Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,334 members, 7,850,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:24 PM

What Is All This Talk Of Buhari Inheriting An Empty Treasury? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is All This Talk Of Buhari Inheriting An Empty Treasury? (1349 Views)

Buhari's Achievements Laudable Despite Inheriting An Empty Purse - Lai Mohammed / Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury / Buhari Met 30 Billion Dollars Not Empty Treasury-obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is All This Talk Of Buhari Inheriting An Empty Treasury? by VulgarVulvas: 8:08am On May 23, 2016
Jonathan left well over $30bn naira in our treasury.

$29bn in gross external revenue plus over $2bn in LNG accounts (the later Buhari squandered on bailouts which was just an avenue to compensate thieving governors and Tinubu who contributed to his electoral campaign)

If you doubt this then go to CBN website and see our external reserves as at 28th May, 2015.

https://www.cbn.gov.ng/IntOps/Reserve.asp?MoveDate=5/23/2016%2012:02:03%20AM

1 Share

Re: What Is All This Talk Of Buhari Inheriting An Empty Treasury? by VocalWalls: 8:10am On May 23, 2016
wow! those sure don't look empty

1 Like

Re: What Is All This Talk Of Buhari Inheriting An Empty Treasury? by EasternActivist: 8:14am On May 23, 2016
Op, well done...

I believe nairaland won't be a victim of ignorance anymore...

2 Likes

Re: What Is All This Talk Of Buhari Inheriting An Empty Treasury? by fctguy: 8:17am On May 23, 2016
This is my bone with this govt, they lie so much and make so much noise about their lies angry
They deceive and manipulate us against their rivals, what a shame! And one azzhole will tell me there is a pastor among them angry

5 Likes

Re: What Is All This Talk Of Buhari Inheriting An Empty Treasury? by Abeymills(m): 8:18am On May 23, 2016
Simple English empty means there is nothing but as u can c urslf from d diagram above open ya eye well or borrow glasses ie zombies check b4 ur Mr integrity Mr fantastically corrupt president begin yan trash say him meet empty treasury yeye govt

4 Likes

Re: What Is All This Talk Of Buhari Inheriting An Empty Treasury? by VulgarVulvas: 8:18am On May 23, 2016
Today our external reserves has dropped to $26bn

This is despite the fact that buhari is not selling forex to the private sector neither has he commissioned or done any meaningful project.

So how come in one year we have a drop of $3bn?

Re: What Is All This Talk Of Buhari Inheriting An Empty Treasury? by eyeview: 8:32am On May 23, 2016
It was a ploy by Buhari and the APC to fool their zombies(creatures devoid of indpendent reasoning) into believeing that there was no money so that they can fleece it quietly from behind.
Their sing-song in 2015 was 'I met an empty treaury'. Even Rochas that handed over to himself in 2015 was also shouting 'I met an empty treasury'. Yet billions are constantly 'moving abroad'

2 Likes

Re: What Is All This Talk Of Buhari Inheriting An Empty Treasury? by VulgarVulvas: 8:36am On May 23, 2016
eyeview:
It was a ploy by Buhari and the APC to fool their zombies(creatures devoid of indpendent reasoning) into believeing that there was no money so that they can fleece it quietly from behind.
Their sing-song in 2015 was 'I met an empty treaury'. Even Rochas that handed over to himself in 2015 was also shouting 'I met an empty treasury'. Yet billions are constantly 'moving abroad'

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3748392_screen20160523081645_png66067803851c02df8a53dcc5f4c96c7a

As you can see over $100million was withdrawn on Friday 19th May, 2016.

Wetin dem use the money do?

I guess Buhari is paying himself $100million monthly because CBN does not sell forex on Fridays but at the beginning of the week.

Thieves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is All This Talk Of Buhari Inheriting An Empty Treasury? by Flexherbal(m): 8:36am On May 23, 2016
That does not look empty to me.

1 Like

Re: What Is All This Talk Of Buhari Inheriting An Empty Treasury? by Integrityfarms(m): 8:37am On May 23, 2016
Zombies can never thin through because their brain is replaced with the combo of tuwo and ewedu!

2 Likes

Re: What Is All This Talk Of Buhari Inheriting An Empty Treasury? by guyANDROID1: 9:05am On May 23, 2016
Hmm!

1 Like

Re: What Is All This Talk Of Buhari Inheriting An Empty Treasury? by 989900B: 9:52am On May 23, 2016
Your foreign reserves is not part of your 'funding/spending treasury'.

1 Like

Re: What Is All This Talk Of Buhari Inheriting An Empty Treasury? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:05am On May 23, 2016
You're a liar. Buhari never said he met an empty treasury, but a virtually empty one. U no sabi English ni?

1 Like

Re: What Is All This Talk Of Buhari Inheriting An Empty Treasury? by VulgarVulvas: 10:07am On May 23, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
You're a liar. Buhari never said he met an empty treasury, but a virtually empty one. U no sabi English ni?

So $30bn is virtually empty abi?
Re: What Is All This Talk Of Buhari Inheriting An Empty Treasury? by VulgarVulvas: 10:10am On May 23, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

Your lies ends today.

1 Like

Re: What Is All This Talk Of Buhari Inheriting An Empty Treasury? by ERONX(m): 10:14am On May 23, 2016
Choi

1 Like

Re: What Is All This Talk Of Buhari Inheriting An Empty Treasury? by trillville(m): 10:18am On May 23, 2016
Vulgarvulvas and all other wailers, please get this into your heads. 30 billion dollars is next to nothing in an economy the size of nigeria's. This amount can only support 6 months of spending.

Venezuela has over 50 billion dollars at present, yet it suffers hyperinflation and Venezuelansalready line up for essential commodities.
Re: What Is All This Talk Of Buhari Inheriting An Empty Treasury? by VulgarVulvas: 10:24am On May 23, 2016
trillville:
Vulgarvulvas and all other wailers, please get this into your heads. 30 billion dollars is next to nothing in an economy the size of nigeria's. This amount can only support 6 months of spending.

Venezuela has over 50 billion dollars at present, yet it suffers hyperinflation and Venezuelansalready line up for essential commodities.

So $30bn is fantastically and technically an empty treasury?

I laff.

How much did IBB meet after kicking out the dullard in 1985?

1 Like

Re: What Is All This Talk Of Buhari Inheriting An Empty Treasury? by ahaika23: 10:31am On May 23, 2016
So 30 billion dollars is empty treasury huh? SOmething that can sustain a country for over 1 year. A country that is still very productive where they rape the south daily of crude in billions of dollars huh? Zombie or whatever they call you better to to TB Joshua.
trillville:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is All This Talk Of Buhari Inheriting An Empty Treasury? by trillville(m): 10:31am On May 23, 2016
VulgarVulvas:

So $30bn is fantastically and technically an empty treasury?

I laff.
Yes it is.

Saudi Arabia had about 800 billion dollars at the start of this crisis, yet it has increased the price of fuel, reduced other government subsidies, and plans to sell shares of Aramco to raise funds to aid it diversify its economy.

If I spend 1 million naira a day and have only 500 hundred thousand naira left in my bank account, I am effectively broke and my personal treasury is empty.

The size of the economy has grown massively since IBB's days.
Re: What Is All This Talk Of Buhari Inheriting An Empty Treasury? by VulgarVulvas: 10:36am On May 23, 2016
Now l compare our Foreign reserves from January 1st, 1983 to January 1st 1985.

As you all can clearly see Nigeria's foreign reserves where at it recorded lowest during t despotic reign of Buhari military junta.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/nigeria/foreign-exchange-reserves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is All This Talk Of Buhari Inheriting An Empty Treasury? by Nobody: 10:42am On May 23, 2016
Tales by moonlight. Is that why u are unleashing this hardship on d masses? Do something about the empty treasury and stop complaining. *back to sleep*
Re: What Is All This Talk Of Buhari Inheriting An Empty Treasury? by VulgarVulvas: 10:42am On May 23, 2016
Here is a better chart that depicts the massive looting within the month of buhari ceasing power on 31st December, 1983 to January 31st 1984

You can all see how saint buhari plundered our foreign reserves in just one month after overthrowing Shagari

The man is a thief and hypocrite

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is All This Talk Of Buhari Inheriting An Empty Treasury? by chernest2002: 10:44am On May 23, 2016
How much did obj met ?and yet he did his best without making noise.

2 Likes

Re: What Is All This Talk Of Buhari Inheriting An Empty Treasury? by VulgarVulvas: 10:47am On May 23, 2016
trillville:

The size of the economy has grown massively since IBB's days.

So now you agree our economy rebasement was accurate.

Explain this chart

This is how your hypocrite Buhari virtually emptied our treasury within one month of ceasing power
Re: What Is All This Talk Of Buhari Inheriting An Empty Treasury? by OLADD: 10:53am On May 23, 2016
VulgarVulvas:
Jonathan left well over $30bn naira in our treasury.

$29bn in gross external revenue plus over $2bn in LNG accounts (the later Buhari squandered on bailouts which was just an avenue to compensate thieving governors and Tinubu who contributed to his electoral campaign)

If you doubt this then go to CBN website and see our external reserves as at 28th May, 2015.

https://www.cbn.gov.ng/IntOps/Reserve.asp?MoveDate=5/23/2016%2012:02:03%20AM

The rethoric of "empty treasury" was crafted by Buhari and APC just to deceive the world as usual. Deep down in their inner minds, they know it was all lies.

1 Like

Re: What Is All This Talk Of Buhari Inheriting An Empty Treasury? by trillville(m): 10:57am On May 23, 2016
VulgarVulvas:

So now you agree our economy rebasement was accurate.

Explain this chart

This is how your hypocrite Buhari virtually emptied our treasury within one month of ceasing power

So many factors could have led to the fall in our reserves in 83.

If this thread was about highlighting Buhari's failures without making Jonathan look good, I would not have commented.

Jonathan was a complete failure and buhari is also becoming a failure.

It is not Buhari's fault that he met an empty treasury, but he needs to face the challenge and make tough decisions to enable the country to move forward.
Re: What Is All This Talk Of Buhari Inheriting An Empty Treasury? by VulgarVulvas: 10:59am On May 23, 2016
trillville:

So many factors could have led to the fall in our reserves in 83.

If this thread was about highlighting Buhari's failures without making Jonathan look good, I would not have commented.

Jonathan was a complete failure and buhari is also becoming a failure.

It is not Buhari's fault that he met an empty treasury, but he needs to face the challenge and make tough decisions to enable the country to move forward.

So there were factors that led to our foreign reserves depleting by over 80% one month into Buhari's military junta?

Keep blaming Jonatjan
Re: What Is All This Talk Of Buhari Inheriting An Empty Treasury? by millhouse: 11:02am On May 23, 2016
Hia
Re: What Is All This Talk Of Buhari Inheriting An Empty Treasury? by okezed: 11:25am On May 23, 2016
the way he is withdrawing the money he never laboured for is shameful and absurd . let him better share it to all Nigerians ( stop giving governors mine) before it's too late
Re: What Is All This Talk Of Buhari Inheriting An Empty Treasury? by fitzmayowa: 11:29am On May 23, 2016
Oya APC e-warriors over to you...

1 Like

Re: What Is All This Talk Of Buhari Inheriting An Empty Treasury? by fitzmayowa: 11:31am On May 23, 2016
Flexherbal:
That does not look empty to me.

I tire ooo, maybe empty has another definition in APC and PMB's books...

The lies are just too much, they claim nigeria is broke according to our masquerade merchant minister and our C in C is spending 3.9billion on aso rock maintenance...SMH

lalasticlala na front page material be this ooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Metuh: Family Ready To Refund N400m / Abia Political Saga:-if I Were Uche Oga / What Say Baba Told Niger Delta Avengers And Biafra People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.