Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,005 members, 7,821,521 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (580479 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 12:22am On Apr 06, 2017
1 bar and 30kb/s for the last 12 hours.

serious effup.

instead of facing their infrastructure they are wasting money on advertising to bring in more users to an unstable network.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by puskin: 1:32am On Apr 06, 2017
All these complaints about NTEL every time.

Is it only NTEL that offers 4G LTE service in naija. undecided
You ppl should realize by now that NTEL is not ready for biz.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 2:06am On Apr 06, 2017
puskin:
All these complaints about NTEL every time.

Is it only NTEL that offers 4G LTE service in naija. undecided
You ppl should realize by now that NTEL is not ready for biz.

i have been through swift, specranet and ntel.

they all have their bad days.

for the past two days someone has been struggling to email me a file. he uses swift and he says the best he can do is send it lat at night.

the saving grace of ntel has been highlighted repeatedly - no cap. at least one has the hope that when they are working, the 20gb of downloads will be downloaded. not the story of spectranet where you will be downloading with caution and cursing when non resumable downloads break.

all of the providers are effed in their own ways.

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by puskin: 4:28am On Apr 06, 2017
oyb:

i have been through swift, specranet and ntel.

they all have their bad days.

for the past two days someone has been struggling to email me a file. he uses swift and he says the best he can do is send it lat at night.

the saving grace of ntel has been highlighted repeatedly - no cap. at least one has the hope that when they are working, the 20gb of downloads will be downloaded. not the story of spectranet where you will be downloading with caution and cursing when non resumable downloads break.

all of the providers are effed in their own ways.

You should try SMILE??
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 06, 2017
puskin:

You should try SMILE??

if i recall, smile is the most expensive of the lot in terms of cost/gb

i just checked their site - they have unlimited premium of 19,800 [unlimited data from 12am to 6am]
unlimited lite - which is not defined

that is even crazier than spectranet who are charging 10k for 'unlimited' from 1am to 7am.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by seyizma(m): 11:58am On Apr 06, 2017
oyb:

if i recall, smile is the most expensive of the lot in terms of cost/gb

i just checked their site - they have unlimited premium of 19,800 [unlimited data from 12am to 6am]
unlimited lite - which is not defined

that is even crazier than spectranet who are charging 10k for 'unlimited' from 1am to 7am.

I use SMILE and I subscribe on a monthly basis. Their unlimited plan is 19,800. They have this fair usage policy: you browse and download at their highest speed for the first 100gb after that the soeed is reduced to 2MBps
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 06, 2017
seyizma:

I use SMILE and I subscribe on a monthly basis. Their unlimited plan is 19,800. They have this fair usage policy: you browse and download at their highest speed for the first 100gb after that the soeed is reduced to 2MBps

on their website the unlimited plan at 19800 is free midnlight browsing - the unlimited lite is not defined.

can you shed more light on this
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by oloet: 1:49pm On Apr 06, 2017
truth be told ntel is not ready for business...
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by DeLioncourt: 2:48pm On Apr 06, 2017
wetin dey worry ntel na??
yesterday they sent an email to my inbox to brag about their speed and how somebody was praising them on nairaland...
i cant even get beyond 70kb/s... TF am i supposed to do with 70kb/sec??

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 06, 2017

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Alsayer: 8:30pm On Apr 06, 2017
This thing slow af. 20kbs ffs!
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by malikalhaj: 7:54am On Apr 07, 2017
think its best to know location and how many bars so it can help the "Ntel People" know where the issue is
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by phemmisky(m): 9:29am On Apr 07, 2017
Pls, anybody using Ntel in Ikorodu? How's the speed ?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by purplekayc(m): 10:52am On Apr 07, 2017
DeLioncourt:
wetin dey worry ntel na??
yesterday they sent an email to my inbox to brag about their speed and how somebody was praising them on nairaland...
i cant even get beyond 70kb/s... TF am i supposed to do with 70kb/sec??
get an outdoor antenna
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by honsule(m): 11:21am On Apr 07, 2017
@Oyb. their speed on torrent is terrible.but at times it will just increase especially at mid night
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 07, 2017
honsule:
@Oyb. their speed on torrent is terrible.but at times it will just increase especially at mid night

True that. Around 2.45am, it picked to 1.1mb/s (finally). So I spent the time I should have been working nursing my downloads to completion (very weird behavior with openload; sometimes the downloads will just freeze)
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by honsule(m): 12:06pm On Apr 07, 2017
Am forced to use GLO 4G LTE faster, better and cheaper........ i will dump my Ntel till further notice
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Alsayer: 12:59pm On Apr 07, 2017
Ntel useless right now.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by toluxa1(m): 1:01pm On Apr 07, 2017
honsule:
Am forced to use GLO 4G LTE faster, better and cheaper........ i will dump my Ntel till further notice

I guess I have to do same. NTEL had been frustrating the past two to three weeks. This month's subscription is a total waste. Unfortunately they don't seem like they will compensate customers.

What band is GLO 4G so I know if it'll work on my unlocked spectranet Mifi E5372
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:49pm On Apr 07, 2017
Today the experience is that one line has been fluctuating all day.

whilst my personal line has been working fine.

i even swapped the sims in both devices to see if it was a device issue, but thats not the case.

therefore in the same location my own line in my Mifi is working (DNS issues as usual so its intermittent), whilst the other line inside Ntel router has not worked at all today. the data connection keeps going off and on every 5 secs.

make my sub sha finish make i fokoff
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by DeLioncourt: 2:28pm On Apr 07, 2017
purplekayc:
get an outdoor antenna

wish i could. i'm using the mifi. there's no way to attach an antenna to that.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by DeLioncourt: 2:30pm On Apr 07, 2017
seems better today... getting up to 700kb/s in ikoyi. fair enough..

i miss the days of 3mb/s
sweet
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by purplekayc(m): 2:42pm On Apr 07, 2017
DeLioncourt:

wish i could. i'm using the mifi. there's no way to attach an antenna to that.
there's mifi for it
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by iliyande(m): 3:08pm On Apr 07, 2017
honsule:
Ntel is of no use for now. Glo is ok
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Alsayer: 6:39pm On Apr 07, 2017
It would've been nice if they actually responded to complaints rather than pretend that everyone is satisfied with what they're getting.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by CLASSMAN: 8:30pm On Apr 07, 2017
iliyande:

Ntel is of no use for now. Glo is ok

Am telling u, very fast i am really surprised with glo very stable ad fast

2 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 7:08am On Apr 08, 2017
Useless people. Mass effect is out and all I can do is look angry

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dulux07(m): 8:45am On Apr 08, 2017
Despite their poor services, to recharge sef na wahala, Ntel throttles speed i think after using 3g or 6g/day, afterwards It becomes xtremely slow.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 8:58am On Apr 08, 2017
dulux07:
Despite their poor services, to recharge sef na wahala, Ntel throttles speed i think after using 3g or 6g/day, afterwards It becomes xtremely slow.

i suspect that is the case. they have some threshold after which your data will be throttled.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dulux07(m): 9:10am On Apr 08, 2017
oyb:

i suspect that is the case. they have some threshold after which your data will be throttled.
It is.
Before, they throttle d speed i think after 10g/day, but u stil get 400kb-600kb via idm download, browsing n streaming still remains super fast,
But now it seems they "over" throttle d speed, cos u only get 20-30kb on idm, browsing n streaming becomes very slow.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by tyoba: 9:33am On Apr 08, 2017
oyb:
Useless people. Mass effect is out and all I can do is look angry

Pc or ps4?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 08, 2017
tyoba:

Pc or ps4?

PC

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (272) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.