Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,485 members, 7,826,834 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) (44241 Views)

Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead / Ada, A Victim Of The Umuahia-Okigwe Road Accident / Black Sunday: Fatal Accident On Umuahia-okigwe Road Leaves Many Dead (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 22, 2016
I hold every able-bodied man inside that bus responsible, as I always do.

Double blame for any able bodied men that was sitting in front with the driver.

Why are Nigerians so comfortable just sitting there while being driven recklessly around the highway?

On another note, I am deathly afraid of trucks on the Nigerian road. They are rolling death merchants.
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by InvertedHammer: 10:47pm On May 22, 2016
/
Of course, it must be Peace Mass Transit.

You will be in a private car doing about 60km/hr because the road is slippery from rainfall.
Guess what flies past you? Peace Mass Transit bus!

The road from Onitsha to Owerri is smooth. Guess who is doing 60km/hr? Peace Mass Transit drivers!
The road from Okigwe to Umuahia is hell on earth. Guess who is doing 100km/hr? Peace Mass Transit drivers!

They drive slow on good roads and turn to James Bond on bad roads.

They are blood-sucking demons.

\

1 Like

Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by Henon: 10:49pm On May 22, 2016
Oswenemete:
you that post this fake promo always may u receive this kind of accident,when people are suber u post fake post
Shut up! Is real, it happened.
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 10:49pm On May 22, 2016
Na dis kind news dey sweet buhari.

He will be like...."See the bodies of the bastards who did not vote for me."

God will judge buhari
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by priscaoge(f): 10:55pm On May 22, 2016
olillywales:

A tragic Sunday as a Peace Mass Transit Bus collided with a yellow truck along the Umuahia-Okigwe Road at about 6.30pm on Sunday, May 22, 2016.

Princewill Atasie, an eye-witness, told www.metronaija.com that due to a heavy rain, the road was slippery and this unfortunate incident happened when the yellow truck was overtaking another vehicle on the road.

“The other lane of the expressway is bad, so commuters are using one side, creating a one-way situation,” Atasie told our reporter on phone. “It appears as if the driver miscalculated as he was overtaking another vehicle which led to the head-on collusion.”

Images from the ghastly motor accident shows that the driver of the Peace Mass Transit bus and many passengers may have died on the spot.

As at the time of reporting this, first responders are yet to arrive at the scene of the accident.

May the souls of the departed, rest in peace.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/05/photos-many-dead-as-buses-collide-along.html

It happened in the morning Op not 6:30,edit Ur post!

May God rest their Souls! What a black day angry
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by jkarmstrong(m): 11:03pm On May 22, 2016
Human being na better erun. Wetin make us pass goat or chicken way we dey kill chop. Real sad. RIP to the dead.
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by Kenechi1: 11:03pm On May 22, 2016
We need a system in Nigeria where people have to pass a driving test before driving cars!
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by ever811(m): 11:04pm On May 22, 2016
may Jehovah grant them mercy
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by Kenechi1: 11:04pm On May 22, 2016
Nairaland should of blurred the peoples bodies because this is way to graphic!
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by Dianaplay(f): 11:04pm On May 22, 2016
God be with them
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 11:06pm On May 22, 2016
R.I.P
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by amdoyin82(m): 11:06pm On May 22, 2016
gbadexy:
RIP to the dead.
This type of accident is inevitable. I witnessed it first hand on my way back from the east yesterday with incidentally peace mass transit.
It's the norm for the vehicles to crossover from a bad stretch of road to opposite side and drive at full speed irrespective of transport company or vehicle type. I experienced it with another transport company I came with.
The vehicles speed opposite each other in a road meant for a certain direction and some still try to overtake vehicles by driving at the exact position an oncoming vehicle is, hoping to completely overtake the vehicle in front before it comes in contact with the oncoming one.
All I see is unnecessary risks.
The government too needs to make the highways safe and motorable.
u have spoken well but I stand to disagree wit u WHR u mentioned govt. Do we av functioning govt in dis country?
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by Fortune2446(m): 11:09pm On May 22, 2016
Imo state government are blood sucker in quote Rochas.
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by Wesify(m): 11:14pm On May 22, 2016
Jesus.... My friend was to board this bus from Enugu to PHC.. But she missed it and boarded the 2nd bus... She is safe and sound now at her destination..

3 Likes

Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by alexis007(m): 11:24pm On May 22, 2016
and I used this same road today...Jehovah I thank you once again for safe journey.

That said, R.I.P. to the deceased.
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by evapointed(f): 11:34pm On May 22, 2016
RIP TO THE DEAD
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by kan12(m): 11:57pm On May 22, 2016
@Op the accident dint happen by 6:30pm.
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by Tonymegabush1(m): 12:10am On May 23, 2016
bad road... bad road... bad road.. I live in umuahia dat express way has two lane but bcus of bad road some part of d road are just cut off.wot drivers do is once dey reach dat side dey divert to d oda Lane... so so so terrible amidst all tru raining Sunday.. RIP to d dead
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by bobsliver: 12:12am On May 23, 2016
so pathetic RIP
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by danielpuff(m): 12:19am On May 23, 2016
Rip to the dead
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by martineverest(m): 12:37am On May 23, 2016
Slymonster:
peace mass and there restless way..don't know how they pick drivers....this is the reason when I travel by road,it's God is good motors because I know fit shout o as there drivers dey conscious about there life,that's the way I am too.Well it's God that protect but atleast we humans have to play a part in it..........
u just nailed it. God is good motors safety is second to none....i board their bus no matter the cost... God is the utmost security, tho
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by ClintonDal(m): 12:58am On May 23, 2016
RIP to the dead. Another reason why I don't stay in front or the first row behind the driver. I and my family are covered by the grace of God, Amen!!

1 Like

Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by lloydmuna2(m): 12:58am On May 23, 2016
God have mercy!! God have mercy ohh
RIP cry
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by Meesquared(m): 1:18am On May 23, 2016
OMG. I feel so shocked. Lord have mercy. Jesus! sober. RIP
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by lastpage: 1:24am On May 23, 2016
gbadexy:
RIP to the dead.
This type of accident is inevitable. I witnessed it first hand on my way back from the east yesterday with incidentally peace mass transit.
It's the norm for the vehicles to crossover from a bad stretch of road to opposite side and drive at full speed irrespective of transport company or vehicle type. I experienced it with another transport company I came with.
The vehicles speed opposite each other in a road meant for a certain direction and some still try to overtake vehicles by driving at the exact position an oncoming vehicle is, hoping to completely overtake the vehicle in front before it comes in contact with the oncoming one.
All I see is unnecessary risks.
The government too needs to make the highways safe and motorable.

from the Report, it appears that the Peace mass transit was on his lane while it was the yellow truch that was trying to overtake another vehicle, thereby facing the Peace Mass T...... and on an already narrowed Road, the "Peace" Bus might not even have anywhere to "dive" to, to avoid the oncoming truck.

Am l wrong?

RIP to the dead but the way we waste innocent souls in this country, it seems life death has become cheaper than SACHET WATER?

Lastpage!
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by guvnor83: 1:43am On May 23, 2016
RIP to d dead
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by gbadexy(m): 2:40am On May 23, 2016
lastpage:

from the Report, it appears that the Peace mass transit was on his lane while it was the yellow truch that was trying to overtake another vehicle, thereby facing the Peace Mass T...... and on an already narrowed Road, the "Peace" Bus might not even have anywhere to "dive" to, to avoid the oncoming truck.

Am l wrong?

RIP to the dead but the way we waste innocent souls in this country, it seems life death has become cheaper than SACHET WATER?

Lastpage!
choosed:

Look at the direction the silver coloured vehicle on the opposite lane is facing.
It's the same direction that peace mass transit faced. Meaning the peace should be on that same lane too.
That's not blame the driver though. It's what most private vehicles and other transport companies do.

1 Like

Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by Dottore: 3:34am On May 23, 2016
Oswenemete:
you that post this fake promo always may u repent and receive Jesus Forgiveness or receive this kind of accident,when people are suber u post fake post

My sister don't be quick to use word of curses on people no matter what. Imagine wishing someone this form of accident because of a post.
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by Dottore: 3:41am On May 23, 2016
martineverest:
u just nailed it. God is good motors safety is second to none....i board their bus no matter the cost... God is the utmost security, tho

Road Safety among other factors has to do with with individual psychological makeup of drivers. I had witnessed a God is Good First class bus torn into shreds in a ghastly motor accident leaving the whole occupants dead. You can also see some of their a record buses in police stations at different locations.
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by pinkyliceous(f): 4:05am On May 23, 2016
The poster of the fake promo acted wrongly but cursing him is worse.

May the souls of the faithful departed rest in perfect peace, amen.

Oswenemete:
you that post this fake promo always may u receive this kind of accident,when people are suber u post fake post
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:17am On May 23, 2016
I DONT KNOW WHY IT IS BAD FOR THE GOVERNMENT TO REPAIR OUR ROADS. SEE WHAT THEY HAVE CAUSED. HAD IT BEEN THE ROADS WERE GOOD THERE WONT BE OPPORTUNITY TO PASS ONE WAY

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Inside Kola Aluko’s Seized Galactica Star Superyacht That Just Sold For ₦15B / Asaba: Vehicles Submerged In Mud Water As Flood Ravages Nnebisi Road (Pictures) / Austin Umweni: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills Popular Pharmacist In Edo (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.