Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. (10847 Views)

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! / Nairaland Literature Section Awards 2014..... Your Thoughts. / What Are Your Thoughts On This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by adebayo201: 11:56am On Oct 03, 2009
Inpedence haz cum nd go bt wat iz meanin iz wat we nid 2 discuss bt by naw iz just dat we'r cryin over a split milk cry

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by jite(f): 3:22pm On Oct 03, 2009
I am invisible. I walk through a room and the air doesn't murmur. If there are bodies in it they don't stir.
I am invisible. It's the only explanation for my relationship with my world.
And so i bid my time. Listening. Watching. And when I am ready I strike. With words. They are my best friends. Words.
And suddenly the air comes alive. Bodies gasp with surprise. As much as I want to bask in the attention, I don't. Fools, I think. I was here all along and you didn't see me.
MY THOUGhts: mE
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by frank317: 7:15pm On Oct 03, 2009
@jite
you confuse me. are u speaking in parables? help me understand you thought.

@ravenzord
damn, u are so likable. do you talk and act the way u write?

My thought on trust.

I am involved in a distance relationship. And so my girl once asked me for permission to attend a party. i asked her to go. the next day she told me that that she was nearly raped and asked me what i would have done if she was raped. I told her, "i will just tell you sorry nd life goes on. I wouldnt hve bothered so much even if u had purposely slep with another guy." ,she got mad and said i didnt love her. but she was wrong. i love her so much and am ready to forgive her when she makes mistakes.

i am so confused about the word TRUST that i have to cunsult my dictionary. And my dictionary describes it as such: "confidence in a person or thing".
i often hear the statement "i trusted you, but you failed me" then i ask myself "why should we trust somebody. do we really trust ourselves? i mean, before we can put our trust on other isn't it right that we first check ourselves?. many a times, i have seen people say they wont marry from a particular tribe but at the end of the day they do what they say they wont do. a lot of times people say things and dont end up living up to their words. and when they fail they provide reasonale excuses for their failure.
I have come to belive that if you love someone, dont trust the person. I dont think it is right to burden our lovers with too much expectation. trusting someone means we belive they are not supposed to fail us. is this possible? if we can easily give excuses and forgive ourselves when we make mistakes, why cant we do so to others. our child/sister/friend gets pregnant and want to persecute them. understanding that people cant help failing us and themselves will help us give the appropriate punishment ment to correct their mistakes.
life is easy, but can be hard when we dont have the right mental attitude towars life issues. always remember "he who is without sin, let him cast the first stone".
trusting another is just a sure way to gettin hurt. i dont belive any human deserves being trusted. instead of trusting others, lets learn to give them room for failure, so the we can forgive, them, understand them and live happily ever after together.
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by adebayo201: 5:42pm On Oct 04, 2009
10x 4 dat. I'v a code DTA= Dont Trust Anybody bt at least let's av an atom of beliv.
Also, we shd try to know d diff btw a fact and a truth.

My thought is: A BOSS or A LEADER?
Most of us feel a boss and a leader ar d same bt i want to say dat there'r huge diff btw them. Today thought, wil mak it clear to us d categories we belong.
Mind u, i'v workd nd servd unda both parties and wat i deduct 4rm dem both i pen dwn. Which goes as follows:
B: drives his men.
L: inspires his men.
B: depends on authority.
L:depends on goodwil.
B: evokes fear.
L: radi8s luv.
B: says "i".
L: says "we".
B: shows dat is wrong.
L: shows wat iz wrong.
B: knos aw it'z done.
L: shows aw 2 du it.
B: demands respect.
L: commands respect.
With dis few i'v written, sum ppl wu can reason wuld kno wat a boss nd a leader ar even witout workin unda dem.
IN CONCLUSION:
so, be a leader nd nt a boss. Though, it's 9iz 2 b important lik a boss bt it's more important 2 b 9iz.
10q nd av a blissful sunday grin
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by maedan(f): 5:51pm On Oct 04, 2009
@adebayo201, sorry but why do u always post in slang/shorthand?? It's very confusing mate smiley. I keep trying to read ur posts but it's a whole new language!!

@ frank3.16
One thing I've learned is that the more I didn't trust people, the less I trusted myself. So we all need to free our minds and hope for the best; we're all human so we should never lose faith in ourselves - and eachother.
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by adebayo201: 9:48pm On Oct 04, 2009
Mistress, i'm sorry for that. So what is your thought towards it
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by maedan(f): 10:40pm On Oct 04, 2009
Mister tongue, my thought on it is that I think I'd like to be a Leader if your theory is anything to go by wink.
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by adebayo201: 10:50pm On Oct 04, 2009
Thanks 4 dat mamy! grin
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by jite(f): 1:09pm On Oct 05, 2009
@frank 3.16. my thoughts most times are scrambled, so don't try to understand.
Trust is an a gift. Anyway who takes it lightly is worthy of it in the first place. Expectations is different from trust. Trust is a child of love. The two can't be separated. (Do let me know if you find out how)
@adebayo201. I'm currently working. Based on your definition I'd say I have a boss who acts like a leader when it suits him. The lines between the two blur a lot of times that's why people confuse them.
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by sino(m): 4:23pm On Oct 05, 2009
@frank3.16, Quite interesting thought you've got there about trust, but wonders how possible to live in this world without trust. Trusting some1 goes beyond expectations,totally agrees with jite on trust being inseparable from love.Trust doesn't hurt it frees your soul from worries.You only hurt yourself more if you trust not.We are all humans,we are prone to mistakes,trust make you find a thousand and one excuses for someone you love when they fall short of your trust.
@adebayo, i'll want to be a boss,you dont survive as a leader in dis terrain of ours.People need to be bullied to take actions,make 'em scared and u make a good leader.Applies only in dis part of da world.
@jite, your tot,me like the way it came, short and xplains much.Keep em coming

My thoughts. . .
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by adebayo201: 12:20pm On Oct 06, 2009
sino:

@frank3.16, Quite interesting thought you've got there about trust, but wonders how possible to live in this world without trust. Trusting some1 goes beyond expectations,totally agrees with jite on trust being inseparable from love.Trust doesn't hurt it frees your soul from worries.You only hurt yourself more if you trust not.We are all humans,we are prone to mistakes,trust make you find a thousand and one excuses for someone you love when they fall short of your trust.
@adebayo, i'll want to be a boss,you dont survive as a leader in dis terrain of ours.People need to be bullied to take actions,make 'em scared and u make a good leader.Applies only in dis part of da world.
@jite, your tot,me like the way it came, short and xplains much.Keep em coming

My thoughts. . .
that is your thought tobecum a boss. i luvc dat.
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by Scofield007(m): 1:21am On Oct 08, 2009
Wow what a question! Writers' block?
Can i ever that?
Being a prospective bachelor of philosophy(no thanx to aasu or should i say fg? I dont even know who to blame again) makes me a natural thinker(always thinking about thinking) but lately i realised i've not been thinkin about the first thing i should have; MYSELF. Which was what brought about the idea of a self rediscovery exercise, trying to get to get to know me, so i've been indoors since sunday morning. Locked myself in my room wit some music (good ones of course, and not the ones by terry-g and co), occasionally going to the kitchen whenever i'm hungry. But what i've i been thinkin about? WHO I AM, WHAT I WANT, AND WHAT I BELIEVE IN.
Now these above issues may look simple to you but you sit yourself down like me and you'll find they're not. Now let me take them and break them down one after the other.
WHO AM I?
I have come to discover that when there's maybe a group or general discussion among my friends or in the neighborhood, my comments are always of great interest to everybody, cos they know i'll always see something different from what everybody's seeing. Some are already labellin me as an antagonist and others as an atheist (when it comes to religious matters) so what i'm trying to do here is see maybe i'm doing it cos i'm enjoyin the fact that i oppose pple or its just that i cant see it their way and them, mine. I'm almost losing my girlfriend to this cos we dont agree on any matter (she's studyin psychology and me, philosophy).
WHAT I WANT.
Dont call me greedy, but i think i want it all. My neighbor bought a magnus and so i also want a magnus. My friend is using EOD, so i want it too. One of my classmates called me from south africa during this strike, i want to go and see the place too. My ex is now in new jersey, but i feel like going to york. The list is endless and it looks like a wish-list but its not cos its driving me nuts.
WHAT I BELIEVE IN.
I'm sure you'll remember the atheist talk. A lotta pple still feels i shouldn't have been allowed to study philosophy. Well i guess they forget it has always been in my veins. But now, i myself am getting confused. What do i believe in? Is it paganism? Atheism? Christianity? Islam? Or just the normal traditional ones? They all seem to make sense to me. Sometimes i want to believe they're all real but some just got more publicity than the others and so became more popular. I sometimes want to believe that sango and co were just prophets like mohamed, jesus, samson, zeus, amadioha, job etc cos they lived exemplary lives, so why all the fuss about jesus alone yet about a week ago when i heard some cats shouting at the back of my windom, i said in jesus name and they went away. For that incident i'm still tryin to convince myself that it was my voice they heard and not what i said. But why did i say it? Why are all the calendars named before and after this man (BC & AD)? How come when i want things i pray in his name and not any other?
Anyways, still continuing in my thoughtful holidays. Ciao!
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by Scofield007(m): 1:22am On Oct 08, 2009
Wow what a question! Writers' block?
Can i ever that?
Being a prospective bachelor of philosophy(no thanx to aasu or should i say fg? I dont even know who to blame again) makes me a natural thinker(always thinking about thinking) but lately i realised i've not been thinkin about the first thing i should have; MYSELF. Which was what brought about the idea of a self rediscovery exercise, trying to get to get to know me, so i've been indoors since sunday morning. Locked myself in my room wit some music (good ones of course, and not the ones by terry-g and co), occasionally going to the kitchen whenever i'm hungry. But what i've i been thinkin about? WHO I AM, WHAT I WANT, AND WHAT I BELIEVE IN.
Now these above issues may look simple to you but you sit yourself down like me and you'll find they're not. Now let me take them and break them down one after the other.
WHO AM I?
I have come to discover that when there's maybe a group or general discussion among my friends or in the neighborhood, my comments are always of great interest to everybody, cos they know i'll always see something different from what everybody's seeing. Some are already labellin me as an antagonist and others as an atheist (when it comes to religious matters) so what i'm trying to do here is see maybe i'm doing it cos i'm enjoyin the fact that i oppose pple or its just that i cant see it their way and them, mine. I'm almost losing my girlfriend to this cos we dont agree on any matter (she's studyin psychology and me, philosophy).
WHAT I WANT.
Dont call me greedy, but i think i want it all. My neighbor bought a magnus and so i also want a magnus. My friend is using EOD, so i want it too. One of my classmates called me from south africa during this strike, i want to go and see the place too. My ex is now in new jersey, but i feel like going to york. The list is endless and it looks like a wish-list but its not cos its driving me nuts.
WHAT I BELIEVE IN.
I'm sure you'll remember the atheist talk. A lotta pple still feels i shouldn't have been allowed to study philosophy. Well i guess they forget it has always been in my veins. But now, i myself am getting confused. What do i believe in? Is it paganism? Atheism? Christianity? Islam? Or just the normal traditional ones? They all seem to make sense to me. Sometimes i want to believe they're all real but some just got more publicity than the others and so became more popular. I sometimes want to believe that sango and co were just prophets like mohamed, jesus, samson, zeus, amadioha, job etc cos they lived exemplary lives, so why all the fuss about jesus alone yet about a week ago when i heard some cats shouting at the back of my windom, i said in jesus name and they went away. For that incident i'm still tryin to convince myself that it was my voice they heard and not what i said. But why did i say it? Why are all the calendars named before and after this man (BC & AD)? How come when i want things i pray in his name and not any other?
Anyways, still continuing in my thoughtful holidays. Ciao!
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by ravenzord(m): 2:03pm On Oct 08, 2009
T[b]he Thoughts Of A Reformed Reprobate: On Music
[/b]

Lemme start off by saying that this is the weirdest piece I've ever written,the reason being that it's the first of my notes which I've started writing without knowing where and how I want it to end. All I know is that I'm sitting here listening to Mode 9's 'Nine',and I'm so blown away by the beauty of the moment that I've just gotta try to describe the feelings music evokes in me. . .no matter how hard it is,maybe so I might be able to get a handle on it myself.So here I am,quite besotted,tryna describe the second love of my life,and I can't think of where to start. . .maybe I'll start where my G.S lecturer always told me to start: at the definition.

Music is first of all an art,and like all other forms of art,it's self-expression,both for the musicians and the listeners.For all the people involved in the production of a song,from the songwriter to the producer to the singer,that song is a part of them released to the world,telling a part of their story,their personal contribution to immortality,and as 4 the listener,it's hearing those feelings you never knew were there being expressed for you,or those thoughts U've always had being taken from your head and spun right back at you.It's painting in clefs and octaves,it's prose in verse,it's poetry in motion. It doesn't matter if u're laid out in your living room listening to Handel's Halleluyah,or in a club grooving hard to Illbliss' 'Aye kpo gan',music has a way of reaching you in different guises,wherever you are,and transporting you to other places U'd never have imagined. It takes U into B.I.G's room at the crack of dawn,listening to the warning in 'Who Shot ya',it helps U reach that high note with Jennifer Hudson in 'If this isn't love',or share in The Ambassador's joy that he's been let 'Off The Hook' by God,it alone can give you that peculiar feeling of pure bliss you get when U hear the piano at the end of Evanescence's 'Tourniquet' merge with the violins at the beginning of 'Imaginary'.Music is a message in itself,it's the power that could stop the English and Germans from further fighting during the First World War.It's earthy and heavenly,dark and illuminating,it's pain and joy,tears and laughter,sensual and innocent,it's Guy Fawkes day right in your ear,it's the softest whisper possible,it's thunder and lightning rolled into one and presented on a few minutes of song,it's the total quiet you get in the aftermath of a heavy storm,it's your very worst,and it's you at your sublime best.Music is . . .indescribable

Erm. . .I'm sure I was s'pozd 2 go beyond just defining it,but for some reason that's all that comes 2 mind.
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by ravenzord(m): 3:28pm On Oct 08, 2009
@ Jite: I like that thought of urs. . .the power of words.

@ Frank3.16:: LOL,dunno about my likability,matter of fact my sis says I'm very irritating. However I resolved that I wouldn't say anything if it wasn't constructive or funny,and I think it's working. I understand that ur thought on trust,but I don't necessarily agree with ur conclusion. I think we should trust folks,believe in them,give em the benefit of doubt.It's the trust U have in ur girlfriend that would make u ready 2 forgive her even if she slept with s'mun else on purpose,cos u love her.

@ adebayo: what d'u mean by saying the boss shows 'that is wrong'? I think I'd like 2 be the both,cos sumtyms when inspiration doesn't bring results,fear does wink.

@ Sino: Where does Naija get her salvation from?

@ Scofield: LMAO,I love that piece of urs,mind you,some folks think Terry G's d bomb so better watch ur mouth/fingers. I'm still tryna answer those questions of urs also,and I've figured out that I'm a masterpiece in progress,on the journey 2 self-realization,very materialistic( I won't call myself greedy),and we're in the same religion dilemma. I might wax philosophical about how we dunno which religion 2 believe in,but th fact is that I pray in Jesus name,and I expect my prayers 2 be answered,I also don't like going 2 d village cos I'm scared s'mun would jazz me,LOL,so much for free-mindedness.

ASUU should call off this stryke jare,lemme go check out the freshers,catch them young grin
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by frank317: 7:55pm On Oct 08, 2009
@ravenzord your thought of music is music itself.

My thought on Punishment.

My little niece got into trouble some days ago and i happened to bulge in when the father was beating him. i didnt like what i saw, common, the boy just made a mistake, why beat him in the name of punishment. when i confronted him and asked him why he thinks beating is the apropriate punishment for the offece he quoted the bible by saying: spare the rod and spoil the child.

i began to wonder what the bible means by rod. from the look of things, i think rod is anything that can stop the child repeating a wrong act. it could be rebuke, a word of advice, use of cane, a sharp look, taking away of something precious to the offender, paying of fine or inprisonment.

however isnt it important that we ensure that we make sure that punishment we give is in accordance with the offence? after much thought, i have come to find out that the problem with punishment is the intention behind administering it. yes, there different intentions behind the administration of punishment. it could be that you are angry that the offender did something wrong, it could be that you want the offender to regret his actions, it could be that we feel bad and want the offender to feel bad too. all these reasons causes you to administer the punishment wrongly, hence the offender misinterpretes your action and the aim of the punishment is defeated.

without saying much, i just think we should be more careful in administring punishment, to our friends, brothers, kids, lovers, husbands, etc and always check our intentions. the only best intention is that you dont want the person to repeat the action, so that he/she can be a better person. this will help u administer the right punishement, and not to be too harsh when u should be soft, or too soft when u should be harsh.
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by Scofield007(m): 10:24pm On Oct 08, 2009
@ frank, frankly speaking, i think a lotta old folks misinterprete the idea of sparing the rod and spoiling the child. I also used to. I used to feel like hittin my younger ones with metal so they'll learn on time and not get spoilt. Lol
now to really be frank, i think there's and ethical theory on that issue that says we should judge the motive behind an action rather than its outcome. So i guess nigerians should ask tompolo and co what led them into militancy before we judge them. I also think there's a portion in the bible that talks about stealing but i dont think refering to stealin alone. That part said somethin like if a man steals because he's hungry, he should be spared (correct me if i'm wrong, i'm sayin that's how it was written).
@ rave, music is also an avenue to say what you would not say in ordinary words but cant keep quiet about (i forgot the name of the man that said that). But its definitely not a mean to say what you dont mean to say (still directing that to terry-g, i think the boy's abusing the mic. He should go back to his drums, i hear he's good at that)
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by Scofield007(m): 10:27pm On Oct 08, 2009
@ frank, frankly speaking, i think a lotta old folks misinterprete the idea of sparing the rod and spoiling the child. I also used to. I used to feel like hittin my younger ones with metal so they'll learn on time and not get spoilt. Lol
now to really be frank, i think there's and ethical theory on that issue that says we should judge the motive behind an action rather than its outcome. So i guess nigerians should ask tompolo and co what led them into militancy before we judge them. I also think there's a portion in the bible that talks about stealing but i dont think refering to stealin alone. That part said somethin like if a man steals because he's hungry, he should be spared (correct me if i'm wrong, i'm sayin that's how it was written).
@ rave, music is also an avenue to say what you would not say in ordinary words but cant keep quiet about (i forgot the name of the man that said that). But its definitely not a mean to say what you dont mean to say (still directing that to terry-g, i think the boy's abusing the mic. He should go back to his drums, i hear he's good at that)
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by Scofield007(m): 10:27pm On Oct 08, 2009
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by Scofield007(m): 10:29pm On Oct 08, 2009
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by Scofield007(m): 10:30pm On Oct 08, 2009
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by Scofield007(m): 10:33pm On Oct 08, 2009
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by Scofield007(m): 10:53pm On Oct 08, 2009
Now how did i do that? 6posts? Wow!
F_ck that. Now i'm wonderin if anyone ever thought'bout this (i myself am begining to suspect my thoughts are going off-beat but i guess that makes me).
I just wonder why my mom and dad still deems it fit to close the door to their room whenever they want to go and do it as if i dont know what they want to go and do. Perhaps they dont want me to see them so as not to corrupt my eyes, but what is my eyes compared to my brains. Can you imagine the amount of the 'it' i've stored there? I've watched over a hundred 'it' films so what are they still hiding that i've not seen. I laugh especially at my mom, i guess she doesn't know the only reason it took me hours to come out of her 'it thing' the day i was coming was that i was having a good time staring at it. I even masturbated and just when i was about to have my first ejaculation, those stupid doctor and nurses pulled me out. I had no choice but to cry. Damn them for doing that to me at that early stage of my life. But i learnt a lesson that day sha, ' that this life i'm about to begin is definitely not going to be a bed of roses'. Lmao
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by bluespice(f): 11:17pm On Oct 08, 2009
im back after my short absence and rave i loved ur music piece best
heya all of y'all
sino i see u here agin cheesy
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by jite(f): 11:18am On Oct 09, 2009
I remember being thrashed by my mom and big bro. I don't think they were unfair. I look back and realize if I had a child like me, I'd have strangled her to death grin.
Punishment need not be physical, yes. Taking away privileges, ecetera could work. But not always.

What pEOPle sEE
when they look at me.
arrogant, unsmiling
humble, cheerful
intelligent
unapproachable
nice, maternal
weird, introverted
dimwitted
and the list goes on
they just don't know that the me they see is the me i want them to see. i have an identity which only i know
and maybe a few chosen others i have let in
when i look at me i see me, trying not to be perfect cos perfect is boring. its the little quirks, the ability to be any thing i want that makes me a perfectly unique. that word again, PERFECT.
what the hell does it mean anyway?
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by maedan(f): 2:33pm On Oct 09, 2009

@ Rave
I liked the "music piece" - its prose in verse, poetry in motion - nice. Music is my happy place, too. But it can also be a hard spot when the song brings back the wrong memories. But I could never turn my back on music; who ever created music did a wonderful thing!
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by ravenzord(m): 2:34pm On Oct 09, 2009
@ frank: Personally I think that 'spare the rod,spoil the child' admonition is subject to every individual's interpretation,the only problem is how we choose to interpret it: some people seem 2 think it's beating the daylights out of children.Unfortunately most times we beat children just 2 vent,transferred aggression,without telling'em why they shouldn't do what they did,and this is where the danger lies;the children don't learn their lessons,they only learn not 2 get caught. I know my folks have whipped my brothers over 50 times for going out 2 play without telling anybody,but still they do it,over and over again. . .which just shows whipping isn't effective. Humane sanctions coupled with sensible explanations should do the trick,and if they don't U'd better go and do deliverance grin. This one no mean say if my brothers trespass them no go pump tire tongue.

@ Scofield: ROTFLMAOWTSOME, U little perv,you. . .so U wan dey watch ur parents eh? Maybe they close the door cos they don't wanna traumatise U kids,all that jiggling flesh 'n' all. Don't worry when U get married,U and dat ur Psyche babe should do 'it' on the living room sofa right in front of ur kids,tell'em it's firsthand sex ed,LOL.

@ Blue: Sup babe,longest tym.where U been? The Music piece was heartfelt. . .Music Is My Saviour,Music Is Me.Write something,let's have a peek in2 ur mind wink

@ jite: Perfection: A nonexistent state described by a stupid word invented by a foolish person. U know,the problem with presenting different faces to different people is that after a while we're not so sure which face is really ours. I suffer from the same problem,nobody really knows me,they only see what I want them 2 see,or what they choose to see.I know the real me,I just don't really understand him.
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by AfroCynic: 3:53pm On Oct 09, 2009
My thoughts on love

'I love you'
Those words I dream of hearing,
Obi'm, Ife mi

Then I wake up.

When the heart no longer skips a beat
You wanna take back words you said
but there is no receipt

How will you love me then?

No more roses
Kisses on the back of my neck
When you ask me for your dinner
and I tell you it's not ready yet

How will I love you?
When years of Guiness
is made evident around your waist
When your once thick coiled
hair
has given way to a smooth nothing

How would we love each other
When breasts that once spilled outta your palms
lay flat my on chest
When the tautness of my belly
is overtaken by the softness of these
unforgiving years?

This is what I was thinking about, a little freestlye poem.

Peace.
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by ravenzord(m): 4:04pm On Oct 09, 2009
@ AfroCynic: I can still say I love you cos I started loving you for ur looks,but I ended up loving you for you. . .I'd think that was a worthy reply 2 ur poem,nice one.
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by AfroCynic: 4:06pm On Oct 09, 2009
ravenzord:

@ AfroCynic: I can still say I love you cos I started loving you for your looks,but I ended up loving you for you. . .I'd think that was a worthy reply 2 your poem,nice one.

Hmmn, I dunno,
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by chiogo(f): 9:32pm On Oct 09, 2009
AfroCynic:

My thoughts on love

'I love you'
Those words I dream of hearing,
Obi'm, Ife mi

Then I wake up.

When the heart no longer skips a beat
You wanna take back words you said
but there is no receipt

How will you love me then?

No more roses
Kisses on the back of my neck
When you ask me for your dinner
and I tell you it's not ready yet

How will I love you?
When years of Guiness
is made evident around your waist

When your once thick coiled
hair
has given way to a smooth nothing

How would we love each other
When breasts that once spilled outta your palms
lay flat my on chest
When the tautness of my belly
is overtaken by the softness of these
unforgiving years?

This is what I was thinking about, a little freestlye poem.

Peace.

LOL that was funny - the highlighted  grin  grin
Nice one.
Re: Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. by adebayo201: 9:51pm On Oct 09, 2009
, aw! Miss alot. where du u want me 2 start

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! / 6 Missed Calls!!!! A Must Read! / Naruto Chapter 593 (pidgin English)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.