Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (580572 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:13pm On Mar 31, 2017
alt3r3g0:

What exact parameter are we looking at? This is mtn ph and last test was 4.5MB/s

The first 2 color bars

Showing the dBm

Lower dBm means stronger service.

In your screenshot it's ok. 101dBm and 17dBm. It's green and yellow.

Will still drain your battery small Sha.

Compare with my shots where it's red and 121dBm and 3dBm

If service is really great you should be between 60 and 70dBm or even less sef.

If you change to GSM only you'd see that you'd be getting that level.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by locutas: 1:53pm On Mar 31, 2017
There's definitely some throttling on NTEL data bundles now. Probably based on a daily allocated quota or overall fair usage cap.

There's no other way to explain the fact that speeds are high just after subscribing, but drop precipitously after a few hours of heavy downloads.

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by duwdu: 8:11pm On Mar 31, 2017
dustmalik:

If your phone supports both bands and it's rooted, and you want to be sure of the bands available in your location, download Network signal guru. With that, you can lock it to any of the available bands. That's assuming your device uses a Qualcomm SoC. If MTK, use MTK Engineering mode to lock it to any of the bands.

NSG is indeed a darn good tool for Qualcomm devices; thanks for outing it. It previously flew under my own radar partly because of the relatively non-stellar rating it has so far garnered on the Play Store.

For MTK devices, LTE Discovery - along with MobileUncle Tools - is probably the one to beat.

P34c3
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 7:31am On Apr 01, 2017
locutas:
There's definitely some throttling on NTEL data bundles now. Probably based on a daily allocated quota or overall fair usage cap.

There's no other way to explain the fact that speeds are high just after subscribing, but drop precipitously after a few hours of heavy downloads.

It's on purpose.... I just subscribed now... 1k for the weekend, let's see how much MB i can use with this 32kb to 64kb download cap

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by hancock(m): 8:10pm On Apr 01, 2017
it seems ntel has quietly introduced new data packages with outrageous prices. that would explain why the old data plans are being throttled
right left and center.
Sad

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 10:07pm On Apr 01, 2017
hancock:
it seems ntel has quietly introduced new data packages with outrageous prices. that would explain why the old data plans are being throttled
right left and center.
Sad

Seems the speed is network thing no throttle .. my speed increased to about 1.4 MB/s
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by rookidmart: 8:14am On Apr 02, 2017
hancock:
right left and center.
Sad
LMAO.

Who will pay for 3 months of epileptic unlimited data for ₦60,000?!

Even their current ₦10,000 a month is unstable ,why would someone pay more for 3 months of shitt.y service?

They should keep the plans on hold for a year or 2, when they finally get their act together.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by duwdu: 12:43pm On Apr 02, 2017
If ntel kills the current Ulimited@10k plan - or as much as makes it less affordable - then I'll be off the network in an instant...

... Unless, of course, ntel can guarantee a solid 10MB/s (~80Mb/s) on, say, that new Unlimited@60k for 90 days plan. Such a guarantee's not likely to happen, though, and I may begin to consider Glo's 4G 48GB@8k 30-day plan ... that's a reasonable 167 Naira/GB.

Both services deliver about the same speeds in my crib. Glo is more solid, of course, and I already use the network's 10GB@2.5k 30-day ish to automatically fill up those unpredictable holes in ntel's Ulimited@10k service by stringing the modem routers together.

P34c3

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:57pm On Apr 03, 2017
Lol

See your people.

Sent me email with screenshot of that fellow that was bragging about his use that time.... grin grin

Shame they didn't include a screenshot of the complaints too.

Atink u now see proof that they read this thread so you can abuse them very well here grin grin grin

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by rookidmart: 6:59pm On Apr 03, 2017
4llerbuntu:
Lol

See your people.

Sent me email with screenshot of that fellow that was bragging about his use that time.... grin grin

Atink u now see proof that they read this thread so you can abuse them very well here grin grin grin
LMAO grin grin grin
cc Stanley08
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 03, 2017
4llerbuntu:
Lol

See your people.

ntel, if you people should tailor your radio jingle to match the complaints on this thread ehn . . . cheesy cheesy angry angry
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by alt3r3g0: 8:22pm On Apr 03, 2017
Clear case of selective self assessment.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by oloet: 9:59pm On Apr 03, 2017
I can't disturb myself cos of ntel, let them fix their network and we come back to the table
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Billw(m): 6:44am On Apr 04, 2017
amblors:

i heard someone on twitter say its blazing fast in PH. I've heard so much bad news here about the network i decided to go with spectranet. ntel was fluctuating on my phone with 1800mhz. made my decisions easier. Unlimited for 10k was pretty tempting though. currently enjoying my spectranet.

Truth about ntel in PH...It fluctuates sometimes....Buttttt....I use it on my Xbox one and laptop...And in 3days I have downloaded 150gb+ ......Stay at Ada George area
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by honsule(m): 8:43am On Apr 04, 2017
4llerbuntu:
Lol

See your people.

i received the mail too. cheesy cheesy
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by honsule(m): 8:44am On Apr 04, 2017
alt3r3g0:
Clear case of selective self assessment.

yes of course, the handwriting is clear
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by honsule(m): 8:46am On Apr 04, 2017
is their download speed now stable in Abuja? 2 or 3 weeks ago i used their service and i was getting 33kb on utorrent. I was like saying, is this not Ntel that i used to get 4MB on Utorrent, what happened?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by aliondo: 8:51am On Apr 04, 2017
Billw:

Truth about ntel in PH...It fluctuates sometimes....Buttttt....I use it on my Xbox one and laptop...And in 3days I have downloaded 150gb+ ......Stay at Ada George area

How fast is it??downloading speed and streaming?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Billw(m): 12:27pm On Apr 04, 2017
aliondo:

How fast is it??downloading speed and streaming?

1.3 mbps on idm
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by aliondo: 12:59pm On Apr 04, 2017
Billw:

1.3 mbps on idm

Thanks for your reply..its just that am confused cos i am using spectranet at the moment (tho subscription has ended) and am yet to subscribe...i don't know if i should get the ntel (3 months unlimited instead) and to be honest with you...the spectranet is fast...please does the ntel buffer especially when streaming?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by rookidmart: 1:07pm On Apr 04, 2017
aliondo:

Thanks for your reply..its just that am confused cos i am using spectranet at the moment (tho subscription has ended) and am yet to subscribe...i don't know if i should get the ntel (3 months unlimited instead) and to be honest with you...the spectranet is fast...please does the ntel buffer especially when streaming?
There's a ₦1,000 plan for 2 days.

You can use it to test drive.

If you're satisfied with it then you can do the one month plan.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 04, 2017
rookidmart:

There's a ₦1,000 plan for 2 days.

You can use it to test drive.

If you're satisfied with it then you can do the one month plan.

one chance things. ntel is way too erratic these days for a test drive to prove anything.
i am at satellite town 44kb/s
yesterday, i was in this very same spot at 1.1mb/s
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by rookidmart: 1:33pm On Apr 04, 2017
oyb:

one chance things. ntel is way too erratic these days for a test drive to prove anything.
i am at satellite town 44kb/s
yesterday, i was in this very same spot at 1.1mb/s

True though.

It's a 2 day plan, so he should test with all his locations.
There are still blind spots after a year of rollout.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 04, 2017
aliondo:

if you bought your modem from spectranet, you have to unlock it. if its mifi, its fairly straight forward, if its a desktop modem, yo will have to run the gamut of our modem hustlers
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by alt3r3g0: 5:48pm On Apr 04, 2017
Glo that i dumped Ntel for are now misbehaving, first three months, average of 3.5MB/s now to get 1.5MB/s na war. It was even worse than this but after complaining to their customer rep, the speed improved a bit. These guys just throttle lines without conscience. Customer rep claims their 4g is 26mbps to 60mbps, yet i hardly get more than 10mbps ( i have tested in Ikeja, Phase 1, Ajah, same story).

Even though MTN is more expensive, with the device bonus its a close difference in data amount, but very large in terms of value received e.g 5k for 24gb glo, less than 1.5MB/s, Mtn 5k, 20gb, but consistently above 4MB/s.

Modified:
Finally have my glo speed back. Hopefully they keep off my line forever.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by OBAGADAFFI: 7:00pm On Apr 04, 2017
I once said it that NTEL isn't ready for the market.
I got three months subscription with modern for 65k, and I have not enjoyed it a bit.

To my shock they don't even have internet access at the Ogunlana drive surulere, outlet.

Well, my Spectranet and Swift service are still active.as backup.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 04, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:
I once said it that NTEL isn't ready for the market.
I got three months subscription with modern for 65k, and I have not enjoyed it a bit.

To my shock they don't even have internet access at the Ogunlana drive surulere, outlet.

Well, my Spectranet and Swift service are still active.as backup.

I am still vexed.

last year, i was at the outlet to buy a modem. i had snuck out of the office and was on borrowed time. i was all ready to buy the modem [them 31k] - and their pos was not working ; and there was no working atm within a 1km radius from their office.

in the end i went to pc village over the weekend and eventually bought tplink modem for 45k. the extra money stil dey burn angry angry
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Billw(m): 8:50pm On Apr 04, 2017
aliondo:

since yesterday ntel has been slow...but when it is cruising it doesnt buffer...it even does 4k videos
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by OBAGADAFFI: 9:03pm On Apr 04, 2017
oyb:

I am still vexed.

last year, i was at the outlet to buy a modem. i had snuck out of the office and was on borrowed time. i was all ready to buy the modem [them 31k] - and their pos was not working ; and there was no working atm within a 1km radius from their office.

in the end i went to pc village over the weekend and eventually bought tplink modem for 45k. the extra money stil dey burn angry angry

Vex is an understatement, I wish I can sue them and get settled on time.

What is the model if your TPLINK modem.

Does it have MIMO and port forwarding.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by pheesayor(m): 12:46pm On Apr 05, 2017
NTEL is an unserious network and their ineffectiveness is giving me issues with their few hours on and many days off, might just return to swift
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by cleanshaven(m): 11:27pm On Apr 05, 2017
please NTEL officials, if you are reading this thread i beg you in the name of the lord to work on your network , the downtime is alarming now , i am on 3 months subscription and i cant do any work , i have called your customer care line several times to lodge complaint but the situation is still the same kindly work on your network please .

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (272) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.