawkesAB(m): 4:04pm On May 22, 2016
Only God knows how many threads ilovemystate has shown that picture of Awka. I guess that's the only thing worth showing about Awka- A silly copy of a suspension bridge. I only hope the concrete bridge and joint nuts would carry those metal masts for a long time.

YourFatherYansh:

Mediocrity at its best.....,so u dey show us poorly designed bridge, a poor prototype of dis particular bridge in NY. ...FOR ur mind mak we rate Akwa among the list becoz of diz bridge abi.... undecided

3 Likes

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by Kingzelex(m): 4:04pm On May 22, 2016
Where is aba for crying out loud... Lol
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by mercyville: 4:05pm On May 22, 2016
freshvine:

grin grin HE PAIN AM. grin grin

Bring your infrastructures that can compare with Ibadan.Yes we have old Ibadan and the new Ibadan wink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by okuneddie(m): 4:05pm On May 22, 2016
BankeSmalls:

Nowhere in the world has as much zinc oxide like ibadan, its our natural resources grin

I have being noticing ur posts and I can see they make u happy....keep it up.....but don't forget the saying: u will be happy when u see a mad person displaying but u won't pray to give birth to one
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by shogz89: 4:06pm On May 22, 2016
EverestNwatu:
Most developed city in the SE Region.decided not to comment on this thread, until i saw someone said ibadan is far better than enugu,lol,its really funny, if u havent been to enugu why not shut up instead of passing false news.
give reason why it should place second
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by mercyville: 4:06pm On May 22, 2016
IBADAN

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by djgreenland(m): 4:07pm On May 22, 2016
Ilovemystate:
Ibadan that I know, three skyscrappers in middle of slum, is that what you called infastructure
All these brown zinc na for ibadan Dem dey oo....
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by mercyville: 4:08pm On May 22, 2016
IBADAN

2 Likes

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 4:09pm On May 22, 2016
drtwist:

Have you been to Ota, Agbara and abaekuta ?
They are not fine at all
Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by GuyfawkesAB(m): 4:10pm On May 22, 2016
Is this all you want to show about Awka to prove that it is better than Ibadan. You no dey fear God sef. A phony suspension bridge and a panoramic view of private residential properties? Is that all?

Come Ibadan, you go snap aerial and panoramic view of posh residential and industrial estates taya. If it's. About flyover, you will get tired snapping.

Grow up senseless midget

Ilovemystate:

Awka make more sense than Ibadan tongue tongue

Can you show us the Local government In Ibadan that is more developed and zero slum than Awka

2 Likes

Re: 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. by mercyville: 4:10pm On May 22, 2016
IBADAN

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng / Photos Of Abba Kyari, Ganduje, Masari, Dangote At IGP Son's Wedding Recently / How Soldiers Opened Fire On SARS Operatives Who Repelled Boko Haram Attack(Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.