Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Problems With Father And Son relationship - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Problems With Father And Son relationship (1581 Views)

Obituary Of Father And Son Who Died After Brief Illness (Photo) / Photo Of A Proud Father And His Six Daughters / Photos Of A Father And His Five Pretty Daughters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problems With Father And Son relationship by pich4real(m): 1:35pm On May 22, 2016
i have come to realise that in most families the father and son relationship is not really strong like d mother daughter relationship, i noticed dat in most families father and son dont really get togeda dat much especially when d son is becomin an adult, there are always havin issues like freedom and who is the head of the house. No doubt i av had this same problem with my dad, hes always tryin to tell me hes still d head of the house while i try to make him undastand dat am not dat boi i use to be years back. but like seriously i knw they knw better but dads nid to undastand that they cant be always right, when a boi is growin up to be a man u nid to hear his own views and learn to undastand his own perspective, the rate at which father and son have conflict is so alarming cos atleast 80% of every home wit male children have this problem wen they start advancin in age and its not healthy for the family, 60% of fathers are not in good terms with their son wen they start advancin from childhood to adulthood

2 Likes

Re: Problems With Father And Son relationship by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 22, 2016
undecided undecided

Re: Problems With Father And Son relationship by pich4real(m): 2:09pm On May 22, 2016
ur a lady u dont undastand
Re: Problems With Father And Son relationship by diportivo: 2:20pm On May 22, 2016
The thing wey elder see wen he siddon,pikin no fit see am even if e climb zuma rock

To u u feel ur dad is simply trying to exert his authority for exertion sake.....and yes,because u don dey get biabia,dey toast babe,even dey make small money no mean say u and ur papa don turn mate

Unfortunately it is until u come of age,that u will realise dat in all ur dad's seemingly unreasonable disturbances,he is/was only looking out for the best for u

Until u come of age,u wont realise it

#RIPDAD

1 Like

Re: Problems With Father And Son relationship by pacino26(m): 1:22pm On May 23, 2016
Hmm, when I hear people say they are having issues with their dads I just wish they fast track in time to understand what a father sees that makes him treat his son in certain ways the son perceives to be rash and thus will demand emotional freedom.

I had my fair share of fights no doubt, mostly emanating from new threats in the social environment at that time.

The greatest fear of a dad is to have a son he cannot be proud of, a son he won't be able to tell his tales while taking drinks with his friends. It's that simple. That now makes them to enact certain rules that the son, a growing son will be uncomfortable with. But if you're a child of principle you'll look beyond the scolding and embrace the old man, work hard to make him proud. Most of all you may not get that pat on the back for coming first; after all were you intended on coming last in class?

He's my tip to all growing indomie generation boys:

Accept your dad is your PRISON and PALACE , no escape cuz you can't do without both.

It is your first time turning eighteen and probably if you're the first son your dad is as inexperienced as you're in handling you as a teen as you handling teen issues with your dad.

Those places he wouldn't want you to go with your friends, by proxy make him go with you.

Constantly allay his fears by showing him he's the one in charge and not some random peer group.

Above all, you will grow up to be a dad someday. Keep that in your head always and show respect.

Talk him down during tensed arguments starting with an apology.

Take him out occasionally to some fun places and make him your partner in crime. Moms can be the govt whose law you guys will break once in awhile.

I enjoy a healthy relationship with my dad, took me out to a bar for the first time when I was six, I enjoyed some fried beef and malt that yr. Dressed up the next evening and told him let's go again, he gently pulled me to his side and gave me a knock. Ever since we roll and no matter the fight I never leave his side.

MydadandI

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Young Girl Found With 'MARK OF SATAN' Carved Into Her Head And Hands (photos) / Maths And Further Maths Private Tutor / Did I Catch Him Red-handed Or Maybe This Is A Sign From God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.