Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,539 members, 7,819,923 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) (44237 Views)

Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead / Ada, A Victim Of The Umuahia-Okigwe Road Accident / Black Sunday: Fatal Accident On Umuahia-okigwe Road Leaves Many Dead (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by joanana(f): 4:26am On May 23, 2016
olimeh13:
Federal Government need to continue construction on that road... That road is a death trap now....
I ply this road from owerri - okigwe - enugu by using peace mass transit, and to be honest to y'all PEACE MASS TRANSIT transport company driver are so careless with there rough drving attitude..

You have said it all. I avoid peace mass transit like a plague. I spent 4 years in nsukka and they are known for reckless driving and carelessness. When you tell the driver to slow down that's when he will increase the speed . I experienced it once and prayed like I have never prayed until I got to my destination and swore never to enter this company's bus again. If its not IFESINACHI ....I NO DEY ENTER OOOO.

God save your children ...this is really painful and tragic. Lord protect your children ...RIP to the dead and Lord console the families ....
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by crackhouse(m): 4:49am On May 23, 2016
I know it's PEACE MASS TRANSIT. they have the most careless drivers in the world. that company sef.
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by Olufemiolaolu(m): 6:00am On May 23, 2016
Too horrific R.I.P 2 d dead.
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 6:14am On May 23, 2016
crackhouse:
I know it's PEACE MASS TRANSIT. they have the most careless drivers in the world. that company sef.
Supported
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 6:17am On May 23, 2016
Love Machine:
Peace mass transit buses are always involved in road accidents.
Their DRIVERS ARE DEMONS.

They have been sent to cause pains to NIGERIANS.
PEACE MASS TRANSIT is a disgrace to humanity.
Went and employed young, able-bodied men, full of life. How can they obey rules.. .?

Each DRIVER can ply Nigerian roads 4 times a day without a nap.
They overtake recklessly.
They are not bothered, because most are Single.
They argue with passengers.
In fact, I am speechless
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by giles14(m): 6:28am On May 23, 2016
olillywales:

A tragic Sunday as a Peace Mass Transit Bus collided with a yellow truck along the Umuahia-Okigwe Road at about 6.30pm on Sunday, May 22, 2016.

Princewill Atasie, an eye-witness, told www.metronaija.com that due to a heavy rain, the road was slippery and this unfortunate incident happened when the yellow truck was overtaking another vehicle on the road.

“The other lane of the expressway is bad, so commuters are using one side, creating a one-way situation,” Atasie told our reporter on phone. “It appears as if the driver miscalculated as he was overtaking another vehicle which led to the head-on collusion.”

Images from the ghastly motor accident shows that the driver of the Peace Mass Transit bus and many passengers may have died on the spot.

As at the time of reporting this, first responders are yet to arrive at the scene of the accident.

May the souls of the departed, rest in peace.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/05/photos-many-dead-as-buses-collide-along.html

dis accident of a ting need to have solution. let d FRSC swing into açtion and arrest dis situation
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by ufotty2001: 6:29am On May 23, 2016
during my nysc it was peace mass that i used through out... i saw hell.. am alive today it is GOD
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by preshik(f): 7:04am On May 23, 2016
so pathetic, may the soul of the departed RIP Amen
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by uche77zero(m): 7:18am On May 23, 2016
Was driving in that rain. Went to the village to pick my mum. The Speed at which the buses were overtaking in that rain was terrible. Unfortunately the peace mass transit buses were the major culprits. The peace mass transit must be made to caution their drivers on their speed. Before they kill us finish.

1 Like

Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by buksaylor001: 7:37am On May 23, 2016
And yet Road Safety With their funny cap will come and tell us it's tyre- ineffectual buffoons and fantastically inept commission !
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by buksaylor001: 7:40am On May 23, 2016
This is pathetic ,May their souls RIP.#BOYCOTPeaceMassTransit#
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by nikz(f): 7:48am On May 23, 2016
Pathetic indeed! They never thot it will end this way! We need to make our ways right with God always. RIP to d dead gush I feel for them such a painful way of dying.
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by dominion001(m): 8:06am On May 23, 2016
Repair south east roads bubu no gree.
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by Saraha1(f): 8:18am On May 23, 2016
Honestly speaking the management of peace mass transit need to lecture their drivers.
During my service year some years back, I regreted boarding the bus.
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by ogawisdom(m): 8:21am On May 23, 2016
Heavy rain which caused poor visibility is d cause shocked

Rip
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by Sammyblaq(m): 8:37am On May 23, 2016
Cheiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! This is tragic. The bus is either travelling from Aba/Umuahia or to. Okigweeee express... Them don award dat road tire. One way bad o. JESU! Share to friends biko...
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by magicfingers009: 8:39am On May 23, 2016
This news scared me. I ply that route at least every two weeks with Peace Mass Transit. The drivers do not speed because they have speed limiters installed in their vehicles.

With what I've seen, I don't think I'll travel again in the next one month
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by felix000000(m): 9:04am On May 23, 2016
May their souls rest in peace. Just too sad.
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by mamaa88(f): 9:12am On May 23, 2016
What a loss RIP,may God give the family heart to bear the loss.
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by talk2dmc(m): 9:14am On May 23, 2016
Dangote and. Peace are now counting scores on he life innocent people. R.I.P to the dead .
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by okooloyun1(m): 9:41am On May 23, 2016
May their soul RIP
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by SeyiAyorinde(m): 9:42am On May 23, 2016
Blood of Jesus.......RIP
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by squarelead(m): 9:44am On May 23, 2016
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by squarelead(m): 9:46am On May 23, 2016
Bad roads or no bad roads, our drivers should take thier path and avoid one way it's very risky. It's better to be late than to be late. And are you still complaining about the economic situation of this country, Y not thank God for the gift of life. May the soul of the departed rest in peace. Heaven and hell still real. If you miss one, you can't miss the other.
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by okeyfrank: 10:05am On May 23, 2016
This is so unfortunate and I guest hinges on the impatience of our drivers on our roads, as well as over-speeding, even on wet roads. Plying on the wrong way should strictly be condemned. But the use of seat belts would have saved the passengers at the back seats. God will help us. RIP.
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by Reyus: 10:43am On May 23, 2016
There are lots of Road accidents every day in Nigerian roads.
But the road safety and Nigerian federal and state govt do not care about :
1. the condition of these roads, road marks and other traffic signs.
2. the condition of vehicles on these roads.
3. the mental condition of the drivers on these roads.
4. the over-speeding of faulty vehicles on these bad roads.

https://twitter.com/FRSCNigeria?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by adetunjibolatit(f): 11:31am On May 23, 2016
GOD HAVE MERCY ON US IN NIGERIA. MAY THE SOUL OF DEPARTED ONES REST IN PEACE[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by emenem: 11:47am On May 23, 2016
Peace Mass Transit... always in such ghastly accident. My der soul rest in peace.
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by SucreB: 12:02pm On May 23, 2016
Lord have Mercy!....this is too tragic. May the souls of the departed Rest In Peace.
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by blaQie(m): 12:38pm On May 23, 2016
What are your plans for eternity No one knows the hour!
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by swiffy(f): 1:13pm On May 23, 2016
U guys shuld Stop blaming peace Mass, d accident was caused by d yellow truck overtaking another vehicle. pls let's endeavour 2 read well b4 commenting. RIP 2 d dead n speedy recovery 2 d injured IJN
Re: Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) by Aura2(f): 4:09pm On May 23, 2016
simple seat belts would have saved from the second to the last row, the inertia was so much that they flew out of the window?
Damn!! this is grose!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) / Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics / Couple Die While Returning Home From Their Wedding (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.