Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,736 members, 7,851,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:44 PM

Short Term Remedy To Epileptic Power Supply - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Short Term Remedy To Epileptic Power Supply (1988 Views)

Current Epileptic Power Supply, How Is The Situation In Your Area? / House Of Rep Summons Fashola Over Epileptic Power Supply / State With Most Epileptic Power Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Short Term Remedy To Epileptic Power Supply by mrvitalis(m): 9:52am On May 22, 2016
I will give my own solution to my countries problem and it's left for my country to take my solutions
Am a graduate of mechanical engineering from the UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA with special interest in gas transport network (aspiring gas pipeline engineer)
The blowing up of pipeline is making headlines because it majorly affects power generation, so if there is a way to stop from affecting power generation it will make less headline and will be meaningless for the fools( Niger Delta avengers) Engineering solutions of this magnitude are very expensive but are worth it
My solutions is that all gas faired gas plants should as a matter of urgency build a gas storage facility capable of storing enough gas to power there plants for a month. With this any damage in the pipeline should be fixed within a month
This solution is expensive and will increase the cost of doing business in Nigeria but it's better than giving in to the demands of a militant groups, government should never bring its self down to the point of negotiating with militans group it will give others the impression that the government is weak
My thoughts tho

3 Likes

Re: Short Term Remedy To Epileptic Power Supply by rottennaija(m): 10:57am On May 22, 2016
You mean like a large gas storage tanks? It could work but I'm sceptical about Nigeria where a majority see everything thru the lens of tribe and region.

I think building more gas generating stations near the power plant is the best options, as we have a large reserve of gas underground in every part of the country
Re: Short Term Remedy To Epileptic Power Supply by bettercreature(m): 11:51am On May 22, 2016
The best short term solution is to negotiate with Niger/delta militant then allow each state to partner with private sector to generate it's own electricity
Power generation must not be central thing,there are various ways to generate enough electricity that can sustain one state rather than the whole Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Short Term Remedy To Epileptic Power Supply by einst3in: 12:05pm On May 22, 2016
Op. I think that will be counterproductive. It is best that such investment be channeled towards clean safe energy such as photovoltaic.
Re: Short Term Remedy To Epileptic Power Supply by buJu234: 12:36pm On May 22, 2016
Gud idea

but I tot Nigeria export LNG..

Just take that LNG and ship them to the power station and convert it back to gas.

Why can we build a small degassification plant to convert the LNG to gas at each power station.

Common sense is really not common. ..

Such a simple idea...@ fashola

1 Like

Re: Short Term Remedy To Epileptic Power Supply by EasternActivist: 12:59pm On May 22, 2016
And who told this half baked engineering graduate that they don't have storage gas facilities...

What did you take op?

And I doubt the school you went to...

Maybe you think University in borno is same with one of the best thousand school in the world...

Better get lost op...

2 Likes

Re: Short Term Remedy To Epileptic Power Supply by funlord(m): 1:07pm On May 22, 2016
angry
EasternActivist:
And who told this half baked engineering graduate that they don't have storage gas facilities...

What did you take op?

Maybe you think University in borno is same with one of the best thousand school in the world...

Better get lost op...

You that is FULL BAKED what is your own solution?

My friend park well! Ovoko!

1 Like

Re: Short Term Remedy To Epileptic Power Supply by EasternActivist: 1:19pm On May 22, 2016
funlord:
angry

You that is FULL BAKED what is your own solution?

My friend park well! Ovoko!

Get lost,

If the government can't sit their golden ass down on a bronze chair to negotiate with them.... To hell with them and the country...

Happy fall to the economy like voila

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Short Term Remedy To Epileptic Power Supply by mikolo80: 12:36am On May 23, 2016
mrvitalis:
I will give my own solution to my countries problem and it's left for my country to take my solutions
Am a graduate of mechanical engineering from the UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA with special interest in gas transport network (aspiring gas pipeline engineer)
The blowing up of pipeline is making headlines because it majorly affects power generation, so if there is a way to stop from affecting power generation it will make less headline and will be meaningless for the fools( Niger Delta avengers) Engineering solutions of this magnitude are very expensive but are worth it
My solutions is that all gas faired gas plants should as a matter of urgency build a gas storage facility capable of storing enough gas to power there plants for a month. With this any damage in the pipeline should be fixed within a month
This solution is expensive and will increase the cost of doing business in Nigeria but it's better than giving in to the demands of a militant groups, government should never bring its self down to the point of negotiating with militans group it will give others the impression that the government is weak
My thoughts tho
how will you fill it in the first place?
Re: Short Term Remedy To Epileptic Power Supply by mikolo80: 12:36am On May 23, 2016
rottennaija:
You mean like a large gas storage tanks? It could work but I'm sceptical about Nigeria where a majority see everything thru the lens of tribe and region.

I think building more gas generating stations near the power plant is the best options, as we have a large reserve of gas underground in every part of the country
abi you mean to build power plants near the gas supply
Re: Short Term Remedy To Epileptic Power Supply by mikolo80: 12:37am On May 23, 2016
bettercreature:
The best short term solution is to negotiate with Niger/delta militant then allow each state to partner with private sector to generate it's own electricity
Power generation must not be central thing,there are various ways to generate enough electricity that can sustain one state rather than the whole Nigeria
and employ militants at said power stations.
Re: Short Term Remedy To Epileptic Power Supply by mikolo80: 12:40am On May 23, 2016
buJu234:
Gud idea

but I tot Nigeria export LNG..

Just take that LNG and ship them to the power station and convert it back to gas.

Why can we build a small degassification plant to convert the LNG to gas at each power station.

Common sense is really not common. ..

Such a simple idea...@ fashola
you wan carry super tanker put for head de go alaoji,afam,papalanto and olorusogo over 600 kilometeres away across DRY LAND?
truly common sense is not common
Re: Short Term Remedy To Epileptic Power Supply by mikolo80: 12:41am On May 23, 2016
EasternActivist:

Get lost,

If the government can't sit their golden ass down on a bronze chair to negotiate with them.... To hell with them and the country...

Happy fall to the economy like voila
economy can't fall.oil only 12% of gdp and irs and customs generate almost half of gwament revenue now so......
Re: Short Term Remedy To Epileptic Power Supply by mrvitalis(m): 4:19am On May 23, 2016
mikolo80:
how will you fill it in the first place?
The pipelines are not constantly damaged, so when it flows u fill it in
Re: Short Term Remedy To Epileptic Power Supply by mrvitalis(m): 4:28am On May 23, 2016
EasternActivist:

What did you take op?

Better get lost op...
No need for the insult.. ..If they have storage facility, what is the capacity
Re: Short Term Remedy To Epileptic Power Supply by mrvitalis(m): 4:29am On May 23, 2016
mikolo80:
That will be more expensive
Re: Short Term Remedy To Epileptic Power Supply by mrvitalis(m): 4:31am On May 23, 2016
bettercreature:
Smh... So u think Nigeria can't defeat this fools? ?
Re: Short Term Remedy To Epileptic Power Supply by rottennaija(m): 6:21am On May 23, 2016
mikolo80:

The gas power plant are already built. They can't be building them again. But they need to look for a way of getting more gas plants but outside of the Niger Delta. I learnt that we have a large reserve of gas in all state of the federation, even larger than the crude we have.
Re: Short Term Remedy To Epileptic Power Supply by sCun: 6:36am On May 23, 2016
But Osinbajo and Fashola during campaign period told us that gas would be transported through tankers.
Why do Nigerians forget so quickly?
Re: Short Term Remedy To Epileptic Power Supply by EasternActivist: 8:10am On May 23, 2016
mikolo80:
economy can't fall.oil only 12% of gdp and irs and customs generate almost half of gwament revenue now so......

... Better wake up to reality

1 Like

Re: Short Term Remedy To Epileptic Power Supply by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:12am On May 23, 2016
mrvitalis:
My thoughts tho

Nigeria's power supply problem, is Hydra headed,
we are using an outdated electrical system, even when gas lines were not being blown, was there light.
The short term solution is building mega tanks, my man that is a long term project.
The pipelines are already blown, how do you get to fill the built tanks.

For now there is no short term fix for the epileptic power supply.

Fashola as much as I like him , is unsuited to the power sector.
The best Buhari can do is pickup Barth Nnaji on a a supervisory role.

1 Like

Re: Short Term Remedy To Epileptic Power Supply by mrvitalis(m): 9:16am On May 23, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

Nigeria's power supply problem, is Hydra headed,
we are using an outdated electrical system, even when gas lines were not being blown, was there light.
The short term solution is building mega tanks, my man that is a long term project.
The pipelines are already blown, how do you get to fill the built tanks.

For now there is no short term fix for the epileptic power supply.

Fashola as much as I like him , is unsuited to the power sector.
The best Buhari can do is pickup Barth Nnaji on a a supervisory role.
Prof Barth nnaji is the man for the job we all agree.... but he can't stop the pipeline being blown up
What I did was to create a solution to limit the effects of blown pipeline network
When the gas flows let them fill the reserve first
Re: Short Term Remedy To Epileptic Power Supply by ganisucks(f): 9:16am On May 23, 2016
#GARBAGE
Re: Short Term Remedy To Epileptic Power Supply by spymaster(m): 9:29am On May 23, 2016
mikolo80:
building power plant near gas supply 'll not eliminate the problem. You 'll still need to build transmission lines to evacuate the power generated. what stops them from blowing transmission lines when there are no gas pipelines to blow again. The solution is to have an energy mix that do not totally rely on gas.
Re: Short Term Remedy To Epileptic Power Supply by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:29am On May 23, 2016
mrvitalis:

Prof Barth nnaji is the man for the job we all agree.... but he can't stop the pipeline being blown up
What I did was to create a solution to limit the effects of blown pipeline network
When the gas flows let them fill the reserve first
I don't want to sound like a pessimist, but what if they keep blowing the pipelines, before the reserves get filled.
how big will be your reserves, and consumption per plant
Re: Short Term Remedy To Epileptic Power Supply by mikolo80: 2:17pm On May 23, 2016
spymaster:

building power plant near gas supply 'll not eliminate the problem. You 'll still need to build transmission lines to evacuate the power generated. what stops them from blowing transmission lines when there are no gas pipelines to blow again. The solution is to have an energy mix that do not totally rely on gas.
they will be trained and employed in the power plants instead of just collecting 60k for doing nothing
Re: Short Term Remedy To Epileptic Power Supply by mikolo80: 2:18pm On May 23, 2016
EasternActivist:

... Better wake up to reality
i would beg you to do the same
50% of nigerian gdp is agric,only thieves and politicians will not see money much to steal
Re: Short Term Remedy To Epileptic Power Supply by mikolo80: 2:24pm On May 23, 2016
rottennaija:

The gas power plant are already built. They can't be building them again. But they need to look for a way of getting more gas plants but outside of the Niger Delta. I learnt that we have a large reserve of gas in all state of the federation, even larger than the crude we have.
where? cos its the pipeline we are trying to eliminate cos its hard to secure
Re: Short Term Remedy To Epileptic Power Supply by mikolo80: 2:25pm On May 23, 2016
mrvitalis:
That will be more expensive
we are still at 2000mw,for future 40,000mw
Re: Short Term Remedy To Epileptic Power Supply by mikolo80: 3:29pm On May 23, 2016
spymaster:

hehehe so no be only me sabi dis tactics.but that is for freedom fighters.these ones just want to collect bunkered oye moni.no money from cutting powerlines
Re: Short Term Remedy To Epileptic Power Supply by EasternActivist: 6:10pm On May 23, 2016
mikolo80:
i would beg you to do the same
50% of nigerian gdp is agric,only thieves and politicians will not see money much to steal

See Bro I got no blind argument with you...

Oil sale from Niger delta gives Nigeria 98% if not 100% of its forex reserve...

1 Like

Re: Short Term Remedy To Epileptic Power Supply by Dymaco(m): 6:56pm On May 23, 2016
the only solution is that govt should allow private bodies to build more power from 50mw and above.

then gas should be transported in a liquid form then recovert to gas in the power station
northern region should focus on coal and hydro power shikena

(1) (2) (Reply)

Great News: National Stadium, Abuja Now Official Grazing Reserve! / Police Invade PDP National Convention Venue, Seal Up The Shark Stadium (pics) / We Regret, Condemn Southern Kaduna Killings- El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.