Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

Why I Married Kanu Nwankwo When I Was Only 18 Years Old - Amara Nwankwo-Kanu - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why I Married Kanu Nwankwo When I Was Only 18 Years Old - Amara Nwankwo-Kanu (63547 Views)

Kanu Nwankwo, His Wife, Amara At Arsenal Stadium For Wenger's Farewell Match / Kanu Nwankwo And His Wife, Amara Unfollow Each Other On Instagram / Jay-Jay Okocha And Nwankwo Kanu In A Group Photo With World Football Greats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Married Kanu Nwankwo When I Was Only 18 Years Old - Amara Nwankwo-Kanu by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 22, 2016
You married your husband because you loved and still love him,yet you would not want your daughter to do same,can psycologist please tell me what that means?,i smell something here,what am I even saying,I already have an opinion on why you married him,and my opinion doesn't count, but stop trying to convince people of your reasons

2 Likes

Re: Why I Married Kanu Nwankwo When I Was Only 18 Years Old - Amara Nwankwo-Kanu by benji93: 2:26pm On May 22, 2016
frubben:
Long talk
Ur parent saw he was rich forget all dis love u dey yan. U see money period.

Who will marry a poor papilo with heart condition.
hehehehehehehe, gbam.
Re: Why I Married Kanu Nwankwo When I Was Only 18 Years Old - Amara Nwankwo-Kanu by Lovechyld101(m): 3:08pm On May 22, 2016
Only money can motivate an 18 year old to marry some one almost twice her age and not Love I played football I was one of best playa in skool , I trained and played every morning and evening in all those kinda mariakana fields in ajegunle yet no 18years go marry me.
Re: Why I Married Kanu Nwankwo When I Was Only 18 Years Old - Amara Nwankwo-Kanu by Nuella222(f): 3:25pm On May 22, 2016
freshdude99:

Exactly! Is that ur baby? She's pretty cool smiley
Yea, thnx dearie.
Re: Why I Married Kanu Nwankwo When I Was Only 18 Years Old - Amara Nwankwo-Kanu by sweatlana: 3:26pm On May 22, 2016
bauer00:

Wow!...your husband must be very much older than you or was he a student then also?

Nope. He is older
Re: Why I Married Kanu Nwankwo When I Was Only 18 Years Old - Amara Nwankwo-Kanu by Nuella222(f): 3:26pm On May 22, 2016
freshdude99:

Exactly! Is that ur baby? She's pretty cool smiley
Yea, thnx dearie smiley
Re: Why I Married Kanu Nwankwo When I Was Only 18 Years Old - Amara Nwankwo-Kanu by CSTR6: 3:34pm On May 22, 2016
Saladin25:
Oh! that is good. But, why are the hypocrites not criticising Kanu when he got married to this lady at 18. But, they criticised Emir Muhammed Sunusi II when he married a lady at that age.
If you can't see the difference between the old sanusi with a retinue of wives already and children the age of his young wife, and the young single kanu looking to settle down for the first time, then you have a big problem.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Married Kanu Nwankwo When I Was Only 18 Years Old - Amara Nwankwo-Kanu by Izen: 3:48pm On May 22, 2016
Afrok:
check my post very well, u'll deduce rhetorical questions there... Moreover; there's nothing like she came from a well-to-do family coz the rich always likes getting married to the rich. So, we're almost saying the same thing...

You made it sound like it's a bad thing.
Re: Why I Married Kanu Nwankwo When I Was Only 18 Years Old - Amara Nwankwo-Kanu by Izen: 3:49pm On May 22, 2016
SorayaLeticia:

Stori for d gods. Who wouldn't need a multiplication of sum?

So she should marry down just to ease your complex abi?
Re: Why I Married Kanu Nwankwo When I Was Only 18 Years Old - Amara Nwankwo-Kanu by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 22, 2016
missbronze:
Believe me, mamaG can offer all that to you.

Happy Sunday.
Lol.

Same
Re: Why I Married Kanu Nwankwo When I Was Only 18 Years Old - Amara Nwankwo-Kanu by frubben(m): 4:17pm On May 22, 2016
Izen:

You know she's from a well-to-do family right? Don't be too quick to judge please.

Well to do ko, do to well ni
My friend shatap ur mat dere
Re: Why I Married Kanu Nwankwo When I Was Only 18 Years Old - Amara Nwankwo-Kanu by phenase(m): 4:34pm On May 22, 2016
MONEY LOVE
Re: Why I Married Kanu Nwankwo When I Was Only 18 Years Old - Amara Nwankwo-Kanu by IBOGIRL1: 4:36pm On May 22, 2016
She sounds very intelligent. One of the most articulative interviews I have read in a while.
For those critics, whatever made her marry KANU ain't non of you businesses. people get into marriage for different reasons, people love people for different reasons too.
If she married Kanu for his money, how does it concern u? is it your marriage?
Are u kanu?
or dont you know already that been financially able is one of those things that boost love?
Would you rather have had her marry a pauper and your sisters to kanu?

3 Likes

Re: Why I Married Kanu Nwankwo When I Was Only 18 Years Old - Amara Nwankwo-Kanu by Beetobee(f): 4:43pm On May 22, 2016
mu2sa2:
When Pmb or Sls married an 18- year old it is paedophile.When kanu Nwankwo does the same, what is it? Over to you ipob brats and other miscreants.

Abeg help me remind the monkeys o. and if you check, dem been marry their mama dem at age sixteen. Well thank God we no dey reach age where we go dey sleep with pastor sake of say we wan marry or born pikin of old age!
Re: Why I Married Kanu Nwankwo When I Was Only 18 Years Old - Amara Nwankwo-Kanu by Izen: 4:48pm On May 22, 2016
frubben:

Well to do ko, do to well ni
My friend shatap ur mat dere

You don't have to be uncouth to make a statement. You know how I know? Her dad was a close relative's boss when she got married. I was really young then but the news of Kanu's marriage stuck back then by virtue of that.
Re: Why I Married Kanu Nwankwo When I Was Only 18 Years Old - Amara Nwankwo-Kanu by dongodspower(m): 5:39pm On May 22, 2016
nice one. Den I tot marrying 18 year old, may be d marriage would not last. tank God 4 u, u could learn fast and cope. I am happy 4 u and ur family.
Re: Why I Married Kanu Nwankwo When I Was Only 18 Years Old - Amara Nwankwo-Kanu by pinkyliceous(f): 5:59pm On May 22, 2016
18 years is an adult.

mu2sa2:
When Pmb or Sls married an 18- year old it is paedophile.When kanu Nwankwo does the same, what is it? Over to you ipob brats and other miscreants.
Re: Why I Married Kanu Nwankwo When I Was Only 18 Years Old - Amara Nwankwo-Kanu by chronique(m): 6:36pm On May 22, 2016
Amara!!! How far with that your bf you dumped in Ebonyi state university that year,just to marry Kanu? Hope you guys settled him well sha. I can't fault you sha;I understand your plight and thank God it worked for you. wink cheesy
Re: Why I Married Kanu Nwankwo When I Was Only 18 Years Old - Amara Nwankwo-Kanu by nabiz(m): 7:23pm On May 22, 2016
DickDastardly:
Shut up biko .... na money carry you go angry
i think u are wrong. I know the girl and the family very well even attended there wedding. The father was not poor as at the time kalu married her. His father was one of the richest men in town. I attended abam high school, a school very close to the their family house. His father name is Jimmy and and was a very succesful man
Re: Why I Married Kanu Nwankwo When I Was Only 18 Years Old - Amara Nwankwo-Kanu by Youngpo413: 7:25pm On May 22, 2016
Omotayor123:
Don't hesitate to go for the one you love.
Love is EVERYTHINNG cheesy
indeed
Re: Why I Married Kanu Nwankwo When I Was Only 18 Years Old - Amara Nwankwo-Kanu by DickDastardly(m): 7:28pm On May 22, 2016
nabiz:
i think u are wrong. I know the girl and the family very well even attended there wedding. The father was not poor as at the time kalu married her. His father was one of the richest men in town. I attended abam high school, a school very close to the their family house. His father name is Jimmy and and was a very succesful man
Ok sir cool
Re: Why I Married Kanu Nwankwo When I Was Only 18 Years Old - Amara Nwankwo-Kanu by nabiz(m): 7:28pm On May 22, 2016
Afrok:
Really undecided... But money was the determining factor, right? shocked

Even my pic has said it al..
may be popularity but not money because the father was not poor. Infact he was one of the few richest man is his community, ozu abam
Re: Why I Married Kanu Nwankwo When I Was Only 18 Years Old - Amara Nwankwo-Kanu by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 22, 2016
Where are those effing bigots.. you will never see them saying any thing stupid if its not a northerner/muslim

If the reverse was the case, you will hear them saying things like "she is just 16 or calling them illiterates" but because this one is their own, they r bowwhere to be found.... mtsw
Re: Why I Married Kanu Nwankwo When I Was Only 18 Years Old - Amara Nwankwo-Kanu by Mbediogu(m): 8:23pm On May 22, 2016
sweatlana:
Yes o! Team early marriage. I also got married at 18 when I was in second year in Qiuniversity. many
Today I'm a lawyer business woman and mum of 6!
our h
Getting married young does not slow one down

Early marriage is for women. How many men can take on wives at 18 or second year in University? You have to get a job, get a furnished house and ( for these days) a car. If you are not from a rich family, you have to sort out the younger ones, so they won't give the new wife hell. I did all those and got married at 40!

1 Like

Re: Why I Married Kanu Nwankwo When I Was Only 18 Years Old - Amara Nwankwo-Kanu by henboy01(m): 8:33pm On May 22, 2016
ZuzuMan:
cool are you serious

Make I give u back hand? No be the money dey top for ur scale of preference? @amarachi
Re: Why I Married Kanu Nwankwo When I Was Only 18 Years Old - Amara Nwankwo-Kanu by YOLO1(m): 9:13pm On May 22, 2016
sweatlana:
Yes o! Team early marriage. I also got married at 18 when I was in second year in university.

U mean six living things have passed thru ur cherry? Madal u try I swear. Ur husband sef dey shoot
Re: Why I Married Kanu Nwankwo When I Was Only 18 Years Old - Amara Nwankwo-Kanu by Saladin25(m): 9:32pm On May 22, 2016
CSTR6:
If you can't see the difference between the old sanusi with a retinue of wives already and children the age of his young wife, and the young single kanu looking to settle down for the first time, then you have a big problem.
How does that affect you?
His religion permits him to marry four wive and he never begged you for money to feed them. Hypocrite!
Re: Why I Married Kanu Nwankwo When I Was Only 18 Years Old - Amara Nwankwo-Kanu by Kemjay(m): 10:16pm On May 22, 2016
Na money jooor
Re: Why I Married Kanu Nwankwo When I Was Only 18 Years Old - Amara Nwankwo-Kanu by mamawin(f): 10:18pm On May 22, 2016
sweatlana:
Yes o! Team early marriage. I also got married at 18 when I was in second year in university.

six? seriously? I've five, and I thought that's the farthest anyone can go, na wah o!!! with a job and all. May we not labour in vain
Re: Why I Married Kanu Nwankwo When I Was Only 18 Years Old - Amara Nwankwo-Kanu by tukdi: 11:36pm On May 22, 2016
undecided because of money!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Inside Aubameyang's ₦11b Mansion That Features A ₦2.5b Underground Garage (Pics) / Cristiano Ronaldo Celebrates As Portugal Win 2019 Nations League (Photos) / Osimhen Taken In For Random Dope Test After Cameroun Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.