Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,690 members, 7,809,606 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

Can A Muslim Do This? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Can A Muslim Do This? (1676 Views)

Is It A Must For A Muslim Wife To Wear Wedding Ring? / Can A Muslim Brother Approach A Muslim Lady During The Ramadan Fasting / Seeking A Muslim Solution To Islamist Terrorism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Muslim Do This? by adebayo3449(m): 10:35pm On May 22, 2016
SLM brothers and sisters
Pls can a muslim who do customise things customise it for other religion purpose and get paid.hope it is not an act of promoting it for them.
For example a muslim who does wristbands.can he do it for churches and get paid.same goes to banner,sticker etc.please i need the answer urgently as i need to tell those pple weda i will do it or not
Re: Can A Muslim Do This? by firstolalekan(m): 10:58pm On May 22, 2016
adebayo3449:
SLM brothers and sisters
Pls can a muslim who do customise things customise it for other religion purpose and get paid.hope it is not an act of promoting it for them.
For example a muslim who does wristbands.can he do it for churches and get paid.same goes to banner,sticker etc.please i need the answer urgently as i need to tell those pple weda i will do it or not
Why not?
As long as you're not doing it for evil purposes...
It's what puts food on your table.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Muslim Do This? by fistonati(m): 11:21pm On May 22, 2016
Weren't you trained for the job? At least your boss must have done the job for different people and that's expected to give you an insight to who's your targeted customer.

Something's doesn't even need asking

1 Like

Re: Can A Muslim Do This? by adebayo3449(m): 6:43am On May 23, 2016
firstolalekan:

Why not?
ok tnx so much
Pls any body with another opinion as i dont want to regret

1 Like

Re: Can A Muslim Do This? by adebayo3449(m): 6:44am On May 23, 2016
fistonati:
Weren't you trained for the job? At least your boss must have done the job for different people and that's expected to give you an insight to who's your targeted customer.

Boss is not a muslim
Re: Can A Muslim Do This? by adebayo3449(m): 7:10pm On May 23, 2016
Help pls
Re: Can A Muslim Do This? by Rzq4: 4:55pm On May 26, 2016
its like raising birds for Xmas as a Muslim farmer or sewing Christmas clothes

1 Like

Re: Can A Muslim Do This? by Rzq4: 4:57pm On May 26, 2016
its like raising birds for Xmas as a Muslim farmer or sewing Christmas clothes
Re: Can A Muslim Do This? by adebayo3449(m): 6:27pm On May 27, 2016
Rzq4:
its like raising birds for Xmas as a Muslim farmer or
sewing Christmas clothes
Which means i should abstain from it.
Tnx
Re: Can A Muslim Do This? by Rzq4: 7:50pm On May 27, 2016
adebayo3449:

Which mean[quote author=adebayo3449 post=46027710]
Which means i should abstain from it.
Tnx
[quote author=adebayo3449 post=46027710]
Which mean

no, I mean u can. I'm a farmer and I haven't heard any fatwa against raising birds for Xmas market
Re: Can A Muslim Do This? by adebayo3449(m): 7:35am On May 28, 2016
[quote author=Rzq4 post=46030097][/quote]
Thanks sir.Am only afraid
I have lose contracts cause of this.
But i dont want to make mistake and start regretting leta
Re: Can A Muslim Do This? by Nobody: 5:11am On Jun 03, 2016
It is halal
Re: Can A Muslim Do This? by Midecuc(m): 9:01am On Jun 04, 2016
If a farmer can raise bird or harvest crops and sell for everybody , Muslim and non Muslim. If a mechanic, technician, bricklayers pure water sellers etc, can do their job or provide services for everybody in this word then I see no reason why you can't do your job and earn your money for a living . The Saudi Arabia and the rest of Muslim nations sell their oil to all countries that want it including America. Pls and pls when it comes to Religion, don't allow any body or group to deceive you , your pasonal relationship with ALLAH( SWT) and your comitment to ISLAM and your good behavior to mankind and other creatures of ALLAH . People that join religion with business too much always have issues. SEEK KNOWLEDGE ABOUT ISLAM.

1 Like

Re: Can A Muslim Do This? by adebayo3449(m): 6:29pm On Jun 04, 2016
Midecuc:
If a farmer can raise bird or harvest crops and sell for everybody , Muslim and non Muslim. If a mechanic, technician, bricklayers pure water sellers etc, can do their job or provide services for everybody in this word then I see no reason why you can't do your job and earn your money for a living . The Saudi Arabia and the rest of Muslim nations sell their oil to all countries that want it including America. Pls and pls when it comes to Religion, don't allow any body or group to deceive you , your pasonal relationship with ALLAH( SWT) and your comitment to ISLAM and your good behavior to mankind and other creatures of ALLAH . People that join religion with business too much always have issues. SEEK KNOWLEDGE ABOUT ISLAM.
May Allah reward u abundantly
Re: Can A Muslim Do This? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jun 08, 2016
adebayo3449:
SLM brothers and sisters

Midecuc:

All the examples mentioned are not in goods used exclusively for wrongdoing, ie for religious or evangelism purposes like the banners, stickers etc which the op is asking about. In this case, you are helping them to deceive your Muslim brothers to Christianity.

@op, even if it is not helping them to convert Muslims to Christianity, the guiding rule for every Muslim should be the following hadith of the prophet (ﷺ)...

"Leave that thing which you are doubtful of, for that which you have no doubt about".

For similar questions, you might want to see these...

https://islamqa.info/en/105325

https://islamqa.info/en/36524

Allah knows best.

1 Like

Re: Can A Muslim Do This? by Bimpe29: 11:57am On Jun 09, 2016
To be precise, you can do it. It is not in any way sinful or harmful. Islam is simply peaceful.
Re: Can A Muslim Do This? by Antina(f): 10:29pm On Jun 10, 2016
I don't see the reason u shouldn't do a flyer, banner, wrist band etc for christian folks, let look at it this way, have you ever thought why Allah (S.W.T) accept the marriage between a Muslim and other "alu-l-kitab"? Though the knowledge of Islam surpasses "thinking that this is how it should be" but what Allah "S.W.T." Commanded us to do.
To my own little knowledge, Islam does not support total ignore of the people of other religion.
I stand to be corrected. Allah A'alam.
Re: Can A Muslim Do This? by Aadeoti31(m): 6:23pm On Jun 11, 2016
Plz People Dat Are Passing Fatwa In Dis Site Make Sure U Say Wat U Hv A Sound Knowledge Abt Bcus If U Mislead People Out Of Ignorant It Is A Gread Sin, U Are Jst Answering Dis Question Without Ur Delil (proof). Plz Answer Questions With Proof 4rm D Quran Nd D Sunnah Of D Prophet.
Re: Can A Muslim Do This? by adebayo3449(m): 7:43pm On Jun 12, 2016
Aadeoti31:
Plz People Dat Are Passing Fatwa In Dis Site Make Sure U Say Wat U Hv A Sound Knowledge Abt Bcus If U Mislead People Out Of Ignorant It Is A Gread Sin, U Are Jst Answering Dis Question Without Ur Delil (proof). Plz Answer Questions With Proof 4rm D Quran Nd D Sunnah Of D Prophet.
Re: Can A Muslim Do This? by Newnas(m): 9:27am On Jun 17, 2016
Aadeoti31:
Why why why!!!
WHYYYYY??!!!!

why do these people talk out of ignorance. Can't they shut their mouth that they may be saved?!

This is just too saddening, when a doctor is talking everyone keeps shut.
when an engineer is talking everyone keeps shut.
when a carpenter, tailor etc is talking everyone keeps shut.
Why is it the religion of Allah that everyone thinks he has a right to let loose his/her hideous tongue to be giving verdicts.

This act is very horrible, and the ones who have committed it should repent to Allah and seek His forgiveness.
Imam Ibnul Qoyyim wrote a book warning those who give verdicts and reminding them that they are acting as signatories for Allah.

It's very bad to see a person who doesn't even have an equivalent of primary school cert in Islamic knowledge giving verdicts about permissible matters and prohibited ones. Don't they know the implication of this horrible act.

Surah Al-Hajj, Verse 8-9:
وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ

And among men is he who disputes about Allah, without knowledge or guidance, or a Book giving light (from Allah),

ثَانِيَ عِطْفِهِ لِيُضِلَّ عَن سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ لَهُ فِي الدُّنْيَا خِزْيٌ وَنُذِيقُهُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ عَذَابَ الْحَرِيقِ

Bending his neck in pride (far astray from the Path of Allah), and leading (others) too (far) astray from the Path of Allah. For him there is disgrace in this worldly life, and on the Day of Resurrection We shall make him taste the torment of burning (Fire).
(English - Mohsin Khan)

Surah An-Nahl, Verse 116:
وَلَا تَقُولُوا لِمَا تَصِفُ أَلْسِنَتُكُمُ الْكَذِبَ هَٰذَا حَلَالٌ وَهَٰذَا حَرَامٌ لِّتَفْتَرُوا عَلَى اللَّهِ الْكَذِبَ إِنَّ الَّذِينَ يَفْتَرُونَ عَلَى اللَّهِ الْكَذِبَ لَا يُفْلِحُونَ

And say not concerning that which your tongues put forth falsely: "This is lawful and this is forbidden," so as to invent lies against Allah. Verily, those who invent lies against Allah will never prosper.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

via iQuran
Re: Can A Muslim Do This? by Feanah(f): 7:24pm On Jun 20, 2016
I'd rather you ask someone with deep knowledge about this.And you know what has been said about something that you don't know whether it's halal or haram,it's better to leave it.
I'll advice you to leave this until you know whether it's halal,thou it doesn't sound like it is to me
Re: Can A Muslim Do This? by adebayo3449(m): 3:04am On Jul 16, 2016
Feanah:
I'd rather you ask someone with deep knowledge about this.And you know what has been said about something that you don't know whether it's halal or haram,it's better to leave it.
I'll advice you to leave this until you know whether it's halal,thou it doesn't sound like it is to me
I av decided to for get about it since am in doubt
Re: Can A Muslim Do This? by Nobody: 3:26am On Jul 16, 2016
adebayo3449:
SLM brothers and sisters

No it is not permissible because it is helping and encouraging people to sin and commit shirk.

I was able to get a similar fatwa.

https://islamqa.info/en/36524
Re: Can A Muslim Do This? by Nobody: 5:06am On Jul 16, 2016
firstolalekan:

Why not?
fistonati:
Midecuc:
Bimpe29:
To be precise, you can do it. It is not in any way sinful or harmful. Islam is simply peaceful.
Antina:
I don't see the reason u shouldn't do a flyer, banner, wrist band etc for christian folks, let look at it this way, have you ever thought why Allah (S.W.T) accept the marriage between a Muslim and other "alu-l-kitab"? Though the knowledge of Islam surpasses "thinking that this is how it should be" but what Allah "S.W.T." Commanded us to do.
To my own little knowledge, Islam does not support total ignore of the people of other religion.
I stand to be corrected. Allah A'alam.

Brothers and sisters, pls and pls, dont just give verdicts out of "common sense" islam dont work that way, you dont speak on issue you have no knowledge about, i appeal to you, this is the religion of Allah, when you not sure, its better to say Allah and his messenger Knows best.

adebayo3449:
SLM brothers and sisters

This particular job(i.e producing wristbands and the likes for churches) is not permissible because, they are using it for evangelical purposes, doing it will mean, you are helping them sin more.

“Help you one another in Al‑Birr and At‑Taqwa (virtue, righteousness and piety); but do not help one another in sin and transgression. And fear Allaah. Verily, Allaah is Severe in punishment”{al-Maa’idah 5:2}

Muslims are asked to enjoin what is good and forbid what is bad.

“You (true believers in Islamic Monotheism, and real followers of Prophet Muhammad and his Sunnah) are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind; you enjoin Al-Ma‘roof (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam has ordained) and forbid Al-Munkar (polytheism, disbelief and all that Islam has forbidden), and you believe in Allaah” {Al ‘Imraan 3:110}

And Allah knows best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Muslim Do This? by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 16, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Brothers and sisters, pls and pls, dont just give verdicts out of "common sense" islam dont work that way, you dont speak on issue you have no knowledge about, i appeal to you, this is the religion of Allah, when you not sure, its better to say Allah and his messenger Knows best.

This particular job(i.e producing wristbands and the likes for churches) is not permissible because, they are using it for evangelical purposes, doing it will mean, you are helping them sin more.

“Help you one another in Al‑Birr and At‑Taqwa (virtue, righteousness and piety); but do not help one another in sin and transgression. And fear Allaah. Verily, Allaah is Severe in punishment”{al-Maa’idah 5:2}

Muslims are asked to enjoin what is good and forbid what is bad.

“You (true believers in Islamic Monotheism, and real followers of Prophet Muhammad and his Sunnah) are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind; you enjoin Al-Ma‘roof (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam has ordained) and forbid Al-Munkar (polytheism, disbelief and all that Islam has forbidden), and you believe in Allaah” {Al ‘Imraan 3:110}

And Allah knows best.

I learnt that Allah knows best is the most appropriate as the prophet (peace and blessing be upon him ) is dead and unaware of current situations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Muslim Do This? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 16, 2016
Contact17:

I learnt that Allah knows best is the most appropriate as the prophet (peace and blessing be upon him ) is dead and unaware of current situations.

Na'am its safer to say Allaah knows best due to the fact that the sahabas never said the former after his death(as far as i know) However, some scholars allowed saying “Allaah and His Messenger know best” after his death (sallallaahu alayhe wa sallam), like Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have Mercy on him) and some of the explainers of Kitaab at-Tawheed, relying on a passage from the Nooniyyah of Ibn al-Qayyim:

والله أعلم بالمراد بقوله — ورسوله المبعوث بالفرقان

“And Allaah knows best about the intending meaning of his words, and His Messenger, the one sent with the Furqaan (the Qur’aan).”

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen mentioned that this may only be said in issues related to the knowledge given to Him from Allaah, not things specific to the unseen that only Allaah knows. Like: Is it going to rain? Only Allaah knows. And: What is the ruling on fasting on the ‘Eed days? Allaah and His Messenger know best.

But jazakillah for the observation, i really admire your knowledge of islam.

and Allaah knows best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Muslim Do This? by Feanah(f): 2:51pm On Jul 16, 2016
adebayo3449:

I av decided to for get about it since am in doubt
Great smiley may Allah replace it with that which is better for you

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Crippled Man Crawls Daily To The Mosque For Past 65 Years / Can Muslims Celebrate Christmas / Critical Review Of Usermane's Topics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.