Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,263 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (579415 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 1:35pm On Mar 31, 2018
If you don't want to die of frustration, Don't buy the ntel WAWU sim. Right now, I'm regretting why I bought it. Ntel is very deceptive.

So, basically you are given two sims, one with 1gb data, and another with 10gb. You pay 1K for it all. The one with 1gb has 48hrs validity, after which it self-destructs. The one with 10gb is the one you are to keep.
But what they don't tell you is that, after using 5 out of the 10gb, they start throttling you. You can hardly get up to 100KB/s from then on. But the 1K you pay is actually loaded as airtime for you, so you can subscribe for the 1k/2gb plan, which gives you 12gb instead since the WAWU sim gives 500% bonus on every data plan.

So, after managing to exhaust the 10gb, I decided to use the 1k airtime to subscribe for the 12gb plan, but to my surprise, i've been throttled since yesterday, and it's very frustrating.

3 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 1:38pm On Mar 31, 2018
If any one here knows an effective workaround to bypass speed throttling, please share.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by pyrex23(m): 4:15pm On Mar 31, 2018
biko Airtel 4g never reach lagos..? Ntel don taya me abeg..
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Sommyroy10: 4:52pm On Mar 31, 2018
jesbu:

My location is Satellite town lagos
what app is at the background?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by CirocBoi(m): 6:01pm On Mar 31, 2018
Darksider131:
Smile unlimited premium worth it?

Please someone should do some review on this

Dont forget to mention me

Don't try it, i did this plan yesterday 2k unlimited(1day) till the plan expired today the max speed i got is 66kb per sec i couldnt download up to 250mb..... Was so frustrating

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Controller360: 7:36pm On Mar 31, 2018
Abeg... If you have a current working sub on ntel and you subscribe for a night plan, would browsing at night deduct from the night plan or the current sub?(as in from 10pm-6am).
Anyone
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Mar 31, 2018
pyrex23:
biko Airtel 4g never reach lagos..?
Ntel don taya me abeg..
Which part of Lagos are you? I do get full bar from idowu martins in VI down to ajah-badore axis, Go and swap your sim to their 4g sim if you haven't done that. You receive 4gb free after swapping.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by pyrex23(m): 9:18pm On Mar 31, 2018
xule20:

Which part of Lagos are you? I do get full bar from idowu martins in VI down to ajah-badore axis, Go and swap your sim to their 4g sim if you haven't done that. You receive 4gb free after swapping.

Lost my former sim gonna get a new one..
I stay around ikotun/ile-iwe

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by jesbu(m): 9:39pm On Mar 31, 2018
Sommyroy10:
what app is at the background?
Fake GPS to tunnel my phone to usa
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Sommyroy10: 3:59am On Apr 01, 2018
jesbu:

Fake GPS to tunnel my phone to usa
Nope, not that, I meant the one you used for the movie
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by rawdpiper(m): 4:37am On Apr 01, 2018
Sommyroy10:

That's ADM. It's the IDM version of Android phones.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by jesbu(m): 8:01am On Apr 01, 2018
Sommyroy10:
ADM Pro and Movie hd. look at the blue arrow on the screen shot

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Sommyroy10: 10:43am On Apr 01, 2018
rawdpiper:

That's ADM. It's the IDM version of Android phones.
Thanks.I got that, but u was talking about the movie hd app.

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Sommyroy10: 10:44am On Apr 01, 2018
jesbu:

ADM Pro and Movie hd. look at the blue arrow on the screen shot
Thanks. I was looking for an alternative to terrarium tv app. Would try this
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Controller360: 10:59am On Apr 01, 2018
Controller360:
Abeg... If you have a current working sub on ntel and you subscribe for a night plan, would browsing at night deduct from the night plan or the current sub?(as in from 10pm-6am).
Anyone
Anyone
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by rawdpiper(m): 12:31pm On Apr 01, 2018
jesbu:

My location is Satellite town lagos

What download speeds do you usually get during day time?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Godisgud86: 12:53pm On Apr 01, 2018
I have unlocked spectranet Mifi Forsale. 12k

Contact on my signature call or WhatsApp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by jesbu(m): 2:25pm On Apr 01, 2018
rawdpiper:

What download speeds do you usually get during day time?

5.75 just now am using my phone as hotspot

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by jesbu(m): 2:28pm On Apr 01, 2018
Sommyroy10:
Thanks. I was looking for an alternative to terrarium tv app. Would try this
that's the only app I use for movies
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 01, 2018
Guys Please why does this Mifi consume data compared to using a mobile phone. Am afraid i bought fake tho, am using the E5573cs which doesn't support glo4g( dont know why).
And also which network do you use on your Mifi. Just Imagaine using 1gig in 30minutes and am not browsing heavily.
Please help me, Data fees are Expensive these days.
Happy Easter
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Darksider131: 4:40pm On Apr 01, 2018
jesbu:

which app are you using to download torrent on phone
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by rawdpiper(m): 5:07pm On Apr 01, 2018
jesbu:

Sweet! You inserted the Sim in your phone and it got a signal?! Tried it before, it didn't work.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by jesbu(m): 5:30pm On Apr 01, 2018
Darksider131:
which app are you using to download torrent on phone

I don't download from any torrent site.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by jesbu(m): 5:31pm On Apr 01, 2018
rawdpiper:

Sweet! You inserted the Sim in your phone and it got a signal?! Tried it before, it didn't work.
I thing it's only working on Huawei phones only.there's a technology on Huawei phones that's not on other phones.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Darksider131: 6:03pm On Apr 01, 2018
jesbu:

I don't download from any torrent site.
ok, which site are you doing that movie from
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by rawdpiper(m): 8:19pm On Apr 01, 2018
jesbu:

I thing it's only working on Huawei phones only.there's a technology on Huawei phones that's not on other phones.

Ok
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by rawdpiper(m): 8:21pm On Apr 01, 2018
Darksider131:
ok, which site are you doing that movie from

It's an app. You can stream movies and TV series as well as download them. We Showbox, Terrarium TV, Movies HAD(the one jesbu uses) and several other ones. You can always check online for more.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Omihanifa: 9:06pm On Apr 01, 2018
bojbest:
Guys Please why does this Mifi consume data compared to using a mobile phone. Am afraid i bought fake tho, am using the E5573cs which doesn't support glo4g( dont know why).
And also which network do you use on your Mifi. Just Imagaine using 1gig in 30minutes and am not browsing heavily.
Please help me, Data fees are Expensive these days.
Happy Easter
Thanks
i swear i think say nah only me o my mtn mifi is doing thesame thing
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ollah2: 11:54pm On Apr 01, 2018
jesbu:

It's because the mifi was done by Huawei
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by nani667: 3:58am On Apr 02, 2018
cool

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by babybird82(f): 10:07am On Apr 02, 2018
My NTEL mifi is damaged and I was told I would have to buy a new one. Don't know if I can get a universal one I can install my Sim into that will give me a signal.

Currently, I inserted my Sim into my phone and also Hotspot when I want to use my other devices but it runs down the battery of my phone.

I use a GIONEE S6s and the battery life is short.

Thanks in advance for a solution.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by hakeemlyon: 5:35pm On Apr 02, 2018
just got an ntel sim today. it worked fine a few minutes after I got home, now I can't even get a signal for the past 4 hours.. am not understanding this people.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (272) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.