Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,705 members, 7,955,669 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:19 PM

Ask A Pilot... - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ask A Pilot... (110013 Views)

Pilot Saves Baby After Being Involved In A Horrible Accident In Lagos. Photos / Nigerian Pilot, Ademilola, Makes History As First African To Fly The World Solo / Young Pilot Who Flew His Mother: "One Of The Best Days Of My Life" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask A Pilot... by naruto02(m): 3:04am On Jul 17, 2016
baddyoosha:
hello guys good works man, Boeing777pilot , olisa4all I have aspired to be a pilot from a tender age, because of financial grounds after secondary school I wasn't able to fulfill it . now I have a bsc in computer science and still want to venture into piloting. my question is where's the best place to study this . I'm thinking of South Africa (naruto02)
I think the best is 43 air school in port Alfred
Followed by Johannesburg school of flight
Then loutzavia. But all these are based on my assumptions
Re: Ask A Pilot... by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 17, 2016
naruto02:

I'm in MBSF too.. Hoping to see you soon

Wow!!! Please help me with some more information. Are you on modular or ab-initio?

How far about their training and instructors?

Are you based in South Africa or you just left for your course?

Thanks!
Re: Ask A Pilot... by okikiosibodu(m): 9:58am On Jul 17, 2016
igwemoagbo:
all dos cds aren't fully downloaded. Yea had same issue years ago until I downloaded on for free online till date I still use those files anytime I change laptops. Just Google torrent sites and sub search for fsx acceleration

The problem is the internet to download 6gb data. "I no get that kind internet connectivity"...any tips for me on how to go about it? (no cafe here either)
Re: Ask A Pilot... by okikiosibodu(m): 9:59am On Jul 17, 2016
jude33084:

Come to Surulere and halla me cool

I stay around Fadeyi and I don't know my way around Lagos. Also, is their any financial implication(s) on my part for getting FSX installed from you?
Re: Ask A Pilot... by Boeing777pilot: 10:53am On Jul 17, 2016
sugah:
Emirates/Qatar/Etihad?

@boeing777pilot

grin I usually don't mention my employer due to certain considerations I can't discuss here but in the past I have dropped some clues.
Re: Ask A Pilot... by jude33084(m): 12:05pm On Jul 17, 2016
okikiosibodu:

I stay around Fadeyi and I don't know my way around Lagos. Also, is their any financial implication(s) on my part for getting FSX installed from you?

I am not into business bro cheesy

All my file s are for free as long as you know how to use them,

Btw Fadeyi is close to my house cool

Surulere an office runs.

Happy Sunday all.

My system just crash today mehnnn angry

1 Like

Re: Ask A Pilot... by okikiosibodu(m): 12:39pm On Jul 17, 2016
jude33084:

I am not into business bro cheesy

All my file s are for free as long as you know how to use them,

Btw Fadeyi is close to my house cool

Surulere an office runs.

Happy Sunday all.

My system just crash today mehnnn angry
Wow!!! What happened to the lappy, mayb I can lend some helping hands. I will pchat you, for us to discuss better
Re: Ask A Pilot... by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 17, 2016
okikiosibodu:

Wow!!! What happened to the lappy, mayb I can lend some helping hands. I will pchat you, for us to discuss better
probably living fs lagos airport contributed to your system crashing out..... That file is heavy and can drag frames
Re: Ask A Pilot... by sugah: 2:21pm On Jul 17, 2016
Boeing777pilot:

grin I usually don't mention my employer due to certain considerations I can't discuss here but in the past I have dropped some clues.
Drop clues then.
Meanwhile, what's your work routine? Are you on married or bachelor schedule?
How much is the type rating for b777? And do you have to do a differential course for the LR to ER
What school did you do your type rating and what was the cost.....borne by you or sponsored by your company?
Re: Ask A Pilot... by okikiosibodu(m): 2:59pm On Jul 17, 2016
igwemoagbo:
probably living fs lagos airport contributed to your system crashing out..... That file is heavy and can drag frames

Brother, you quoted the wrong person. You ought to quote jude33084
Re: Ask A Pilot... by naruto02(m): 4:24pm On Jul 17, 2016
ademolamiowon:

Wow!!! Please help me with some more information. Are you on modular or ab-initio?

How far about their training and instructors?

Are you based in South Africa or you just left for your course?

Thanks!
Ab-initio
Well the school is good, 5, sling 2 aircrafts and 1 piper twin Comanche which is a multi engine.
ive just been here for a month so I can't say stuff about the instructors but 2 guys I stay with switched to another school which I don't know their reasons. My instructor is a nice guy he teaches well but he could do better though
Re: Ask A Pilot... by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 17, 2016
naruto02:

Ab-initio
Well the school is good, 5, sling 2 aircrafts and 1 piper twin Comanche which is a multi engine.
ive just been here for a month so I can't say stuff about the instructors but 2 guys I stay with switched to another school which I don't know their reasons. My instructor is a nice guy he teaches well but he could do better though

Okay great! Well I'm thinking of Madiba bay or 43air school before I pay the requested fees. Although 43air fees is on the high side but my research about the academy confirmed the academy as the best in Southy.
Re: Ask A Pilot... by jude33084(m): 8:40pm On Jul 17, 2016
okikiosibodu:

It is a desktop bro sad

Can you fix it?
Re: Ask A Pilot... by jude33084(m): 8:43pm On Jul 17, 2016
naruto02:

Ab-initio

I envy you guys smiley
Re: Ask A Pilot... by okikiosibodu(m): 12:04am On Jul 18, 2016
jude33084:

It is a desktop bro sad

Can you fix it?

Ouuch. Its not my thing. If it were pc computer, I would have asked you to surf the net querying the exact problem, and seeing People's response to it, and also trying it out. It has saved me a lot of cash. Responses from yahoo or Nairaland goes a long way. When you are searching, just add "nairaland" after your query. I get to see People's response as to the success or failure of the procedure. Its when I have tried all the tricks beneath my sleeve and can't get anything positive result, that I consider going to the enginener. I learnt how to format (not just reload)my OS, partition my storage device (both hard drive and flash) with cmd and device manager, fix faulty storage devices with cmd, etc. Just try your luck. Necessity is the mother of invention/innovation

1 Like

Re: Ask A Pilot... by gamechanger1: 4:59pm On Jul 18, 2016
Boeing777pilot:
Hello fam,

July 12th my baby mama's birthday.

Calm down it's not what you think.

It was Boeing's 100th Birthday.

Every Boeing aircraft was a hit back to back

I can't imagine how aviation would have looked like without Boeing.

I love you baby boo grin

If it aint boeing, i aint going. I dont really have all the technical info, but somehow i think im more of a boeing person; of course airbus is also a great company in the aviation industry. I think my best aircraft is the 777

1 Like

Re: Ask A Pilot... by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 18, 2016
Please guys I will like to know; I know it may be based on company, type of airline or country but please what is the salary range of a pilot per month? I mean a pilot with fresh employment offer..
Re: Ask A Pilot... by kingreign(m): 1:28am On Jul 19, 2016
tongue

1 Like

Re: Ask A Pilot... by naruto02(m): 7:05pm On Jul 19, 2016
ademolamiowon:

Okay great! Well I'm thinking of Madiba bay or 43air school before I pay the requested fees. Although 43air fees is on the high side but my research about the academy confirmed the academy as the best in Southy.
Yeah 43 air school is the best.
Re: Ask A Pilot... by naruto02(m): 7:06pm On Jul 19, 2016
jude33084:

I envy you guys smiley
When are you going to join

1 Like

Re: Ask A Pilot... by naruto02(m): 7:09pm On Jul 19, 2016
kingreign:

tongue
Cockpit of what aircraft is this
Re: Ask A Pilot... by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 19, 2016
naruto02:

that's a Boeing 787 dream liner
Re: Ask A Pilot... by kingreign(m): 8:18pm On Jul 19, 2016
igwemoagbo:
that's a Boeing 787 dream liner

Nah tongue tongue
naruto02:

Gulfstream G650 wink smiley

1 Like

Re: Ask A Pilot... by godsmind7(m): 2:19am On Jul 20, 2016
Hi everyone. Hello pilot is it true that persons with genotype Hb SS are not allowed to b pilots? I have a friend who's dream is to b a pilot but he is a sickler. Though he doesn't look like it. U won't know he is a sickler unless u are told.
Re: Ask A Pilot... by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 20, 2016
naruto02:

Damn*****I missed that part, later saw where the reverse thrust location. And FMC display. New generation Boeing has 10 inch FMC.
Re: Ask A Pilot... by naruto02(m): 6:08pm On Jul 20, 2016
godsmind7:
Hi everyone. Hello pilot is it true that persons with genotype Hb SS are not allowed to b pilots? I have a friend who's dream is to b a pilot but he is a sickler. Though he doesn't look like it. U won't know he is a sickler unless u are told.
Let him go for aviation medical test. If he passes he's good to go

1 Like

Re: Ask A Pilot... by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 21, 2016
ademolamiowon:
Please guys I will like to know; I know it may be based on company, type of airline or country but please what is the salary range of a pilot per month? I mean a pilot with fresh employment offer..

Someone to please help with this question!
Re: Ask A Pilot... by naruto02(m): 12:44pm On Jul 21, 2016
ademolamiowon:

Someone to please help with this question!
For Emirates airline
Captain: Monthly Salary Dhs 42,015 (Basic Salary plus Hourly Flying Pay based on 85 block hours per month).
• First Officer: Monthly Salary Dhs 29,700 (Basic Salary plus Hourly Flying Pay based on 85 block hours per month).

2 Likes

Re: Ask A Pilot... by naruto02(m): 12:44pm On Jul 21, 2016
baddyoosha:
joining you in Jo'burg
I'm not in jo'burg I'm in PE
Re: Ask A Pilot... by sugah: 12:57pm On Jul 21, 2016
ademolamiowon:

If you want to go into aviation, do so cos you have a passion for it not because of the salary. Cos you would be very disappointed to learn that people that work in offices earn more than some pilots.
Naruto02 you are still in flight school and quoting salary for Emirates grin grin... have you ever heard of Emirates hiring a fresh off the boat pilot with less than 300hours?

1 Like

Re: Ask A Pilot... by Olisa4all: 1:45pm On Jul 21, 2016
sugah:

If you want to go into aviation, do so cos you have a passion for it not because of the salary. Cos you would be very disappointed to learn that people that work in offices earn more than some pilots.

Word!!!

sugah:

Naruto02 you are still in flight school and quoting salary for Emirates grin grin... have you ever heard of Emirates hiring a fresh off the boat pilot with less than 300hours?

LMAO

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (32) (Reply)

Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja / Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada / Under Flyover Bridges In Dubai Vs. Under Flyover Bridges In Lagos (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.