Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,165 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

Ask A Pilot... - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ask A Pilot... (107062 Views)

Pilot Saves Baby After Being Involved In A Horrible Accident In Lagos. Photos / Nigerian Pilot, Ademilola, Makes History As First African To Fly The World Solo / Young Pilot Who Flew His Mother: "One Of The Best Days Of My Life" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask A Pilot... by jude33084(m): 9:56pm On Jul 10, 2016
Make una dey discuss my level biko,..........

Team single engine grin
Re: Ask A Pilot... by okikiosibodu(m): 11:45pm On Jul 10, 2016
igwemoagbo:
Finally programmed a fully functional FMC today on my Sim.... Wow. Practice makes perfect.... Many way points. Tell you folks.... If you miss a way point either it climb or decent rate. You got to start all over again. Flown over 12times b4 perfection..... Fsx. Learning new things every day.

Brother, I got a FSX cd from computer village some weeks ago, but e no gree install for my lappy. My lappy has 500gb hdd, 6gb ram, and 2.6ghz processor speed, and it runs on AMD. I copied the two CDS into a consolidated folder, but it keeps on boucing back. When I tries seperating the cd into different folders, it still says the same thing (somthn like dab 1.cab" is missing . Corrupt). I have tried searchn google for help and also to see if I could download the cab file but it just won't give me a result. Pls put me through on how you installed urs. Thank you for your anticipated outstanding response
Re: Ask A Pilot... by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jul 10, 2016
jude33084:
Make una dey discuss my level biko,..........

Team single engine grin

Level get as e be.

There are some single engines that are complicated to fly. And you don't have the benefit of automated flight management systems, mostly.
Re: Ask A Pilot... by naruto02(m): 11:19am On Jul 11, 2016
My Flight simulator brothers please advice me on the best laptop(Mac and HP) to get for the FSX.

1 Like

Re: Ask A Pilot... by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 11, 2016
Good day bro. Buy HP laptop. For fsx to work well. Try a i5. Core. 6gig ram and very important.. At least 1 gig vram
Re: Ask A Pilot... by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 11, 2016
okikiosibodu:

Brother, I got a FSX cd from computer village some weeks ago, but e no gree install for my lappy. My lappy has 500gb hdd, 6gb ram, and 2.6ghz processor speed, and it runs on AMD. I copied the two CDS into a consolidated folder, but it keeps on boucing back. When I tries seperating the cd into different folders, it still says the same thing (somthn like dab 1.cab" is missing . Corrupt). I have tried searchn google for help and also to see if I could download the cab file but it just won't give me a result. Pls put me through on how you installed urs. Thank you for your anticipated outstanding response
all dos cds aren't fully downloaded. Yea had same issue years ago until I downloaded on for free online till date I still use those files anytime I change laptops. Just Google torrent sites and sub search for fsx acceleration

1 Like

Re: Ask A Pilot... by naruto02(m): 3:51pm On Jul 11, 2016
igwemoagbo:
Good day bro. Buy HP laptop. For fsx to work well. Try a i5. Core. 6gig ram and very important.. At least 1 gig vram
Thanks
Re: Ask A Pilot... by naruto02(m): 12:11am On Jul 12, 2016
@olisa4all I sat for radio class today and ha! I wasn't catching it... It's bunch of words and I kept on practicing with my instructor, was kinda hard to grab.we'll be flying this morning and am sure he'll ask me to call the frequency and do the chats.

1 Like

Re: Ask A Pilot... by Olisa4all: 12:39am On Jul 12, 2016
At the initial stage it sounds like a bunch of gibberish but with time it'll start making a lot of sense. You can see from you attachment that it's a procedure. The foundation is:
1) Who you are.
2) Where you are.
3) What you want.
And then read back
Once you grasp the concept, the rest is easy.

You do need to know all the alphabets tho,Alpha Bravo Charlie Delta etc

4 Likes

Re: Ask A Pilot... by naruto02(m): 9:57am On Jul 12, 2016
Olisa4all:
At the initial stage it sounds like a bunch of gibberish but with time it'll start making a lot of sense. You can see from you attachment that it's a procedure. The foundation is:
1) Who you are.
2) Where you are.
3) What you want.
And then read back

Yeah.

Re: Ask A Pilot... by jude33084(m): 3:00pm On Jul 13, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Level get as e be.

There are some single engines that are complicated to fly. And you don't have the benefit of automated flight management systems, mostly.

Are you into single engine too grin

So so easy to fly; it is fun cool
Re: Ask A Pilot... by jude33084(m): 3:02pm On Jul 13, 2016
Olisa4all:
1) Who you are.
2) Where you are.
3) What you want.
And then read back

ATC steps.....
Re: Ask A Pilot... by jude33084(m): 3:06pm On Jul 13, 2016
okikiosibodu:

Come to Surulere and halla me cool
Re: Ask A Pilot... by jude33084(m): 3:07pm On Jul 13, 2016
igwemoagbo:
all dos cds aren't fully downloaded. Yea had same issue years ago until I downloaded on for free online till date I still use those files anytime I change laptops. Just Google torrent sites and sub search for fsx acceleration

GBAM! wink
Re: Ask A Pilot... by Olisa4all: 3:52pm On Jul 13, 2016
jude33084:

ATC steps.....

I don't understand
Re: Ask A Pilot... by sugah: 4:00pm On Jul 13, 2016
Olisa4all:
1) Who you are.
2) Where you are.
3) What you want.
And then read back

1. Who you are talking to
2. Who you are.. etc

The most common mistake in communication is talking on the wrong frequency.

1 Like

Re: Ask A Pilot... by Olisa4all: 4:17pm On Jul 13, 2016
sugah:

1. Who you are talking to
2. Who you are.. etc

The most common mistake in communication is talking on the wrong frequency.

BOSS....... Ive made that mistake before,lol

1 Like

Re: Ask A Pilot... by sugah: 4:30pm On Jul 13, 2016
Olisa4all:

We all do..... at some point.

2 Likes

Re: Ask A Pilot... by Boeing777pilot: 7:22pm On Jul 13, 2016
sugah:

We all do..... at some point.
Olisa4all:

And it's worse when you think your mic is keyed off and start saying some pretty lipsrsealed stuff and you realize it's still on.

1 Like

Re: Ask A Pilot... by jude33084(m): 9:34pm On Jul 13, 2016
Olisa4all:

I don't understand

grin
Re: Ask A Pilot... by Nobody: 4:46am On Jul 14, 2016
naruto02:
Thanks
What's up Bro! Where are you taking your course?
Re: Ask A Pilot... by jude33084(m): 1:21pm On Jul 15, 2016
Olisa4all:

I don't understand

Steps as in; your name, name of the receiver( tower, ground, etc)

Location,

Your intention, etc

No vex o, it is how I relate to atc in vatsim wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ask A Pilot... by Boeing777pilot: 6:17pm On Jul 15, 2016
Hello fam,

July 12th my baby mama's birthday.

Calm down it's not what you think.

It was Boeing's 100th Birthday.

Every Boeing aircraft was a hit back to back

I can't imagine how aviation would have looked like without Boeing.

I love you baby boo grin

8 Likes

Re: Ask A Pilot... by Olisa4all: 9:32pm On Jul 15, 2016
http://aviateng.com/a-message-to-boeing-from-their-tough-competitors-airbus/

jude33084:

Steps as in; your name, name of the receiver( tower, ground, etc)
Location,
Your intention, etc
No vex o, it is how I relate to atc in vatsim wink

lol vex for what now brother

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ask A Pilot... by naruto02(m): 5:03am On Jul 16, 2016
ademolamiowon:

What's up Bro! Where are you taking your course?
South Africa
Re: Ask A Pilot... by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 16, 2016
naruto02:

South Africa
Oh great! I hope to join madiba bay flying academy soon in Port Elizabeth so can we hook up please?
Re: Ask A Pilot... by sugah: 3:41pm On Jul 16, 2016
Boeing777pilot... are you really type rated on that? How many hours total and on type do you have? How long have you been flying professionally? What routes do you fly?

1 Like

Re: Ask A Pilot... by Boeing777pilot: 9:01pm On Jul 16, 2016
sugah:
Boeing777pilot... are you really type rated on that? How many hours total and on type do you have? How long have you been flying professionally? What routes do you fly?

600 plus hours on B777

2,000 plus total flight hours

Five years now

Intercontinental routes out of the middle east mostly Asia, North America Europe and occasionally Africa.

3 Likes

Re: Ask A Pilot... by sugah: 9:58pm On Jul 16, 2016
Emirates/Qatar/Etihad?

@boeing777pilot
Re: Ask A Pilot... by Nobody: 1:11am On Jul 17, 2016
sugah:
Emirates/Qatar/Etihad?
I'll go with Emirates

1 Like

Re: Ask A Pilot... by naruto02(m): 3:02am On Jul 17, 2016
ademolamiowon:

Oh great! I hope to join madiba bay flying academy soon in Port Elizabeth so can we hook up please?
I'm in MBSF too.. Hoping to see you soon

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (31) (Reply)

Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens? / Cost Of Nigerian International Passport / Lagos Plane Crash: List Of Passengers & Survivors

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.