Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,811 members, 7,851,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:29 AM

Strike: NLC Is Sold Out –ex-vice President - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Strike: NLC Is Sold Out –ex-vice President (28406 Views)

Ex-vice President Alex Ekwueme Is Dead / LIVE UPDATES: What NLC is doing to restrategise for day 2 of strike action / Reasons NLC Is Calling For A Nationwide Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strike: NLC Is Sold Out –ex-vice President by iamodenigbo1(m): 4:40pm On May 22, 2016
eyaa
Re: Strike: NLC Is Sold Out –ex-vice President by Anis1987: 4:42pm On May 22, 2016
We are on strike in Osun state

1 Like

Re: Strike: NLC Is Sold Out –ex-vice President by QTEST007(m): 4:46pm On May 22, 2016
shamsuRana:
NLC..Official Wailers in disguise

Hypocracy is when you buy fuel at N250/liter and protest at N145/liter official price and expect all and sundry to join Una?

Guy,u Sabi book,i swear.
Re: Strike: NLC Is Sold Out –ex-vice President by viktor01(m): 4:49pm On May 22, 2016
Even Bible talk am, any house divided against itself will not stand.
NLC is a joke....
Re: Strike: NLC Is Sold Out –ex-vice President by piagetskinner(m): 5:05pm On May 22, 2016
Solution016:
The very painful part is that of osio baba on dis issue. Does it mean he's no more part them?

The power of mouth changing
Re: Strike: NLC Is Sold Out –ex-vice President by dumpointer: 5:08pm On May 22, 2016
God help us o. We do not understand what is going on. If those we look up to, to protect our interest is compromised then everyman for himself in Nigeria o
Re: Strike: NLC Is Sold Out –ex-vice President by ogmask: 5:09pm On May 22, 2016
shamsuRana:

Hypocracy is when you buy fuel at N250/liter and protest at N145/liter official price and expect all and sundry to join Una?

True, truer, truest.

The truth in your post is far stronger than the humour.
Re: Strike: NLC Is Sold Out –ex-vice President by 9jatatafo(m): 5:23pm On May 22, 2016
shamsuRana:

That is not hypocracy because we bought at N250 due to scarcity and hoarding. Now the situation is normal and all parties should be involved if at all they want real increase.lets b reasonable.
Will you be happy to buy 6 balls of tomato for N1000 when tomatoes is available in abundance?

1 Like

Re: Strike: NLC Is Sold Out –ex-vice President by iswallker(m): 5:26pm On May 22, 2016
all our leaders are sold out..not just NLC....be your CEO and you will never have cause to bother about them..

let me narrate a girls story...and correct her mistakes so others can learn...

She blogged that she had a terrible experience with multi level marketing which is an entrepreneurship...and so she would stone anybody that comes near her family house, to market MLM...

First of all, she had misconceptions ....she was told she will get rich quick....it doesn't work that way...you have to work...the earnings potential is huge but you get it through drive, passion , persistence and action...

Secondly, there are cheats out there....consider this 4 factors before u join a MLM company....

1. The company...it has to be reputable, not one that will collapse tomorrow 2. The product....it has to be marketable, preferably daily use products and good quality..3. The group support system...MLM is a group effort...your uplines must be responsive and supportive..that's how you can replicate their success..more so, the success of a upline depends on the growth of his down lines...also a upline will train his downlines on how to market...4. The compensation plan....it has to be generous..in order to guarantee financial freedom, you don't want to enslave youself...

Let me leave you with this saying....the richest people in the world look for and build networks...other people look for work....

the question is which category do you want to belong to....

Let me help you achieve your dreams in life...contact me...
Re: Strike: NLC Is Sold Out –ex-vice President by Ifeola1: 5:32pm On May 22, 2016
any latest news on strike
Re: Strike: NLC Is Sold Out –ex-vice President by seed281: 5:34pm On May 22, 2016
TURN COSMETICS INTO MONEY WITH ORIFLAME!
Oriflame is the largest European cosmetics company from Sweden with 3.7 million Consultants and operations in 65 countries. Founded 49 years ago by 2 brothers.
Oriflame is looking for Consultants/distributors all over Nigeria.
Registration fee is 2990 and start your own business as an independent Consultant/distributor, for a minimal amount & without any financial risk.
BENEFITS
1: Enjoy our products at 30% discount.
2: Enjoy 3% - 21% earning on your personal purchases monthly.
3: Earn even more by inviting others to join Oriflame & enjoy 3 % - 21% on their purchase.
4: Enjoy instant profit from product sales
5: Monthly bonuses
6: Cash Awards from N150,000 — N150,000,000
7: Enjoy our free international trip, three times in a year, all expenses paid by Oriflame.(Qualify for FLORIDA 2017,THE ORIFLAME 50 YEARS ANNIVERSARY )
8: Professional trainings, etc.
With Oriflame, You Can Look Great, Make Money & Have Fun!
For more information: Inbox me/WhatsApp 08072365825
Turning ordinary people into extraordinary millionaires,this is a life time opportunity I offered for u to partner with us, With US IT'S All ABOUT YOU.
http://ng.oriflame.com/business-opportunity/become-consultant

Re: Strike: NLC Is Sold Out –ex-vice President by shamsuRana(m): 5:36pm On May 22, 2016
9jatatafo:

That is not hypocracy because we bought at N250 due to scarcity and hoarding. Now the situation is normal and all parties should be involved if at all they want real increase.lets b reasonable.
Will you be happy to buy 6 balls of tomato for N1000 when tomatoes is available in abundance?

I don't have an issue with that.what is the cause of the tomato scarcity?how can it be addressed?how are you addressing it yourself and in your own ways?
By and large,as long as it's not available,one maybe sad buying it 6 for 1000. But do you have an alternative?
Re: Strike: NLC Is Sold Out –ex-vice President by no1madman(m): 6:12pm On May 22, 2016
Nigeria is equally sold out. .. . chai! Damn!
Re: Strike: NLC Is Sold Out –ex-vice President by no1madman(m): 6:19pm On May 22, 2016
no1madman:
Nigeria is equally sold out. .. . chai! Damn!
u r makin a whole lotta sense!
Re: Strike: NLC Is Sold Out –ex-vice President by zeusdgrt(m): 7:10pm On May 22, 2016
Saheed9:
true talk
is very annoying to know that APC pay you guys to sparm good topics on nairaland with trash comment,so u then have multiple accounts to support your eediotic comments and make it seems there are a lot guys who celebrate your stupidity.We will fish you guys out very soonest than you think.keneking,omenka etc...we will fish you guys out
Re: Strike: NLC Is Sold Out –ex-vice President by Leke001: 7:48pm On May 22, 2016
hmmn
Re: Strike: NLC Is Sold Out –ex-vice President by hugochuks60(m): 8:10pm On May 22, 2016
[quote author=gebest post=45864477]Was adams not in ACN when GEJ and PDP called him to be involve in the negotiation with labour on the removal of subsidy 2011/2012, did he not support Gej to remove it? Was Abdulwaheed Umar not the NLC president then? U must be drunk for this ur write up.

Sorry bro, u don't have to use harsh words on people who want to express themselves.
How sure r u that this present government has deregulated the oil sector?
Are you happy with the current situation of the country?
With this new price of pms what has the common man got to gain?
For how long r we going to buy pms at that rate?
You n i know that nlc is divided n this is really bad to this nation because d common man's voice will no longer be heard.
Pls bro when u see the truth, say it.
Re: Strike: NLC Is Sold Out –ex-vice President by LydayBobo(m): 8:35pm On May 22, 2016
gebest:
Was adams not in ACN when GEJ and PDP called him to be involve in the negotiation with labour on the removal of subsidy 2011/2012, did he not support Gej to remove it? Was Abdulwaheed Umar not the NLC president then? U must be drunk for this ur write up.
More annoiting for you Sir. You just Yan the koko

1 Like

Re: Strike: NLC Is Sold Out –ex-vice President by ItsMeAboki(m): 9:09pm On May 22, 2016
Your NLC in serious meeting behind closed doors strategizing on how they would alleviate the suffering of the masses.

Re: Strike: NLC Is Sold Out –ex-vice President by Saheed9: 9:22pm On May 22, 2016
zeusdgrt:
is very annoying to know that APC pay you guys to sparm good topics on nairaland with trash comment,so u then have multiple accounts to support your eediotic comments and make it seems there are a lot guys who celebrate your stupidity.We will fish you guys out very soonest than you think.keneking,omenka etc...we will fish you guys out
I don't usually glorify ppl like you the luxury of a response but pls go through my previous comments on this forum and u'd realize if I'm partisan or not.
Re: Strike: NLC Is Sold Out –ex-vice President by zeusdgrt(m): 9:28pm On May 22, 2016
Saheed9:
I don't usually glorify ppl like you the luxury of a response but pls go through my previous comments on this forum and u'd realize if I'm partisan or not.
Story for the gods
Re: Strike: NLC Is Sold Out –ex-vice President by BabaAduras: 11:50pm On May 22, 2016
shamsuRana:

This is one of the comments I have seen on NL. I have once bought fake fuel at N600/L at a point in time. Why should I going on strike when I am to pay N145 for original fuel.

Please note in the USA with all its refineries and no fuel scarcity, fuel is about $2/gallon which translates to about N150/L. What is the noise all about?

1 Like

Re: Strike: NLC Is Sold Out –ex-vice President by shamsuRana(m): 6:12am On May 23, 2016
BabaAduras:

This is one of the comments I have seen on NL. I have once bought fake fuel at N600/L at a point in time. Why should I going on strike when I am to pay N145 for original fuel.

Please note in the USA with all its refineries and no fuel scarcity, fuel is about $2/gallon which translates to about N150/L. What is the noise all about?

I wonder o! Sentimental people and absurdist full Nigeria.
Re: Strike: NLC Is Sold Out –ex-vice President by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 7:40am On May 23, 2016
BabaAduras:

That you once bought fuel at N600/L doesn't justify the situation. Of course, it's clear that it was possible coz the government allowed it to. If you followed the fuel situation very closely, you'd have realised that the commodity became available once the Govt acted. I speak from PHC, once government started sending out agencies (though ineffective due to corrupt officials) to inspect the selling price and calibrations of the pumps at filling stations, the situation improved a bit. Next, government went on to announce on radio the names and locations of stations that received the commodity and should sell at official rate; more effective but marred by black maketters who buy and hoard the products at N86.5/L to sell to you at N600/L (This was when i first heared about gun boat, a car that takes in 400 - 600L of fuel before it fills up). Finally, Govt placed a ban on PMS black market and enforced it by ceasing the product and possibly arresting anyone found selling the product in jerricans. Consequently, we can now get the products almost easily and at official rate. And then what? Subsidy removal.... My point, it was all planned.... plus Govt could have bettered the situation from the start but allowed it to linger on so as to achieve their perilous goal.

As for ur comments on US, Naija isn't US. Don't forget that US was one of Nigeria's top customer and the world's no one buyer of crude. So, selling at the price is justified if at all it's true. What you should worry about is how US who wasn't initially producing the commodity (now producing shale gas) has many refineries like you claim, yet Nigeria who is a top producer doesn't have many or working refineries to boast of. I'm sure you know that to arrive at the cost of PMS, the US would have factored in the purchasing cost, logistics cost, and refining costs among others. But for Naija, it should have been producing cost rather than purchasing cost. Again, u can't compare in any way as the US have a far stronger economy and currency than Nigeria. In some countries like Australia and UK, the product is sold in gas stations for cents and pennies which should be likened to the kobo. Again, I don't know how you did ur maths but 1gal is about 4L (3.cool, so, it should be 2L for $1 (or N199) which means about N100/L if you wanna go by your analogy which I totally disagreed with.

We know Nigeria is corrupt as a nation, but we should learn to speak for a better Nigeria in any little way we can. In all these, it's the common man that's impacted greatly. If you're working with Shell, Chevron, Total, Eni etc or Halliburton, Schlumberger, Baker, etc or you're in the top political class or a successful business man, then I agree you can accommodate the situation coz you're paid right, besides most of them comfortably bought the product at N250 or N600/L when the common man had to park his vehicle (hence the scanty roads). But my dear, u can't be earning minimum wage or better still even N100k/month (which is well above the avarage monthly income of the common man) and expect them to welcome the hike in fuel price with a smiling face unless you want them to spend all their earnings on transportation and owe debts to feed.

To be clear, if subsidy actually exists, it's best removing it but that should be after relevant measures have been put in place. Eg Note that PMS should actually sell far below N50/L in Nigeria if all is working fine like in the US. So, FG can actually make our existing refineries functional and use that to support the effect of subsidy to maintain sales at N86.5 or less while they work on other ways of making the situation better. Also, since the higher class like you are comfortable with the increase and willing to sacrifice or suffer for the betterment of the nation as u claimed, then why don't we copy developed nations by increasing the tax rate for the higher class tremendously over the lower class. Surely if tax revenues are well gathered, it can surely make up for subsidy. Whatever affects the common man is fine, but whatever affects the higher class isn't. The president in his first good cause in office proposed salary reductions for senators and minister et al; did that succeed? What about the furniture and travel allowances that should be reduced? Shebi those were news and subjects worth debating in the house? But since most of them don't buy fuel nor pay for electricity since these are covered by their allowances and benefits, they didn't even spend time to debate or fight over it, they just imposed it on us. If you don't know, most top class citizens either drive into a designated gas station to fill up their tanks or are reimbursed by submitting receipts of purchase/payment of bills which they even inflate.

Simply, Naija is corrupt!!!
Re: Strike: NLC Is Sold Out –ex-vice President by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 7:44am On May 23, 2016
shamsuRana:

I wonder o! Sentimental people and absurdist full Nigeria.

Oga, why not offer to donate some of your money to a broke government at least to help alleviate the suffering of the masses which will in turn help prevent further striking actions. I won't be surprised if you're one of those that now drive jeeps into a filling station and ask for N2,000 fuel while a taxi driver asks for his tank to be filled, something u did comfortably when the price was N86.5
Re: Strike: NLC Is Sold Out –ex-vice President by shamsuRana(m): 8:00am On May 23, 2016
catchdwind4rmkd:

Oga, why not offer to donate some of your money to a broke government at least to help alleviate the suffering of the masses which will in turn help prevent further striking actions. I won't be surprised if you're one of those that now drive jeeps into a filling station and ask for N2,000 fuel while a taxi driver asks for his tank to be filled, something u did comfortably when the price was N86.5

it shouldn't be a surprise of course.I own cars not car and thanks to the almighty am able to fuel them amidst the scarcity then, and even now.but that is your own thought.however you are entitled to it.the question is what have you done on your own part to alleviate the suffering?I am quiet comfortable with my standard of living,simply because I beg for more to get less.In the world,the slogan has always been "every man for himself,God for everyone".
Re: Strike: NLC Is Sold Out –ex-vice President by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 10:53am On May 23, 2016
shamsuRana:

it shouldn't be a surprise of course.I own cars not car and thanks to the almighty am able to fuel them amidst the scarcity then, and even now.but that is your own thought.however you are entitled to it.the question is what have you done on your own part to alleviate the suffering?I am quiet comfortable with my standard of living,simply because I beg for more to get less.In the world,the slogan has always been "every man for himself,God for everyone".

I guess u didn't get my point because of your arrogance. Well, since you asked, I haven't done as much as you have, neither do I claim to be in your class, and that's clearly why I'm not comfortable with the fuel hike like you do. And so there's no way I can help alleviate the suffering. I agree with everything you've said but not on the insinuation that people should suffer coz few are well to do? The almighty God most of you come here to hypocritically proclaim does resist the proud and only uplifts the humble. Hear yourself, you have cars and can fuel them amidst the scarcity. Who doubt that? I said that already in my previous post that some (which you've agreed to be among) can afford. But does that justify why those that can't afford it should suffer? Again, I say rather than the well-to-do like you to support motions that impose suffering on the masses, you should agree to make those sacrifices to help others. Say the top class agree to buy these products at N250 or N600 per litre so that the lower class can buy at N86.5. My bro, the simple truth is that not all man can afford it, no matter how u try to defend it. The government hasn't done the right thing at this point, there are better alternatives.
Re: Strike: NLC Is Sold Out –ex-vice President by shamsuRana(m): 12:31pm On May 23, 2016
catchdwind4rmkd:

I guess u didn't get my point because of your arrogance. Well, since you asked, I haven't done as much as you have, neither do I claim to be in your class, and that's clearly why I'm not comfortable with the fuel hike like you do. And so there's no way I can help alleviate the suffering. I agree with everything you've said but not on the insinuation that people should suffer coz few are well to do? The almighty God most of you come here to hypocritically proclaim does resist the proud and only uplifts the humble. Hear yourself, you have cars and can fuel them amidst the scarcity. Who doubt that? I said that already in my previous post that some (which you've agreed to be among) can afford. But does that justify why those that can't afford it should suffer? Again, I say rather than the well-to-do like you to support motions that impose suffering on the masses, you should agree to make those sacrifices to help others. Say the top class agree to buy these products at N250 or N600 per litre so that the lower class can buy at N86.5. My bro, the simple truth is that not all man can afford it, no matter how u try to defend it. The government hasn't done the right thing at this point, there are better alternatives.

you think am arrogant,that is your own thought,even if it is erroneous. Those who hypocritically proclaim GOD do that at their own peril,he knows the mind set of all and sundry,including some one like you who works with guesses and presumptions.I ask you,can you alleviate any suffering resident in just your own family or household alone?as for me I can only do my best,but cannot satisfy all.then talk more of a nation?

look,guy be reasonable to yourself always,he is a fool who tries to satisfy the whole world.It is only the Almighty that can do that.he has the discretion to do and not to do.why he not doing it when it is requisite,is something you and I don't know.

I like your concerned thoughts about how others would feel,or cope with the hardship,but what impact can you make?how many can you assist?as for me,I can only do my best and he ABOVE will do the rest.But for now,all you can do is to pray for them,while thanking the almighty for even providing you with some necessaries of life,which others yearn for.

someone out there wants to be like you,in fact,a lot want to be in your position.but,what can YOU do about it? this was why i said "everyone for himself and GOD for everyone"

if you think there are alternatives,put it to a suggestion.The government reach cannot be anywhere,coz there was never a sustenance in Nigerian govt.
Re: Strike: NLC Is Sold Out –ex-vice President by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 9:51pm On May 23, 2016
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Okupe To EFCC: I’ve Heart Problem, Please Don’t Detain Me / Boko Haram Losing Grip And Territories / Aisha Buhari Prepares For Get-Involved Initiative (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.